picknick10

Eragon (semi-lit)

(BUMP again, waiting on DS cause I can't think of something to post, sorry xd.png)

(I'm sorry... I can't think of anything D: )

Will took a deep reath then he slipped out from under Akira and grabbed one of her wings gently, pulling himself up until he could climb onto her back.

"Seems I missed a lot when I blacked out" he said to her as he hugged her neck, his eyes locked on the shade and soldier before them.

Akira let Will get up on her, but never had her eyes leave the two. She gave a slight nod at Will before saying to him "What should I do to them? Fry them, or eat them? Or both. I like the idea of both." For now, it was a bit of a standoff. Akira kept glaring at the two, and growling with flames licking from out of her mouth. Magic still vibrated around her from the shield she put up around her and Will as well.

--

Elbereth was still in her tree. Now that the soldiers had all fled or died, she leaned back and rested. She wished she could help Akira, but she had no energy left to do much of anything. She still stayed awake, conscious, and prepared. She could still fight if she must, but her mind and body were a bit slower and weaker from exhaustion right now.

Will shrugged. "I really have no idea what's going on" he replied softly to Akira. "but they must have done something to really tick you off.... you can fry the shade at least but, I don't think she'd be too appetizing to eat" he added with a grin. he had never really liked the shade but Zailik, eh, the man had kind of gotten on Will's good side, despite the fact that he had been holding a sword to the back of the riders neck less them moments ago.

((Busy with school homework before school starts. The teacher forgot to send another part to it... and two days before I go to school I have to read another book :/

*goes to find Fuzz too* ))

Zailik was silently freaking out inside his mind. Being put up against a dragon was one thing. One thing he absolutely did not want. Being forced to face Akira with Draith threatening everything in sight was worse. Partly worse. Not exactly worse enough to sway his mind from constantly thinking he was going to die now. Because he was, just, there was two choices to his death. Death by dragon, or death by shade. Neither of which he liked any more than the other.

So when Draith started speaking again, the soldier seemed to be listening but, in truth, he was frozen there no matter what.

"So your verdict Akira? Have you decided what's on your menu for today?" Draith seemed to be enjoying this, despite the fact that there was danger. "Or should we decide for you?"

In the back of her mind she was still focused on Elbereth, particularly little Astrea. But, for now, she settled with toying with the larger dragon for a bit after expecting these two were not going to make her job easy.

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Akira thought on it, then released her flame, using a bit more magic, some she was more intuned with, to shape the fire. It veered from Zalik and went straight for Draith, all the soldier would feel was some of the heat, but Akira was even trying to minimize that.

((I'm just not sure what to post but I am alive! xd.png))

The tiny dragon agreed to Jaye's plan. It sounded like an excellent idea but the hatchling was worried about his arm. Are you sure you're okay? she thought to herself.

Astraea was also wondering about Draith. In all honesty, she was just as interested in her as Draith was in her; even though for different reasons. The thoughts of the conversation and just her motives kept cropping up. Wasn't the connection cut off? Do I care?

She decided to make sure Elbereth was somewhat safe using her thoughts. She asked her as always through pictures and now sounds. Maybe she'll be strong enough to answer...

((I won't be on super frequently since school started.... and i still have to get summer homework done....))

Zailik saw the flame and closed his eyes, letting out a quiet and soft sound for a second. He expected to be dead. Seared to death by dragonflame, but noticed moments after that only a little heat was getting to him. His opened eyes closed again with that realization from the brightness. The angry dragon had saved him. She spared his life to get after the shade. He was starting to wonder why when he stopped himself. Everything bad always happened when he wondered why about something. The whole world could try to kill him now if he did so. So, untypically, the soldier picked up his fright and moved over a bit to get out of the way. But not just to get out of the way.

