QueenSmudge

Sorting your scroll

How do you sort your scroll?  

795 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought that was how the first Custom Sort works. How is this one different?

Does custom sort allow the same number to be used for multiple dragons?

Legacy custom sort allows the same number to be used for multiple dragons so all the dragons of the same breed (for me) have the same number.

Also legacy is not a drop and drag and the numbers can be manually assigned. This is also how I keep my zombies from roaming - I give them a very high number at the bottom of my scroll.

Edited by rubyshoes

I sort my dragons by colour, but manually. That is, using the custom sort and/or the alternate custom sort, not the rainbow. I have my own views about which colour comes after which. >>;

Hatchling(s) of each breed go below the corresponding adults; dinos and chicks at the bottom, just because I see them as entirely separate species and want to keep them, well, separate from teh draggies.

I sort mine with the Alternate Sort. I have mine sorted in the order I like the species, with ones I like most at top, and those I like least on bottom. Frozen hatchlings come after the adults, sorted exactly like the adults. Chickens are only at the bottom of my scroll because they are so small they look odd anywhere else I put them.

I use Custom Sort to sort my dragons. Eggs and hatchlings are always on the top happy.gif.

I think I don't have any kind of order on mine dragons... Well, I've them in their breed, nothing more... Oh well, mine vamps are over there and some are over there and I don't know where Stavyor is, he always appear on an other place every time when he's awake... Sometimes he's with mine pumpkins, and sometimes he's with mine vamps... x'd

I actually sort mine by Growth. I like for my eggs/hatchlings to be on top so I can check them easily, and I don't really have a preference for my adult dragons. The adults under Growth sort by date, so I have them organized from oldest to youngest.

Does custom sort allow the same number to be used for multiple dragons?

Legacy custom sort allows the same number to be used for multiple dragons so all the dragons of the same breed (for me) have the same number.

Also legacy is not a drop and drag and the numbers can be manually assigned. This is also how I keep my zombies from roaming - I give them a very high number at the bottom of my scroll.

Oooo, I see the difference now. Okay, thank you. smile.gif

Hmm.... that's an idea. Maybe I'll experiment with that one for a bit then....

Oooo, I see the difference now. Okay, thank you. smile.gif

Hmm.... that's an idea. Maybe I'll experiment with that one for a bit then....

Your welcome. Legacy really works well for me.

Custom sort.

I put the non breedables at the bottom and the rest in order of how much I like/dislike the sprites.

Eggs and hatchlings are at the top so I can see at a glance how badly I'm scroll locked.

I don't do custom slots because I think it would take up too much time.

Legacy Custom Sort.

I like them sorted with contrasting colors next to each other. smile.gif

I used to use just the custom sort, but last fall it stopped working for me. sad.gif

Custom sort here too.

In order to keep various breeding projects separate I use certain AP dragons as place marks. I'm also using frozen hatchlings as "tabs". I would love to be able to have tabs or tables to keep everything separate.

I originally sorted by color, but then I got a few breeds whose positions made me go "Huh?" and then I started custom sorting to get an order that made more sense. Arbitrarily put vampires first because I felt like it. Recently started sorting breeds with BSAs (that I actually use, sorry pebbles) by BSA cooldown, rather than alphabetically within the breed. Eggs and hatchies get jumbled together at the top, unless it's a dead egg courtesy of a misbehaving vamp in which case it tags along behind said vamp until it disappears.

LOL Yes, I've had that same problem. Some are the "Bambi vs Godzilla" theme where it looks like one just stomps the other flat. And other scenarios.

I use custom sort. Still being new I am always pushing dragons around on the scroll trying to see what line up looks best. I usually have eggs at the top. Newest caught first, those about to hatch, last. Then the hatchlings in same type of order. If I get dead eggs from a vampire bite they are pushed to the very bottom of the scroll to keep things orderly. (I won't be biting until after Valentine's Day)

Currently, frozen hatchlings are at the scroll's end, but as I get the adults, I am trying to create "family groups." The dragons I work with most/my favorite, I try to keep towards the top, but my mom likes to peak in from time to time to look at them so I try to keep the newer game pieces where she can easily see them without scrolling down too much.

I'm interested in reading this thread more for better ideas.

Used legacy until the 255 max for custom sort was fixed - now alternate custom sort. Alternate seems to glitch more than the normal custom sort, but it's less dragging and scrolling.

Same as some earlier posters, I think the rainbow sort has breeds in an order that doesn't really flow from one breed to another. If I remember right, for example, the autumn and Christmas clash most.

First I have my Welcome dragon and leetle tree, eggs and hatchlings, then I put 2 adults and 2 frozen hatchlings of each breed in my "collection" in a personal reverse rainbow, all golds and silvers together in their breed slot in that collection, then a divider of chickens, then a black-and-white collection (alt/black adults + frozen whites), then random duplicates in whatever order they get there, then finally some goodbye dragons (Hiding, All Happinesses Leaving, Ender's Shadow) C:

I go with my own way to sort out my dragons by using the Alternate Sorting, but at the same time, I sort them by their color. I sort them in a way that it starts with a color, then it gets broken off by my winter seasonal dragons, and then it goes from blue to black all the way down.

My Pygmy dragon pair are the first because of their size and my Dorsal dragons are at the very bottom of the list.

Hey you stole my idea for a thread tongue.gif lol anyway.

I use custom sort. I am incredibly OCD when it comes to sorting my scroll. All eggs and hatchies are sorted at the top according to how much time they have left. Then all the dragons with 2 or more sprites, are at the top, Vampires, seasonals, stripes, and the like. All ordered male, female, male female, with frozen hatchies underneath. Then the dragons with one sprite are sorted in my own version of rainbow sort. I plan to have 6 adults and four frozen hatchies of each breed, sorted male, female. Then come the alts, holidays, and unbreedables, two of each, (except the papers as I hoard those gorgeous sprites) one adult and then one frozen hatchie of each.

Phew, yes I know I'm nuts. But I love how my scroll looks.

Edited by Sister of the Dragon

I use legacy custom sort - Try to drop and drag is difficult for me (bad hands).

Ditto and for the same reason.

That, and I was already using legacy when drag-and-drop came out... tried switching, and that's when I realized my bad wrists would get in the way every time.