WonderBubbles

The Shadow King's Return

"Very well, milady," Robin said, bowing. "I will gladly aid you in your journey." He looked over to the Dragon, then said "I apologize for my crude behavior towards you. I had been startled, for I believed that my first encounter with a Dragon would also be my last." He turned to face Luna. "I don't suppose you would let me ride with you, would you?" He said with a polite tone. "I would only slow you down if I followed on foot."

"I don't mind, there's plenty of room," Luna smiled at Robin. It was interesting to talk with this ex-knight with all his polite behavior. "It's up to Zella since she's the one doing all the carrying, though, you don't mind, do you Zella?" Luna looked to Zella when she asked the question, figuring the dragon wouldn't mind especially since Robin did apologize to her for the things he said.

((now we should wait until Bubbles posts. and then when she accepts my new character (last post of previous page) I can introduce him! XD))

((Kira, yours is accepted. :3

lightgrasp, there's a bit of powerplay with all the magics, could you only make it one? And more detail, please?))

The crimson dragon nodded in acknowledgment, accepting the mercenary's apoligy silently. She listened to the conversation, her mind beginning to wander away. When her rider asked her a direct question, she quickly looked at her, a grin upon her scaly lips. "It makes no difference," she said happily, "I can carry fifty men!" Her boasts were somewhat truthful, she could only feel it if there were ten humans upon her back, but, with the armor this one had, she may feel it a little more.

((Woo-hoo! oh, and i'm curious Bubbles, what time is it for you now? since, for me it's a bit after 11pm.))

Luna smiled at Zella's boast before looking back to Robin. "Well, just climb on up then and take a seat on the space behind me," she told him motioning behind her.

((and now a little intro for Lee, my little fairy boy ^^))

Lee darted through the trees, running as fast as he could since he didn't know if he had lost pursuers yet. Orcs could be quite nasty when awoken. Little did he know, he had lost them, since even though Orcs were greater fighters than him most likely, because of his small agile size he could run much faster than them. He took a chance to glance over his shoulder, and then quickly over his shoulder and saw no Orcs rushing after him. But he should have been paying more attention to where he was going and he might not have run head on into this broad red thing. He bounced right off of it and landed on the ground with a thud. "Ow," he mumbled, quickly sitting up and rubbing his sore face and backside. He then looked up at the large red thing he had run into and became speechless. In front of him was a large red dragon, of course it might only seem large to him since he was only four feet tall. He stared up the length of the dragon's neck to it's head, his eyes wide with amazement.

Luna turned her attention from Robin when she heard a voice from down below on the other side of Zella. Sitting there staring up at Zella was a young looking boy, presumably a Fairy, judging by the white wings on his back.

Lorpez had made it to the trees on the other side of the clearing. He slid silently in the shadows, but didn't go further into the trees. He was curious, after thinking about the group that were in the clearing. How did that dragon knew him? He frowned slightly, turning to face the clearing and watched from the shadows, trying to figure out how that dragon knew him, especially by his nickname.

Before Illonea could reply the dragon suddenly discovered someone else. Illunea's eyes nearly fell out of their sockets when she discovered it was an elf who looked the same way she did.

Okay it wasn't exactly the same way, but it seemed to be the same type.

She was briefly distracted by the appearance of another person and when she looked back the other elf with midnight skin had vanished.

Not willing to give up so easily she walked in a circle around the clearing hoping to find some trace of him.

He was hidden in the shadows so well that she didn't realize he was there when she was just three feet away from him. A few more steps and she'd stumble right over him.

Hearing the thud, Robin looked in the direction the noise came from. He then looked down at the fairy, who had been sitting on the ground. "It might serve you well to watch where you are going." He said with a hint of laughter in his voice. "You certainly seem far from home. What brings you here?" He said, offering to help the fairy up.

When Lee heard a person speaking to him he pried his eyes off the dragon and to the man who was offering him help up. "I'm just traveling," the fairy answered the man, who to him seemed quite tall. Lee tilted his head back slightly to look up at the man's face. Since this man was friendly and didn't seem to be enraptured by the dragon, Lee took it as a sign that they were all friendly.

"I'm Lee," he introduced himself, smiling brightly up at the stranger.

