QueenSmudge

Sorting your scroll

How do you sort your scroll?  

795 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A mixture of custom sort and by breed. I like having the breeds grouped together, male/female, and the chicken has to be at the very top. Holidays get the botton, seasons next to last, and if I can ever grab any dinos they'll probably be under those.

I use custom sort.

I keep my water army at the top, followed by the rest of my dragons grouped by breed and in the order I raised them.

I use Legacy Custom Sort. It would be mad to manually sort 330+ dragons every time new breeds are vailable. I can't count how often I had to change the whole sorting because of that xd.png

First eggs from new to older, then hatchlings from new to older. Then my personal view on how the Rainbow Sort should look like ( wink.gif ). Then Seasonals, then Holiday Dragons in the order I got them, Vampires, Papers, Dinos, Chickens.

I don't like the current rainbow sort because it isn't rainbowish in various points and I don't like my unbreedables and Holidays and Seasonals to mix with the rest and not be placed together.

I use custom sort, and currently my dragons are sorted from the oldest to newest*, starting from the bottom and then to the top. ^ ^

*and with "oldest" I wanted to say "oldest dragons on my scroll", for example, some of my very first dragons, to "newest" which aren't site's newest, but newest for my scroll. ^ ^

I use a modified version of Rainbow (color) sort. When a new dragon is released, I Rainbow sort my scroll to see where they fall in the color scheme, then arrange the little details of my scroll the way I want it to be using Custom Sort.

I use custom sort but will use a little bit of Legacy as well.

I generally sort with eggs at the top of my scroll followed by babies - my little tree.

Then I sort by families - My Akeena line, certain silver dragons and their children, the Witch Legacy line, other small families I've bred followed by Thuweds, Dorkfaces. My TMND dragons, and then I try to have generations higher gen dragons over the CB.

I often use Alternate Custom Sort, as my scrollbuilding is not so easy. I divide dragons by groups of 1-3 breeds, mostly due to their concept or color scheme (line whiptails look wonderful with neotropicals, they have similar lines on their bodies). cool.gif

Well for a long time I had my own set order of dragons in an unusual custom colour sort/convoluted breed sort.

It would go through colour like alt blacks to blacks through greys to whites, then I grouped all the stripes together and then did a rainbow sort keeping all breeds together like 2-heads, stripes, pinks, sunrise/sunsets etc. I would exclude the chickens and dinos and they would go at the end, along with the event dragons.

Pretty complicated!

Then I was away for a bit, and it was too much work to keep the order and put in the new dragons. So right now, i'm working on a reversed rainbow sort, with eggs and hatchlings at the top.

Reading this thread tells me Im even more anal/ocd than I thought about my scroll. ohmy.gif

I use the regular custom sort. Eggs then hatchies on top. Then event dragons for a divider. Then all dragons I dont have a full set of sprites for, with most missing at top. After that I have all full sets (M, F, and frozen hatchy) in roughly the order of preference. At the bottom are all my extra adults and then my extra hatchlings. Dead eggs (when I have any) go clear at the bottom.

I dunno, it looks more complicated when I say it than it feels in practice. rolleyes.gif

I use Custom Sort; I start with Vamps, holidays, seasonals, and then go into a color gradient that started as a rainbow and gets more and more complicated every release. At the bottom, of course, are my Stones. xd.png

95% of time or more i use alternate custom sort, its the easiest due to me having a own sorting order, it gives you oversigth so you can place the dragon exactly where you want in reference to others on your scroll, without having to scroll for ages (like when the pics load in full size in the other two custom sorts)

my sort order is

some hatchies i like

special event cb dragons

other cb dragons

pb dragons (here counting also those who cant breed with one of their own, and only have one other breed in the line)

hatchie collection

dorkfaces

swayze line

dragons who can be used in swayze line and arent placed further up the page

other mixbreed's (including some lineages)

hatchie armie

collection towards a future project of mine

and in between that various hatchies and non breedables that i use as 'bookmarks' to see where one sort group stops and another starts

also within this i got various sorting levels, like i do sort by breed, so apart from special event dragons, each group start with seasonals

and of course since i am in seasonal project, my pb seasonals are also sorted by starting point and not just plain seasons

i generally keep females first and male second, though there are some exceptions in my scroll also to this, that has its rhyme and reason

basically i am detail oriented in how i sort, and it largely helps me find what i want found on my scroll (by now working towards 500), quick and easy without having to all the time refer to a spreadsheet for info

Edited by Tanitsja

Custom sort. I like my hatchies on top and my adults following with the rarest on the bottom. The rest are in some random order that I just think looks cool visually xd.png

I use alternate custom sort coz it's easiest on my eyes and because I like to have my breeding pairs together. So on my scroll it goes (mostly, there is one exception):

eggs

hatchlings (unfrozen)

breeding pairs (at the moment in the order they first had kids)

prospective parents

unpartnered adults

I don't know what I'll do if I start freezing hatchlings.

Since I have a few dragons of rare breed and three lineages and different naming systems for each, I sort using both custom and alternate custom. Easier for me to keep track of where everyone's at.

Normally, I use Alternate Custom Sort, to sort my dragons into their respective naming themes. However, right now, it's sorted by breed because I wanted to clean it up and I needed to know how many extras I had and etc. Though, this makes for interesting engrish themes in parts of it.

Like most of the people I also use Custom sort - newest dragons, metallics and trios are on top, followed by other breeds, the colors of which i think look cool together, and inbred ones are in the bottom.^^

Custom sort - I sort them by height and adult sprite direction smile.gif

First come the immature dragons by age, then my lineage dragons by closeness to the top of the lineage, and then the rest of the dragons:

Most are listed with the largest rightward facing dragons first, in decreasing order until I hit the shortest, then I go shortest leftward facing to tallest leftward facing.

In each breed, I put the males first, then the females (CB dragons listed first), with the hatchies after the adults. (Silvers are a special case).

Dinos are again a special case, sitting in between the right and left sprites.

Custom Sort

I have my newest eggs and hatchies at the top, followed by my event/rare dragons.

After the rares, I order the dragons by my favorites.

For each breed, I organize by adult first and then frozen hatchies, and both of these categories are sorted by name length.