WonderBubbles

The Shadow King's Return

Sapphire was confused. There were already new people approching the group, and the group's attention was drawn to the newcomer(s). But Sapphire didn't mind. She hugged her knees (to some extent) and watched the people convers with one another.

"I guess that is true," Luna replied to Zella with a smile. As much as people would say dragon and rider, she would always call Zella her partner. They were equal and worked together. Though since Luna was older, Zella looked to her for advice as a friend since they were also very good friends.

((blargh, i posted XD))

Zak just nodded not at all reasurred by the dragon's promise and he continued to paw the ground with his hoof in a nervious habit. "I understand but I've never met a dragon before and I've just heard a bunch of stories from the humans about your race, Zella. But those humans have always been know to stretch the truth on more then one occasion." He said with a shurg at the comment.

(( Okay, I'm here... and you spelt my name wrong, Laura sleep.gif ))

Lorpez just shifted slightly away from her hand. "It's unnatural for a person to be in the sky." It was like this when he first came onto the surface. Being underground for so long, then switching to having the ground just under his feet threw him into a confused state. Now that he's used to not having earth surrounding him, he wasn't in the mood to master being in the sky either. Having both feet on the ground was good enough for him.

(( Okay, I'm here... and you spelt my name wrong, Laura sleep.gif ))

Lorpez just shifted slightly away from her hand. "It's unnatural for a person to be in the sky." It was like this when he first came onto the surface. Being underground for so long, then switching to having the ground just under his feet threw him into a confused state. Now that he's used to not having earth surrounding him, he wasn't in the mood to master being in the sky either. Having both feet on the ground was good enough for him.

((But my version made so much more sense wink.gif. Is there a meaning to Neutual?

Carlissa, everyone is still at the clearing where you are too. Lorpez and Illonea are only a few steps away in the shadows.))

"Unnatural?" Illonea blinked. "Doesn't everyone dream about flying?" All her life she had envied the birds and the bees for being able to take into the air and wished she would one day master enough magic that she could sprout wings. Flying a dragon was almost as good as that dream.

She looked over at the pregnant elf they had rescued. "What do you think about flying?"

Sapphire looked over at the dark elf that spoke to her. "Huh? Me?" she asked, pointing at her chest. "Flying? Well..." Sapphire looked back at her belly. "Well, I never really thought about it that much. I mean, the only time I had thought about it was when I was in prison, thinking of growing wings and flying the heck out of that place, but I really don't think about it." Sapphire's eyes looked sorrowful, remembering her wreched memories of the rapings and beatings she had suffered not to long ago.

"Sorry if that didn't answer your question..." she said.

"Yes, humans usually do," Luna agreed, "but I can assure you Zella will not harm you. She's friendly otherwise I wouldn't really be here, would I?"

Lee, getting distracted easily, went over to the girl they had just rescued from the ogre. He noticed that she was very pregnant and also a bit sad. Since no one had asked her this yet, Lee thought he should.

"Excuse miss, are you alright? You were just saved from an ogre, so I hope you are not injured," he said to her with a smile.

"Well the one time you thought about it, you liked it. That does answer the question." Illonea decided. She tilted her head and looked at the star-elf maiden curiosly. "Prison? Why were you in prison? Are you a criminal?"

She looked at Lee and grinned as a strange thought occured to her. "Hey, maybe the ogre was the good guy and just trying to defend itself against an evil murderess."

Edited by Laura-Lana

"Oh, I'm alright, it's just..." Sapphire began to say, but stopped and looked at the ground again.

"Wait! No! Of course not!" Sapphire cried, replying to Illonea's suggestion. "That ogre was a hunter! He was trying to bring me back to prison!" Sapphire covered her mouth when she realized that she was yelling. "Oh dear...I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to raise my voice..." she said appoligetcly (Not sure what the proper word is...).

((you could put "she apologized."))

"Haha, it's alright, I'm sure Illonea was just joking around," Lee assured her, "but why was that ogre bringing you back to prison? Who are you?"

