rainface

Hatchlings

Kit woke some time later, still exhausted and dizzy. Hardly able to think straight, she fuzzily noticed the berries placed near her and wolfed them down, then curled up tight against the male Silver hatchling, sighing softly.

Cryptic looked down at Kit, seeing that she'd awakened. "How are you?" he asked, looking down at her with a compassionate smile. Faeyth was lying asleep in the very back of the burrow on a nest of leaves.

ooc;; Wow, did everyone really leave already????

Edited by TheSporkMaster

Kit lifted her head and looked muzzily at Cryptic, finally realizing it was Cryptic she was snuggled against, not Faeyth. She instinctively wanted to jump back, insist that she was fine, but she couldn't even get up the strength to stand, so she just laid her head down on her paws and mumbled, "I'm very tired, but I feel much better..."

She then realized the older Storm hatchling was nowhere to be seen, so she asked, "Did you that older Storm hatchling bring me here...? He said his name was Ryu; he lives in a cave nearby, that's hidden well. That's where I fell..." She looked ruefully at the little scars still adorning her paws, legs, feet, and body. She wondered if she could make the scars disappear with a little more healing, pulling a little at the power core inside her....

~~

"Don't!" barked Ryu as he trotted into the cave from landing outside. He was holding a hand- and mouthful of fruits and leaves.

Kit, startled, dropped whatever magic she had gathered, and it reabsorbed into her core.

Ryu slowly approached Kit and Cryptic, and set the food down in front of her. "Here, eat these, as well." He nodded once to Cryptic, then turned to leave again.

~~

Kit watched the Storm hatchling leave the cave, quickly eating most of what he had brought for her, leaving a few leaves and berries to offer to Cryptic and Faeyth when she became full and sleepy again. She curled up tighter, again, and laid her head against Cryptic's shoulder, falling asleep quickly.

((Sorry, had to do a couple of chores, that's all. =) ))

Edited by Katzyn

ooc;; Okay, it's cool. I was just like, really wierded out.

bic;; Cryptic tensed as the storm hatchling approached, but, seeing that he had good intentions, he allowed himself to relax. He smiled as she curled up against him, and his eyes began to change. His pupils disappeared and the swirling pastel colors disappeared, his eyes completely white. He looked down at her, concentrating to the best of his abilities in an attempt to heal what scars remained. Slowly they healed over, replaced by the pure and beautifully white scales which covered the rest of her. His eyes then returned to their normal appearance and he rested his head on her shoulders.

He never knew when his power within would awaken. His powers were ancient and unknown to any - including him. He never knew when they would appear, or what they would do. Faeyth would have them also, just like their ancestors did, and their powers awakened as they grew, becoming part of them just as they had been a part of their parents.

ooc;; Okie doke! xd.png

Edited by TheSporkMaster

((=D Go for it, Kit will love waking up to no scars. wub.gif

EDIT~ Haha, I just realized I wouldn't mind so much, if you god-modded my characters a little. I know you wouldn't make them drink poison, or put them in a blender. xd.png))

Edited by Katzyn

ooc;; -gigglesnort- Yeah, I definitely wouldn't do that. I don't mind either, just so you know. If I want to do it differently, I'll just let you know, but don't worry about it - chances are I'll be fine with it.

((happy.gif))

Kit awoke again a little while later, vaguely remembering feeling something odd while she slept. She couldn't quite describe the feeling, even to herself, but when she fully opened her eyes and looked down at her paws...they were scarless!

Kit stood in shock, eyes widening, as she looked all over at herself. She turned to Cryptic, and asked, "What....what happened?!"

Cryptic looked puzzled, then realized what she was talking about. "Your scars are healed," he answered. "I soppose whatever ancient force lives in me decided to allow me to heal you." He smiled, flicking his tail with a flourish of sparks.

Feeling much energized, Kit, bounced around a bit, then sweetly licked Cryptic's cheek in thanks, then bounded off, giggling, to find Faeyth and show her what had happened.

