picknick10

Eragon (semi-lit)

Stoy saw them charge and one found him in his bush. He stabbed at the mans face and his spear went to the side. Wards. The man hit him into the tree. "Topeznite, HIDE" he said starting to resist more.

Henry ordered the men to ride in on horses and 6 did so. They rode in and Henry then shouted "Give up, foolish elf and rider. Your dragons are gone and your outnumbered. Stand down or you'll be heads on pikes outside the city walls.".

((Partly posting because I won't be on tomorrow or sunday (or if I am, rather briefly unless the hotel has free Internet and my parents allow me on) due to vacation all week.

I'm also waiting for a reply from DS, as well as Akiraa.))

(Sorry yesterday was my birthday and I really can't think of a post worthy enough to be after you brilliant ones DH)

(I just have no clue what to post O.o)

((Well, akiraa you could write something about Akira's reaction to the mountain suggestion and possibly her flying there if you want.))

((On very briefly.

Billiant, DS? Oh sheesh... you do not want to be in a 1x1 I've got going somewhere's else.... it's descriptive and gigantic madness xd.png I swear it's a battle to see who can post better (not that I actually care- it does nothing for me... and seems awfully pointless). Let's see.... *presses some buttons* and DS, you're- nah... just... Happy Birthday.))

A slightly raised hand. That's all it took? Really? Perhaps it was because it was from Draith with the hand unoccupied by holding Will at sword-point. The soldiers nearly running Jayes through had stopped, just like that. It was like they were frozen. They probably were frozen. What had he gotten himself into? His mother would say the life of an adventurer, yet what had she cared? She wasn't around for very long.

Jayes did take that time to get up. The soldiers didn't move. Others did around the area, but not the ones setting their sights on him. Quickly, and carefully, the man got out of that death trap. As soon as that happened, the soldiers unfroze and fell in a heap. They scrambled to get up, dumbstruck. "One of you is going to die. Then the rest of you in suit." Jayes commented slightly, beheading one of the slowertogetup ones. He should've killed them while they were frozen. Yet he had getting out of that deathtrap alive on his mind instead.

((DS, give Will my condolences at some point please. And Akiraa, can you tell Akiraa I'm sorry for their acting this way too? *hides*))

Draith had expected some type of reaction out of Will. He was a hard case, not the toughest to break, but one of the toughest. She'd just have to try harder. Or differently. Differently would do.

"You're dragon doesn't care that this is happening?" She slightly took the sword away from the Rider's neck. "Granted nothing really has happened yet. Though, it doesn't have to happen if you comply and come back with us. We'll leave the other two owners alone." The offer wasn't compeltely true, but Will didn't have to realize that.

Akira was to worried about Will to leave, and there was no room to dive. She didn't WANT to try and fly to that mountain, what if Draith killed Will in that time? What if she could have done something. A growl was easily coming from her throat, but by her height in the air it wouldn't be heard. She did finally contact Will and said "I'm sorry... I can't do anything... I can't...." She felt useless as a dragon. She'd usually just fly in and protect him, but she had a hatchling on her back and Draith was already standing over him. What could she do? Most likely Draith would kill him before she even got halfway down there if she saw her dive bombing.

--

Elbereth hissed. Damn the shade, damn the soldier. They would pay DEARLY for this when the chance arrived. She would KILL them if she ever got the chance. She was already muttering things in the ancient language as she dodged any attacks and started to climb the tree. Spell after spell was woven together, she was going to make this big even if she ended up getting killed in the process. Already plants started grabbing at the soldiers around, growing even, trying to ensnare them, while some plants caught on fire but did not 'burn'. Instead they whipped out like the rest of the plants to attack the soldiers, burning any one they touched that was an enemy. This used a lot of magic, but Elbereth was an elf and had a lot to use, though she knew she shouldn't do anything this much, this wide. But she did nonetheless.

(Meh, couldn't think of anything else... I don't think Akira will EVER forgive Draith or Zalik. She'll probably eat Zalik if she gets the chance, and would love to make Draith nothing but ashes.)

Astaea's eyes widened as she saw Elbereth work her magic. Not only because it was so powerful, but because it looked like it used up a lot of energy. The hatchling did not want to leave her; and she had the feeling that Akira didn't want to leave either. She didn't blame her. Astraea already cared so much for Elbereth, and she could only imagine what she would do to the person that hurt her rider. Besides, a rider that had this much experience had to be more important than a hatchling that had none.

So the hatchling decided to send Akira a series of images. The first was of an x over the mountain. The second was of Akira dropping off the hatchling and saving Will. Finally, the third was of Will on a platform while Astraea was in a ditch. ((To show level of importance.))

Akira grumbled and sent to the hatchling "I'm sorry... I can't... I can't leave him... I'm sorry... I would take you, but I can't... what if I leave and he's dead when I come back? I can't..." It was obvious this was bugging her, she was upset. It was only out of concentration she wasn't crying. She wanted to protect Will, she wanted to get Astarae to safety. She wanted to do so much, yet she could do so little. It hurt hurt. She was a large dragon, powerful, yet she couldn't do ANYTHING! Nothing! Her Will was in danger, Astarae was in danger, Elbereth, EVERYONE was in danger, and she couldn't do ANYTHING.

The hatchling nodded in understanding. Again, she did not want to leave either. What if something happened to Elbereth? It would be absolutely devastating to her and she could only imagine how awful it would be for Akira to lose Will. She also felt even more powerless. Two soldiers could probably capture her with little difficulty. That's when Astraea had an idea.

She asked Akira what would rattle a shade for at least a second. Maybe I could shock the thing for a second so Akira could get in there. Astraea did realize after that second was over Draith would probably kill her or do something worse...

