picknick10

Eragon (semi-lit)

((Busyness makes DH busy.... she's not as busy as she was all week however....))

Jayes growled slightly as this man kept coming. He could tell that if he got any higher, Henry surely would fall. He'd probably try and take him with him though. "Won't you just quit!!?" He yelled back, climbing up another branch. Two broke beneath him. "You're gonna get yourself killed while you try..."

((and I still have nothing else to post. :/ ))

Will blinked up at the Shade in confusion, not sure what she meant. When they let up on him slightly he took a deep breathe and frowned at the Shade. "What do you mean?" He asked softly.

(I'm back and sorry for the lame post as always)

"You have done a crime, and deserve to die!" Henry yelled drawing one of his swords and swinging at the man. He was a traitor to the empire.

((Boom, we're in a friggen tree on the highest and thinnest branches... Jayes can barely stay there.... how can a 6ft something man who, by height and muscle as you've described him, undoubtebly ways much more than Jayes draw a sword in a tree, on thin branches, and actually not fall? I couldn't even do that and I'm pretty light on people's standards.... and have good balance if I wanna listen to them more....))

((I hate it when my computer dies right as I am about to plug in the plug...))

Zailik was grateful Will didn't say anything else. He wouldn't imagine what Draith would have done.

What did she mean? Draith knew something similar to her meaning had come up before when she had first captured Will. Had they gotten further on with it, she probably would never have done this. But it was finally time for them to turn the tables and have someone do something for them, instead of the other way around.

"Just something simple... not harmful." The shade responded, not explaining what she actually meant. She didn't think it necessary.

"In other words... there'll be a favor from us to you... and possibly Akira.... if she ever decides to collect on it. I suppose that'll mean I've been brought into it too, though I don't have any favors in mind." The soldier responded to her tricks, knowing Will really wouldn't get it. He was tired of the mind-games she liked.

((and do try to explain that in your posts Boom.... add detail... instead of oneliners. Those still aren't allowed in this rp via the rules. Details never hurt anyone anyway. and I know for a fact that the higher up a tree you go, the smaller and weeker the branches get- no matter where anyone lives.... it's the nature of trees.))

Jayes dodged the strike by scrambling up the side of the tree this time. He was running out of tree and running out of branches. "I don't see how I've done a crime if I was never a part of anything anyway!" He yelled back, debating to set the tree on fire. He'd have no way out, but at least it would mean one less crazed soldier. "And if you fall... where will that get you?" He added, realizing this wouldn't end well for either of them.

Edited by Dragonhatchling

(Forgot the branches swaying and the limb cracking. Shouldn't argue with a moderator... but the blade is a one handed sword and he is holding on to a stumpy branch... there are strong high limbs were I live.)

((hehehh.... I edited my post to respond to yours Boom.... ....for some reason....))

Akira was still watching below her with Zalik, Draith, and Will, but was happy to see that Will was at least in a little less danger. She then noticed Jayes and Henry in the tree. She growled and decided she could do something now, with how high in the tree they were. She quickly swooped at the tree, going to grab Jayes with a claw, and whack at Henry with her tail, flames licking from around her teeth a bit. She of course made sure Astarae didn't fall. Elbereth also soon noticed and quickly used some magic to reinforce the branch Jayes was on, but caused the one Henry was on to start swaying even more, and even cracking faster. All the while keeping the plants on the soldiers going. Few remained fighting, now trying to flee the possesed branches and vines. They didn't exactly want to meet the same fate as some of their comrades. Though many still died as vines started to throw them in the air and around, seeming to become even more hectic and violent as Elbereth grew more and more tired, even with the extra energy.

"GARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! GALBATORIX SHOULD HAVE TAUGHT ME MORE MAGIC! IF THAT WHAT PASSES FOR STRENGTH THESE DAYS!" Henry yelled as he fell from the swaying trees. He wasn't done though. Before he fell he threw a curved throwing knife at Jayes, before hitting the lower branches and hitting the ground, slowly raising his sword. He would duel anyone who got in his way. He slowly rose... bloodied up.

(fine.)

((So much action! smile.gif ))

The little dragon saw the fight going on before her. But she was particularly interested in what the shade was saying. A favor huh? Interesting... I'm getting tired of hearing you talk though shade. Your techniques are actually not doing as much as expected. Maybe I should show you that really weird memory I have about the big man talking and how he caused the loud noises. Astraea's thoughts were turning a bit malicious. She was tired of not doing anything.

But Akira interrupted her thoughts (thankfully) by swooping down and attacking. Astraea enjoyed the freefall feeling. It was a lot of fun to her. She also heeded Akira's advice on stopping the flow of energy. The hatchling apologized to Elbereth quickly and cut it off. Hmm... Maybe I should test this attack on one of the lesser soldiers. Maybe I'll get a loud nosie from him just like the big man in my memory!

She poked at one of the soldier's mind gently at first. This got her nowhere however, so she began to violently jab at it. She managed to break through and along with her normal attacks she showed the soldier a five second memory clip that involved the man getting information out of a prisoner (violently).

