Hiei101

Final Fantasy

You mean because they are all hot, short haired, blond guys? *shot*

Sometimes I would rather Rufus be dead, sometimes not. Can't decide.. but I am glad they rendered him in HQ. :3

You mean because they are all hot, short haired, blond guys? *shot*

Sometimes I would rather Rufus be dead, sometimes not. Can't decide.. but I am glad they rendered him in HQ. :3

Don't forget the white coats...

Plus, Seifer (in KH2) has a hat like Snow's.

Don't forget the white coats...

Plus, Seifer (in KH2) has a hat like Snow's.

Very true. :3

I think SE is trying to do something here. Or Nomura is just getting lazy. xd.png

Ooh, Vivi!  Try to get as many items as you can right now in Alexandria, there are quite a few.  Lots of cards, money, and gil.

I...I skipped the rest of Alexandria. I was too excited for plot progression. D:

And then The Hindenburg my ship exploded.

Weapon's blowing up of Rufus was awesome. Especially since Rufus is awesome. So Rufus dying a brave death was super awesome.

I be agreein' with you thar!

I never really knew Hojo was Seph's dad till I read it online.

I researched the entire plotline months before I ever played the game. Mah friends kept quizzing me on it. ; _ ;

There aren't horses in 7 though. And chocobos don't seem to be used in battle.

Chocobos would be too fragile to use in battle methinks. They look too lightweight.

I call epic battles on piggyback!

I'm glad they rendered him -- I'm glad they rendered the whole cast, really -- but tbh I'd be happier if ACC/AC wasn't part of the canon. =/

I...I skipped the rest of Alexandria. I was too excited for plot progression. D:

And then The Hindenburg my ship exploded.

It doesn't really matter that much unless you are going for good completion - I missed almost (if not) all of it on my first/second playthroughs/starts.

Whoot, Rufus fan club. :3

I researched the entire plotline months before I ever played the game. Mah friends kept quizzing me on it. ; _ ;

I knew a decent amount but still managed to be confused. Maybe I just fail?

Chocobos would be too fragile to use in battle methinks. They look too lightweight.

I call epic battles on piggyback!

They do use them in 12 though, for

I'm glad they rendered him -- I'm glad they rendered the whole cast, really -- but tbh I'd be happier if ACC/AC wasn't part of the canon. =/

Sort of agree here (especially after DoC (even though I haven't played it) confirmed that they did survive). I honestly like it both ways though. Like the 'two' endings of Sword of the Stranger.

Sephiroth's family tree is confusing full stop. It would be nice if it was explained properly in the game rather than people having to check things out on the internet.

Sephiroth's family tree is confusing full stop. It would be nice if it was explained properly in the game rather than people having to check things out on the internet.

I think it's fun to speculate about it. For a while I had a theory that since A). his father was Hojo and his mother was Lucrecia, with secondary "parenting" going to JENOVA, and B). He bears no physical resemblance to Hojo at all, so C). JENOVA had preformed a hostile takeover in the womb and completely replaced Hojo's DNA with her own. (Thus making Sephiroth's parentage...a lesbian orgy?)

Completely impossible in the world of genetics, but you have to take into account that this is the same planet where marbles can summon giant worldending spacerocks. (Also, if someone actually implanted alien DNA into a kid, the kid's gonna miscarriage before you can finish signing the papers.)

Edited by Drer'Ahv

Hojo and Lucrecia are Sephiroth's parents (I still have no idea what she saw in him), but the introduction of Jenova's DNA into Lucrecia's womb warped his appearance and stuff.

Seriously, what kind of sick bast*rd experiments on his own child?

The kind that does things FOR SCIENCE!

I can almost see Hojo's point though. If you want to create someone better than human, then you should use the resources you have. His resources were Lucrecia, and Sephiroth.

But for f*ck's sake I can't see Seph having any semblance of a childhood after all of that. =/ (Not that he would have much of one anyways with Hojo as his father.)

Edited by Drer'Ahv

When did Lucrecia end up in that cave? Just after the birth? Was she even allowed to hold her son or was he just shipped off straight into the arms of the military?

No wonder Sephiroth is such a (Jenova's) mama's boy. He just wants some parental love.

I hate that part of the game (the cave) because they never explain just WHEN she ended up there.

But yeah, iirc, she gave birth, and then Dirge of Cerberus; "Give me my son back! Let me hold him just once!" and then I imagine she went to the cave to try and commit suicide, which she couldn't because the JENOVA cells refused to let her die.

I wonder what would have happened if Sephiroth had found Lucrecia instead of Jenova...

I wonder what would have happened if Sephiroth had found Lucrecia instead of Jenova...

That would have been interesting.

Hopefully he wouldn't pull the whole, "let's rip your face of nao!" thing on Lucrecia though.

I thought he beheaded Jenova because he didn't have the time to take the rest of her? Could Lucrecia have been freed?

It has been a while since I played. I can't remember if she was trapped or just refused to leave the cave.

Edit: Has anyone been reading 8-Bit Theatre?

Edited by Fortune86

I just started reading it. D:

And by just started reading, I mean I just started 35 minutes ago.

Seriously, what kind of sick bast*rd experiments on his own child?

Dr. Leingod, his wife and two family friends in SO3 made their 3 children essentially the only hope of reality.

/shutting up now

Never heard of 8-Bit Theatre?

Some posts a few pages back reminded me how fun it is to think about the first time I played FFVII and stepped out of the Shinra Mansion to see Nibelheim on fire... man, talk about an OH SH*T moment. In fact if I were to list my biggest oh sh*t moments in gaming history that would be near the top. That music, and then SUDDENLY FIRE EVERYWHERE. Amazing. There aren't enough moments like that in RPG's anymore.

Trying to think if I felt that way about any other scenes in FF games... nothing comes to mind at the moment. I'm sure there's something though.

Go read 8-Bit Theatre, its very good happy.gif

@ Aether: I think it has ended this time, but Brian has promised us an epilogue.

I haven't really had any of those moments... I don't really remember before I knew every part of FF9, but sometimes it still gives me that kind of feeling. I had more of those sort of moments in Crisis Core then FF7.

10 and 12 haven't really surprised me in that way quite yet, but I do sometimes get super excited over the cutscenes.

I've already picked my team happy.gif ; Fighter, Black mage, Thief and White Mage.

I was tempted to follow the 8-Bit example, but I always like to have a dedicated medic.