picknick10

Eragon (semi-lit)

Henry sounded shocked... he ran into the stable untying his horse. He fumbled with the ropes not wishing to be eaten. He had thought the rebels were planning something big... soon he just cut the rope, he then mounted and rode the horse away looking over his shoulder to make sure he wasn't be followed.

(you two do double parenthesis for ooc. I am here... waiting for a chance to post...)

((merp, Akiraa or Fuzz... wanna post something?? and Boom, I said DS wasn't active... I know you are smile.gif ))

((Um well, I'm not entirley sure on how to get hings moving so do you want to skip to daytime so everyone can start traveling?))

((We can skip to morning unless anyone has any objections.))

(Or here, gives me more of a clean slate. I can't come up with anything ><)

((then everyone consider it morning... ....though I've got no idea what to post.))

((Alright... I'm giving this a huge shove and sending out PMs...))

Draith had practically forced Zailik and Jayes to get sleep. She'd left the sleeping idea up to Akira if the dragon wished to sleep, though she suggested the idea to Will as well and took up a position of watch for the night. She'd gotten the provisions ready for a trip, as well as the horses they would need and an extra for Will in case he decided to give Akira a break from carrying anything. When morning came, the shade allowed everyone to sleep a bit more as she went over the last checks.

It didn't take long to wake the group up. A few light shoves sent Zailik and Jayes both up on their feet in a matter of moments, stammering and eventually complaining about it for a few more minutes. "We'll try to find Eragon and Nasuada but even if we can't, the least we can do is help them in some way and that's not going to happen sitting here." Draith commented rather harshly to silence the two.

"This will-" Jayes interrupted with a forcefully jab to the soldier's side. "She obviously knows this will get you both into trouble... though that hasn't stopped either of you before- why should it now?"

"Akira, if you wish, you're welcome to fly ahead but I would like to keep some form of contact in case anyone runs into trouble." Draith told the dragon as she picked up the dropped knife of a traveler that had passed by only hours before. She handed it off to Jayes and walked over to her horse.