Lee was very curious now, and would have asked more questions but he didn't want to ask too many things at once and overwhelm the elf. He waited patiently for her to answer.

"Who am I?" Sapphire repeated. She stood up with some difficulty. "My name is Princess Sapphina. I am a princess of...or FORMER princess of the Kamelon Kingdom. You may call me Sapphire if you wish." she bowed slightly, and put her hands on her swollen belly. "And this little bugger is Prince...something. I haven't thought of a name for him yet." Sapphire giggled, and rubbed her belly slightly. She loved her baby.

((Sorry I haven't posted here in quite a while, just got back from a friend's. ^^'))

The crimson dragon chuckled at the centaur's comment, then murmured, "Bloody humans." She blinked quickly at the female Drow's words, confused by her suggestion that the ogre was innocent. Oh well, if he was, too bad. She'd just eaten most of him. She raised her head a little bit when the pregnant elf yelled, frowning. "Princess? Heh," Zella smiled, "Nice to meet you, Princess Sapphine." She looked down at the elf's swollen belly. "How do you know it's a he?" She tilted her great head to the side, wonder in her red eyes.

Zak looked around the dragon to look at the elf that said she was a Princess. "I never heard of that kingdom, but then again I never really paid attention to those elf kingdoms that could reign for hundred of years." Zak said as he walked over to Sapphire, looking down on her from his height.

"Uhm Princess?" Illonea said, looking doubtfully at the Starelf. "That still doesn't explain the prison part. You know I really was half joking when I said maybe the ogre was the innocent and you are guilty. He's ugly and ogre's are supposed to be mean monsters. But you say you are a princess that's done something so bad she lost her throne and was thrown in prison? And that the ogre only tried to get you back to there so you would stop hurting people?"

Illonea frowned. "You know that drow are considered monsters too by some fools? Okay we are pretty, but one shouldn't judge another person from appearances. I really shouldn't have jumped to conclusions."

((Lol. You still haven't explained the prison part and I think you better do so fast. Illonea is starting to convince herself that you are extremly evil))

Edited by Laura-Lana

"Nice to meet you Princess Sapphire," Lee smiled brightly at her, "I'm Lee! So, why is an ogre trying to take you to prison?" Lee was highly curious now.

"Yes, why?" Luna added in, also curious as she looked to Sapphire. Everyone seemed to have their attention on her now, all being very curious as to why a Princess of a country had escaped from jail.

Sapphire backed up a little. "Well, it's sorta of a long story..." she said, somewhat sadly. "BUt, I guess it would make me feel better if I told you." she sat down again, and hugged her knees. This subject was a little touchy with her, since it included all of her family dying and the horrors of being a captive.

"My father was the king of my kingdom." she began. "He was the longest reining king in the history of our people. He tried his best to please every country, but he was not afraid o go to war if he needed to." Sapphire looked down. "And he did have to go to war. But it was the shortest war in the history of out kindom. And it was the last."

"In a neighboring country, a new leader had rose to the throne. He was an outlander, so he could have taken it by force." Sapphire shrugged. "I don't know. But apparently, he did not like my father OR my kindom, so one of his first actions as king was to wage war on our country. Exept..." Sapphire paused. "He attacked us before he declared war."

"His army was big. VERY big, even bigger than ours! They came by suprise and killed everything in their ath. We tried to fight back, but they were to strong..." Sapphire's eyes became watery. "It was like they were immortal! We were helpless..."

"They raided our castle, and they killed my father and mother. They took not only me, but my sisters and brother captive. They put us in some...srtange mobile cell. My two older sisters were raped on the spot, and the whole way to the prison. Luckly, my virginity was spared until we got to the prison."

"They trew us in dirty cells, all of which were on four different sides of the buildings. I never saw my siblings again."

"So, naturally, the soldiers beat me, tore off my clothing, and raped me. My screams were so loud, that they could have been heard all around the prison."

