Hiei101

Final Fantasy

Maps are amazing but tedious if you have too fill them out.

FF5 annoyed me to no end for a while, because I missed the World Map, and even after I got it it wasn't really that great...

Chrono Trigger's map was fun even though you had to fill it out.

...SHADOOOOW, Star Ocean is Squeenix. :3

There are 3 so far, but they're not really connected.

I wonder what the DragonQuest series is. The design reminds me heavily of a cartoonish DragonBall style.

Psst, Star Ocean is developed by Tri-Ace. Squeenix merely publishes. wink.gif

I've played some Dragon Quest games. To North Americans they're pretty bland, but in Japan they're all the hype. <.> And I haaaate Toriyama D:

Maps are amazing but tedious if you have too fill them out.

I'd rather have a fill-in-yourself map than no map at all.

I'm playing Jewel Summoner on the PSP. Although nearly every dungeon has it's own design, every corridor looks the same. You can't tell what floor you are on, let alone where you are.

A little mini map would have made this game so much easier.

Besides fill-ins do have some use, you know you have already cleared out that area and taken all the loot. laugh.gif

True very true*nodding head* I am just a little bit tired of games like this that have SOOOOOO much little things to do. The new FF13 is pretty good though I am stuck on fangs edolin.

My favorite games have good and not to difficult plot lines, and lots of little easter eggs/sidequests/minigames that you don't have to do.

I finally figured out the two things that annoyed me so much about blitzball:

(1) All the stats/things are abbreviated and I keep forgetting which is which

(2) The first stinking game to play is storyline required. >.<

I like tetra master better because you didn't really NEED to know the different things and you could get used to playing before you had to do the tournament.

My favorite games have good and not to difficult plot lines, and lots of little easter eggs/sidequests/minigames that you don't have to do.

I finally figured out the two things that annoyed me so much about blitzball:

(1) All the stats/things are abbreviated and I keep forgetting which is which

(2) The first stinking game to play is storyline required. >.<

I like tetra master better because you didn't really NEED to know the different things and you could get used to playing before you had to do the tournament.

.../hates Blitzball because the storyline game is ****ING RIGGED D< super hard and the game is unrealistic anyway

Tetra Master = Sphere Break? The game in Luca you beat Shinran at for Lady Luck?

Ah.

/PS2 still won't play 9 D<

I haven´t played since December so i´m playing this week. I have Holiday! HOLIDAY! HOLIDAY!......

Ah.

/PS2 still won't play 9 D<

See, we really should be able to use each other's game systems online. >.< I have a PS1 so you could use it for 9 and I could use your PS3 for 13.

But.. that would make them lose money so they will never do it.

OwO

/does not has a PS3 or FF13, that be Fortune

/user wishes

OwO

/does not has a PS3 or FF13, that be Fortune

/user wishes

Whoops.. *dumb*

Ohh well, we could both use Fortune's. :3 And you could do something awesome on mine. Like.. beat all the hunts on 12. : D

I...have nada special. |D No 7, no 13, no 9. I have 8 (on the last fight on one file), X (beaten a bajillion times, but so has everyone else), and X-2 (LULZY and awesome music <3).

I has not beaten X a bajillion times. I usually only play through games once or twice. 9.. I have only beaten it once, but I have seen it beaten at least 3 times and have played through parts of it a lot of times. GoldenSun I have beaten a few times.

Psh, 9 is the best.

Edited by Shaddowwarrior

I don't see evidence either I just thought we were having fun. You know some guy says no the other says yes and it goes around for a bit.

Koro, I still can't cancel bonus to save my life. |D And I'm really not sure how the battle trophies work either, I'm on Universe(? the difficulty above Earth) and nothing different or new has shown up in battles.

But ty, didn't know mastery affected strength of symbols. I thought it was just by level/ATK.

I know this sounds really stupid, but how do I make Fayt get the other support symbols like Protection? All he has now is Healing/Antidote/Silence/Deep Freeze/Stone Rain/Lightning Bolt. >|

Galaxy is the difficulty above Earth. Did you turn on battle trophy collection at the beginning of the game, in the battle simulator? If not then you can't collect them in that playthrough at all, you'll have to wait till next time.

I couldn't cancel bonus in my first few playthroughs. It's honestly harder to explain than it is to actually do, once you do it a few times it's a cinch. I tried typing out an explanation but it was huuuge, so I'll just copypaste from the GameFAQ's boards:

"You need to have battle skills assigned to Short X and Short O. To begin the Cancel Bonuses, uses an X attack, from either Short or Long. It can be a battle skill, or a regular attack. Now, as soon as you see the character moving in to attack, hold O. Once the first attack connects, you will see the Short O technique come into effect. Cancel 175% will appear on screen. As soon as you see the "O" attack coming in to effect, hold "X" again. Cancel 200% will appear. Hold "O" again, and keep switching back and forth between O and X attacks. Eventually (if you have enough Fury), your Cancels will reach 300%. You will be doing massive damage. You can keep doing 300%, so long as you still have fury."

As for Fayt learning extra symbology, he won't, not on his own. Unless you teach him Common Attack Symbols he won't learn any more spells (I see you've already taught him Common Support Symbols.) Only Maria, Sophia, and Adray will ever learn the Protection spell. It isn't a stupid question either, there's just lots to learn about this game.

I don't want to think about how much money I've spent on item creation and getting the inventors. But Orichalcum = so. worth. it. <3

Oh, tell me about it. Millions of Fol lost to creating/refining Boots of Prowess, synthing weapons, making stunbombs... ugh. Someday I'd like to do a no-IC game, just to save the hassle.

MAP COMPLETION. DAMN IT TO HELL.

You never have to wander blindly in any FF games, no, they have the area/paths mapped out for you, but you have to run against the wall fifty thousand times to draw the maps in SO3 to get some little statue that doesn't do much.

Map completion is an absolute lifesaver on the higher difficulties though. If you sell the scale bunnies you get from completing maps you can buy some amazing weapons really early on.

Hm, maybe I should remake the Star Ocean thread?

FF related now, I really should pick my most recent FFIX playthrough back up. I stopped around Dali I think. It's hard for me to get through the beginning of that game now because I've played it so many times. Maybe if I use Chocobo Hot and Cold as a motivator... oh god...

Whoops.. *dumb*

Ohh well, we could both use Fortune's. :3 And you could do something awesome on mine. Like.. beat all the hunts on 12. : D

Already beat all da hunts =D

Koro, maybe that'd be a good idea. xd.png Though, I did beat it yesterday so I'll probably bring it up a lot less.