rainface

Hatchlings

ooc;; Wow, sorry, that was inappropriate. I posted before reading your post. xd.png I hope everything's okay. I can relate to the latter situation, so at least I understand that. sad.gif As to the former, I'll be praying for you two.

bic;; Cryptic realized that Kit was watching her, and he blushed again. He looked away, then curled up nearby to eat a few berries. Faeyth stood, having already had enough sleep for the time being, and creeped out to the burrow entrance. She glanced to see if her brother was looking; he was engrossed in the devouring of his food. She slinked out of the burrow and headed up the rocks, looking for the one who had saved her best friend.

Edited by TheSporkMaster

((boyfriends come and go Kat, I should know, I've had plenty of experience in that, but you should just try talking to him to make sure everything's okay))

Jai curled up to sleep near Kit

ooc;; -sigh- I wouldn't know, but I have learned the same thing with friends. Don't let things bother you, just try your best to fix the situation, and if there's nothing you can do, just leave it be.

((I know, Jaina, but...this one especially, I don't want to lose....>_< It's hard to explain, and it sounds silly and cliche and childish, but I really feel he's THAT One. The One for me. I haven't felt anything near like this for anyone else, and he feels it, too. But I had what I akin to a "panic attack" last night, due to life being shite, and I'm worried that I might have scared him off...Then again, he could just be at work, and nothing's wrong. I don't know, and it's eating away at me. >_<

Also, AWW, three little hatchies in a row. wub.gif))

((I know that feeling cause I have it for my boyfriend, but don't worry, later tonight when you know he's home just give him a call and check in Kat))

((Yeah, I will. Thanks, guys.

I guess I'll keep RP'ing...))

Kit woke up the next morning, sandwiched between Jai and Faeyth, her two best girl buddies. She snuggled between them for a moment, then realized it was morning. She stood carefully, careful to not disturb the other two too much, and crept past Cryptic to go outside.

She trotted down to the creek, where she took a long drink, then relieved her little full bladder behind some bushes away from the creek. Walking toward the fruit bush where she'd picked fresh fruit from the last time, she hear a rustling in the grass nearby.

She flattened herself down on the ground immediately, eyes widening in fear, her tail quivering slightly.

~~

Ryu was hunting. He stood stock-still, staring wide-eyed at the little mouse, unaware that it was about to become someone's breakfast. In one swift motion, when the mouse had foolishly turned it's back to him, he pounced upon it, killing it with a single bite to the neck. As he picked it up, he caught scent of another creature...It smelled familiar. "Kit..." he realized, then stood up on his hind feet, looking over the tall grass. He saw her then, crouched down a little ways away, looking positively afraid.

"Hey there, little one," he called out, his mouth full of still-warm dead mouse. She started to greet him, then blanched as she saw the poor dead animal in his maw. He quickly swallowed it and wiped the blood from his face, setting down on all four feet again, then trotted up to her. "Sorry about that." he mumbled. Then he smiled. "What are you doing out here? It's not safe for such a little one like you to be out all alone."

~~

Kit blinked, recovering from the shock of seeing a freshly dead animal in Ryu's mouth. "Oh, uh..." she began, trying to clear the image from her mind, "I was just getting some water, and food for the others." She began pulling fruit off the branches near her.

"Oh here, let me help with that," Ryu offered, grabbing about three times as much as she could carry. He motioned for her to lead on, which she did happily.

They entered the cave and dropped the fruit into the center of the floor. "Food, everyone~" Kit called, Ryu beside her, wondering if he should stay or not...

"what?" jai yawned, she groggily opened her eyes, once she smelled the fruit however, she eagerly went forward and began munching on a piece, replying "thank you"

Edited by jaina

ooc;; No problem. I don't know how much help I can be, but if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here. ^^

bic;; Cryptic and Faeyth lifted their heads in unison, making it hard to identify them quickly as they did so. Cryptic stood, shaking the glowing dust from his mane before going over to inspect some of the food. It looked good, and he grabbed a little bit of food for himself. He was about to get some for his sister, but she was already walking over towards Ryu. She held her head low in total submission, not looking him in the eye. Crypt knew, whatever she was about to say was very serious and straight from her heart. "Thank you for saving my best friend," she said in her soft voice, her tail between her legs in fear.

((oh shut it, I offer advice and this is what I get in return? *sigh* lol))

Jai looked up from her fruit to see her friend in submission to the new dragon, she hadn't noticed him until Faeyth spoke to him, she took a little while to look him over

Ryu's eyes widened as the Silver hatchling thanked him, not sure how to respond. "Um...you're very welcome. But it was nothing, really..." He paused, not sure what to do next, and on impulse, nudged a piece of fruit toward her. "Here, we gathered these for you guys..." He sat down, slightly confused by the hatchling's stature.

~~

Kit watched Faeyth thank Ryu, then nuzzled Faeyth gently as Ryu nudged a piece of fruit to her, too. Kit picked up the fruit, thanked him, then shyly sat down between Cryptic and Ryu. "So, Ryu..." Kit began, between mouthfuls of delicious fruit, "What are you going here? Have you always been around here? Are you part of a clan?"

~~

Ryu shook his head, facing Kit but watching Faeyth out the corner of his eye, and answered, "No, I'm not from here, nor do I belong to a...a clan. I come from pretty far away, and I was just scouting the area before moving on, but..." He stopped, not sure if he should really go on.

"But?" Kit prodded, juices dribbling down her chin.

