rainface

Hatchlings

ooc;; -evil snicker- Tricksy hobbitses.

bic;; Faeyth and Crypt awakened, and they headed out of the cave together. Crypt noticed Kit walking off, and he tilted his head to the side. "Stay here - it's not safe out there," he said to his sister. Faeyth looked very sad, but remained at the entrance of the burrow obediently. Crypt bounded off after Kit, worried about her beoing alone in the open. "Hey," he greeted as he caught up with her, the sparks flitting from his mane and tail elegantly.

Kit jumped slightly into the air, startled when Cryptic caught up to her. "Oh, uh, hi there," she stammered, her heart racing. She shook herself, and said, shyly, "You startled me. I thought you and Faeyth were still sleeping..." She looked down at the ground as she continued walking toward the creek, where she though Shiel and Jai should be.

((Hehe, my Technical Writing professor in college used "tricksy" a lot, when talking about difficult word problems. xd.png She was from South Africa. <3 Elderly, white, very proper, lady. Love her to death.))

Now the hole was large , and a head popped up , then it went back in , growling . Then the shell broke and there stood a silver hatchling , next to Melek .

Philomena flew to follow Shiel and Jai and Kit to the creek . She knew that there were the hatchlings , and she wanted really wanted to meet the small group .

Edited by Toneto

ooc;; Oh, how I wish I could go to South Africa...

bic;; Cryptic walked alongside Kit, flicking his tail happily. "So, where are we going?" he asked, looking over at her. "Getting more supplies?"

ooc;; Sorry for the short-ness...

Melek smiled warmly at the hatchling. "Hey little fella," she purred, nuzzling it gently. Tempest glanced it over. Not to strongest hatchling, but it would do.

"We should return home," she said. "It isn't safe to walk the forest with a newborn."

"It can ride on my back if it needs to," Hazan offered warmly. "I am sure one fresh out of the egg couldn't walk very far, and the hill is quite a trek."

Kit looked shyly back at him, then ducked her head nervously as she replied, "I'm trying to follow Miss Shiel and Jai, but I'm not sure if I'm going the right way anymore. I know I saw them head off this way, but..." she looked around, "I don't see them anywhere."

~~

Above them, balancing on a strong branch in a tall tree, was a older male Storm hatchling. His wings, strong and fully formed, were open, helping him hold his balance. He watched the two young hatchling walk beneath his tree. "How cute...", Ryu thought to himself, watching the little White hatchling act shy around the older Silver hatchling.

Silently and unseen, he skipped over onto another branch, which was on the next tree over, following them.

( Here.

Name:Sakka

Type:White/silver

Power:Ability to change into a wolf that looks like this:http://media.photobucket.com/image/wolf/xXxNeko-ZimxXx/wolf.jpg?o=7

Job:Hunter

Personality:Hiper

Appearance:Like Shiel

Edited by rainface

((nice, can we get on wif rp?))

fae looks around for the person thats in carge, she asks a nearby dragon"who is in charge and where is he or she?"

(The names from 'avatar' xd.png Anyway)

Saka walked around. He saw a dragon walking with another dragon. It was a white/silver like him! He ran towards her. Her scent seemed familiar. "Hi, who are you?" He asked.

~~---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~~

Shiel looked at the hatchling. "Saka!!!" She screamed. She ran and hugged him. "Brother." She whispered. Saka looked at her then realized somthing. "Shiel? Its you?" He asked in a whisper also. "Yes brother." She replied. She let go. She told Jaina, "I'll be right back. Oh, by the way, this is my long lost brother!" Then she took Saka to the others. "Kit! Kit! This is my brother. His name is Saka!" She told her.

Kit was shocked as Shiel suddenly appeared out from nowhere, towing another hatchling that looked like her. "Oh...wow, hi!" She nodded shtly to the brother.

~~

Ryu watched the going-on's from above, amused.

Saka waved his paw. "Hello." He said shyly. He blushed. "Whats your name?" he asked Kit.

~~--------------------------------------------------------------------------~~

Shiel just watched Saka.

Kit blushed slightly, too, then realized Cryptic was still there beside her, and blushed even more. She ducked her head down to hide it, and murmured, "My name is Kit, and this...this is Cryptic, my friend's brother..."

~~

In the trees, Ryu became bored watching the young things blush and act shy. He snorted quietly when the little White female introduced herself. "Silly thing," he thought as he climbed up to the very top of the tree, then used the height advantage to take flight, winging off towards his hidden cave, just a short distance from the main Cave used by Shiel and the others of her Clan.

~~

After introducing herself, Kit looked over at Cryptic, then realized Faeyth wasn't with him. "Oh! He must have left her back at the Cave..."

"Well, uh, it was nice meeting you," Kit said to Saka, then nodded her head once. "I have to go back now to my friend." She ran off quickly, wanted to be away from the boys who made her tummy feel funny, as if she'd eaten a dozen crazy butterflies.

As she ran, she noticed something out of the top corner of her eyes. It was...? She looked directly at it, and stared, she realized it was a winged hatchling, flying. She gaped, not knowing who it was. As it flew, she followed, trying hard to keep an eye on it as it flew over the trees she was running under. After just a few moments, she found herself getting tired, and slowed down to a jog, still keeping the hatchling in her sight.

