picknick10

Eragon (semi-lit)

Sior wiggled a little, suprised at being picked up so suddenly. She licked Avenfiel on her cheek before settling down- probably making it easier for her to walk. You're friend? She asked, adopting her cocked head again. Somebody to trust? What was trust? She had a lot to learn, Sior realized. But if Sior actually got the meaning of "friend" then wouldn't Avenfiel be a "friend"? So many things to ponder...

((Roran talked with nasuada, she is still trying to figure out if I'm ok. Um Clara and ketu came, i helped. Roran fell asleep and I passed out after getting mad about something. Thats your recap.))

Draith woke up slowly. She sat up looking around before falling again. She pulled herself back up. Hope that never happens again.she growled under her breath. Draith struggled to stand up but made it. She saw Wyrda still with Roran and walked over stumbling as she made her way.

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Tyraki saw nothing but a black mist in front of him, after awhile the mist began to take shape;

it was a bright spring morning and a young Tyraki was playing happily in the woods, his mother ran up to him with an alarmed expression, she led him back to the house and gave him a bag "Are we going on a trip, mother?" he asked jumping up and down with excitement. she handed him a sealed letter and told him not to open it, then she sat down next to his father. They both looked at him "Son, we always knew this day would come, we had hoped it just wouldn’t be so soon.." tears filled his mothers eyes, young Tyraki looked out the window, he saw a small cloud of dust nearing their house. but didn’t say anything " We want you to go to your Aunt's give her the letter" a large banging on the front door interrupted her, they both stood up "we always will love you, no matter what happens" she said kissing him on the forehead repeatedly, his dad gave him a bear hug and they ushered him out the back entrance. they pointed to a tree its roots exposed with a hole large enough to fit him in standing up. he jumped into it. Some soldiers and two cloaked and hooded figures made there way around the house. "Where is the boy?" one figure hissed. "We don’t know what your talking about!" his father lied. the other figure pulled out a wicked blade and stabbed Tyraki's father through the stomach, he fell over dead. his mother turned to run but was shot down by an arrow. As she hit the ground she looked over at him "run, run as fast as you can, and don’t look back!" she muttered before being dragged away by the soldiers. Tyraki froze in fear, he was brought back to himself by a blast of heat in his face, his house had been set alight . the attackers looked around in confusion, taking advantage of this Tyraki ran off unnoticed deeper into the forest rubbing the still warm blood off his face with his sleeve.

he would never forget that day

-The fire

-The blood

-The pain...

Tyraki's fission came back blurred e looked about and found the hatchling nuzzling the arm he had first touched it with. it still burned and Tyraki held it up, he looked at his palm a surprise leapt over him. he sat up and looked down at the hatchling so I guess your mine then? the dragon squealed and jumped up and down.. "Ok, that’s a yes then?" Tyraki heard a twig snap and the hatchling backed into his side. he began to here voices in the direction of where the twig snapped "you, idiot! know he knows we're here!"

"He's just a boy whets he going to do?" said another voice

"yes, lets just kill him already, that dragon is probably worth far more than the egg was!" said a third voice

"ok, on the count of three we jump on him 1-2-" said the first voice

"I can hear you" interrupted Tyraki as he ran forward, his sword in his hand. the trio jumped out of their hiding spot and surrounded him their own swords at the ready. Tyraki made the first move he slashed diagonally and the one in front of him was dead, he quickly twisted the blade around and stabbed the one behind him through the heart. Tyraki released his grip on the sword and picked his staff from his back. he pressed the recess and the retractable blade shot out of the top of the wood. Tyraki pounded away at the leaders defences, finally when he was open Tyraki sliced the mans throat. he retrieved his sword and slung the staff over his back. he walked back to the hatchling who had been hiding in the bush "I want to leave here quickly" he said as he started to pack whatever he could salvage of his items

(Um, what is going on?)