Zailik's head rose a little big from the more hunkered position he found himself in out of fear of being burned alive. He still slightly expected to be burned once this went through, but he couldn't say he wasn't going to just leave Draith fighting dragonflame against a Rider and angry dragon herself. Sure she wronged him a couple of times, many of which he walked right into and rightly deserved, but he also knew that she wasn't always as bad as rumors sounded. Coming from the slight knowledge he had about her, and about this plan, he doubted his input could make anything better than it already was- after all, he was alive- but he wasn't the man to leave and not try. Going into Draith's room was hard enough after the first two weeks she had gotten back to the citidel. Convincing a dragon scorned not to kill the target that caused much of the sorrow she had been present in probably would be equal to that first encounter. In fact, Zailik considered it to be much worse. Though he doubted there was much of anything to be worse than nearly dying by a shade in its own room amid a myriad of various potions and vials. He still hadn't been sure if that all had been the cause of his agreement to come with her. For all he knew he could have been under some misshapped mindcontrol serum.

With all that running through his mind, the soldier stood to face the angry, firebreathing, large and purple dragon with whatever dignity he had left. "Akira," he started, looking as best he could into her eye that was closest to him as well as to Will, for what good it was worth. "I would love to ask you to please stop trying to burn her..." He wasn't sure this was going to be the right choice of words, yet his confidence never wavered. That was a remarkable feat in itself considering his fear of dragons to begin with. "...but I know it won't do good trying that. Instead I won't ask, but greatly advise you not to for simply the reason that there's more to this predicament than you wish to believe. The mere mishap we had with Will was more of a lure to get you here. More specifically to draw out anyone else that might be here, and as well to set the next stage of movement into motion." Somebody had been listening a bit too much to Draith's portion of speechmaking.

The soldier knew this probably wasn't going to make sense. He didn't really know what he was saying, but somewhere in there was the grain of truth he needed. He greatly doubted this next bit would help. "She, quite honestly, shouldn't be your biggest threat in the heart of the matter. Keeping her alive has its perks, as she's shown before and I'm sure would gladly show again." He was finished now, completing the task of trying his best. His speech didn't make sense. It didn't sound particularly helpful and Zailik figured he would be the next target burn. But he tried. He gave his best to a situation he would rather have never gone this way, and he tried making it sound nicer than it seemed. All he could think now was that he succeeded in making an angry dragon madder, and confusing everyone involved by doing so.

~

Draith was overtaken by the fire, at first, willingly as she used some smaller amount of magic to deflect the brunt of it. After Akira started syphoning off the fire from Zailik and directing it more to her, she used a bit more to take a few precautionary measures. Which was about when she heard Zailik start speaking. The confidence residing in his outofplace voice surprised her. His wordchoice also succeeded in surprising a shade that usually is hard to surprise. He was silently giving away a plan that had been in place for a while, though in by no means was he making it easy to decipher. Even for someone who knew it by heart. That plan was very simple and straight-forward, as it always had been, but those types of plans almost never accounted for the mishaps and uncooperatives involved.

So while Zailik continued his minute and confusing nonsense, Draith focused on keeping the flames at bay. Which should have been easy. Should have been. In the distraction that was a surprise, the shade had neglected to add two words into her precaution that would literally keep the flames at bay for as long as they were there. This 'gap' created more work for her to keep the heat bearable, as well as the actual magically enhanced flames from Akira to not incinerate her as the onslought continued. For her sake she hoped Zailik would at least succeed in pausing the fire so that the spell could be set up correctly. For right now, while working at all of this as quickly as possible, Draith silently cursed her lack of concentration for that moment for making it much more complicated than it should have been.

((Be warned.... these might become more frequent.))

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Akira was puzzled by the words and as a result the flames lessened a bit, but didn't halt. She then growled and said to Zalik "That seems like admintance you meant to harm us!" Her tail lashed, and the flames grew brighter, seeming to lick a bit more at Zalik, but still not touching him. He had succeeded in ticking an already ticked dragon off more, in a sense, though he did puzzle her and she was still trying to work out EXACTLY what he said.

((I think I kind of understand Zalik's rambling.))

The young dragon was sitting there. Jayes was being fairly quiet but that was okay. It's nice to have a moment of peace now and then. Besides, she was still trying to sort out the conversation with Draith.

