ChocolateGal137

The 8 Worlds

She laughed softly, "Antha and Fury sound alike," she followed his gaze to the volcano, "Oh you mean the that? That's a volcano, I guess you don't have that in the Air World. There are many more of them, but most of them are smaller than this one. It doesn't really have a name, but every calls it The Door," she shrugged. "Guess we really haven't gotten around to naming it." Fury shifted on the rock, causing his scales to scrape againest it. He settled down on his stomach and yawned. Smoke drifted lazily from his mouth, and his eyes were tired slints. The dragon was determined to stay awake. She smiled, "My Fury," she said lovingly. Then asked Mufasa, "Have you been to any other worlds?"

"Vol...can...o?" Said Mufasa slowly as he continued to look at the "Volcano" He was surprised when Megan said that there were many more of these "Volcanos" around the Fire World. He then said "I have not, since i had only recently acquired the Air Key." He then pulled out the Air Key from under his shirt and showed it to Megan. Antha took flight from the tree and chagred towards Mufasa. She grabbed the Key and managed to rip it from the string that held it while giving Mufasa a dose of electricity. "You idiot, your not supposed to tell people you have one of the eight keys!" Screamed Antha, she was now worried that something bad will happen to Mufasa.

Edited by Lore_Master

Megan's eyes widened when she saw the key. It looked strangely like the one her grandfather had given her, except for the coloring, but still reminded her of the one that she had stuffed in her pocket not thinking much of it. She was just about to say so when Antha snatched the key, and screamed at Mufasa. It had startled her, and she stumbled back a few feet. Fury had left his rock and quickly steadied her, roaring angerly at Antha, flames started appearing from his mouth. Megan realized that Fury was going to scorch Antha and possibly Mufasa, if he got in the way, which she suspected he would. "Fury, don't!" but he had already let loose a dangerously large flame straight for Antha. At the last minute she changed the flames course and sent it instead towards the right. It hit a boulder, leaving a large burn mark. Whipping around she glared at Fury, "Go home. Now." she said. Fury glared at her then snarled at Antha. He flapped his wings a couple times then took of in the direction of the city. She turned back to Mufasa and Antha, "I'm so sorry. If I'd known he was going to do that I would have sent him back sooner." Her eyes glistened with tears that refused to fall. "I think its best for both of you to return back to the Air World. I don't want another thing like this to happen again." Megan swiped angerly at her eyes, but make it look as if she was wiping sweat from her forhead, "I'll stay here tell you depart, just inase Fury comes back or if any of my people come."

Antha noticed the jet of flame coming towards her from Fury, but it was too late. But at the last moment Megan managed to save her by moving the flames. She was glad that Megan saved her. But that was overshadowed by the rage and anger towards Fury. She wanted to attack the red dragon with all of her power, but a single Thunderbird was no match for a dragon. But she calmed down when she noticed the tears on Megan's face. "I'm not going back" said Mufasa with firmness in his voice and in his eyes, which was quickly replaced by his beaming, carefree face. "I always end up in danger, and it doesn't change what i do, when i do it." He then grabbed the key from Antha's talons and said to Megan "don't let something bad ruin a good moment."

She sighed looking at the ground, "You really should leave, my world isn't the safest place," Megan gave a small smile, "But I'm not going to force you to. And, again, I'm sorry. Please forgive Fury. His anger gets the better of him sometimes. If he had hurt Antha or you he would have been greatly sorry." Megan reached into her pocket and checked to make sure the Fire key was still there, "What's this about the eight keys?" She glanced at the Air key, then back at Mufasa.

"When i received my key from the elders, they told me to never reveal the key to anybody execpt for other key holders. Since they thought that some people would steal it from me and try to free the Metal Weavers." Said Mufasa as he placed a new string through the key hole. Once he was done, he placed his head through the hole that the string made. The key began to hover on it's own, were it not for the string, it would have simply floated away. "Moon-child, I think we should return to the Air World." Said Antha as she flew towards the door and landed on top of the door. Mufasa turned towards Megan and said "You need to see something with your own eyes before you belive others, you should come and see my world."