The hatchling got what she wanted. The solider that she picked out stopped moving around and began to tremble a bit. He then emitted a mixuture of shouting and of screaming. Astraea smiled a bit, she could now attack people with a little bit of effort.

Draith was interested in Astrea's thoughts and words. She allowed the small dragon's mind to meld away as it caught attention elsewhere. Zailiik wasn't so amused, being able to hear it through the link that never actually got mended between them. He had an idea of what it might be about. He wasn't sure he'd like that idea, though he was pretty sure he'd be used to everything about it. Perks of working with a shade he supposed.

Draith, however, intruded to the dragon again after noticing the other soldier's spectical. Feel free, my young little dragon, to show that memory anytime. I'm sure it can't be as possibly as bad as many of the things I can show you. She was still waiting for an answer from Will, not expecting to really get anything out of it. She would collect the favors owed to her though, whether or not Will wanted to be part of the deal.

Jayes ducked from Akira mostly, half afriad when she came down so close. He didn't realize she was trying to pick him up. He didn't realize Henry had thrown a knife either. He did realize the knife had been thrown when it lodged into his right shoulder. The searing pain was only made worse with Akira around. Her involuntary gusts of wind made it hard for him to stay on the tree, even when she was reaching for him, and the pain made it hardly possible. The only way he stayed was through true grit- grit he was doubtly sure he would never have again- and he didn't stay for long. If Akira hadn't been there, he knew that he would have fallen to his death. Knew it. Unfortunately, the awkward catch in Akira's claw made his wound worse and actually sent the knife further into his shoulder. It probably had hit bone already- he didn't dare wish to think of where it went when the knife went further in- with how bad the pain already was.

(Sorry for the late reply I'm really freakin sick today and I just kind of passed out when I meant to check here xd.png )

Will just sat there, seeming completely lost.

"So, tell me if I got this right... You want me to do something for you just for some promise of "favors" in the future? As I see it that's not quite enough motivation to do whatever your little twisted minds what me to" he said, lifting an eyebrow as he spoke, looking vere unimused.

He looked up as Akira swooped past over head, heading for a tree but didn't take his eyes off of the shade for very long so he never saw why the dragon was heading right for a tree.

((Wait a minute, was Draith privately listening on Astraea's thoughts? Astraea wasn't threatening Dratih, she was thinking to herself and she then attacked a soldier.))

Akira said a quick "Sorry..." To Jayes for causing the wound to be worse. She should have also TOLD him she was going to grab him, but didn't think about it. She DID blow a stream of flame at Henry though, now that she had Jayes relatively safe in her claws. You really didn't want to mess with an upset and worried, as well as ticked, full grown dragon. She flicked her eyes over to the soldier who started screaming before warning Astarae "If that was you, be careful. Not everyone has a weak mind, and if someone pushes BACK YOU could be the one screaming in agony." As the screaming soldier was now attacked by a plant, literally throwing him up in the air, and amusingly near Akira. Akira snapped at him and ate him, mostly just for scare factor for the other soldiers, which worked well. It seemed most were now running full force away screaming, while others seemed to freeze in place in terror, and were quickly finished off by the plants. She just wished Zalik and Draith were this easy to scare, they'd be finished right now. She still wished she could help Will, but couldn't think of how. She grumbled then said to Jayes "Anywhere you want me to drop you off? I already need to worry about throwing off Astarae, I don't need to carry you to. I'd take you to the mountain with Astarae, but still do not wish to leave Will. If you want I can drop you off in a higher more stable tree to rest till this is over, seeming as how you are wounded."

((Did I forget to mention that? Oops... I did ^^"" eh, yes Fuzz, yes she was. She does that a lot actually..... much to Zailik's annoyment.

Now to respond backwards since I haven't done that in forever xd.png no, I won't write everything backwards... I'm just writing who comes first in a different order. But I could write backwards if someone wanted- that'd be annoying after a while if you can't read backwards though....))

Jayes stayed completely quiet, his eyes forced shut, as he was carried by Akira. He'd never been flying before, or even close to it aside from riding a horse, and wasn't too fond of the first flight he ever had. Probably because of his wound. Drop me off wherever... I'll offer to make sure no idiot tries to get to Astrea though since there could be something in the mountain.... He opened his thoughts to both the dragons now. Not that I don't think a young dragon can't take care of herself.... I just simply wish to help.

Draith was still amused with Will, more so with the fact that he was rather bold. "Not exactly... but you got the favor part right." Zailik decided to answer before Draith stabbed him. She hadn't yet, but he was fully expecting her to. "It's actually a lot worse if you had been there- lucky that you weren't- and does end in owing a favor or two...." He wasn't entirely sure how to explain it.

"Besides the formalities, there is always the option of force.... and from past experiences, it seems the second option would be rather easy." The shade spoke after watching Akira fly off. Henry had been lucky he wasn't still up there.