No one else had any reports of personal hassling like I was, not even the other baby dragon. She could of wanted some sort of reaction from me though, a certain state where she could cause something to click in and blow up in my face. Or Draith wanted to test something on me before testing it on someone more important like Will or Akira. But people same I'm something called "imprintable" so that might not be the case.

She probably was messing with me to mess with someone. If you're the aggressor you can get a kick out of it. Kind of like when I was hunting the squirrel; I had a blast, but it was very frightened.

Astraea puzzled on that fora bit until puzzling was boring. She then decided to do something fun. She was going to blow a smoke ring.

Astraea only could blow huge clouds before. She turned away from Jayes and focused. Using her tongue she made a tiny ring shaped opening. With a gentle puff she managed to get a very warped O out of her mouth. Close enough.

((School started... and as of now, I'm waiting on DS or something... well, and something would be more appropriate.))

Jayes snapped out of his thoughts, shaking his head. "That's the last thing I need..." He mumbled, putting his hand to his face. He suddenly had a headache.

He glanced around a little, not spotting Astrea for a moment before he noticed the smoke ring. "That's pretty good." He said with a smile, watching the warped O. "I never figured out how you dragons manage that... nor did I really ever have time to get close enough to one to realize they actually do that anymore." He chuckled. The magician remembered Astrea had asked about his arm. In truth, he hadn't thought much about it. The bleeding seemed to have stopped, and there was more pressing matter than to allow his thoughts to focus only on the pain it caused when he moved his arm. "And I'm sure I'm ok for my arm. It isn't as bad as it might look."

~~~~~

Zailik surprisingly didn't flinch when Akira became angry. He was committed to this now and wasn't the type to back away from it. She was angry, and she had a right to be angry. Even if he wasn't entirely sure what that was to be angry about. "It wasn't really admitting much. Let alone what you took to be as admittance to the intent to harm-"

There was no actual intent.

The shade's comment startled Zailik and probably was intended for Akira and Will, though he wasn't going to check to see if it got there. Their reactions would.

~~~~~

Aside from that short statement, the shade wasn't very happy about the dragon being more angry. The fire hadn't paused, which was what Draith had hoped for, but it did diminish for mere seconds. Those seconds didn't help much and the new intensity from the flames certainly didn't help afterward. The magic the shade had constructed was holding, though the mishap in the construction was beginning to become a nuisance for her and would quickly become more of a concern.

Akira lashed her tail and said "If there was no intent, then EXPLAIN without out all the confusing word play!" She said to both the Shade and Zalik. It was obvious that Akira was just getting ticked and frustrated. She could be smart, but what Zalik had said was too confusing for her (AKA: It was confusing for me and I can't make heads or heels of it) so she was ticked and confused and had half a mind to let Zalik deal with the flames as well.

( I am so sorry all of you, but... I really have no idea what to post for this anymore sad.gif )

Astraea turned around to face will. She smiled (or at least made a pleased look) as she replied, "Well I believe it all has to do with the shape of the tounge. I have no idea why I did that either, but it was a lot of fun to do." She then heard the statement about his arm. "Oh that's good! Glad you're feeling better!"

((I'm assuming that Draith's thought leaked over. It works because Astraea was just contemplating what she was doing. This next thought wasn't directed towards Draith or anyone by the way.))

No actual intent? For any of this? You don't have to do these things you know. In fact, you don't have to be on the "good" side. Have you ever thought of doing your own thing? Even if you work for the "bad" side, you could just stop working for them. What are they going to do? You're a shade. What are they going to do?

((I'm not sure what you can do either dragonsword. Perhaps you could just support Akira, or you could just do something completely unpredictable.))

((*favors unpredicticality*

Akiraa: Since DH's mind works on Random... she's not entirely sure what she meant by Zailik's rambling. Or where she's going with all of this. She did, however, know when it first started. Yet due to distractions and a vacation, she had no time to write that down.))