Lorpez stiffened up when one of the members of the group began circling the clearing. As she got closer, the drow stiffened even more, and even held his breath when she got so close that she could've touched him if she streched out her arm. He stood there for a few more seconds before he gave up. There was no point in hiding if he wanted to figure out answers. Besides, they didn't seem too threatened by his drow presence anyway.

Lorpez let out a sigh, relaxing and shifting on his feet, the movement obviously noticeable, especially from the elf being so close. He eyed her a bit cuirously with his red eyes, although he kept quiet, not saying a word. He had nothing to say.

((Uhm. He's wondering why she isn't afraid of his drow presence? Doesn't he see, she is a drow too?))

Illonea almost jumped out of her skin when he so suddenly appeared from the shadows.

Now she could take a better look at what was hidden under his dark cloak and verify that he must be indeed one of her kind. His skin was ebon just like hers, the eyes were brightly red as opposed to her dark red eyes and the hair silverwhite which was close enough to her alabasterwhite braids.

Finally, finally she might be able to find out something about her heritage and maybe solve the puzzle of her weird magic.

"Hello" She said, trying to hide her elation. "I am Illonea."

Then, trying to be as polite as her upbringing in the little faerie community allowed, Illonea put her hands together in front of her and bowed. "Sweet water and light laughter."

Remembering the reaction of the dragon and her rider, she added. "I mean no harm."

((If one took away the owl and added a tatoo, would that picture fit Lorpez? I couldn't find any pic I could use for Illonea.

user posted image))

Edited by Laura-Lana

((Sorry. :/ ))

The crimson dragonelle looked from the knight to her foreleg. Red eyes widening and head lowering to look at the little fairy-boy, Zella smiled. The boy was extremely small and he had white wings on his back, which interested the dragon. Another creature of the sky? Zella asked her rider, curiousity creeping into her mental tone."Hello, little one," she said quietly to the fairy, "I'm Zella."

((>w< I just love my little fairy Lee! *huggles him*))

I believe so, since fairies can fly with those wings that they have, Luna replied to Zella's question. "I'm Luna," she informed the little fairy.

"I'm Lee!" He replied brightly to dragon and rider, turning slightly to face them. His bright red-auburn eyes gleamed happily at meeting such friendly people. He still stared up at Zella with amazement in his eyes, never seeing a creature as big as her before.

((He's very cuuute. :3 There's only been one fairy in both of the RP's until you brought him in. :3))

The crimson dragon decided to state the obvious. "You're tiny!" She said happily, almost wiggling with curiousity. She shifted her massive body so it was more comfortable, her back legs splayed out to the side, to the left of Lee. Her right legs were curled into her scaled chest, like a cat. She lowered her head, closer to the little fairy's level.

There were few clouds in the sky, the sun shone brightly and warmed the earth with it's rays. There was a light breeze lower to the ground and a rougher gale in the skies. The birds and other animals around the clearing with the great dragon were silent, if they were even there.

There was a visible twitch of annoyance from Lee when Zella called him tiny. "Yes, standing next to a dragon I would be," he replied, not really wanting to get too miffed and people he just met.

Luna just chuckled, legs hanging over one side of the saddle. Lee took in her appearance better, noting how little she wore, and thought she looked quite young.

((She really doesn't wear that much... xd.png))

The crimson dragonelle blinked in confusion when the fairy boy twitched, wondering why. "True," She chuckled, curling her long tail. She could feel Luna had changed her position on the saddle, for the weight had lessened in one part. The mental link between her and the elf maiden let them share basic thoughts, emotions and memories.

((Well...

Meh...

He's not into blue /:

xd.png

But you have to take into consideration, he was hunted by the drow once. He's not too easily to forget that bit of his past. Also he hasn't seen one in a long time, so he's a bit slow at realizing tongue.gif ))

Lorpez blinked at the person who introduced herself as Illonea. He tilted his head slightly, eyes narrowing in thought. She seemed familiar to something... but what was it? Lropez thought for a few minutes before it dawned on him what it was. "You're rather far from home, if they are still from that place they called home when I was there..."

The drow peered at her, almost a bit curious. He had never seen a drow apart from himself up on the surface. And she seemed pretty used to it too, as if she had been on the surface longer than he had. The sun still made him itch something fierce.