"But...I might like to stick around, if you guys don't mind too much..." He bowed his head once, pretty much asking to be accepted into the group.

~~

((By the way, cat gas smells awful.

Also, ahahah, Jaina. wub.gif))

Edited by Katzyn

((you have cats too?! I have four, and yes it really smells when they pass gas))

Jai actually managed to get her head inside the rind of one the larger fruits available

ooc;; Yes it does!! xd.png I have four cats also, plus two that we're temporarily taking care of because our next door neighbors abandoned them. We've also got three dogs and various other animals (bullfrogs, fish, an eel named Trogdor..). I had a turtle named Jimmy but he ran away - so I wrote "Jimmy" on his shell with a sharpie along with our phone number when we found him again. But he ran away again and we never got a call or found him. ;_;

bic;; Faeyth took the fruit offered to her, and lie down near to the others, but excluding herself enough so that she was not in the conversation with them. She didn't feel it was her place to be involved with their goings on. She ate her fruit in silence, then began preening her tail fluff, which emitted sparkles as she did so. Cryptic simply sat among the others and observed the conversation in intrigued silence.

Edited by TheSporkMaster

((Hah, I win. We have 6 cats, 5 birds, 24 fish, and 1 panther gecko. happy.gif

One of the cats, three of the birds, all of the fish, and the gecko are all mine. xd.png))

Kit, looked around at the others, giggling a little at Jai. "I think you should join us, Ryu, " she said, swallowing a bit of nervousness. "We need more strength in the group, and maybe you could teach us to better use our powers?" She took a thoughtful bite of fruit and once again looked around at the others sitting in the cave.

Ryu nodded once, accepting her words, thinking.

Edited by Katzyn

ooc;; Well, if we're counting all the fish, then I win by a long shot. xd.png I had a leopard gecko. -sniffle sniffle- rest in peace, Piccolo. I've had birds... ferrets... everything. What I haven't had, my parents have had - they've had alligators, water dragons (the large kind), skunks, raccoons, you name it. xd.pngD

bic;; Faeyth perked up, listening to see if Ryu would join the clan. She didn't know why she wanted him to so bad - it was something she'd never felt before, and couldn't explain. She padded over to where her brother was, thinking she may be able to join them with the support of Cryptic. She then began preening him, cleaning his already spotless mane.

"what is it?" Kara demanded, she swiveled to face the source of the sound, the fruit however, stayed stubbornly attached to her head

((Oh, poo. xd.png

I have a 20 gallon full of female bettas! Beat THAT coolness, hm? xd.png

Though, wow...your parents...=3))

Kit turned to Fayth and Cryptic. "What do you guys think?" She looked at Jai next. "And you, Jai? I would ask Lady Philomena and Miss Shiel, but they're never around when we're awake..((haha, truth!))..."

~~

Ryu lowered his head as he looked into the eyes of first Cryptic, then Faeyth, lingering on her eyes longest.

((Lol, Jaina. I'm gonna keep teasing you, if you keep doing that. wub.gif))

Edited by Katzyn

Cryptic nodded his approval, his tail curling around himself as his sister began grooming him. Faeyth realized that she was expected to say something and looked up at them. She saw that Ryu was looking her in the eye and she quickly looked away. "I-I think that would be nice," she answered, obviously making an understatement.

"I think he can stay" Jai replied, she rolled onto her back trying to use all four of her legs to push the fruit off of her head

Edited by jaina

Kit giggled, happy that they had voted that he could join them, and got up to help Jai get the fruit off her head.

~~

Ryu stood, too, and said, "Here, let me." He pointed a single claw at the fruit and shot a single vein of lightning at it, bursting it without harming Jaina, but sending fruit rind and meat all over the place.

~~

Kit stopped, shocked and covered in fruit. She looked around and saw Faeyth and Cryptic, and (of course), Jai covered, too. She laughed hard, seeing the shock on everyone else's faces, as well.

She shook, the ran over to Jai and began helping her groom.

~~

Ryu hung his head, embarrassed that his attempt to show off a bit had back-fired to dismally. "Sorry about that," he mumbled, starting to groom himself.

Edited by Katzyn

"what happened? all I know is the fruit popped" Jai replied she worked to start cleaning the fruit off of her tail,

Faeyth watched the event unfold, and another new sensation filled her. She began laughing, a foreign sound to her. She didn't know why she had the sensation that she needed to make this odd noise, and it was obviously embarassing her, but she couldn't stop. Cryptic chuckled softly as well, but seemed far more collected than his sister. When she had finally regained her senses, Faeyth approached Ryu; again she was completely submissive, and she began respectfully cleaning the fruit from his scales.

Kit paused, listening to the wonderful sound coming from her friend. Laughing. Faeyth was laughing! Something Kit realized that she'd never heard Faeyth do. She stared at Faeyth for a moment, a grin widening on her face, and she giggled, reveling in the sound of her friend's laughter.

~~

The little Silver's laughter was an amazing thing. It was like music to his ears. Ryu grinned as he listened, then backed up a step, once again started by the submissive little Silver girl, when she approached him. "Oh, thank you, um...What...what was your name, again...?" he asked, realizing he knew not even her name.

~~

Leaving Jai to her own cleaning, Kit approached Cryptic and shyly picked off a piece of fruit from atop his head. "That was a surprise, huh?" she murmured, then groomed his frills a little, her tail trembling, betraying her and showing her nervousness at the close proximity with Cryptic.

Edited by Katzyn