starial

Scroll pause action

Should we have a pause scroll action??  

232 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello everyone!

I'm leaving on vacation on Monday for 4 days. But I still have a lot of trading pending right now, which I was not able to conclude and I'd hate to leave .

So I thought it would be a nice addition to the settings the opportunity to put your own scroll pause, for a period.

Scroll paused

Holidays? No internet? Work? Take a break!

I thought it would be very nice to be able to go on:

settings ---> pause the game

The current rules say that if you do 6 months without logging your scroll is deleted (if there are no dragons in it).

This addition would allow you to double this time, as well as blocking any egg / puppy to his condition until you reconnect. The timer of BSA could be "frozen" until you reconnect.

What do you think? Would be possible?

I tried to look if there were any other similar topic, but I found none, and sorry if I have a bad English, but it is not my native language.

This has been suggested and shot down before. The reasoning was that, in theory, someone could go catch his allowed quota of holiday dragons, then pause his scroll until half a year later, then trade away his holiday eggs/hatchies for inordinate amounts of CB metallics or whatnot. (This, obviously, would work especially well with Halloween dragons, as people are not limited to two of them per scroll.)

Worse, if you combined the above "trick" with the forbidden multi-scrolling, you'd be able to get yourself dozens, even hundreds of Halloween dragons for your own scroll.

Hello everyone!

I'm leaving on vacation on Monday for 4 days. But I still have a lot of trading pending right now, which I was not able to conclude and I'd hate to leave .

So I thought it would be a nice addition to the settings the opportunity to put your own scroll pause, for a period.

Scroll paused

Holidays? No internet? Work? Take a break!

I thought it would be very nice to be able to go on:

settings ---> pause the game

The current rules say that if you do 6 months without logging your scroll is deleted (if there are no dragons in it).

This addition would allow you to double this time, as well as blocking any egg / puppy to his condition until you reconnect. The timer of BSA could be "frozen" until you reconnect.

What do you think? Would be possible?

I tried to look if there were any other similar topic, but I found none, and sorry if I have a bad English, but it is not my native language.

This suggestion has been brought up before and the answer was No. It amounts to cheating by trying to get around the established time frame set up for hatching/growing the dragons and that just isn't going to happen. The goal of the game is to take care of your dragons... not put them on ice and forget about them for x-number of days (for whatever reason).

I agree with Wraith and Olympe. This idea has too many flaws, such as encouraging multiscrolling. It could also lead to abuse through holidays as they've stated, and cheating with NDs, for example.

If you are gone for a planned event (vacation, business trip, etc.) you usually have enough notice to schedule hatching or maturing of your eggs and hatchlings for before you leave. If you don't have enough time for this, you can ask a scroll sitter to watch things for you. If you are gone due to an unplanned event (illness, accident, etc.) you would be unable to use such a thing, anyway.

I'd have to say no too. You could stop things from dieing for an indefinite period, and pretty much everything else said here.

While being able to trade CB halloweens several years afterwards is awesome, it just isn't how DC runs.

I totally say no on the idea of pausing. We cannot pause the growth of our children and loved ones out here in the real world, why should we be able to in this world?

Aye, this is not a video game where you are the only one playing. This is a game where there are thousands and thousands of players, all interacting through trading. Because of this all the timelines must match up. If trading was completely unavailable (even the former AP method) then it might be able to be considered, as there would be no way to profit, but you can profit, so it's impossible.

As with all MMO games out there, there is no such thing as pause. This place is very much a MMO in a sense as there are millions of us online catching, trading, and breeding our dragons. The only way a pause would work is if the almighty god TJ hits the PAUSE button to freeze all scrolls for a time while the site is down.

I don't really see the need. As long as you plan ahead (such for a vacation-- don't pick up any eggs before you leave, ensure all eggs are hatchlings, and hatchlings are either adults, or already have the stats to become adults, just need the pass the time) then you don't have anything to worry about.

If it's a situation less able to be planned for, IE work overload, it only takes two times to get on, one to upload all eggs and hatchlings to fansites, and then a second time to upload all the newly hatched eggs into fansites, and as long as you don't use too many fansites, they should get the stats and be fine.

Finally, the situation that's completely unexpected. Family emergency, or some other sort, even if you absolutely fail to get on, there is a chance, if you have aid turned on, that somebody will notice your dying eggs and stick them in a fansite for you. Worst case scenario? You lose all the eggs and hatchlings that you had at the time. Not an irrecoverable situation, as you still have all adults and frozen hatchlings. You wouldn't have lost more than nine dragons, very likely less. Not to mention, you just had a RL emergency of some sort. I highly doubt the loss of nine digital database entries would rank high one your list of importance at the time.

All in all, there doesn't seem to be a need. Either you prepare, or take the chance, but worst comes to worst and you just lose the hatchlings and eggs you had at the time. There ARE people who offer to watch scrolls when their owner is away, it'd be a simple matter of asking one of them if you failed to get rid of all eggs prior to the absence.

Just, when comparing the amount of coding required to do this, compared to the potential benefits, it just doesn't seem worth it. In addition to all the potential negatives if people find a way to abuse the system.

QFT, because out of all the points out there, this one makes the most sense, it's well thought out (and incidentally caused me to change my own viewpoint from 'ok' to 'nah'. Yay for logic!).

And for holidays and so on you can use a scroll sitter. And for a real emergency, MOST times there is a second to phone a trusted friend.... (I've SMSd my regular sitter many times when my connection went down for days mad.gif)

Edited by fuzzbucket

I'd like this. You can't pick any egg, or breed, or do anything until it's unfrozen, so I can't see much risk of abuse. And I think it would be useful, personally.

I'd like this. You can't pick any egg, or breed, or do anything until it's unfrozen, so I can't see much risk of abuse. And I think it would be useful, personally.

I agree with him/her. That should give restrict a lot of actions so that you don't abuse the scroll a lot.

I agree with him/her. That should give restrict a lot of actions so that you don't abuse the scroll a lot.

I agree. It would be hard to abuse, anyway.