Draith stopped walking and sat down again, her head hurting. He needs to stop. he's not going to get anything more from me. I'm done with you! She yelled. A red flash again appeared but this time it wasn't blinding. The shade had her spell under control and the fire began to show an image.

A young girl ran through a burned forest with a boy running along side her. She yelled something to him but he didn't hear it. They ran until they reached a cliff where the boy took out 2 swords and handed one to the girl. If this doesn't shut him out then theres trouble. Draith mumbled under her breath still watching the seen. The girl's name was Layel and the boy was Mait. He held his sword ready, shouted a few words and their swords clashed. Layel got the upper-hand quickly and pushed Mait backwards. He shouted a spell and a white light came out of nowhere. Layel knew how to counter that and summoned some spirits. Draith stopped the spell and the image faded.

She stood back up and walked back over to Wyrda. She said nothing as she sat down next to her and stared watching people go about their buisness.

((a little insight as to what happened before. Don't ask why I chose now, it was planned last night before I fell asleep.))

Roran woke up. His face hurt. He realized he was pressed up against lots of really hard small stones, some of which were pointy. He opened his eyes and saw the stones were purple. "Purple stones? thats funny." He thought. Then as he became fully awake, he realized what the "Purple stones" were. He sat up and said "I'm sorry Wyrda. These last few days have been taxing and I haven't had much time to rest. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful. Thank you for not biting my head off. Saphira said that some wild dragons might do that just for looking at them." He quickly got up and went to snowfire. He waved at Draith, Wyrda, Ketu, and Clara. THen he rode snowfire into the camp, towards his tent. He went in and saw that Katrina wasn't there. He took his shirt off and laid in his bed. He was still so tired that he was asleep when his head hit the pillow.

Draith watched Roran leave but still sat where she was. She wasn't tired anymore and didn't want to risk going somewhere else. She still was upset about what the previous event had shown her but she knew is was necessary to keep everything normal. Draith stood up and walked away from Wyrda. She sat down away from anyone who might think to bother her and just stared not knowing what to do.

Angela, who had been taking care of the Ra'zac hybrid, walked out the building she had taken up residence in. She looked at Roran.

"You're right, she is part Ra'zac, and part human. The body amour on her arms, legs and neck appears completely natural, it seems to be some sort of exoskeleton." She paused, looking around, then cleared her throat and spoke again. "Anyways, Carn did hea her injuries some of the way, but ther'ye still pretty serious. The exoskeleton on her legs and her right arm is cracked, and I think one of her legs is broken, as well as quite a few of her ribs. Not to mention the concussion she might have." She looked at the dragons, arching an eyebrow. "What did you do to that poor girl? Grab her by the ankles and beat her against the ground?"

Draith noticed Angela talking to the dragons. She laughed at the thought of seeing Wyrda shaking the ra'zac to bits. She got up and walked over wondering if she might just be able to help again. Wydra should have killed her instead, or eaten her either way it would have been a good time for her. Draith thought as she walked over to Angela her past images still flowing threw her mind.

Angela looked up as the Shade walked up, then she smiled. "Hello there. You must be the Shade Roran ran into. It very generous of you to want to help us. I'm sorry, but I don't think I caught your name."

Edited by Pierce

(OOC: Back from the dentist's. Apparently my cavity I've had for years finally got bad for them to get rid of it. Eh. Wait, where exactly is the Varden right now? I don't remember...)

Avenfiel replied to Sior. Yes, I suppose I am your friend... She walked on for a bit in silence, and then asked Sior, Would you like to learn to fly? She sent mental images of birds flying. You have wings, and I think they're big enough...

(OOC: Grr. Writer's block.)

Draith looked at Angela. My name's Draith. And I think I'm the only shade here that actually wants to help. She smiled back.

((writers block! I hate it!))

Nick looked around confused, everying was going WAY to fast for him to process. He kicked the dirt and said to anyone who was near "Where do Rein and I stay?"He yawned and looked around once more before resting his head on Rein's neck and rubbing his eyes.

