Hiei101

Final Fantasy

Aww, not going to do the post-game bosses/dungeons, or play again with other characters or on a higher difficulty? Congrats on beating it though.

I might pick it up again, but I have other games I want to beat too, and less time every day to do it. X.x

If anything, I want to go back and fix the chara's emotion levels so I get my damn Albel ending. >| Somehow I got Adray this playthru, and while he's kinda cool, he's pushing the marriage thing and I'm like "NO F'N WAY"

It's lulzy that his daughter beats him up for suggesting it though. :3

Even though I've played the game countless times I've never gotten anything other than the Fayt alone ending. I guess I skip too many PA's. Or treat my characters really horribly... hm. I'd like to get the Albel ending someday too though.

If you do play it again, please post about it, because as you can see I love having someone to ramble to about SO3.

...and also final fantasy is cool /on topic .-.

Hey you should start a star ocean topic so you can ramble all you want about it.^^

DULY NOTED.

So.

How 'bout that Selphie girl?

Are her and Irvine canon? GOD HE'S AN ANNOYING WOMANIZER AND MAKES ME WANT TO STEAL HIS GUN AND SHOOT HIM IN THE FACE.

DULY NOTED.

So.

How 'bout that Selphie girl?

Are her and Irvine canon? GOD HE'S AN ANNOYING WOMANIZER AND MAKES ME WANT TO STEAL HIS GUN AND SHOOT HIM IN THE FACE.

Yes, Selphie & Irvine are considered canon.

To those who have played FF8, in the when you first meet Irvine back on Disc 1 and he makes a party consisting oh him, Rinoa & Selphie, how many of you instantly rearranged the party when you were given the option?

I've played the game twice, first time round I swapped Irvine for Squall and the second time around I just left it.

There's something I read (maybe it was for an item or something idr) where you were definitely not supposed to let Irvine choose the party. xd.png

Frankly I don't like who he picked and switched to my main team immediately. rolleyes.gif

I always miss the superlegendaryawesome weapons. Or at least almost always.. Like in 12, with the chests, beating 9 in <12 hours, 10s ultimate weapons, etc. They usually just don't seem worth it to me...

/was not entirely off the current topic

I usually only bother with certain ones from X. Never Wakka's, as I hate blitzball with a passion described elsewhere, haven't gotten Lu's yet because ASFDGHTNY THUNDER PLAINS. 200. GAAAAAAAAAAAH I don't usually use her. Auron's I usually get because it and he is awesome, Yuna's I always get without fail. Tidus' I've never gotten (damn chocobo race), I think I normally get Rikku's. Kihmari even though in my games he's useless |D

I don't remember any from 8, but don't you need a shitton of rare items and money to get them?

I usually only bother with certain ones from X. Never Wakka's, as I hate blitzball with a passion described elsewhere, haven't gotten Lu's yet because ASFDGHTNY THUNDER PLAINS. 200. GAAAAAAAAAAAH I don't usually use her. Auron's I usually get because it and he is awesome, Yuna's I always get without fail. Tidus' I've never gotten (damn chocobo race), I think I normally get Rikku's. Kihmari even though in my games he's useless |D

I don't remember any from 8, but don't you need a shitton of rare items and money to get them?

The ones in Eight aren't that hard to get wink.gif I don't know why so many people struggle with them.

But yeah, everything you said about FFX games times a bazillion.

One more for the FFVII fans here hehehe, I mean come on you just can't help but love it for all that is is, although the character models were kinda stupid, all those lumps and stuff, the story is SOOOOOoooo good. And it's got one of the coolest video game villans ever. :3

Not long ago I busted out my old PS1 and played through the story, then went to kick some emerald/ruby weapon arse. They're pretty tough so I had to look for some guides but I managed tp pull it off with my own strategies wich left me with a wonderful feeling of accomplisment and the whole experience was very nostalgic. biggrin.gif

Also, Nobuo Uematsu's music is magic, magic I tell you. Especially in VII and X smile.gif

X follows right after, can't say much about that one though, aaaages since last time I played, but I can say that the leveling and battlesystem was some of the things I liked very much about it.

I don't think Sephy is that cool.. Especially not in the first game. In Crisis Core.. yeah he is a bit cool. not as cool as Genesis though..

What do you think is cool about him?

I don't think Sephy is that cool.. Especially not in the first game. In Crisis Core.. yeah he is a bit cool. not as cool as Genesis though..

What do you think is cool about him?

I dunno, his sword I guess? You could say I have a thing for long and hard things HAHAHAHAHA...*ehem* And his long silver hair is sooo dreamy. wub.gif

I dunno, his sword I guess? You could say I have a thing for long and hard things HAHAHAHAHA...*ehem* And his long silver hair is sooo dreamy. wub.gif

You wanna debate on Sephy? Cause if you don't, I won't, but if you do, I will. :3 Because getting forced into a debate is no fun, and video game debates should be fun.