"Well, you can trust me not to take the key from you," Megan said, "I've heard enough about them to know that they are of great importance." She felt a twinge of sadness when Antha said that they were going back to the Air world. But when Mufasa offered her to come back with him, Megan's eyes widened, "I would love to, but..." She started nervously twirling a strand of her hair. "I'm not to good with heights or flying," She said in a rush, blushing slightly. "And you said that there was very little land. Wouldn't that mean that we would have to enter your world flying?" Megan wanted to go, but that would probably mean bringing Fury to fly her threw the door. And as much as she loved Fury, she was still to pissed at him to even look at him, and she wasn't sure if Antha could carry them both.

Mufasa smiled and said "We have an ancient and holy belief in my world. The Legend behind it goes like this..." He then jumped up and began to hover in the Air, he closed his eyes and said "when the worlds were created, things were very different then today..." He began to take the winds around the area and placed them between Megan and himself. The winds were now visable, and they began to take the shape of a piece of land with people on it. "For generations, my people lived on floating pieces of land, which were much more numerous and common back then."

He then changed the "Picture" by spliting the land into three pieces and added creatures. "But then, the sky spirits, who are regarded as powerful beings were angry that we were living on the floating pieces of land. So they attacked my people, killing many of us and destroyed almost all of the land." He then changed the picture by removing the land and adding more people, who looked like they were falling. "We tried to flee, but there was no where to run, so we jumped off our land and fell to our deaths. The sky spirits saw this and began to regret what they have done...so they combined all of their power and changed the very world we live in."

He again changed the picture, the people began to move around, as if they were flying. "They turned the spirits of those who had died into the wind, who then saved the rest of the living by giving the people in our world the power of flight." He once again changed the picture by turning it back to the first one, but this time the people were flying above the land. "Since then, whenever somebody passes on, they become part of the wind, allowing my people a chance to live. The sky spirits dissappeared, saying that what they did will never happen again.."

The picture then dissappeared, and Mufasa landed on the ground. "My ancestors would never allow me to fall to my death, they would never allow the people who don't mean harm to fall to their deaths. If you just stay close to me, and you have respect for the dead, then you won't fall...you will only fly, and soar." Said Mufasa as he began to walked towards the door.

Edited by Lore_Master

Megan had watched, mesmerized, by the pictures he'd made. The story had made her more eager to see the Air World. Deciding quickly, she ran beside him, looking over her shoulder. Fury was no where in sight, which saddened her, it was weird not having Fury by her side, like a part of her was missing, but she wouldn't be gone to long, and he would forgive her. Eventually. Taking a deep breath, she looked up at him and smiled, "Okay, I'll go." She shifted uneasily, "But please promise me you won't let me fall."

"Don't worry about that, if i let you drop, Antha would kill me." Said Mufasa with a small chuckle. Once he got to the door, he began to stuggle as he tried to get to the other side of the door. Antha watched in amusement as Mufasa tried and tried again to open the door. Finally, he managed to open the door, and the cool air of the Air World. He then entered the door and took flight soon afterwards, which felt much easier and natural then in the Fire World.

Megan hesitainted at the door. She could feel the cool air, it lifted strands of her hair from her face. Sighing she walked through the door. Megan gasped in surprise at how much cooler the Air world was than the Fire world. So far she was enjoying herself, until she looked down. There was no ground under her feet, just air. Quickly she covered her mouth with both hands to keep from screaming. Closing her eyes she took a deep breath. Okay, okay. Calm down, she thought, Are you falling?, Megan asked herself, No, just try not to look down and every thing will be okay. Slowly opening her eyes, Megan looked around. Okay, so she was in the air, she was floating or flying or whatever, but she wasn't falling. Nothing out of the ordinary here, she thought sarcasticly. But to Mufasa and Antha this is ordinary. Speaking of them, Megan couldn't see Mufasa or Antha, but that was probably because her eyes refused to look anywhere else other than straight a head.