Rein closed her eyes, a deep hum emitting from her.

Angela nodded. "It seems you are." She glanced around, then looked back at Draith. "You can ignore anything Nasuada says about Shades. She doesn't mean it personally, it's just her job to be skeptical." The herbalist smiled.

((I'm going, and I probay won't be on for the next week or so. Sorry. You can control some of my chars if you want to, just do it as little as possible. In other words, do it just enough to get things done. Cya ppl!))

((bye bye! Have fun. I'm going to bed for once.))

I can understand why she would need to be. She glanced back at Nick who was sleeping on Rein's neck still. Draith smiled and looked back to Angela.

((night!))

Korana finished off his final rat and searched the rat hole to see if he had missed any rats. He got up after realizing that there weren't any rats left to eat and he didn't really mind since he felt fine with what he had eaten so far, he looked around to see if he had missed any other rat holes in his search for food. After he found none he returned to Aisling and jumped up onto the bed going over to her and reaching out with his mind. H-hello there creature.

((I know Saphira is reserved for someone, but we need the riders and dragons to learn or get to know each other better and can't wait. In my next post I will bring Saphira into this.))

Roran woke up. His internal clock told him he only was asleep for about 5 minutes. He shook his head, put a shirt on and walked to were he had last saw everybody. Everyone except the ra'zac and Draith were there. He saw Nick sleeping on Rein. He went up to Rein and said "Rein I'm going to wake nick up. I'm taking him to his tent and then getting Saphira to come see you and Wyrda." With that he lifted Nick off the dragon and shook him vigorusly. When he didn't wake up, Roran thought He must be as tired as I am. Roran sighed and picked Nick up and carried him to his tent. He set him in his bed and closed the tent. Then he started looking for Eragon and Saphira.

Sior tried to figure out what was being said. Or was it thought? Fly? Flying seemed fun to the little hatchling, but... how was it possible? Avenfiel said that she could fly with wings, but... what was a "wing"? Sior's wings started to flap as she thought about it. Oh! Wings to fly! It made sense after she thought about it. She had wings and Avenfiel said that she could fly with them! Sior- after much confusion- nodded her head happily.

((Bad news everybody. I won't be on till tomorrow morning. Spending time with another relative....))

Edited by 25937550

Ash looked down at Korana with amazement and replied with her mind, Hello there, Korana. My name's Ash. Well my full name's Aisling but I like Ash better. Did you just learn to communicate like this now? She had a look of interest on her face along with one of amazement. She then got off of the bed, picked up Korana, and went outside to where Nimbus was. Nimbus was now no longer grazing and was waiting for her mistress and Korana to come out of the building. Ash walked over to her, mounted, and then placed Korana in front of her and told him aloud, "You don't want to fall off so grip her main in your claws but not too tightly that it would hurt her." She gently hit Nimbus's side with her boots and they started walking toward Gil'ead.

Once they were in the city, Ash looked around with wonder. She saw many elves milling about and some of them were looking at her curiously but then went back to their daily chores. She watched them with fascination and then turned her gaze back in front of her. She wondered if she would meet another human or elf that also had a dragon here or someplace else.

((anyone in Gil'ead or are you all in one place? I haven't been paying much attention to where everyone else is so, sorry))

Tyraki gathered what he could and repaired his main bag, the hatchling climbed up his back and perched on his shoulder, its tail wrapped around his neck. "Ready to go?" he asked it, it nodded up and down and he walked on through the forest.

