QueenSmudge

Sorting your scroll

How do you sort your scroll?  

795 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The order my scroll is in looks jumbled, and probably makes little sense to anyone looking at my scroll, but at a glance I can tell where I am with a lineage, or a pairing, or a generation.

And I'm pretty fussy about it as well, sorting every dragon in it's place the minute it grows up, even if it requires sorting several times a day.

Heh, this. And I use Alternate custom sort because you can see more items on the screen at a time which makes it easier to move things to where you want 'em.

Sorta a combo of two. happy.gif I used rainbow sort before the mid-winter madness, but the nocturnes and canopies screwed up the system, so now I put my holidays at the bottom and hatchies at the top and the madness ones in a semi-fitting color palette.

I use the Legacy custom sort because the tiny squares help me sort them quite well. I kinda have a problem with the current rainbow sort so I put it in my own order (I'm just super picky about that kind of stuff, note sig). My lineage dragons are at the top so I remember those projects, then the dragons themselves are rainbow, in order of when I got them, and the frozen hatchies underneath the same way.

I custom sort mine by breed, then Female, F hatchling, M hatchling, Male then by colour. easier to find dragons then when i have loads

I custom sort my scroll. It's sorted by breed with the eggs on top of the hatchlings. The eggs and hatchlings are sorted by when I caught them.

I tuck my inbreds down at the bottom(all 100 or so of them, yikes), and the others go by date at the top, with unbreedables in between. I'm going to start freezing some inbred hatchlings, because of the new sprites, and I'll probably put them in with the unbreedables.

I sorted mine with my favorites on top (ironically my rarest =P). The rares I put on top because not only are they my favorites, but I think if I show off the rarest first it'll make people want to look at all of my dragons smile.gif

Other than that I arranged them by breed and gender mostly

When I started, I just had them in the default way accounts sort them. After doing that for a few weeks, I learned how to put my eggs and hatchlings at the top. Now I have my eggs and hatchlings at the top and sort the dragons by breed. When I want to name them, I keep eggs and hatchling on top and sort by name, rather than looking around for all the different unnamed ones.

Now that dimorphism is out. . . I'll have to hand sort them by gender on top of breed. @_@;; I loved how the previous system did that for me automatically with dimorphic breeds . . . all my female pinks together. . . all my male pinks together. . . all my Vamps slotting themselves into place too . . and by growth-date to boot!

@_@;; I'mma be busy for some time to come.

D'OH! i voted wrong =\ i use alternate custom sort for convenience

I use custom sort, in rainbow order. I got tired of seeing the Midwinter Madness release dragons messing up my rainbow, so I fixed it myself. xd.png

It's just a habit, now.

Edit: Dead eggs all the way at the bottom, to hide my shame... though I'm considering sorting it to sit just below the vampire who killed it, so he can personally feel ashamed.

I do exactly this. xd.png "Fine, you wanna kill the egg, you can STARE AT IT FOR TWO WEEKS."

I custom sort. They're more or less arranged by some idea of color and aesthetics...whenever a new breed is introduced, I take them through the whole scroll to decide where I think they look the nicest. Then each breed is sorted male, female, female hatchling, male matchling. Then in those categories, they're in order of acquisition, first being on top. It's all very neurotic and precise.

I use breed. I'd love to use Custom sort but I have too many dragons presently to want to fuss with the Custom sort. Maybe I'll get around to it some day...

I used to use the reverse rainbow sort, but the mid-winter madness screwed it up. So, I use alternate sort now and changed some of the original rainbow sort around.

I use alt custom sort. My scroll is sorted by breeding pairs... so it's sort of like order in chaos, with eggs and hatchies on top, and frozen hatchies under them in the order that they were frozen. Then after breeding pairs, there are all the single males, Vampires, single females, and then dragons from a linage project that I'm no longer continuing.

I tend to put the small ones on the top... Just resorted and it took me close to one hour! I've changed it to the rare section and the common section.

Ughhh, I use legacy custom sort, because I'm completely stuck in my ways and unwilling to change.

I just stick my vines before everything else, then arrange the rest however I feel they should be arranged that particular minute.

I used Custom Sort for quite a while, but I now prefer doing the Date Sort in reverse.

I try to keep it custom sorted. Eggs then hatchlings then gendered hatchlings then adults. The adults are sort of by pair with thier childeren under them. As I get more dragons I know this will change some.

I was just thinking of this, and forgot to post how I had mine sorted.

Mine is CB on top, linage on the bottom. Then newest on top, oldest on the bottom. And when I get a second of the same type it gets moved to be on top of the oldest of that type. Kinda complex but easy for me to keep tract. tongue.gif

Color, but I adjust some of the ones that aren't in a nice rainbow color... smile.gif

I sort by colour/breed but I have a lot of my own unique ways of doing it. My sorting system is arcane tongue.gif

I use alt custom sort to put the breeds in an order that looks good to me right now. I might end up scraping that and just going by breed soon, though.

I custom-sort mine. I have so many and with long family trees in my scroll alone, it makes things easier. x3 Eggs and hatchlings at the top, adults at the bottom. Pairs-for-life put in order, male by female...then the "singles", all males, then all females, and finally the "specials"...such as vampires, holidays and the like.

It makes sense when you're me. rolleyes.gif

Mine is primarily sorted by colour, but then tweaked with alternate custom sort. I didn't like where some of the breeds ended up, and also the new breeds were just thrown to the bottom.