Lythiaren

New action: Search

For some reason my mind goes to this as an idea for an item:

Enchanted Hourglass - an item that can be used to increase or decrease the time on an egg or hatchling. Of course, the amount of time it takes or adds is random. ohmy.gif

Edited by Hypnotic

Actually...as I supported the last thread like this, it would only be natural to support this one.

A potion for renaming? Whoever came up with that idea first: I love you.

A fertility potion? Win, though weren't purples supposed to get a BSA by the same name possibly?

Potions to give eggs/hatchies an extra day or two would be great for people that have last minute things that would keep them off the 'net for a weekend.

Maybe a potion that reduces the chance of a repulse the next time the affected vamp bites? (note: death risk would remain the same)

I love it. If this was implemented, I'd be having a spazz-out with searching for things.

Anyway...my two cents, well one cent since I only have one thing I really need to say.

An item to be found...I don't know what to call it, but it would be an item to allow the next time you breed your metallics a higher chance of producing one. It wouldn't guarantee a silver or a gold your never breeding, but it would increase the chance of getting one.

I've always loved the search idea.

Has it been discussed what the result of such a thing would look like on the scroll? Assuming TJ went with the one-hoard-per-scroll, would there be a separate page on the scroll for the hoard? I like the idea of my dragons being able to have their own eccentric hoards, but the one-hoard idea seems simpler.

In any case, I've always thought this idea was pure win.

Sorry if this was already brought up but wasn't search originally suggested for the mint dragons?

Original post of this thread: July 21, 2008.

Original post of BSA thread: April 11, 2009.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this thread was posted months before BSAs were even invented. So no, you are incorrect. Search was originally suggested for all adult dragons. I know this because I'm the one who suggested it, and because every time it's brought up as a potential BSA, this thread is brought up.

Edited by Lythiaren

Love this idea! It sure adds a lot to the game. biggrin.gif

I wouldn't exactly say that the dragons should hoard "people" (servants), but all the other ideas are great.

Maybe some of the rarer dragons, like Golds and Silvers, could hoard very valuable things, like diamonds? People could trade these for rare eggs and things like that. Just a thought.

But there are so many possibilities! ^^

a. Mountaintops

Mountaintops are unfriendly environments. Landslides and avalanches make moun-taintops dangerous places, and unpredictable up-currents can prove surprise even ex-perienced flyers. Small and agile dragons may be able to reach places that are other-wise inaccessible places.

Restricted to: Skywing, Whiptail, Thunder, Gray Dragon, Pygmy, Canopy

Just an obs about this one - wouldn't stone dragons also be able to access a mountaintop area? Perhaps more easily than somehting like the canopy dragon could. The stones are, after all, pretty much a part of the mountains.

Well, I know we've had our disagreements, Lyth, but I do think that there could be a bit more to do with our adult dragons.

A search feature with a small/moderate chance of reward (perhaps certain types of dragons provide a better chance to find certain types of items?) could be a step in a great direction.

Hmm, after seeing the link to this thread again (after a very long time), I think bumping it is in order. (Oh, right, that *was* your idea.)

Anyway, in general, search seems like some idea of what to do with our dragons. I also like the suggestion above of making the kind of reward dependent on the breed of dragon. It might be related to the biome they will be assigned to, or to their general abilities. For example, black and magi and maybe goldfish, who are primarily magic users, might have a chance of finding some magic potion. White dragons might find something related to healing (healing potion?) or whatnot.

I support this idea, as well as the Hoarding idea (link to hoarding thread on first post I believe...)

This would be so much fun, and would give more opportunity for personality, etc.

I'm a fan of both the hoarding and ascension ideas, but this one is just altogether awesome. I would enjoy what it would bring to the game.

I see this as a much simplier way of getting items for Hoarding, which I really want, than a few other suggestions I've seen, and a lot more in tune with the site.

I love both this and hoarding. MORE TO DO WITH MY BIG KIDS YAY~

Also, does anyone know if there's still an ascension topic?

I love both this and hoarding. MORE TO DO WITH MY BIG KIDS YAY~

Also, does anyone know if there's still an ascension topic?

linky

I'm a fan of both the hoarding and ascension ideas, but this one is just altogether awesome. I would enjoy what it would bring to the game.

I have read through both of these threads, and I like the ideas also. I'm sad about my dragons just being baby machines. sad.gif I want to let them out of their cages every once in a while.

Great suggestion! I love it! X3 Would definitely make the game more fun and give us more to do than collecting and making that perfect lineage.

Has this idea been abandoned?

I really loved the idea of searching for things.

I think if we were to get the ability to have an inventory this idea would slide right in and be a very good option. I can see a couple different ways it could be done that would add an interesting avenue to the game.

I agree! If we have an inventory, a Search option, a Hoarding option, then we can have the extras that will go into making more potions for an all-year Potions Mini-game, in addition to a possible on/off function to allow you to click for ingredients through the biomes like we did this Halloween week. :3 Add the mana game for producing more mana only and you can use that in addition with the hoard and the potions mini-game and really get something! biggrin.gif

I wonder what the permissions of exchanging some ingredients or potions would be allowed? Or even excess mana that you keep getting of one kind or another when you really need a different kind and someone else has the same problem as you? I know during the potions mini-game this Halloween, I had a lot of trouble finding the ingredients I wanted and was so annoyed with always finding mouseshrooms. Other people needed the mouseshrooms and kept getting things like fireflies that I so desired, so it would've been easier for us to have been able to exchange that. :3

All in all, the over-all picture here looks marvelous to me! A potential addition to the game that you can play if you want, or not, and gives you an opportunity to do more than just breed dragon eggs or collect more eggs. biggrin.gif But if you don't wanna do that and just wanna focus on collecting the more power to you, you don't have to do that side of the minigames at all! ;3 Easy peasy! Everybody wins. :3

I really do love this idea along with the Hoarding one.

It would be amusing to just send my Dragon out and see what they find, not even to keep it.