WonderBubbles

The Shadow King's Return

((Well, you can hear her, because she just screamed on the top of her lungs "HELP ME!"))

((Well, being the cute little fairy that he is I'll have Lee hear Sapphire. ^^))

As they flew over the trees, Lee's ears picked up what sounded like a scream for help. "Hey, guys, I think I hear someone screaming," Lee said, scanning the ground for where it might have come from.

"A scream?" Luna inquired, carefully listening for any screaming. "Zella, dis you hear it?"

((Sorry for falling off of the face of the Earth, guys. I guess I forgot that I was part of this RP. sad.gif ))

Robin listened, but could not hear over the sound of air rushing past his ear. "I do not hear anything," he said as he strained to hear the scream. "Then again, it may be too far away for me to hear it." Robin looked down to the forest below, hoping to see what caused the scream. "I don't suppose you could point in the direction the scream came from, could you?"

((At least you remembered! biggrin.gif ))

The great dragonelle did hear the scream. She veered off in the direction it came from, uttering a low growl. She landed clumsily in the trees and stalked forward, hoping that the ones on her back would remain silent. She stopped when she saw who had screamed and why. There was a ogre, not as big as her, but still pretty big. It had the woman over it's shoulder; her stomach was swollen strangely. Zella tilted her head and narrowed her eyes. She couldn't breathe her flames onto the beast, sadly. What do I do? She asked Luna telepathically.

((Yay! Robin appeared! Maybe I should send you a message everyday to remind you?))

Hm... Luna thought for a moment, looking to the ogre before getting an idea. Distract the ogre while I get around behind it, Luna said, hopping off of Zella's back, a nice big roar should do the trick. Luna then dashed off through the trees to get around behind the ogre.

Robin saw the ogre and it's hostage and quietly dismounted. He turned to face Luna, but she was gone by the time he opened his mouth. "I guess we'll just have to wait for her signal," he whispered to the rest of the group. He donned his helmet, equipped his shield and rested his hand on the hilt of his longsword, ready to draw it when the time came.

Edited by Hawke444

With a low chuckle, she drew her head up high, to the tops of the trees and curled her lips into a snarl. "Be ready," She muttered, extending out her big, red wings. She let loose a roar of challenge that shook the earth. Birds flew away, screaming in protest and fear. The herd of deer that were close to them fled, some bumping into one another.

Illonea took the bow from her shoulders, dipped one of her arrows in poison and made herself ready to shoot. She wasn't much of a help in a hand to hand fight, but she was a good hunter.

A sudden doubt if it was okay to harm another living being flew through her mind but was blown away when the girl they were coming to rescue screamed again.

She saw Robin preparing himself and then the dragon roared giving the signal to attack.

Illonea let her arrow fly into the ogres shoulder and then frantically started to reload. It would need some time as well as the poison would need some time to work, so she had to hope that her companions wouldn't make sure she ended up as the monsters next victim meanwhile.

Suddenly, there was a very loud roar that echoed across the forest. Both the ogre and Sapphire looked up. “What the Hell was that!?” the ogre mumbled, looking around frantically. He pulled out his large club, just in case something tried to attack. While his head was turned, an arrow struck his shoulder. “What the…” the ogre mumbled, pulling it out of his shoulder. He examined the tip, and realized that it used to be covered in poison. “Poison?” the ogre mumbled, looking around more frantically than he was before. “Show yourselves!” he roared. “Or I will kill the girl!

The ogre grabbed Sapphire’s head, and held her out in front of her. It was a relief to Sapphire, actually. In this position, her baby was not being squished. But her relief soon faded when the ogre roared again. “I’ll bash her brains out!” he said, drawing his club back.

((He can't? ^^))

The crimson dragon chuckled. "You really wish to see me?" She growled, not quietly. She lowered her head and snaked it through the trees, lips lifted from her rows of white fangs in a snarl. She hoped that everyone had dismounted and moved a little way away from her, she was about to leap forward. There was still a little weight, possibly one or two humanoids on her back.

((Who is on her back? Lorpez and Lee?))

((no, no, it's not that Robin can't, he just hasn't fired yet. he does have his bow out and ready to fire if necessary, but he has not fired.

And I'll get Lee off of Zella's back then. And if I remember correctly Lorpez is still on Zella's back. xd.png))

Lee nimbly hopped off of the dragon's back, planning to help Luna if she needed it.