I like Kuja's hair better personally.. nothing against Seph's but Kuja's seems more... awesome, I dunno. Although favorite hair is a little bit weird.. xd.png

Of course, Magus is pretty much the first white haired villain, so he gets points. And he gets more points for being awesome-beyond-all-awesome. *note - facts might not be completely straight*

Really, I'd like to hack his hair off for the sole reason that it would be a b!tch to comb, and I simply don't want to deal with that.

HIS ABS, ON THE OTHER HAND~

justkiddingpleasedon'thitmeIbruiseeasy

I definitely appreciate eying a good set of abs, which seem to be in no short supply in video games ;D

Mhm. ;D The best part is most of the time they're on free-range display. EYECANDY FTW.

You wanna debate on Sephy? 

I WANT A DEBATE ON SEPHY, SIR. *salutes*

Edited by Drer'Ahv

Mhm. ;D The best part is most of the time they're on free-range display. EYECANDY FTW.

I WANT A DEBATE ON SEPHY, SIR. *salutes*

SHALL WE BEGIN, THEN?

I'm on the Sephy-is-OK-but-not-nearly-as-epic-as-everyone-makes-him-out-to-be side.

Reasons:

1. No personality whatsoever in the first game.

2. Very few appearances, and even when he does 'appear' he isn't really there.

3. His sword is, really, impossibly big. So is Cloud's.

4. He would have trouble fighting well, because he would have to worry about stepping on his hair.

SHALL WE BEGIN, THEN?

I'm on the Sephy-is-OK-but-not-nearly-as-epic-as-everyone-makes-him-out-to-be side.

Reasons:

1.  No personality whatsoever in the first game.

2.  Very few appearances, and even when he does 'appear' he isn't really there.

3.  His sword is, really, impossibly big.  So is Cloud's.

4.  He would have trouble fighting well, because he would have to worry about stepping on his hair.

WE SHALL BEGIN MEIN VEARLESS LEADEHR. ;D

I'm on the "Sephy's-Dialogue-in-AC-Sounded-Like-Sh!t-But-I-Still-Love-Him-For-Unknown-Reasons" side!

Counter (Slightly Intuitive) Reasons:

1. The more detached he is, the harder he is to connect with. Thus scarring many little children as their mothers try to tell them "No, don't worry, there is no muttering sociopath hiding under your bed."

Muttering sociopaths are frightening, man. *ahemhumoraside*

2. I could argue it makes him more effective as a character, imo. The less you see, the less you know of their capabilities, thus you're anticipating something you have no idea about, thus "holy sh!t who is this guy anyways and does he worship Satan at night".

3. I'm going with the around 6' measurement from...Advent Children, iirc. Which, actually, is not that impossible. (The Masamune is actually a Jedokgeom; scroll down a little and you'll see it.)

NOW, CLOUD ON THE OTHER HAND....no. Just no. It hurts to contemplate.

4. If we're going the anatomy route, may I just have a little say on the impossibility of his wing and the fact that his hair never seems to get cut, tangled, or bloodied in the middle of battle? His hair is obviously imbued with pixie dust and wings of ladybugs every morning to achieve this effect.

Edited by Drer'Ahv

...Can I just jump in to say the above entire post made me giggle, and then redouble said giggling as I imagine someone saying it seriously? :'D

:< I be toppin'~ So the last post on the prev. page then.

Edited by NixAyum

Counter (Slightly Intuitive) Reasons:

2. I could argue it makes him more effective as a character, imo. The less you see, the less you know of their capabilities, thus you're anticipating something you have no idea about, thus "holy sh!t who is this guy anyways and does he worship Satan at night".

3. I'm going with the around 6' measurement from...Advent Children, iirc. Which, actually, is not that impossible. (The Masamune is actually a Jedokgeom; scroll down a little and you'll see it.)

4. If we're going the anatomy route, may I just have a little say on the impossibility of his wing and the fact that his hair never seems to get cut, tangled, or bloodied in the middle of battle? His hair is obviously imbued with pixie dust and wings of ladybugs every morning to achieve this effect.

1. The more detached he is, the harder he is to connect with. Thus scarring many little children as their mothers try to tell them "No, don't worry, there is no muttering sociopath hiding under your bed."

I feel like Kuja does a better job of this though. He shows up, dishes pwnage on the party. He is mentioned before hand though, although you don't know who he is.

I just didn't get Sephy at all. I didn't even KNOW he was a sociopath till way after he 'showed' up the first time.

Same thing - your point is valid, but they overdid it with Sephiroth. I think as far as emotional impact, fighting the WEAPONs was more.. strong. If I don't even know who he is, why should I want to fight him?

Assuming Seph is exactly 6 feet tall (including his bangs and boots) the sword blade is just over 6 feet, so I guess that is sort of reasonable. Though I still think that 6 feet is a bit ridiculous, even if people did it.

Butcher's knife x 10.

His wing is far out it denies any attempt at explaining.

AHAH. Since when are pixies in FF7? Never.

Oh I KNOW. Lifestream = hair saloon of infinity. Cloud and Seph both feel into the lifestream.

Look at their hair.

