picknick10

Eragon (semi-lit)

"Pretty much, had to use it to fight Empire Soldiers demanding me to hand over Topeznite. I didn't. And now she's here with me." Stoy replied as the orange dragon jumped off his shoulder studying the new person.

(Better than what I normally post)

Elbereth nodded and said "We won't cause any problems. Come on Astraea, shall we go meet Akira?"

Astraea walked over to Elbererth a little shyly. Everything seemed to be ok. The hatchling replied to her rider's question with a yes to Elbereth with her mind. She then nodded her greeting to Draith, Zalik, and Jayes. The hatchling felt a little excited to meet another dragon. ((How long has it been sense Elbereth found Astraea's egg? Weeks? Days? Months? I just need to know when the hatchling can fly and when she can speak with her mind.))

(1 Day)

Elbereth nodded and took Astraea over to Akira. Elbereth then said "Akira, this is Astraea, my hatchling." Akira bent down and sniffed Astraea before saying "Hello little one. I'm Akira. Nice to meet you." She then directed to Elbereth "She chose you?" Elbereth nodded and Akira said "Congratulations."

Henry awoke to the floor board creaking as he slammed a man's arm to the wall, bumping his head in the process. He realized it was one of his soldiers. "Sir, we must go.". He nodded and swiftly he paid the inn keeper and mounted up riding yet again. Time to track down the mysterious animal.

((gaah... school's... odd after two weeks...))

Draith seemed amused at the introduction of Astraea. Elbereth's dragon. Even the thought of it didn't seem quite right to her. Now there was even more trouble for the King to worry about. Two new problems for him to worry about, though one seemed more inexperienced. Which she expected.

Zailik couldn't help but smile just a little. The orange dragon was cute, but that wasn't why he had smiled. He still pretty much wore his clothing from the Empire. Well, some sets of it as he had a few for traveling after Draith had allowed him to pack more. "Perhaps sometime I could show you how to use it a bit better." He offered Stoy. He didn't prefer spears but had to know how to use one as part of his previous trainings.

Jayes felt somewhat leftout. He apparently wasn't allowed to talk to anyone. Elbereth was talking to Akira; Zailik to Stoy. Draith, well, she rarely talked to anyone for more than a few tries unless forced or extremely amused. Or trying to kill someone but that had only been part of a small section of exceptions to her silence Zailik began to mention.

"That would be nice. There are some very skilled empire men out there... I was only dealing with the lower ranks." Stoy replied as Topeznite looked up at the bigger dragon.

Henry then tied the horses to a camp. They were not far now. He had gotten a hound to help them out. But it was hard to control on horses as he had to put it in a sack its head still poking out. The horse got nervous around it too. The dog sniffed the air. It had scent of something. "Lets go." he ordered the men.

((School's getting busy (I'll pry be gone for the first three weeks of May actually... because of AP Tests... and an SAT... blehhh) and on top of that, my oldest dog (who literally grew up with me until this point starting at the beginning of 1st grade...) isn't doing well at all so we're all worried about him. ...so if I suddenly disappear even more- I'm probably dealing with that.))

Zailik nodded. "Once we get some freetime then and you feel you're up to it, I'll see what we can do." He told Stoy as Jayes walked over.

"If you two would like, I could also be your extra sparring partner... though I've only used a spear a few times and am pretty sure I won't be of some great help." He spoke to them both, looking from Zailik to Jayes and back. He was bored of this 'no talking' rule the soldier had set.

Draith had wandered over back near Akira and Elbereth. Not really to talk to them, but to get Zailik's horse. It had somewhat walked back over to where the rest of the group was, but it still was characteristically trying to push everyone's patience. Even now, with Draith trying to get him to return to where the rest were tied up, the horse tried as best he could to get as far along on her nerves as he could. She succeeded in apprehending the stubborn horse though bringing it back caused as much trouble as it did just to get him to stay where he was for more than a second.

((Only one day?! Wow I sure had the age wrong xd.png)) Astraea looked up at Akira. She said hello back in the respectful dragon way. She also said hello to Akira's rider. The hatchling wondered what would happen next and she wasn't sure what to think of Draith. The being hadn't done anything wrong but she seemed a little off in a bad way. But the hatchling dismissed the thought of the being doing any harm to her or Elbereth.

Akira gave a curt nod to Astarae before turning to Elbereth and saying "Anything happen?" Elbereth shrugged and said "Attacked by a giant bird thing, but that's it. Past me finding Astarae."

((Forgive the absense. I was dealing with family issues and whatnot.))

Draith's suspicions of Elbereth having become a rider were confirmed when she noticed the small dragon having never left the elf's side. It was Elbereth's Astarae after all. That meant it was one more rider to worry about for the King.

The shade tied up Zailik's stubborn horse and left it there as it tried to break free again. It wouldn't be able to, though the trying still commenced.

"I'm sure you could be of help to us." Zailik responded to Jayes kindly as he waited for Stoy to respond.

"I figured I would offer. I need to polish up on my combat skills anyways." Jayes added as he noticed Draith wandering rather aimlessly around after tying up the horse. She seemed slightly on edge, though he wasn't going to ask why.

They had nearly made it when they found a dead fox. The hound stopped and Henry glared at it. "Filthy animal I ought to..." he trailed off noticing a group of varden apparently regrouping with another group. There was a large purple dragon. "Ready the darts... take down the dragon then deal with the elf. The others might use magic so be ready.". They all tied there horses to the oak and started a sneaky approach.