"Faeyth, Faeyth," Kit sang out, not wanting to startle her out of her sleep, but not being able to control her excitement. She pranced lightly around Faeyth, showing off her unmarred hide. "Look what your brother did~"

Cryptic's cheeks flushed red as Kit licked his cheek. He watched her leave, feeling puzzled and embarassed, yet was happy she'd done it. Perhaps this was the feeling that caused Kit to act strange earlier.

Faeyth woke, tilting her head to the side. She stood, puzzled, until she realized that she was healed. "Wow.." she squeaked. "That's great!"

Kit nodded, very happy. "I was going to try to make the scars go away, myself, but Ryu," she paused, adding, "that's the older Storm hatchling that brought me back here, told me not to, so I guess Cryptic did it..." She turned to Faeyth, her eyes wide, "I wonder if you could do the same thing? Not that I want to go get hurt again, just to see..." she giggled.

Faeyth shook her head. "I probably wouldn't be able to. Our powers are much different than yours," she answered, shaking her head. "Cryptic says our powers are a living thing, like us, but they live inside us. In something called... our soul... And they go from one generation to the next, giving us powers. But, we don't know what the powers are or how they will work. They are very mysterious.." She blinked, not used to saying so much at one time. "I'm glad you're better," she said, obviously noting the lack of scars on her best friend.

Kit folded her front legs under her and laid down as Faeyth explained her powers to her, intrigued. She nodded in understanding when Faeyth said their powers were mysterious; they were indeed!

"Yeah, I'm glad, too. The marks looked so awful...they didn't hurt, but they made me look and feel weird, like my skin was stretched out of shape, or something..." She shook herself, trying to settle her scales and feathers.

Then she remembered what she had been doing before meeting Ryu. "Oh, right...I guess Miss Shiel has a brother," she began, trying to remember the other male hatchling's name, "...Saka, I think, she said his name was. he looks just like her. I'm sure she's going to bring him to the Caves with her...I wonder where they are? It's starting to get dark..."

"they're outside talking" Jai replied, trotting in happily

((Argh, of COURSE you come in, right when I have to leave. =P

Hopefully, I'll be back soon. xd.png))

((sorry... you getting dinner? if so bring some back wink.gif ))

"Oh?" Faeyth asked. "And the storm hatchling... is he joining too?" she asked. She couldn't bring herself to look her friend in the eye as she asked the question, her tail curling around herself as if she were embarassed for asking.

"I don't know, sorry" Jai replied with a shrug

Kit thought for a moment. "I don't know", she replied, having not thought of that herself. "Maybe I should ask him tomorrow? He lives really close to our cave, so maybe we'll see him soon?"

Kit curled up against Faeyth, chatting more about the cave he was living in, and how she'd tripped coming down from it. Then she described what he'd told her when he taught her how to heal herself. "And just like that, I couldn't feel the pain anymore, but I was soooo tired..." she rambled on. She yawned then, as if re-living the tiredness.

A thought occurred to her. "I should bring him here tomorrow, and ask if he'll join us. He seems very strong..."

((I'm done for the night, if anyone's on...Some stuff has come up, and I cannot concentrate on this right now...Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day.))

(- Toneto, but a newborn hatchling wouldn't be able to run and talk....)

(( I do know , though , a hatchling that stood in it's egg for some years ... And any hatchling can talk , though , not very good I admit . Gonna edit the post ))

ooc;; Aw, I hope everything's okay, Kat. =C

bic;; "Oh, yes," Faeyth said dreamily, reliving how he'd had such beautiful wings. She then thought about how neither she nor her brother had wings. Because of this, she assumed they would never be able to fly, and this idea frightened her.

((hope everything is ok too Kat))

((Well, I dunno if today is better, or not, honestly. I'm rather worried I made a huge mistake and upset my boyfriend...And I'm having awful cramps. Yay, girl powers. sleep.gif))

Kit nodded once to herself, deciding to go visit Ryu tomorrow, and glanced over at Cryptic. Now that the excitement was over, she became embarrassed at licking his cheek, and she flushed, just thinking about it. "What was I thinking...?"

She entertained the thought of going and curling up against him, but the daydream ended as a second yawn cut through her thoughts. Sleepily, she laid her head on her paws, watching Cryptic and her eyelids sunk, then finally closed, falling asleep silently.

((Meh. Babies sleep a lot.))