"They?" Illonea asked excited. "Do you mean our people? The drow? Where do they live? I've tried to find some, but had no sucess.

I've grown up in a village in Tintilla, you know."

She heard the dragon chuckeling suddenly and turned her head to see what was going on. Another newcomer had arrived. It was a faery like her foster family. She smiled happily and waved in his direction, then concentrated on the other drow again.

"So, where are you guys headed to?" Lee asked them, waving at the other female elf who had waved to him. He thought he had seen her before in Tintilla, but he didn't remember for sure. He spent most of his times with friends and family back in Tintilla.

"To Kapris," Luna answered the fairy.

"Can I come with you?" Lee asked, not knowing where or what this town was like, but he didn't care. He just wanted some people to travel with for awhile.

"It's fine with me. Zella?" Luna replied, looking to the dragon.

Scaly lips cracking into a happy grin, the crimson dragon nodded once. "Of course," she replied happily, "The more the merrier!" She stretched her right foreleg out to the side, so the fairy and the knight could climb up onto her back. The ruby embedded into her forehead sparkled in the sunlight, the flecks shimmered in the bright rays. Zella was happy, for she was gaining more friends.

Lorpez's eyes narrowed suddenly at her words. "Looking for drow isn't exactly a smart idea, even if you're one of them." He sighed, frowning slightly. "Drow are underground, though you have to go deep in order to find any sort of drow life. Drow or not, getting there will most likely kill you." He eyed Illonea thoughtfully.

"Although... you have an advantage. Being raised on the surface has made you tolerable to the sun... something which I'm still not used to..."

He squinted as he looked around at the light near the dragon and the slowly growing group near it. A muscle in his cheek twitched slightly, almost in a slight frown.

Luna smiled at Zella's response and smiled down at lee and Robin. "Well, climb aboard. Lee, sit in between me and Robin," she patted behind her on the saddle.

Lee smiled brightly and quickly dashed up the dragon's side, eager to ride on a dragon's back. He plopped himself behind Luna and waited for Robin to come sit behind him. Though, Lee couldn't help but think about the fact that he would have to hold onto the elf no doubt, and that Luna was wearing very little. Well, he would try not to think about it. Riding Zella would most likely distract him when they got moving. And he also would have Robin behind him to hold onto.

((and i gots to go T^T))

"That won't help me underground, will it?" Illonea rubbed her nose. "I need to find some answers about what I am and what I can become."

She sighed.

"But I'll heed your warning for a while. I had already decided to give up my quest for a while and heed for Karis anyway. I've heard the sunking has been murdered and I've decided I better find out what that will mean for my foster family."

She rolled her eyes.

"They never, ever worry enough. Someone needs to look out for them." Her face was very solem. Obviously the girl found nothing strange about the idea that a young girl believed she was needed to take care of the grown ups who had raised her.

She looked at the man in front of her. "I suppose I can't talk you into telling me something about our people?"

Lorpez just listened quietly before speaking. "Looking at the drow for guidance will most likely lead for the worse, I'd advise...not to go there." He shrugged at the question. "I can talk, but it all depends on the question. There are a few... 'touchy' subjects that I'm not too keen on telling." His eyes wandered over to the dragon and the others around it before switching back to Illonea.

((and now, to tag my sceptre in...))

Zythe sighed and grumbled as he made his way out of the busy town he was in. He was disguised as a commoner, with tan skin, brown tunic and wavy black hair. Of course, it made him itch something fierce, especially his face, which he had spent scratching at for the past half an hour. And it would be another hour for him to wear this disgusting illusion wheh he was out away from any civilization whatsoever.

The sceptre growled quietly as he scratched the patch of skin under his right eye, stomping angerly past a farm and kicking a chicken, even though he didn't even leave footprints to mark his passing. He didn't care, all he wanted was to get the hell away from these humans and change into his natural structure as a sceptre and NOT some filthy human peasant.

((He's not doing much, just being pissy tongue.gif ))

"Hm, If you could teach me the language it would help a lot." Illonea said. "I could see if I can find some books then."

She tilted her head. "Why is it such a problem to go there directly?"

She followed his gaze to the dragon and saw that the others had climbed on top of it.

"What are they going to do?" She wondered. "Flying away and leaving us behind?"