The Tempest Lineage

The Tempest Lineage *NEW* - Over 700 Dragons !

The 'Summon' dragon is *extremely* cool, but I agree that it's not really a Tempest dragon and only having two on a scroll makes it pretty unusable for a lineage.

The breeding thing is a huge shame as far as I'm concerned. Even if they bred like golds, I'd be happy (and my golds have given me the finger for about a year now). sad.gif

Any word on when the Frills will be retired? I have some, but never got hatchies to freeze...

The 'Summon' dragon is *extremely* cool, but I agree that it's not really a Tempest dragon and only having two on a scroll makes it pretty unusable for a lineage.

The breeding thing is a huge shame as far as I'm concerned. Even if they bred like golds, I'd be happy (and my golds have given me the finger for about a year now).  sad.gif

Any word on when the Frills will be retired? I have some, but never got hatchies to freeze...

I also think it's a little bit weird for uncommons (the Legendaries) to breed like rares (Gold & Silver) huh.gif ....

About the Frills :

As far as I know there is no official statement from TJ and no new things came out .

I hope Lyth will change her decision, even if she said that she won't sad.gif ......

Greetings, Shi happy.gif

Edited by The Tempest Lineage

One of the earliest Summon dragons matured today. I saw it.

It's colour is somewhere between Wedgewood blue and lavender, with purple dapples and watery, cobalt-blue wings.

The claws on the ends of its wing struts are pendulous, like drops of frozen water.

It's "official" name is "Guardian of Nature." The official description states that it only appears if it's territory is threatened. Since Tempests tend to be threatening and damaging, the impression is that the dragon's raison-d'être would be in direct opposition to Tempest. We don't include Magma and Ice, but we voted in Thunder.

mellow.gif

I'm neutral on including it. Pretty much everything disqualifies it for inclusion in this lineage but it strikes a nice antithesis to the Tempest zeitgeist, and it uses lightning. Including the Guardian of Nature dragon could set the stage for a lineage narrative, a "back-story" as it were. We have seven Tempest dragons versus one Tempest dragon that dares to stand against them, with that one dragon's "parent" (Thunder) caught in the middle.

It does raise the question, however: wouldn't Ice dragons fit into the Tempest concept?

Discuss.

Edited by Xocowolf

I'll agree with Shichibi that the Guardian of Nature isn't really a Tempest dragon. Vague undefined powers over lightning and ice don't really say Tempest to me, since it also has fire powers and that's a bit out of place; these dragons are adaptable for any environment, not just Tempesty ones. The two-per-scroll limit is another reason not to include them, and they aren't lineally descended from thunders, just summoned by them.

Ice dragons... I dunno. They're cold, and they hunt by freezing things with their breath; that's about all. For my part, I'd have liked a Tempest ice dragon to interact with its environment more -- to cause ice storms or dwell in a turbulent, icy country or something. (Same objection for the electrics, though, and we did include those.)

Also, am very sad about the frills. ;; Those sprites are awesome and I don't have enough of 'em.

BUT. Anyone seen the new male electric sprites??? biggrin.gif The females have changed a bit too; their wings are different and they have one foot lifted.

Name: Tempest Tantalum

Breed: Deep Sea

Generation: 1 (CB)

Name: Tempest Niobium

Breed: Storm

Generation: 1 (CB)

*now needs them to grow up and unlock me, darnit!<3*

Edited by infiniteviking

Yep, I love them!

I have a male-Influenced Electric egg due to hatch in about 90 minutes, which is why I'm burning the midnight oil.

Like I said, I'm neutral on the Nature's Guardian being included. Not a great loss if it isn't, plenty to do with it otherwise.

Buuuuuuut — as I'm sure you've noticed, the Mod Madness eggs are out!! biggrin.gif

Two are supposedly Wyverns. One is an Amphithere (from Arabian mythology — guarded frankincense trees). One is a dragon, Nebula.

Only one of the Wyverns, I think, may be kinda Tempest-y, but mostly not, and being a Wyvern can't breed with dragons. So I'm fairly sure, no new Tempests in this release.

Nebulas=Luff.

:3

The Blue Topaz (the different colors in the sun one) isn't tempesty.

Nebulas aren't either.

The green one doesn't look very tempesty.

And Hellfire? Fire sort of is against it all, isn't it?

xd.png

Nebulas=Luff.

