Hiei101

Final Fantasy

I am sorry but if you can't beat tri-point there is no possible way you are going to beat the game. I never actually beat the game myself. I got so sick of it I just watched the ending online. Which I hate doing but that b**** was IMPOSSIBLE!

No one in my family has beaten FF8. I thought I would be the first one, but I've been at it for two years and still zip. Well back to work! Gonna try it again and again and again and again.

Edited by Dule

Beating Tri-Point is easy if you know how smile.gif

First of all, junction thunder to Elememental Defense, so that Mega Spark will either be absorbed or nullified.

Scan Tri-Point and hit him with either ice or fire (whichever he is currently weak against). His weakness changes after every attack, so hit him with fire and ice alternatively. If you lose track of what you are doing then use scan again.

If Tri-Point uses scan on a character, prepare to heal them, as he will use Onrush against them.

Hope this helps.

/doesn't even remember wtf Tri-Point is

8D

I got to Ultimecia B!!!!!!TCH!!!! and always died on like, the GF or the third form. DX

I always died on her last form. DAMN HER AND THAT NAZI ATTACK THAT BRINGS YOUR HEALTH DOWN TO ONE NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!

What the hell IS her GF called anyway? I can't remember, but it's the same lion-thing that's on Squall's necklace, innit?

I think I made it to the final form once.

I remember her (and random assignment of the party, damn her!), the GF, some giant slug-type-something-Idon'teven, and then idk.

All of this info is REALLY useful to me. Thank you everyone! Though finally I know what that GF like creature was that I found. I shall share the video with you since you've been such a help to me. If it isn't part of the final boss fight let me know, but it certainly isn't anything I've fought so far. Here:

Edited by Dule

Maybe don't really remember. Along with the balding I sustained a concussion.(yes I beat my head against the wall and door and tire iron)

Ultimecia's GF has the same name you give Squall's ring, although the default is Griever.

I always use the default names in games, especially after I fell for the 'Bater' trick in FF9.

Ultimecia's GF has the same name you give Squall's ring, although the default is Griever.

I always use the default names in games, especially after I fell for the 'Bater' trick in FF9.

'Bater' trick? That sounds kind of familiar but I don't quite remember it.

The first time I started FF7 I renamed Cloud because I thought the name was stupid.

'Bater' trick? That sounds kind of familiar but I don't quite remember it.

I was told if you named Vivi 'Bater' it unlocked a special weapon for him.

Then I discovered Steiner always called him 'Master 'insertnamehere'.

xd.png

Shadow is slightly disspointed. T.T I found Dirge of Cerberus (with cover and instruction booklet with a nice case) in store for 3 dollars. Brought to checkout. Checkout guy looked for game. Couldn't find. Searched the system. Apparently one copy left. Looked harder. Couldn't find.

And then I had to leave. T.T

I did get the Bradygames KH:Days guide for 5 and a complete pocket pokedex for 3.50, but I was still disappointed about DoC.

That sucks D:

I hope BBS will have a guide. I'm going to pre-order it happy.gif

I might have to get the guide for BBS. But probably not for awhile..

I've never actually bought a guide before, and I did it after I beat the game. Maybe it has something on the challenges though. >.<

I always buy guides for Square games, because I am always afraid I'll miss something (like a free potion). laugh.gif

I never use a guide when playing a game. In fact the only thing I use the "guide" for is to find what monsters drop what items. I got to Ultimiecia's Castle by pure dumb luck. I admit I've used the guide for FF8, but so far of all the games I've played that's the only one I've used a guide for.

Edited by Dule

I am blasting through FF13. Well when I get to bosses or those cool transformers. Snow gets a bike, lightning gets a hoarse, and saze gets a race car. Now I wonder if the other three will get one but I am not getting my hopes up.

Ramza is my favorite FF protagonist, but Zidane is a close second. I really can't stand sulky or faux 'cool guy' leads. I know being forced to save the world sucks and all, but that doesn't mean you can't be likable while doing so. (I'm looking at you, Vaan.)

RAMMMZAAAAA.

You badass mothafugga, you.

I totally need to replay Tactics. It's one of my top five favoritest FFs. >.>

Speaking of abusing the naming feature...

Cloud = Chocobutt

Barret = Mr. T

Tifa = MegaBoobs

Aerith = An Hero

Red XIII = Furry

Cait Sith = Pussyfart

Cid = Fuck You

Vincent = SuxUrBlood

Yuffie = Narutard

YESZ!

Edit: I dodge the censors yet again!

Edited by AetherWolf

All of this info is REALLY useful to me. Thank you everyone! Though finally I know what that GF like creature was that I found. I shall share the video with you since you've been such a help to me. If it isn't part of the final boss fight let me know, but it certainly isn't anything I've fought so far. Here:

Yup, that's Ultimecia's GF. And a damn pain in the ass to fight.

/also always uses default names

Final Fantasy 7 is debatabley the best Final Fantasy made.

I debate.

It wasn't that great, or at least it isn't now. The story and characters are nice, but it was too fast for me. It was like, one minute I'm blowing up Sector 7, next I'm fighting Sephiroth. The graphics are no longer really any good. The gameplay was terrible. The battles were monotonous and meh.

X was much better, but my heart still lies with IX.

I'm pretty happy now, even though I missed out on DoC I got A PS2 memory card, Pokemon:Colosseum, Bradygame's KH:Days guide, and a complete pocket pokedex for $15.

About how much I usually pay for one game. :3

I don't think you can call any one game the greatest, because there is such diversity in play style, fan opinion, characters, battle system, graphics (which also is mostly affected by time, so you can hardly count that), and so much other stuff.

Some people love the total linearity of <insert FF that was really linear here>, some people loved the "ok, I can beat the real game in 5 hours and spend weeks on sidequests and mini-games" FF like X-2.

See our own KH thread for divergent opinions on the card system. Who likes the Sphere Grid? Who liked GF Junctioning? Who likes whateverthehell 7 had?

We all can agree Sephy is awesome and creepy, but we have other favorite characters close to our hearts from other games, and the passion for any little specific thing in any game among millions and millions of fans?

Way too much contest, no way to pick a clear winner.

BTW: grats on the awesome buys, shadow. :3

Edited by NixAyum

I agree. Though within a specific and similar series it is easier to debate about it.

7 had materia. It was little things you could put in slots on weapons and armor. Some could be grouped together (like All materia + Fire materia enabled casting fire on all enemies). Generally each weapon had around four slots, though they ranged from 0-8. Things such as summons, magic, abilities, etc. were materia, and could only be used if the character equipped the proper materia. Materia leveled up during use, and level determined power (I think) and things enabled (such as a 'Heal' materia at level one might only enable cure, but at master it also enables cura, curaga, and regen.)

Why thank you, I'm quite happy with them myself. :3