(Okay DH it might just be because I'm sick... But I have no idea what your characters are saying)

((Nor do I DS... nor do I. Due to cruddy internet when I wrote the first post, I had forgotten what I intended xd.png I'm just rolling with whatever that pops into my head that might work...))

((I interpreted your posts as idle threats and Jayes was telling Akira to drop them off.))

Astraea nodded at Jayes. She didn't mind being called defenseless because that was the truth. She was practically defenseless to all but the common soldier. She also acknowledged Akira.

What troubled here was the fact that Draith was apparently listening in on her thoughts. Being a hatchling, right now she wasn't that important and Astaraea knew it. But she also knew that hatchlings seemed to be valuable because her kind held a lot of potential. But why her? Did Draith want her for some reason? Was the little favor?

No, I'm not that important... Draith probably doesn't want me any more than the regular amount. She wants something with Will; he's actually important.

The hatchling noticed that Akira seemed to be moving away from the group with Jayes. Maybe I won't be alone... But what about Topentize? Astraea then looked at Elbereth, she seemed to be tired but now all the soldiers were gone due to herself and Akira's efforts.

I just hope nothing happens to Elbereth...

(fine I'll also just wing it?)

Will looked between the two as they spoke... well he kind of did, not being able to see the soldier still holding him. Will then turned his eyes to the shade before him and looked completely confused.

"right..... so you completely lost me there... no idea what your saying" he told her with a shrug.

((Hmm.... well, that's the last time I believe my computer when it says ERROR and then tells me I posted :/ ))

Zailik glanced at Draith. She seemed half amused, half angry at Will. That probably wasn't good.

"Not entirely important either... you'll figure it out some day." Draith simply responded, looking over toward Elbereth. "Though... she may need your help while you're at it. Except you won't get that chance. Not right now."

This was getting nowhere fast. That much Zailik could see. He didn't get the point of this though. She hadn't informed him of her plan, though it clearly was something behind all the empty threats. Perhaps a reminder? He still didn't get it. But he did catch wind of Astrea's thoughts. He smiled at that. He finally got it.

((I think Akira didn't leave yet, right?))

Astraea heard Draith and she especially heard what she said about Elbereth. No no no, please don't involve Elbereth in this... Wait a minute, she wants something with Will not Elbereth. But still, why threaten her? Well my rider did attack all those soldiers.

It made her feel some anger and that showed for half a second. No. I shouldn't feel emotion yet.

She then saw Zalik's little smile crop up on his face. He can probably hear me as well... As the hatchling thought this through she wondered why Draith would betray the group. She knew that shade's don't cause trouble for the heck of it. Shades have some emotion.

Why Draith? I actually thought you were rather dignified. I put that instinctual feeling of not trusting you out of the way so we could work together. You didn't even do anything bad before this... Maybe I'm just naive...

((So excited to see Draith's plan unfold!))

Edited by fuzzzzj

(No Akira hasn't, she's still too nervous to leave.)

Akira whined and looked from Will to the mountain, and back. She knew it would take quite a few minutes at least to make it to the mountain. She could come back and very well find Will and everyone dead at this rate.

((All in due time Fuzz.))

Akira.... you can drop us off wherever is convenient for you. I'll do my absolute best to make sure nothing happens to Astrea. Jayes told the large purple dragon, hearing her whine a little. She was probably thinking that if she left Will he'd end up dead. He pry would, knowing how far Draith could really go when pushed, and he wished the best for her Rider.

She didn't do anything bad before this? That rang in both Draith's mind as well as Zailik's. If only Astrea knew. If only she knew all the times that would be considered 'bad' on anyone's part but those truly involved.

Zailik sighed, knowing that Astrea's thoughts probably were the fuel Draith was waiting for in order to really just tick everyone off. If Will did die, he wouldn't be able to do a thing about it.

Some day you may understand Astrea. Those words probably didn't bring any comfort or realization to the small dragon. Draith wasn't going for that though, she wasn't really going for anything at the moment. Not yet. But soon.

Akira nodded before spotting a clearing not to far off. She quickly dive bombed it and let the two get off, looking very tense and antsy to get back to Will.

Astraea heard the shade's thoughts. Some day I'll understand? Draith... You sound sad. You don't have to do this if you don't want to. Stop before it gets hard to forgive yourself if you care... The hatchling thought about the statement a little bit more. Wait, what if that's not sadness. Is she implying that I could be in her shoes one day? I wouldn't torture anyone like that. I couldn't even kill a squirrel for other than food and even then I had to do it so it didn't feel pain. She then reviewed the odd memory. Her eyes grew wide for a half of a second. He was instructing someone, possibly, me on how to do that... Well, I'm not like that! I am not that low! Yeah, that was just a comment. Don't be ridiculous Astraea, that was stupid to think like that. That's like being afraid of the dark. Which I'm not anymore.

She then heard Jayes and noticed Akira turn to the clearing. She sent a picture of a hug to Elbereth. Astraea then held herself on the back of Akira.

Edited by fuzzzzj