As soon as the men said a word of attacking, a wolf's howl echoed to Elbereth. She quickly turned on her heel looking straight at where the soon to be attackers were. She then quickly grabbed her bow from her back, and notched an arrow. She then said "Someone's here. Night saw them and heard them. I had him on watch duty along with the rest of my friends. (Explains why they weren't there :3)" She then said "I know you're there." Akira quickly turned towards where Elbereth was pointing and sniffed. She then growled and let out a large puff of smoke at the area, opening her mouth just a little to show flames flicking between her teeth.

Henry masked his fear. He sent out the greyhound as the men with blow darts readied to shoot the purple dragon. The greyhound looked lone as it walked toward them. Then henry made a hand motion and the blow darts fired straight at Akira as the ones who stayed behind rode in on horseback with lances and long swords. Henry led the others to raid.

Stoy gripped his spear, feeling courage due to his protection of Topeznite.

(You do realize blow darts won't be very effective against a dragons scales, correct?)

Akira easily deflected the darts just by making sure any fleshy parts were not hit, only scales. She then blew a large stream of fire at the on coming attackers. Elbereth did not even falter with the dog. Night wasn't an idiot, and was trained well. She quickly shot an arrow at the nearest attacker, before notching a new one and repeating. Every now and again she'd use magic to snare a horse or human runner with a rapidly grown vine. Soon enough a black panther and a wolf barreled through the underbrush, the panther, Mist, pouncing on the nearest horse, and the wolf, Night, started flanking the heels of horses and nipping at their legs to try and scare them and make them skittish. Elbereth just flitted through it all, and soon enough switched from bow to sword and started slashing away nimbly, looking more like she was dancing than anything, a deadly dance. Akira started also biting and scratching at horses, her larger size making it easy to scare, and even kill the smaller creatures with one hit, if place well.

Henry glared. "Form a line!" he ordered as the men regrouped thrusting their shields forward making a marching line that slowly marched toward the group. The remainder of the horsemen started to launch arrows using hit and run techniques. Stoy gripped his spear. They had a good line with shields, but if they could flank...

(Kinda like mongol and spartan tactics..)

((Boom you read my mind xd.png ))

Zailik cursed under his breath as he pulled out his sword. He knew who was attacking them and had figured Draith had gotten her point across. Apparently not, as he had come back. He allowed Akira to really take much of the farther away men with her fire and focussed on the stragglers of the group as he worked his way through.

The soldier stopped over to the left of the formation and waited for Draith to give an order.

Jayes stayed near Stoy as Zailik moved off. His occasional use of magic caught some of the nearer men off guard as a fire-trap caught flame. Aside from that, he chose to use his bow instead of his sword for this matter and took to shooting ones that got too close to Zailik if he didn't catch them first.

The magician quit firing arrows after the line had formed. He wasn't going to waste them on shielded men on the off chance he could get an arrow through the defenses.

Draith had pulled her sword out as soon as she sensed that something was very off when a howl sounded. Elbereth's words confirmed it. She used Akira's flames to her advantage, adding her own flames where the dragon's lacked. She used it as cover too, infultatrating the riders as they fought their way toward the smaller group. The shade was fighting her way to Henry, or trying to. The formation of the line stopped that progress for a moment as the horses became more sparatic.

She ended up in the middle of the two groups, more closer to Akira but certainly out of the way of her fire. "Henry's behind this..." She had spotted him only briefly through the fighting.

Zailik, wait for an opening but keep yourself hidden. Try to find Henry if you can and get him alone. At least more alone than now. Draith told the soldier mentally, deciding to share that section of his orders with their small group so they would stay informed.

Henry saw the number grow few. The line had reached the group and were now trying to impale them all with the long spears whilst the horsemen were running around shooting making them harder to hit. Stoy saw one get close and thrust his spear forward but the man grabbed it, threw it down, and slapped Stoy in the back of the neck. They where defiantly not the men he faced in Dras Leona. Stoy got up as the man drew a crude sword that looks venomous. The man swung as Stoy rolled under his legs and shoved him from behind.

Akira roared at the men, and sent her tail flying at them, most likely sending some of them flying from the hit. Elbereth soon took a running leap over the heads of the men and landed on the other side of them (Elves have very good reflexis and are quite gymnastic, remember?) She quickly turned and started flanking the group as well. Mist and Night were now working on cornering the horses, both growling at them, focusing on just one horse at a time. Elbereth heard Draith and quickly scanned for this Henry person, while still hacking away at the backs of the line.

Henry saw an immediate problem. Picking up a spear from a dead person, he hurled t as hard as possible towards one of the animals harassing the horsemen.

Elbereth spotted Henry just as he threw the spear. She quickly used her magic to have vines shoot up and grab the spear before it hit Night. She then quickly ran over to Henry as quietly as possible, before pressing her sword to his neck from behind and saying "Call off the attack, or lose your neck. Draith may want you, but I have no qualms on killing empire scum, or ticking off Draith for doing so. Plus, you just tried to kill Night." Akira soon spotted the horsemen, as well, and licked her lips. Horses were pretty good to eat, and she wouldn't get in trouble if it assisted in the battle. She soon lashed her tail out at one to try and cripple it, and knock it's rider off.

Henry's mind started to race. Training... he then knew how to dislodge a blade off his neck. He knocked away the blade with one sword and with the other aimed a blow to the elf's side.

Stoy started to gruel with one man with his bare hands, as he had knocked away the man's weapon.

Elbereth simply flittered away dodging the blade and facing the front of the man. She then kicked at him to knock him to the ground, and if that worked she'd proceed to crouch over him and pin his arms to the ground with her feet, and once again press her sword to his neck.

Henry kicked the blade and rolled away. "Elves, haven't you destroyed enough?" he taunted bringing both blade in an attempt to cut off both arms.