Will had tensed and beenetally panilong until Draith pulled the blade away from his neck and he relaxed a tiny bit, though there was still the flames to worry about. As Alira touched his mind he looked up toward her. I Understand he told her then looked back to the shade as she offered bim a deal. "But then I would be aiding Galbitorix, that is worse then death" he told her softly. Normally he would have been trying to figure out what bezar twist the shade was planning, or plotting out a spell to distract her, but he was still under the offects of whatever spell had backfired on him.

((I'll give ya a hint... a small hint little Astraea... not much rattles a shade. Well, Draith. There's a few things that can though, and Jayes may or may not be able to give some insight into that.))

Draith seemed amused by Will's outburst. There was tenacity in him yet. "So you do speak still..." She placed the blade against his neck again slightly, amused by something. "And that actually might be true; but I would hardly know much better if that were left to you to decide." A slight movement ordered Zailik to relax his hold a bit, which the soldier gladly complied. "Maybe something else is in order then... not as bad, yet unknowingly helpful to the cause you already signed up for Will." The shade relaxed the blade; not enough to get Will to move freely, but enough to give him slight comfort.

Zailik gladdend a bit when Draith silently told him to let up. He was getting tired and beginning to think they both were going to die. But what was she planning?

Jayes shied away from some of the plants. They were a mess everywhere and he was trying to help Elbereth by fueling the ones closest to him. It seemed like a very strong spell, even for an elf, to keep up too long.

Akira thought and said "I don't know..." She flicked her eyes down to the battle and Jayes and said "Maybe he'd know..." Before referring the question to him, still watching the Shade and soldier and her Will.

--

Elbereth was starting to get dizzy, but kept the spell up, happy for some assistance in it from Jayes.

Stoy finally killed the soldier only to be in a circle of them. "Drop your weapons, your under arrest." the leader called.

Henry swung at Jayes with one of his swords. "Helping an elf is a federal CRIME" he said.

(So what, all of the soldiers are just being unaffected by the attacking and on fire plants?)

Jayes ducked, missing the sword only just, and tackled Henry. "Crime or not, killing someone's a crime too!" He screamed as he slammed into the man. He didn't go down, but Jayes did. That's what he got for tackling a man taller than normal. But as he want down he rolled away from the crazed soldier, answering Akira to say he'd talk in a second. He had something in mind.

The magician fired off a small fireball to Henry, working his way up a tree after avoiding a plant that swung at him. He wasn't going to help that plant. From up in the tree he seemed to be safe.

Alright Akira, sorry for the delay. Henry here decided to kill me... He climbed a little further up the tree to be safe. Maybe you could try and tap into a memory of hers? Layel's memories have to be in there somewhere... and if they are, the one with my accident might be enough to shake that lost part of her. If not, Zailik said she's had confrontations with Galbatorix before... one of those pry ought to be enough. His description of her reaction didn't sound like she enjoyed it. That was all he could think of at the moment.

Astraea saw the strain on Elbereth's face so she decided to land whatever small hand she could. She let her rider draw energy from her. After all if it becomes to much I can just ask her to stop. It's not like I'm doing anything...

(You know that they are npcs, don't you akiraa?)

Henry growled and jumped up on the tree avoiding and cutting the plants out of his way to try to kill Jayes.

((On my way back home from vacation.... I see I don't have anything really much to respond to... so... Akiraa and DS, please reply sometime smile.gif

I'd send a pm but I have extrememly limited internet so this is my only post for the night. I'll be back late late tomorrow night so I pry won't be on then. But after that, I'll be on nightly (or should if the power doens't get kicked out from some random storm) and possibly during the day sometime too.))

Jayes grunted annoyence as he saw Henry climbing. For a big man, this man didn't seem bothered by some sparce branches and crazy flaming palnts. He doubted some of the higherup branches could hold Henry's weight, but could probably hold his own weight- him being smaller- and safely hold him out of reach. For that, he'd have to climb pretty high though.

I have to cut off my supply for a few minutes... sorry Elbereth. Jayes told the elf, quickly srambling up his part of the tree after ordering a flaming plant to hit Henry in the face -or try to; he hoped it would knock him off actually- to get to the higher branches.

Most of them were really thin, not even holding his own weight, but Jayes found a few that he was able to get a hold on before they snapped. If that kept up, he'd run out of branches and they both would fall to their deaths. Well if it came to that, he wanted to be sure Henry went with him to their respected graves. It'd be one less maniac to worry about; sadly, that would mean he would leave Elbereth and Will with two, more dangerous in some cases, maniacs to deal on their own.

Just keep focussing on climbing... Jayes thought as another branch snapped under his foot. Luckly he had just heaved himself up into a slightly smaller hole than his body, making it uncomfortable but better than nothing. He guessed an owl probably lived here. Hopefully that didn't come back but if it did, maybe he could gain its favor.

(Ptth... Sorry...)

Akira nodded and fed the info from Jayes to Astarea, now also lending her powers to Elbereth since she didn't have much else to do. She did also worn Astarea to hold off and let her handle feeding energy to Elbereth since she had more to use as well as more control over it.

--

Elbereth carefully accepted what energy was fed to her from the two dragons, especially from Astarea since she couldn't control as much as well as she had less to deplete. She did thank them though. She simply said a quick "Right..." To Jayes while still keeping the plants going. Quite a few soldiers had been caught in the plants, some even literally burning to death as a flame plant grabbed them while other plants restrained them and kept the flames going on the body till it lost life. Other vines and plants went to strangle others, some restrain, some trip, anything to help.

(I'm going to summer camp today, might not reply all that much lver the next week)

Henry pursued cutting everything out of his way. "Your not escaping varden scum. Your rightfully going to the dungeon, and getting executed for your actions. Like every one of you will be." he yelled.