QueenSmudge

Sorting your scroll

How do you sort your scroll?  

795 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have them sorted by date. It makes it easier for me to remember which dragons were my first, and when I got which ones. I had it sorted by growth, but changed it back. With my scroll getting long, though, I might look at other sorting options.

Regardless, it's important to me to keep all the eggs and hatchlings sorted together, so I can keep an eye on their growth.

I use custom sort. The guardians of nature are at the top right after my eggs/hatchies, then the trios, then the holidays, then seasonals, stripeds, sunrises/sunsets, hellfires, then it's by color starting with brown. Dinos and chickens are at the very bottom.

I use Legacy, because I have a very specific way I sort mine, and it's easier to just type a number than scrolling through everything. I have a word document where I list what order I want everything in, so if I make changes I can easily just go through and update the numbers of everything on my scroll.

Growth, because all of my frozens are part of a song project and I like my adults in date order. I don't custom because I don't want to hassle with resorting every time a dragon grows up.

I sort in color order, but I do it by hand. There are 8 dragons that are part of a song, and they stay at the top. Then, I disagree with the automatic color sort on a couple of counts. (Horsedragons counting as blue instead of purple bothers me a bit lol.)

I use Custom - or Alternate sort :3

I sort them by my own rainbow, because the made-up rainbow sorting messes up breeds(and it doesn't look like rainbow, they shold fix that) and I like to have an unique sorting. But I have to break some breeds, for example vampires, hellfires and night- and day grories, because genders are so differently colored. My colour sorting starts with blacks and ends with dark-colored dragons, so it's like a circle. ^^

Edited by Bamboomonkey

Custom sort, I like to keep my favourite dragons up together with their own mates smile.gif

And their sons are all separated (My summoned one is the separator lol) to avoid inbreeding.

I sort by name, BUT I do it manually...

- All my eggs are at the top

- Then come my hatchlings, sorted by name (any unnamed ones come at the top)

- Then come all my SND dragons, sorted not by name but by their order (no, that doesn't mean Shadraq's most important, it means she was my first)

- Then come the rest of my dragons.

I might start to have Fifth Element dragons in their categories too.

I have a very complicated sort system, cause my scroll represents different aspects of egyptian and semitic mythologies and early christian demonology. So most of my dragons are divided by color sets, naming themes, etc; also I have some kind of unique sections (I use chickens as dividers).

So the only type of sorting I can use is Alternate Custom cool.gif

I use the custom sort. Male with female first, then unpaired dragons.

I have a very complicated sort system, cause my scroll represents different aspects of egyptian and semitic mythologies and early christian demonology. So most of my dragons are divided by color sets, naming themes, etc; also I have some kind of unique sections (I use chickens as dividers).

So the only type of sorting I can use is Alternate Custom cool.gif

I love your sorting. ^^

I just totally resorted my scroll according to lineages etc:

Dragon sorting (categories at the top take priority, for example an Elemental Dorkface goes in Dorkface, but Shadraq - despite being an Alt - would still obviously go in SND.)

- Eggs

- Hatchlings

- SND

- All un-lineaged dragons (ordered by breed)

- Alts

- Demon

- Dorkface

- Fifth Element

- Final Fantasy

- Flounder

- Frozen Hatchlings (just Chairo, then.)

- Hope

- Metallics

- Trios

- Unbreedables

No, I don't have any Metallics...yet. I'm planning ahead. ^^

I don't know if I've replied to this, but...

Leetle Tree and Zombies at the top.

Eggs

Hatchies

Guardians...to guard the eggs and hatchied...

And then things just go in the order of the rainbow-ish. It depends what colors I think they look best next to. First I have adult males, then adult females, then the frozen female, frozen male, ungendered frozen. I like to have 3 of each gender for the adults. Near the bottom are my cheeses, papers, dinos, and chickens. Then the remnants of my former frozen hatchie army - I released most of them.

Last are a few songs I'm working on with frozen pinks, vines, and blacks. And adult daydreams.

Alternate Custom in the begining, but when I got more than 70 dragon I had to use Legacy Custom Sort

My sorting system is...hmm...quite changeable dry.gif but generally, family members will stay together

Edited by rbb115

I used to do Custom, Rainbow Sort, but then sometimes the new dragons when they adulted, they got stuck on top for the longest of time. So then I used Legacy sort. All the number filling satisfies my OCD for hours biggrin.gif

I always use Alternate Custom sort...I just sort things where i want them as they grow up. Currently I'm working on resorting the lower half of my scroll this way. So far, it's like this:

Eggs/hatchies

Metallics

Trios

Holidays

Vamps

Blacks

Randomly sorted commons

By breed. I want to use the custom sorts, but none of them work. Up until now I thought it was a glitch in the game that TJ was going to get around to fixing at some point, but now I guess the problem is on my end.

I custom sort mine into what I feel is a more flowing rainbow, one pair of each color, with a frozen gendered hatchie between them (two if gendered hatchies look different)

All duplicates go on the bottom, all new eggs/hatchies go on top.

I use alternate custom sort. Unbreedables at the bottom, then rares/uncommons, then the commons that I breed regularly, then the commons that I don't breed.

For now I sort them like this:

Mascot

Eggs/Hatchlings

Cheese Army

Chicken Army

Vamps

Stripes

Seasonals

Dinos

Holidays/Ultra Rares

Retired Dragons

Dragons with Sexual Dimorphism

Dragons with 2 different sprites (ex. Dusk/Dawn)

Rares

The rest of the dragons

Red Army

I can't really figure out any other way to sort them for now, and with over 500 dragons it isn't really that easy to sort them so for now, that's how they stay tongue.gif.

Alternate custom because it's faster than regular custom.

I sort mine so eggs/hatchies are first, then frozens, then full grown dragons. Then I put them in a rainbow for each category; Reds, then Magis, etc.

Mine is generally color sorted, but I've swapped some of the orders around and manually moved species together. I use the alternate custom sort to get new dragons in, though. Moving the little tiles is good, and it's a hold over from back when the original custom sort wouldn't sort as many dragons as I had.

I use Custom sort, as I have a my kind of sort. I sort every breed in the "caught" order (example, the first breed on my scroll is Canopy (my first egg), the second is Spitfire (my second egg), third is Neotropical (third egg), ...). Every breed is ordered: CB pairs (alterning males and females), lineaged pairs, 2 stage hatchies pair and 1 stage hatchie. Breeding only dragons and Holiday dragons are together, always in the "caught" order. Yes, at every dragon grown I drag and drop, but it's funny for me smile.gif.