Mufasa noticed that Megan was standing, or rather floating still. He was keeping her up with his powers of air, and he was glad that they were in his world, otherwise this would be very tiring. He flew upwards, so he could be above Megan. Once he was above her, he flip upside down and popped his head in front of Megan's face. "You shouldn't have your gaze fix at one location." Said Mufasa with a smile, but to Megan, it would have appeared to be a frown. Antha was the last to arrive through the door, and she closed the door with bursts of lighting. "We should head back to the village, since you should have been back for your lessons about AN HOUR AGO!!" said Antha. Mufasa flew away from Megan, flipped right-side up. He then thought with a groan "aw, i knew i forgot something!" He shook it out mentally and said "oh well."

Edited by Lore_Master

Megan smiled, and rolled her eyes, "Did I mention I have a fear of heights? And being, what, a thousand feet in the air isn't helping." She looked back they way they came. She missed Fury even more. Well he is being a jerk, she told herself, Besides he wouldn't like it here anyways. She almost looked down, but caught herself and instead focused on a pretty little cloud in the distance. "I'd love to see your village," She moved her gaze from the cloud to Mufasa, "And what lessons do you take?"

Mufasa wanted to say "We are actually three thousand feet in the air." But he didn't want to scare Megan more then she was already. Plus Antha would have shocked him for saying that. He flew over to Megan and offered her his hand, that way, she wouldn't have to worry about falling. "Very well, but you will have to deal with a bit of arguing between me and my teachers when i get back...and my parents...and the elders." He then said with an un-interseted voice "The lessons i don't skip are air combat and anything else that would actually serve some use in the future."

She laughed, "I've had my fair share of arguements in the past. One in particular almost got me a one-way ticket to prison." Megan shrugged, "It was all a misunderstanding though." She took his offered hand gratefully, feeling much more safer. "So what are you going to say? Will they be mad about me, well you know, being from a different world and all?"

"There might be a stir in the hive sort to speak, but even if you don't have a key they will welcome you." Said Mufasa as he took off to his place of birth with Megan and Antha not far behind. He held Megan's hand tightly so she would relax. He couldn't belive how people could be scared of flying, or heights for that matter. After flying for about ten minutes, a few small pieces of floating land came into view. The land had only two buildings, the other building were floating near the land. "Well here we are, Silverwind" said Mufasa with a yawn.

((I'll go into more detail about the buildings in my next post, but now i'm tired.))

((Kk, I can't stay on to long, it's my birthday, and the familys throwing a party.))

"Oh how cool!" Megan said staring at the floating pieces of land and the buildings. "I've never seen anything like this." She smiled when he yawned "Are you tired?" Then another thought occured to her, "Oh, hey, about the eight keys." Megan reached into her pocket and brought out the Fire key. "I think I might have one." She turned the key over so it caught the light. The key wasn't as hot as it would have been in the Fire world, which she was disappointed about. The key had never burned her, just stayed in her pocket, generating a warm glow. One time it had burst in to flames, but it hadn't done that since two years ago, when her grandfather died. The key keeper before her.

((Happy birthday then!))

Mufasa was about to answer Megan's question when she showed him the Fire Key. Mufasa eyes turned to Antha, and they had a "I know what i was doing" look along with a cocked smile. Antha mearly huffed and flew towards the village. "So you got your key when your grandfather died? That should a lot easier then what i had to do to get the Air Key. I got my key by the Elders, they had set up numorus rights of passage to find the best person to safeguard the key. And much to their surprise i was one out of two people that completed all of them." Said Mufasa, they had reached the ground by the time Mufasa had finished his little story. He let go of Megan's hand and walked a couple of feet when he saw two people running towards him.

((Forgive me, it's late here.))

Kay smiled, pulling out the glistening black key. The air beneath the strangely new-looking plank seemed...thicker...more solid...surreal....

The key fit perfectly, and the air shimmered, and Kay found herself blinded in a whole new world.

((Thanks!))

A sad look crossed Megan's face, then she placed the key back in her pocket, "Yeah, the key has been passed down in my family for years." She stepped onto the ground and let out a relieved sigh. Her relief didn't last long though, when she saw the people running towards them, she thought the worst. Damn it, damn it, she said over and over in her mind, then another voice cut through her panicking thoughts, it sounded a lot like Fury, Shut up and stay calm! Finally, she pulled herself together, tried to put on a perfectly calm face.