Luna ran past the ogre, hidden by the trees to come around behind him. While he was busy looking around for his unknown attacker, she was able to come up behind him. Silently she dashed towards his back, leaping up when she came closer, her blades drawn and slashed at the neck of the ogre.

((hmm, someone might need to catch the poor pregnant girl. lol))

((@Kira1: I must correct you on that. Robin doesn't use a bow. He uses a Longsword. Perhaps you accidentally blended two posts together?))

Robin drew his sword and advanced towards the ogre. He brought his shield in front of him, ready to block if necessary. My oath still holds strong in my soul, Robin thought as he advanced. It matters not whether I live or die, what matters is my oath to defend those who cannot defend themselves. He may not be a knight anymore, but he still had a sense of chivalry.

Edited by Hawke444

((hm, you are right. he drew a sword. xd.png my bad, i must have skimmed that, saw drew and thought of archery since i have an archery class so it's on my mind a lot xd.png my bad. lol

and eh, I'm going to control the ogre. I hope Carlissa doesn't mind. ^^ And Robin can catch Sapphire!))

Midnight struck the ogre on the neck, making a deep x-shaped mark on the back of it's neck. A fatal wound like that caused the ogre to drop the girl he was holding and began to fall to the ground. "Catch her!" Luna yelled to Robin when she spotted him there.

Lee watched as Luna struck down the ogre in amazement. She was so strong, well, at least to him she seemed so.

((Monkey: We've all just basically met, introduced and flown to a spot, landed, attacked an ogre. xd.png))

The dragon was about to attack, but the elf maiden beat her to it. She sighed, straightened and walked into the small clearing. "I was going to kill him..." She muttered. Then she laughed it off and sat down, gazing at the woman and the ogre with her wide, red eyes. "Greetings, human," Zella said quietly.

((X3 and we'll just say Robin caught her? @_@))

"Haha, you'll have to be faster next time Zella," Luna chuckled, walking around the ogre to where the others were. The captured girl now safely on the ground, thanks to Robin. Lee had run over after the ogre had been defeated looking at the this new girl and noticing how pregnant she was.

"Are you all right?" Luna asked the girl, coming up beside her.

Zakar walked down the road eating a apple as he listened to the whisper of trees around him. As he walked down the road the trees whispered about a ogre that was kill by a small group of people and Zak decided to go check it out. With a stomp of his hooves he trotted in the direction of where the ogre had been killed directed by the trees, he finished off his apple and tossed it to the sides knowing that a bird would finish the core off later.

((WonderBubbles, Sapphire is an elf, not a human. Hense the picture and race on her profile...xd.png))

((And I'm just gonna skip the ogre dying part...Unimportant.))

Sapphire had her arms wrapped around her pregnant belly as she fell to the ground, like trying to prorect it. Even though her head hurt more than her belly, she would not withdraw her arms.

Sapphire lookedup at the small party of people that have just rescued her. "Who are you people?" Sapphire asked, very scared of the group dispite them saving her. "W-were you sent to r-rescue me?"

((Ahh...Having a brain fart here...))

((...*silence* @_@ ah, I am so sorry Laura! I didn't read the posts carefully enough! DX))

"Well, we were sent to save you, but we heard your cry for help so we came to help," Luna answered her. "I'm Luna, by the way," she introduced herself. Luna also wondered if this lady's baby would be alright as she looked worriedly at her. Well, the ogre was dead now and hopefully no more harm would come to her.

((I think it's the princess thing. Lol. You'll really have to make your mind up what kingdom she comes from and if it is a Starelf kingdom or a mixed one where the ruling family just happened to be Starelves.))

Illonea put her child sized bow over her shoulder again and came closer. Somehow the whole fight had taken the unnatural elation from her. She felt more like herself now, but somehow sad too as if she had awakened from a beautiful dream the moment she had decided to let her arrow fly.

The pregnant woman seemed to be no threat and Luna was already taking care of her.

Illonea directed her gaze to the trees around them and tried to figure out if there was another danger lurking there. Where one ogre was there might as well be others.

She didn't see anything, but her elven ears picked up something.

"There is hoof-beat comining in our direction." She said in a low voice. Her companions might notice that the bright, innocent note it had held before was missing now.

Edited by Laura-Lana