After a few hours of walking and talking to the hatchling it was starting to get dark, his stomach growled "Thats right i-" the dragon gave him a look "Ok, we, diddnt get to eat breakfast. i think i should hunt," the dragon gave him the same look as before "Ok, we both should hunt then" the dragon climbed down his back and ran along the ground, Tyraki followed taking his bow of his back and notched an arrow, it wasnt long untill the hatchling had sniffed out a lone deer Tyraki let his arrow fly at the same time the hatchling jumped on it from a tree he had climbed. The arrow hit the deers neck and the hatchling landed on its side clawing and stabbing its tail into it. after the deer slumped the ground the hatchling ran back over to him, Tyraki wiped some of the blood from the dragon and retreved his arrow. he woke a fire and put some of the meat into it the fire and salted the rest. he set the pot over the fire and filled it with the last of the waterskin he added some tea leaves and left it to boil. the hatchling was standing up flapping its wings "I'm guesing your trying to fly, after this meal i'l help" he picked the meat from the fire and held some over to the hatchling "you do eat meat?" he asked it "or are you like the other elves who wont eat it?" the dragon grinned revealing its sharp carnivourous teeth then it snatched the meat and gobbled peices of it while cutting the up the large bit into smaller ones with its claws and tail. "ok.. ill take that as you do eat meat" he ate some of the meat and drank a cup of tea. Tyraki held another cup of tea out to the hatchling and it paused from eating and lapped the tea up happily. After they had both finished their meals Tyraki started helping the dragon to fly he ran along the forest holding the dragon high in his hands while it was flapping its wings, ventually it acheived lift above the treeline before it fell back down, Tyraki caught it and fell to the ground the dragon was smilling and Tyraki was laughing for the first in a long time. they made their way slowly back to their camp, it would have been pitch black had it not been for the fire whitch gave off a soft glow. he sat back against a tree trunk the hatchling curled on his lap "So what am i going to call you?" the dragon raised its head and he cycled through list of names from the top of his head, the dragon didnt react "ok what about... ummm.. Auros?" the dragon thought about it for a few seconds then nodded "Ok then Auros, i think its time for sleep" he said yawning. he closed his eyes as did Auros and they both fell asleep

Draith walked about looking for something to do. She had checked the ra'zac over and determined Angela's diagnose correct. She saw Roran wondering about looking for someone but kept walking. Wonder what happened to Clara or Ketu She thought as she walked.

She stopped by Wyrda which she noticed Nick was gone. Great lost him too now. But Rein was still there. If his dragon's here then why and where did that boy go. She let that thought hang in her min for a second before walking off again.

((might not be on all day.....going kayaking soon I think, not sure but if the weather's nice I will. I should be on tonight though.))

When Clara scratched Wyrda under the chin, the dragon snorted in surprise. She hadn’t seen that coming! And the worst thing was… that it felt good! Before she could say anything though, both dragon and rider had left. She turned her attention to Roran instead. Don’t worry. Though I don’t think my scales are a good cushion for the head. The purple commented, before the human went away. The dragoness decided to explore the camp a bit before setting down, and the first thing that caught her attention was the strange woman called Angela.

She smiled widely and innocently when the Herbalist guessed what had happened, white teeth glistering under the sunlight. Wyrda didn’t knew why, but she liked that fat woman. Then came Draith, who stopped by her side once more. You seem lost. She commented to the Shade, after watching her come and go across the camp. And I believe the others went away to settle down in the camp. The dragoness felt lost herself, almost like a hatchling alone in the middle of the forest in this unknown place. What if we look around a bit?

Wyrda stretched her wings once, and folded them over her back again, before raising to her feet. She looked around frowning, seemingly lost in thought. I hope that this Eragon is a good rider. He will need to be the teacher of the new ones, after all. She confessed after a moment. The wild was willing to help to train the dragons, but in rider matter, she was helpless.

(What should my character do?)

Yes I have now learned how to expand my consious to allow me to reach you Aisling, I am also glad with the name you have given me.He then let her pick him up as they went out to the horse and he finally understood her when she talked to him out loud and he didn't grip to tight to the horse. He looked around in curiosity at the city and watched all the elves go by as they rode past. Soon you won't be able to me up anymore. He said to her with a little chuckle at the thought of her trying to pick him up.