Once the two people were close enough, one of the people said in voice of relief "Mufasa Sklyer!!" His smile was gone that very moment. The people turned out to be a male and female, in their late thirties early fourties. When they were close to Mufasa, he could see both of their white hair. The male was around 6'0 and the female was around 5'7, the male wore leather armor made of dragon skin and the female wore a grey dress. The female ran towards Mufasa and gave him a big hug. "I'm so glad my baby is safe" said the female, not letting go of Mufasa. He then said with an embaressed voice "geez mom, i was only gone for about half an hour." Antha then said "an hour actually, because you skipped your lessons", she was enjoying this a lot. Mufasa then said "not helping Antha!" He then managed to break free and said "Mother, Father. This is Megan, from the fire world." The duo looked at Megan and said with smiles "Welcome to our home, we'll show you where you can introduce yourself to the elders." They then turned to Mufasa and gave him "The face", which means that he was going to get into an argument later on.

((Sorry for my post, first time in a literate rp, and it's 1:00 in the morning, so i'm tired.))

Edited by Lore_Master

((Dang, what are you doing up that early? I probabley would be passed out on the keyboard by now.))

Megan said happily, "Hello, it's a pleasure to meet you both." Well, that went better than I expected, she thought joyfully. She saw the look his parents gave Mufasa, and couldn't help smiling slightly. She knew all to well what was going to happen, she just hoped that she wouldn't have to here the argueing... and that it wasn't about her, "Uh... so shall we go see the elders now?" She asked in a respectful voice, running her hand through her hair absentmindly.

((Two reason why i'm still up. Soda and candy!! biggrin.gif ))

"Of course" said Mufasa's mother as she led the group to another piece of floating land ten feet above the one they were on. Mufasa's parents used the air to push them onto the next piece of land. Mufasa grabbed Megan's hand and brought them both to the same land. Once they landed, the entrance to the only building on the land was closeby. The building had the design of a tipi, but it was made from dragonskin. Once they were inside, the fient smell of herbs could be smelt.

There were five people sitting down around a small fire wearing clothes that appeared to be from another world. The five people are between the ages of sixty and eighty. "Nice to see you again Skyler, are we here for another discussion with Moon-child?" Said the center elder, who was the oldest of the five and wore the most exotic cloths. "No Elders, we have a guest from the Fire world." Said Mufasa's mother who sat down on the other side of the fire along with Mufasa and his father.

Edited by Lore_Master

((Sorry everyone I haven't been on. In short, my internet was cut off.))

Myf smiled and looked at the egg in the girls arms. "Do you have a dragon too?" She asked quizzically. "Mine's in here." She tapped the small necklace as Atlas squeaked. "Hey, stop tapping, that's so loud!" Myf giggled. "Sorry Atlas." She ran her fingers over the charm as he began to quietly purr. "Now," She said. "Let's find this Earth person..."

((I suppose we're being captured soon?))

Madrigal still wasn't sure what to make of this new person, but she stiffened a little when the girl brought attention to the sling around her chest and the rather large egg inside it. A protective arm wrapped itself around the egg and she floundered for a couple of seconds, trying to figure out what the girl was getting at. When she tapped her necklace, Madrigal's eye popped open in shock and she thought to herself, Dragon... in her necklace? She's off the deep end...

When the necklace spoke, however, Madrigal flinched and took two, full steps back from the girl. Maybe I'm the one who's off the deep end... she amended silently.

With one hand still resting gently on the egg at her chest, Madrigal continued to step backward, shaking her head slightly as though it would remove the last hour from her memory. She froze when she backed up into a large, sturdy body that grunted slightly as she came in contact with it. The person behind her laid a firm hand on her shoulder and Madrigal sagged with the strength of the grip.

Without thinking about it, she placed her free hand on the hand and willed ice to form on the fingers. The man cried out, more out of shock than actual pain, and Madrigal whipped around to rejoin the strange girl she had followed through the Tri-Water.

She hissed something to the armored man in Khalidan, her native tongue, and then said, in English, "Do not touch me."