Jayes nodded. "Well, the tongue shape seemed to work really well. I wish sometimes that I could blow smoke rings." He chuckled. But the chuckle didn't last. They needed to do something, well they felt like they needed to do something, that wasn't against his promise to Akira yet was still useful to everyone.

Their plan about going to get Elbereth was somewhat risky, but mostly harmless. Draith was distracted by Akira and Will for the moment. Judging by her wayward comment, badly distracted too. She sounded almost in trouble. He couldn't dwell on that though.

"So... how would we go about getting to Elbereth anyhow Astrea? Someone's probably going to be watching her... or nearby her... the way Draith was fixating. Even after all that fighting. There's always a straggler or two." Yet he knew very well that the straggler could just be Draith and/or Zailik.

~~~~~

Zailik couldn't really complete Akira's request. He was worried for himself, and for Draith, as well as what the angry dragon might do. He was regretting speaking up, however his instincts knew it was right. "Akira... it's basically that she's not your biggest threat that you're trying to burn. Nor am I, to add to that." He told, with as much confidence as he could muster. It was waning now, but it was a bit more obvious.

Astraea chuckled as well with Jayes. She too stopped when he started taling though.

"Let's see, well if there are any stragglers we could ambush them. I'm only about the size of a large rabbit, so I can sneak through the foliage and get the soldier from behind. Then you could jump in to help me finish them off!" replied the hatchling with much enthusiasm.

((Ooo! I think that Zalik's referring to someone that could be more dangerous then them in the group; but he/she hasn't shown or been able to use that power yet. Dun dun duh! That's probably all wrong as well xd.png ))

Akira growled then said "Fine... I'll let you go... but both you and Draith must say in the Ancient Language you had no actual plan to hurt us, then swear in it that you shall not pull something like this again. After all you can't lie in the ancient language, and you can't break a promise either. It will bind you. If you do not... well then Draith is going to be roasted." She didn't stop her fire, she wouldn't until she got what she wanted, or Draith was nothing but ashes. Whichever came first.

((Akira has requested something dangerous both to herself, and everyone else. Why has yet to be exactly determined. But we'll go with it. Maybe.

Fuzz: You might be right. I was debating that idea too during my Random.. ness. It's missing a ness. Nessy!!!))

Draith growled herself at Akira's request. That was the last thing she wanted. The last thing she needed too. That would definitely set off any flags Galbatorix may have set out to warn him. She didn't put it past him either to already know about this. He was probably watching it all, laughing at her stupidity, right now in his throne. Or berrating Murtagh.

But the shade decided to worry about the fire, and probably prolong Akira's fire too partly to test the waters of an untested rumor that a dragon's fire could run out at some point. So she redirected some of the heat that was coming from the more intense fire, still managing well enough to shield herself from the unyeilding jet of flame. In some places she did seem singed, though she could have cared less. Nothing major was completely burned yet, and the shade planned on keeping it that way. Even if it meant trying to outlast the angered purple dragon. It was dangerous, but also had its rewards later.

~~~

Zailik didn't take that the request Akira had asked of them would go over well with the shade. He had actually expected her to speak up, though nothing came from it. He frowned slightly, unsure if he should or shouldn't go along with what Akira had asked.

He rightly couldn't really, due to his agreement with Draith a long while past. His service to Galbatorix had been overshadowed by that, presumably at his allowence, yet the soldier knew that taking on such a request would likely kill him on the spot just for slightly going against the King this time. Even if it wasn't directly through Draith, or at him itself. It still counted as betrayl somewhere, though everything else they had done up to this point could have been considered betrayl too. Why was he still alive?

He couldn't answer that. He highly doubted Draith could either. Yet his mind told him Akira couldn't, no, wouldn't, understand why her request- more than likely- wouldn't be possible for either of them. Mostly himself. He wasn't entirely sure if Draith could fall under the category even, not being bound to Galbatorix by any means anyone really knew of before they left for a third time from that citidel.

He was going to die now perhaps, yet the soldier had come to terms with that a long time ago after catching a sword to the head. Luckily, that happened to be one of Draith's 'good' days and she had saved him.