The dark horse stirred slightly, its red eyes still not completely comfortable with her around him. She grabbed the reins and patted the horse slightly. "If anyone has anything to do before we leave, I suggest doing so now... we have been granted free passage of leaving and with promise of little obstructions from those in the city."

~~~~~~~~~~~(Over some plains between Dras Leona and Melain)~~~~~

Saphira flew steadily, watching the ground occasionally as the army moved along the paths Nasauda had directed. She was tasked with keeping watch from the sky for anything suspicious as they traveled the grounds claiming the major cities while working their way to Dras Leona.

Eragon was sitting in the saddle for now, helping her watch and relaying the messages back to Nasauda or Arya when Saphira requested he do so. He wasn't quite looking forward to attacking Dras Leona, knowing the city was well fortified even for being a major city. Word had gotten to them that extra provisions had been made to prepare the city and Nasauda had pushed forward on her next move of attack. After all, the Varden couldn't wait in one spot forever- they were already starting to loose the provisions daily that were being sent scarcer and scarcer each package that came.

Akira grumbled and said "Alright. Will, would you like to fly ahead?" She was already up stretching her neck and wings. She slept lightly, still not FULLY trusting the shade.

((well, I tried contacting DS (no response to email or pm still) and I contacted fuzzzzj today since I've seen them around a bit and figured they might've noticed this on their own. I see boomSalmon around all the time so... I figured once (if) we get this thing to a place where people are actually around (which isn't their fault either- I get busy lifes as I have one too) boomSalmon will come back.... their character didn't have much to do here yet.))

((I'll edit with something probably later))

((Thanks for letting me know that this isn't dead Dragonhatchling!))

Astraea was walking along with the rest of the group when she suddenly decided to scout out the rest of the area. She scampered up a nearby tree and looked around. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed a group of people and what appeared to be a dragon!

She then quickly glided off the tree to tell the others about what she saw. But Astraea wasn't sure if she could trust that group of beings.

(I was waiting for an opportunity)

Henry sped away frightened look in his eyes. Luckily his men knew what to do and followed. Their escape plan was find the closest empire town which happened to be Dras leona (Forgot where Henry was at...)

Stoy looked over the hill as Topeznite watched Astrea over Stoy's shoulder.

((I figured as much. I knew you were around Boom, I did.))

As Draith had promised, the small group had gotten out of the city and Surda itself without anyone trying to question or stop them along the way. She had also somehow managed to get Zailik and Jayes to quit bickering so far and ride separate horses. She hadn't, however, gotten Jayes off the question of possible betrayal toward the King. Right now was about the fifth time he had asked the same basic question. They were now well away from Surda though and Jayes took his time to strike up the nonexistent conversation again on the topic.

"He's going to find out." Jayes had added this time, pushing his horse up alongside Draith's odd one. She wasn't answering his questions and, like usual, he didn't take well to it but gave her space on the matter.

"He knows already. Odds are.... well, slim, that he wouldn't. We're just lucky enough he hasn't done anything about it so far." Zailik answered partly, knowing that the situation might fair better if Jayes just quit.

"Zailik's along, or was at least, due to a slight mishap of a deal he'd made. He won't rightly be the one to get into much trouble... especially seeing as I'm more involved in this whole thing." The magician seemed genuinely shocked that the shade could speak. He wasn't as shocked when her horse broke into a faster run.

"You've been involved in the double-cross enough already though from what I've heard. That wasn't your first trip into the Varden's borders... my question is why though? Why do you keep coming back for one? And two- why in the first place?" But Draith refused to answer any of that. She still hadn't actually answered anything, only merely acknowledging her involvement.

Astraea ran up to Elbereth and showed her what she saw with her mind. The hatchling was curious about that group of beings. Could she trust them or were they enimies? She also was wondering if she really saw an adult dragon.

Elbereth smiled when she saw the images and said "Everyone! Follow me!" She then said to Astarae "That's Will and Akira. They're friends. I'll admit, I don't like Draith, the shade with them, but still..." She turned and started walking towards the group as well.

Henry was riding over there fast.

Stoy kept a watchful eye. This day surprised him with stuff he never knew about.

((Alright, sorry if I delayed a bit... was out doing charity work.))

Draith slowed her horse, causing Jayes to nearly slam into it. He swerved past her, stopping soon after. He followed her gaze and noticed a small bunch moving toward them. He couldn't make out much else. "You know them or something?" He asked, figuring by her look that she could make out the figures.

The shade didn't respond, only spurring her horse forward in a trot. We're getting company Akira. She told the dragon in case it wasn't known.

"Yes. We know them." Zailik answered Jayes as he rode past. "This probably won't be a good thing." He added half under his breath.

Jayes took his word for it, though he didn't have a hard time imagining why.

Akira had smelt the group and said to Draith "I could smell them. I also smell two hatchlings in the group."

Henry ordered the men to stop. They inspected some tracks. They where recent. "Boys these are the tracks of a dragon, a blue one. You can tell if your an expert at tracking things. Much says. You men better find something poisonous to tip your spears and arrows in, as they are not easily killed foes." he said trying to sound brave, hiding his fear of dragons. If one walked up to him and wanted it to be it's rider he would probably jump and run away.

Stoy grabbed the lance, though he was just a simple townsman and really only knew how to use it by watching soldier's train with pole arms.

Astraea was delighted at the news Elbereth told her. She followed her rider as they walked over to the main group. It was a nice day out as the sun was shining bright. There was also birds singing and squirrels chattering up in the trees. It was the perfect day to meet people.

(just looked over Henry's char sheet and realized he was a GIANT! 6"9??? What was I thinking?)

Henry gave the horses a break. He was the giant in the group, towering over all the other men. "Men, we are getting closer to our prey. Prepare anytime." he said walking around.

((Boom, may I ask: who's dragon you calling blue? (because I have faulty memory sometimes...) because if you're going after Akira, she's purple. If you're going after Saphira... she's flying for one, has been for some time, and two, the Varden is with her as they are headed to Dras Leona.))

Draith slowed her horse to a stop again as the smaller group approached. She hopped off, telling the horse to stay where it was. Zailik and Jayes did the same, though Zailik's horse- being the stubborn one still- refused to listen and ended up walking off a little ways away. He was tempted to chase after it but did not and stayed nearby Draith where he was supposed to be.

The shade looked over the group, noticing the two hatchlings and the mixed origins that made up the group. She turned her attention to Elbereth, figuring that she would naturally be the leader. "You didn't manage to get them in too much trouble I hope." She half joked, referring to the hatchlings mostly. She knew that younger dragons could be quite a handful sometimes. "Two new additions though... that is surprising."

Zailik stayed silent, standing near Draith but also out of her way. He watched Stoy mostly due to the spear, noticing almost right away that the man didn't quite know how to use it correctly. He also had the job of keeping Jayes from starting up more trouble, cutting him off from starting conversation whenever the need would arise.

Elbereth looked at Draith and said "Of course not. I wouldn't let my Astraea get hurt." Motioning to Astraea. She then said "I see you have a few new additions as well, Draith." She then looked at Akira and Will and said "Glad to see you two are doing fine as well." Akira nodded her greetings to the elf. Elbereth then turned back to Draith and said "I do hope you don't mind us joining your little group as well."

(*hits head on desk multiple times.*. Lets just say Henry miscalculated it, messed up.)

Henry lost the trail. "Men, just head into the town. Maybe nothing was there...". The men sighed with relief and headed into the gates going into the inns to sleep. Henry stayed up, having to bend over due to being taller than the average person who stayed at the inn. He pondered about the strange beings. Urgal? No. Kull? Possible. Old Lethlbraka tracks? Not possible. Maybe it was that dragon that the king kept. He let it on that answer, remembering the feast at the castle after a great victory and seeing the great black dragon. The other high ranking officers laughed when he spilled wine on his clothing. And with that memory he slept.

Stoy lowered his spear watching them intently.

Her Astraea? Draith didn't object to Elbereth's question, actually backing it up instead. "As long as no one causes any trouble." She added as Zailik walked over to Stoy.

"You new to that?" He asked casually as he referred to the spear.

Jayes stood somewhat awkwardly without anyone to talk to. He was half tempted to talk to either hatchling, Akira, Will or even Elbereth. But he didn't. Draith would probably try to kill him for speaking to anyone, or at least Zailik had implied that after restating that she wasn't too happy he had been questioning her basically the whole time.

((lame post is lame... err, well, I have school starting up again so if anyone's expecting me to post 24/7, that's not gonna happen. 7/7 might. Maybe. If I don't have anything else to do...))