"Many months passed. Every day was a struggle. I was sick, weak, and pregnant." Sapphire put her hands on her belly. "They did not hold back on their beatings, even if their child WAS growing inside of me. Every day they came to get their beatings in. After they beat me, they raped me. It was a daily ruitene."

"But one day, they did not come. I knew that something was going on, but a dared not peep a sound about it. But a few hours later, a strange knight came up to my cell. He broke the cage door with ease, and he rescued me. I was so happy but yet, so resiliant. I could not leave my brother behind."

The knight said that there was little hope for my brother, and that I had to leave before the guards came. So, I left with him. It was one of the happiest days of my life!"

"The night told me that my sisters had already been rescued. They were pregnant, like I was, but a little farther in because they were raped months earlier than I was. He also said that he would return to the prison to find my brother, which I hoped he did."

"But I fell asleep through half of the journey to where ever we were going. When I woke up, I woke up in a nearby town, I forget it's name but it's near here."

"They knew who I was, luckly. They gave me new clothes and nursed me back to health. It was only a few days ago that I fully recovered!"

"But, last night, while I was helping a little boy with his chores, that ogre came and swiped me up. He ran out of the village, thankfully killing no one. He was a hunter, sent to put me back in prison!"

Sapphire sighed. "And then you guys came and saved me! That's the story of my life!" Sapphire looked up and smiled brightly.

Luna was quite speechless after hearing the story, not too sure what to say about that. She wanted to go beat whoever did that to Sapphire though, since no one should have to go through with that, but of course this matter didn't involve her much so there wasn't much use in getting involved herself unless absolutely necessary.

"You went through all that!" Lee gasped when she finished, so shocked because of his sheltered life. He hardly knew what went on in this outside world, and was just beginning to learn about the major common things. Lee was sitting on the ground in front of Sapphire, his legs crossed while he had been listening intently to her.

Sapphire nodded. “Worse, actually.” She said, brushing some hair out of her face and behind her ear. “I really can’t describe what they did to me in detail, but…I have the scars to prove it. And they are not pretty, believe me. Thanks to being a star elf, I can hide my scars from the naked eye. But if I stop the spell from covering my body…well, let’s just say it explains my story a lot better than I could.”

Zak gew angry as he listened to the story and his hands went to his sword hilts. "Where is this prison, I would like to have a word with the people there." He said with a snort and more stamping of his hooves as he grew even more angry. He looked around the group to see if anyone else was in agreeance with him.

"I would love to as well, but I don't think that would be very wise. We don't know the entire situation of this and barging in their and killing people would probably only make us all wanted criminals. And I happen to like not being wanted," Luna said to Zak, understanding his anger.

Zak looked at Luna. "I'm a centuar, I don't care about what your laws say. I could just travel to a different part of this land. I listen to my head and it tells me to right this injustice no matter the outcome may be." He said with angry but was cooling down as he processed Luna's reasoning and wondered what his parents would have done.

Apart from low growls, during the star elf's story, the crimson dragon was silent. Her claws dug into the soil, top lip curled in a silent snarl. While the centaur and Luna talked, she was attempting to calm herself down, trying to listen to the logic from her partner. She could almost imagine what it would be like to have a male force himself upon her, have several beat her. "I would like to find this torture place for myself," Zella growled. The flecks in the ruby embedded into her forehead seemed to swirl angrily. "I am not bound by this Kingdom's laws, nor any other," she said in a more level tone, "I could burn them all, if you wished it, elf Princess." And if it was okay with you, She said to Luna, turning her gaze upon the elf.

"I would like to have that place burn as much as the rest of you would, but there are consequences when you rush into something without knowing the entire situation. Doesn't matter if the land's laws apply to you or not, you will still suffer consequences unless we plan," Luna replied to everyone, leaving what she said open ended like that. If they did learn of the situation, then maybe they could do something. First they would have to investigate. It might seem like the long way around, but it would be worth it.

"I agree with Luna," Lee said, standing up and seemed to act a bit older than he actually seemed. "If we go in with a plan, the outcome might be even better."