Hiei101

Final Fantasy

D: Me too. Or else we could pull a FF Villain and wipe out Square when we die, so that if we can't enjoy it, neither can anybody else.

Except they always fail..

There will probably be something else instead of video games in the future, or at least way different then the ones we have.

Like, real RPGs were you go into a virtual world and play as the hero.

Like, real RPGs were you go into a virtual world and play as the hero.

/is essentially the plot of SO3

/only the main ppl don't know they're only vidja game programs and go all sadface when they find out

/and then the Creator decides that "ohey ur science be too strong, y'all die now kthnxbye"

I have sad news for you all. I hears that FF is soon to close. I heard that they are making a 14 but that's about it. Now I might have heard what they said wrong but that is what I think I heard. This was when they were first showing previews of 13. Don't take my word for it look it up yourselves and if I am wrong correct me and I shall be glad. FF is one of the few series I enjoy.

How can I give you a source when I saw it on television? I shall say again if I am wrong correct me and I shall be glad. FF is one of the few series I enjoy.

Was it a commercial, did they list a website?

I can't imagine they wouldn't post it online, Squeenix would say something, I would think.

This was when they were previewing FF13 at a game convention. G4 is the one.

This.

Doesn't mean it is true, and even if that article is true, Square will probably still make more games.

Alright.. here is part of an interview that looks real enough:

I believe Final Fantasy XIII is going be something special, and that it’s going to be well received by the audience. But whether we are going to continue to internally create this type of game remains to be seen, because I actually feel that the team that was involved with Final Fantasy XIII should next move on to create and generate some ‘next generation’ forms of play. Internally and externally I feel there’s an expectation of Square Enix to offer something new, and I really think that the Final Fantasy team could create something completely different, but at the moment they’re strictly catering to the particular audience they have now.

That doesn't mean FF is quitting, and it certainly doesn't mean SE is quitting. However, we could start getting more different games from them. Which wouldn't necessarily be bad.

Edited by Shaddowwarrior

Ooooh, I'm curious as to what they plan to do if they let go of the FF format, or even the FF title.

Ooooh, I'm curious as to what they plan to do if they let go of the FF format, or even the FF title.

I know, me too. While we all love FF, it's not like they are going to destroy the ones we already have.

Not to mention, if the FF team moves to different things, those things will probably be just as awesome. A lot of SE's other stuff is already awesome as well (like KH, Chrono Trigger/Cross, etc.)

About 90% of my games are Square Enix.. *fail*

...SHADOOOOW, Star Ocean is Squeenix. :3

There are 3 so far, but they're not really connected.

I wonder what the DragonQuest series is. The design reminds me heavily of a cartoonish DragonBall style.

I see. Well if they aren't going anywhere that is fine. I would be sad to see FF go as I love the series but then again I would be super exited at the next line of games they make.

Ooh, awesome music video made me 100% sure I'm going to get Tales of Symphonia sometime. *random*

Star Ocean.. *searches*

Which one would you suggest? (beside Last Hope, I don't have PS3/360)

Ooh, awesome music video made me 100% sure I'm going to get Tales of Symphonia sometime. *random*

Star Ocean.. *searches*

Which one would you suggest? (beside Last Hope, I don't have PS3/360)

Til the End of Time is the only one I have, it's for PS2. I have it as Greatest Hits. It has a pretteh blue-haired boy with a glowy sword on the cover. X3

*pets Fortune* What if they replace it with someone equally or even MOAR AWESOME!?

*pets Fortune* What if they replace it with someone equally or even MOAR AWESOME!?

It'd have to be going some.

But I'd still get my revenge.

Til the End of Time is the only one I have, it's for PS2. I have it as Greatest Hits. It has a pretteh blue-haired boy with a glowy sword on the cover. X3

Oooh.. *loves blue hair* I'll have to look into that. :3

Reminds me of Mastery in SO3, though I have no idea what benefits come from leveling up the Mastery. :|

Mastery affects certain battle skills, symbology, and passive skills. Examples: the more Fayt uses Blade of Fury and the higher the mastery, the faster the hits come out, allowing you to cancel bonus faster/more easily. Mastery determines how much HP Healing restores, and the duration of spells like Protection, and increases the number of potential hits on spells like Firebolt. For passive skills it determines how often those skills are activated, like for First Aid and Stun and Loot Item, as the mastery rises it makes those effects show up more often in battle. AFAIK there are some skills for which mastery is irrelevant though. In SO2 that was not the case.

Star Ocean.. *searches*

Which one would you suggest?  (beside Last Hope, I don't have PS3/360)

If you want a superior story and all that jazz, go with 2. If you want THE BEST AND MOST ENJOYABLE BATTLE SYSTEM IN ANY RPG EVER, go with 3. Ahem. I am obviously quite biased, though I enjoy both games immensely.

But guys, if you're looking for good RPG's to play, I cannot recommend the Suikoden series highly enough. 3, 4, and 5 are all on the PS2 and they're all solid games. /makes a completely off topic post in the FF thread, ahaha

I make off topic posts too often. I've never actually seen a Suikoden game in a store before. I'm hoping to get one of them eventually though.

So, SO2, SO3, SO:End of Time, Suikoden 3, 4, 5 (and if I'm up to spending a few hundred dollars), 2. Except I'm not up to that, so I won't. Unless I have another friend/relative who I can get it off of for free... *coughFF7cough*

I make off topic posts too often.  I've never actually seen a Suikoden game in a store before.  I'm hoping to get one of them eventually though.

So, SO2, SO3, SO:End of Time, Suikoden 3, 4, 5 (and if I'm up to spending a few hundred dollars), 2.  Except I'm not up to that, so I won't.  Unless I have another friend/relative who I can get it off of for free... *coughFF7cough*

Or you could pirate it. wink.gif Not that I would suggest such dastardly tactics...

I found most of my copies in used game stores. Last time I checked 4 was the most plentiful, at least at GameStops, probably because it's the least popular installment in the series. There's also Suikoden Tierkreis for the DS, the most recent game in the series, but I had a hard time finding that even when it first came out.

Also, it might've been a mistake in your post, but SO3 is SO: Till the End of Time.

I might... except I really like to get the cover and stuff. Also I'm a little scared of viruses and stuff. Oh yeah, and it's illegal. xd.png

Yeah, I'll probably do it eventually. Somebody give me a job. ^o^

Nope, I just didn't know. xd.png So.. SO2 and SO3.

What is SO1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 no there probably aren't that many but I think you got my point.

Koro, I still can't cancel bonus to save my life. |D And I'm really not sure how the battle trophies work either, I'm on Universe(? the difficulty above Earth) and nothing different or new has shown up in battles.

But ty, didn't know mastery affected strength of symbols. I thought it was just by level/ATK.

I know this sounds really stupid, but how do I make Fayt get the other support symbols like Protection? All he has now is Healing/Antidote/Silence/Deep Freeze/Stone Rain/Lightning Bolt. >|

I liek gamefaqs.com walkthrus. 8D

I don't want to think about how much money I've spent on item creation and getting the inventors. But Orichalcum = so. worth. it. <3

MAP COMPLETION. DAMN IT TO HELL.

You never have to wander blindly in any FF games, no, they have the area/paths mapped out for you, but you have to run against the wall fifty thousand times to draw the maps in SO3 to get some little statue that doesn't do much.

yes, that was just so this entire post wasn't horribly off-topic.