Zailik cleared his throat lightly, havng become slightly hoarce in the wordplay. "Akira... I'm not entirely sure we'd be able to..." He was trying to say it as nicely as possible. As clearly as possible too. But now his confidence had waned to nothing, and that was shown readily. He knew sincerity never got anywhere with an angry dragon, though he hoped that perhaps at least Will might understand just a little of why they couldn't. In any other life he would have gladly accepted and taken Akira's offer, never having gone so far as to do this in the first place- but if it had, he would have.

~~~~~~

Jayes liked the enthusiam coming from Astrea. It was a welcomed change from the odd stifled energy he had been getting from nearly everyone else. "As long as we're careful about it, I'd be glad to help you finish someone off if it meant saving Elbereth." He told her with a smile.

But in the back of his mind he couldn't help but wonder what actually was going on down with Akira and Will. Draith was holding them up, no doubt or they would have been back by now to pick up Astrea, but the whole starting of this didn't seem right. Something was wrong here and he was missing almost all of the story.

(Well I know that actually xd.png Anyways, got to get to class, and kinda want to wait for DS xd.png)

((So that is a possibility. *ideas float around*))

The young dragon was pleased with his response. "Alright let's get to it! Oh we probably should proceed with caution, sneak attacks are always so much more efficient then just charging in, and I'd like to keep my scales."

I'm coming to find you Elbereth! Astraea thought to herself. She didn't want to risk another "attack" by Draith.

Astraea began to walk a bit when she too started wondering about Akira and Will. "Jayes, Akiraa can hold her own right? Draith can be pretty scary," she asked. I still remember that one soldier's scream vividly. A scream that I caused...

((Perhaps. My Random hasn't decided.

I will let DS know of our need of her Akiraa smile.gif maybe I finally did something right and have something to give her to post too. I doubt it, as I never seem to do anything of the sort, but we'll see.))

Jayes followed alongside Astrea. "Sneaking will be what's going to happen. We'll just have to be a bit extra careful." He added, hoping to whatever gods were bothering to watch them that they would allow the sneak attack/rescue to go off without anyone loosing scale nor skin.

Astrea's next question bothered him slightly. He didn't know how to answer. "From what I know of Akira, I would say she could. However..." He paused for a moment, debating to let the little dragon know or not. The more information on the shade spread around, the better. Sometimes.

"I've seen some undeniably horrifying things Draith can do... and with seemingly little effort. If anything, Akira's got her work cut out for her. Not only is Draith the most powerful magic-user I've known, she also seemed to have kept her highly stubborn streak." He informed the dragon rather gravely. Memories of Draith's 'accident' were flooding back to him again. Those memories were certainly unpleasant, for both sides of the matter. He shook his head to clear his mind, continuing on with readiness to answer any question Astrea might have on that comment. He walked right into that wall, but Astrea had a right to know. Especially if Draith would be sticking around for a bit longer.

(yes, I finally managed to think of something to post, sorry for not doing so before sad.gif )

Will listened to all of then then he frowned slightly and reached forward to touch Akira's neck. "Akira.... he's right... I remember hearing my father speak of this: every soldier is bound forever by the great language to the king.... or he used to say something like that at least" he told her mentally, his eyes never leaving the man or the shade before them. "i... I think we might have gotten in a little over our heads in this one Akira" he added, his eyes locking on the shade who was trying to still shield herself from the flames and he grew a bit worried, not knowing how much longer Akira could keep his constant stream of flames going.

Akira was even finding it hard to keep up the flow of fire. She listened to Will then said to him "Alright, I'll stop the flow on the count of 3. As soon as I say 3 I'm going to quickly fly up in the air. It will be harder for Draith to retaliate up there, at least somewhat... from there... we see what happens..." She waited for confirmation from Will.

--

Elbereth had half passed out, but jolted awake when she heard Zalik at the last part, along with Akira's growling. She quickly climbed down the tree, and decided it was time to find Astarae.