:3

The Blue Topaz (the different colors in the sun one) isn't tempesty.

Nebulas aren't either.

The green one doesn't look very tempesty.

And Hellfire? Fire sort of is against it all, isn't it?

xd.png

I can imagine...

Deep Sea: I AM TEMPEST!

Skywing: I AM TEMPEST!

Storm: I AM TEMPEST!

*Downpour*

Hellfire: I AM- darn, my fire burned out. Uh, brb.

DS, Skywing, Storm: ...

xd.png Lame humor </off topic>

My tempests had no interest :/ Grr.

Edited by Amphitrite

I'm going to try breeding my Water Tempests as soon as my Nebula hatches. Then I'll have room.

*hugs thread* Missed yoooooou~

Edited by Likewise

Thanks to lack of interest from my main lineage project couples, I finally bred another Tempest egg.

I hope I added him correctly to the form. It said to add CB for Caveborn parents so I added CB before the names of the parents.

If anyone is interested in a 2nd generation Tempest bluna, send me a PM.

Lineage would look like this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/RUEd

This one had an awesome code that I had intended to incorporate into its name but I forgot! xd.png

Edit: I'm interested in obtaining a 2nd generation egg from Skywing x Deep Sea pairing as mate to http://dragcave.net/lineage/fgQL.

Edited by Maladroit

Tempest Vayujvala matured a few minutes ago. He's a male Electric.

I need to collect a Thunder to fill out the roster. Working on that over the next day or so.

Edit: I'm interested in obtaining a 2nd generation egg from Skywing x Deep Sea pairing as mate to http://dragcave.net/lineage/fgQL.

I can do that. smile.gif I have several skywing/deep-sea pairings that are pretty cooperative... I'll try them as soon as I've locked myself from picking up CB or AP eggs. ;P

EDIT: D= Not a one of them produced an egg. =[ I'll try again next week, if you like.

Edited by MissVampire13

I can do that. smile.gif I have several skywing/deep-sea pairings that are pretty cooperative... I'll try them as soon as I've locked myself from picking up CB or AP eggs. ;P

EDIT: D= Not a one of them produced an egg. =[ I'll try again next week, if you like.

Thanks so much for trying. I appreciate it. smile.gif

Has anyone been able to successfully breed a thunder with an electric?

I have, but in Fifth Element, not Tempest.

Scratch that. Riding the Tempest is a Thunder x Electric.

Edited by Xocowolf

Added a new Tempest:

Name: Elemental Full Circle Tempest

Breed: Bluna

Generation: 3

Mother: Delirium Tempest

Father: A Wild Elemental Tempest

egwenna, you around and unlocked so we can try for the 4th gen?

Yes this is a shameless bump.

I am.. and I am! :-)

::crosses fingers::

Mine have been horrible about breeding lately, hopefully yours will show us some love!

Edited by egwenna

I should be hunting Sunsongs and BBWs, but couldn't resist a gorgeous CB deep-sea and CB electric from the AP.~ They will join us! :3

Hm, has anybody got Tempesty descriptions for their Tempest dragons? Just wondering.

I can try in two days a sibling to [ http://dragcave.net/lineage/AIv2 ]. I'm too lazy to link it so even though I'm probably taking more time and energy to time this afternote, I need to comment on why I did that.

Also, [ http://dragcave.net/lineage/CldE ] Male vibes for this one? Please?

tongue.gif

Mine have been horrible about breeding lately, hopefully yours will show us some love!

No egg. dry.gif

Where art thou, Fertilityyyyyyyy?

@infinite: Not yet. But I'm getting around to it. xd.png

Hm, has anybody got Tempesty descriptions for their Tempest dragons? Just wondering.

Strangely enough, I do! As of yet, I only have 3 dragons with descriptions, but one of them is a Tempest smile.gif

Tempest Fighter Pilot

~jumps in for a quick reminder~

Please remember, to give out the Blunas only to (Tempest) members that already have MORE then two Tempest dragons already smile.gif !

I MUST and I will update the front post this week, seriously I've to do this ~kicks myself~ .

Greetings Shichibi happy.gif !

I will join as soon as my fog/gray/storm grows up.

Are crossover lineages allowed?

Idk, I think as long as all the dragons in the lineage are the accepted breeds.

someone bred a thuwed tempest before.