LOL You guys. D:

I personally like Sephiroth because...well, he's a bishounen. And I tend to like the aloof, quiet, antisocial, stoic, etc. characters like him. *SHALLOW* *SHOT*

LOL You guys.  D:

I personally like Sephiroth because...well, he's a bishounen.  And I tend to like the aloof, quiet, antisocial, stoic, etc. characters like him.  *SHALLOW* *SHOT*

Don't worry, shallowness runs in my family. For instance, my mother refuses to watch Season 5 of Doctor Who because Matt Smith is not as hot as David Tennant. ;D

Will edit laterz with Seph-defense/offense/attack/accept/deny.

I feel like Kuja does a better job of this though.  He shows up, dishes pwnage on the party.  He is mentioned before hand though, although you don't know who he is.

I'M TRYING TO LEARN DIMMIT. I just got mugged on FF9 and then my mummy walked in and yelled at me for being up past bedtime. D: (To clarify, I just started playing as the...black-mage-lookin-character and agreed to be some kid's "slave" to get into the play.)

I just didn't get Sephy at all.  I didn't even KNOW he was a sociopath till way after he 'showed' up the first time.

My impression of him was "Jesus he's worse than the locals" and then it was "oh lol so THAT'S wh--wait that's a horrible excuse THAT TOWN HAD A PUPPY IN IT YOU ASSH*LE."

Nebelhiem actually did have a little dog in it before he burnt it. That was reason enough for me to kill him.

But tbh here, I liked the way they set it up because it left more questions.

Same thing - your point is valid, but they overdid it with Sephiroth.  I think as far as emotional impact, fighting the WEAPONs was more.. strong.  If I don't even know who he is, why should I want to fight him?

I thought they did a sufficient amount of asplainin' on Sephiroth's part -- Nebelhiem fall from grace (which imo wasn't...very realistic without Genesis), Cloud's backstory, Hojo talking about his EpicCetraPhail son...

Though the WEAPON going FULL SPEED AHEAD at Shin-Ra HQ was pants-sh!ttingly scary, I must admit. D:

"NO PLEASE MOMMY MY PARTY IS NOT STRONG ENOUGH TO FIGHT WEAPON NO MOMMY PLEASE NO" was my train of thought atm.

Assuming Seph is exactly 6 feet tall (including his bangs and boots) the sword blade is just over 6 feet, so I guess that is sort of reasonable.  Though I still think that 6 feet is a bit ridiculous, even if people did it.

iirc most Greatswords are about 5 - 6 feet. They were designed for knocking men off of horses. :3

AHAH.  Since when are pixies in FF7?  Never.

Just because she don't got the wings, doesn't mean she don't got the powder.

Oh I KNOW.  Lifestream = hair saloon of infinity.  Cloud and Seph both feel into the lifestream.

Look at their hair.

Obviously lifestream=the best hairgel. Ever.

Aaand I'm going to wait to post again because it's late and I keep remembering this one LOLZERSGOODREASON and then forgetting how to word it in English, which is amazingly sad considering that it is my only language. brb for around 12 hours, sleep.

Edited by Drer'Ahv

I'M TRYING TO LEARN DIMMIT. I just got mugged on FF9 and then my mummy walked in and yelled at me for being up past bedtime. D: (To clarify, I just started playing as the...black-mage-lookin-character and agreed to be some kid's "slave" to get into the play.)

Ooh, Vivi! Try to get as many items as you can right now in Alexandria, there are quite a few. Lots of cards, money, and gil.

My impression of him was "Jesus he's worse than the locals" and then it was "oh lol so THAT'S wh--wait that's a horrible excuse THAT TOWN HAD A PUPPY IN IT YOU ASSH*LE."

Nebelhiem actually did have a little dog in it before he burnt it. That was reason enough for me to kill him.

But tbh here, I liked the way they set it up because it left more questions.

I totally didn't notice any dogs. I was mad cause of the kids/other people.

I still think it just left too many questions.. it wasn't obvious enough to me what was going on. Not that they should spell it out word for word, but I should have at least enough knowledge to be able to guess. Like in KH: There is stuff even now that isn't explained, but you still know what is going on most of the time.

I thought they did a sufficient amount of asplainin' on Sephiroth's part -- Nebelhiem fall from grace (which imo wasn't...very realistic without Genesis), Cloud's backstory, Hojo talking about his EpicCetraPhail  son...

Though the WEAPON going FULL SPEED AHEAD at Shin-Ra HQ was pants-sh!ttingly scary, I must admit. D:

"NO PLEASE MOMMY MY PARTY IS NOT STRONG ENOUGH TO FIGHT WEAPON NO MOMMY PLEASE NO" was my train of thought atm.

Genesis makes everything better.

I never really knew Hojo was Seph's dad till I read it online.

Weapon's blowing up of Rufus was awesome. Especially since Rufus is awesome. So Rufus dying a brave death was super awesome. Except he didn't really die, he just did till AC came out.

iirc most Greatswords are about 5 - 6 feet. They were designed for knocking men off of horses. :3

There aren't horses in 7 though. And chocobos don't seem to be used in battle.

But Cloud&Co kill her, and she never was very important. Also, no evidence that she has pixie dust.

Obviously lifestream=the best hairgel. Ever.

WE AGREE.