~~

Ryu landed at the lip of his Cave and entered. It was just a plain old cave, nothing special. He didn't have any rock-molding abilities, and hated digging. He didn't even like living under rock, but dragon's instinct told him this was safest for a hatchling, even a hatchling that was going to mature soon.

~~

Kit watched the hatchling land in a well-hidden cave near the ones she shared with the others of her Clan. "Wow...it must be REALLY well hidden...I don't think any of us have even noticed that one, nor all of these other little caves..." she thought, peering into a few little caves as she climbed up to the cave where the other hatchling had landed.

Reaching the cave, she poked her head up into the entrance, hoping it wouldn't see her, but dying of curiosity and wanting to get a better look at it.

"It" was a "he"; a male storm hatchling, almost mature, by the look of it. He was much larger than any of the other hatchlings she had met, but not quite as big as Philomena.

Unfortunately, her foot slipped, and a rock went tumbling down to the ground, making a bit of noise. Her eyes widened in fear as she hid her head below the lip of the cave entrance, hoping the hatchling wouldn't come to investigate.

~~

Ryu whipped around, hearing a rock skipping down the somewhat steep climb from his cave. "Who's there?" he called out, hoping who or what -ever it was would just go away, but gathered a few sparks of lightning to himself anyway, just in case...

To his surprise, it was the little White hatchling that he'd been watching before. She poked her head up slowly from the entrance of his cave. Carefully, he dispelled the lightning, saying, "Oh, hello there." His eyes narrowed as she climbed fully up to his cave. "What are you doing here, little one?"

~~

Kit gulped audibly, and cowered a little, stammering, "M-my name is Kit...I...I saw you flying, and...wanted to see where you lived...I'm really sorry for trespassing..." She flattened her head feathers slightly, hoping the older hatchling was going to be kind to her, since he'd put his lightning away.

~~

Ryu smiled softly, taking a couple of steps toward her to hopefully ease her fright. "That's alright, tiny one." He paused, bowing to her slightly. "My name is Ryu." He took another couple of steps toward her when she visibly relaxed a bit, and coaxed her more into his cave. "Why don't you come in? It's very dark, and not so cozy, but I have some food, and you look awfully tired..." he murmured to her.

~~

Kit stiffened a little as he stepped closer to her, but relaxed when he offered to feed her and let her rest. "He does seem nice, after all..." she thought, then remember that Faeyth was still alone in the cave, waiting for her, probably.

She shook her head quickly, then said, "I should be getting back to my own Cave..." She looked up at him, hopeful, then blushed a little as her eyes met his. "Maybe...could I come back...another time, maybe?"

~~

Ryu chuckled inwardly as he nodded. Suddenly, the little White hatchling ran off, surprising him once more. "Oh, yes. She'll be back."

~~

Kit scampered down the steep hill, giddy and slightly embarrassed. As she ran, she accidentally tripped, sending her flying feet over snout, to finally land in a heap, her little body and legs all scraped and bruised. "Oww..."she cried, watching blood well up from the scrapes. Tears welled up in her eyes, as well, and she began to cry in earnest.

~~

Ryu heard Kit crying outside, and hurried out to look over the lip of his cave. Seeing her little form, crumpled on the ground, bleeding, he spread his wings and leapt out into the air, gliding down to land beside her. She stopped crying almost immediately, startled.

"Oh, little one...are you okay? You must have taken a hard fall...I should have warned you." He hooked a claw under her chin and gently tilted her head up, so he could check it for injuries. As he looked over her face and head, he wiped away the blood and tears from her cheeks. "Oh, you sure did a number on yourself, didn't you...?" He frowned, not sure what to do at this point. He didn't have healing magic.

He paused, a thought coming to his mind. "Kit, you're a White dragon, right? That means you have at least a little healing energy. Try to use it."

~~

Kit shook her head. "I...I don't know how." She began crying again, but stopped when the older hatchling held up a hand.

~~

"Just try it. Here, let me show you how I use my energy..." Ryu said, pulling from deep inside his core to where the magic was stored in his body, causing lightning to form in his upheld hand, surprising the young hatchling and making her momentarily forget her pain. "Go deep inside, and pull it out," he instructed, hoping her instincts would kick in.

~~

Kit tried to do as she was told, and found in her, what she thought Ryu meant by "deep inside". As she "pulled", she felt something happening. Her injuries were slowly healing, the pain diminishing. As the pain died down, her weariness increased, however, and by the time her injuries were completely healed, she felt exhausted. She collapsed on the ground, not quite unconscious, but hardly able to move.

~~

Ryu watched as the hatchling drained herself, healing. As she collapsed back down onto the ground, he caught her, then pulled her onto his shoulders. "Here, let me take you back to your cave. You need to rest and regain your energy, or you could die." He began walking towards her Clan's cave, and said, "You know, as you get more used to using your energy, you'll learn how to better control just how much of it you use...This is vital, and you need to really be careful when you first start learning how to use your magic." He paused in his talking to look back at her, but she was asleep. He smiled, then continued walking toward the cave.

Once he reached it, he saw a Silver hatchling waiting near the entrance. He greeted her quietly, hoping not to startle her, then gently removed Kit from his back. "Please take care of this one. She has depleted all of her energy, healing herself. She took a nasty fall."

With that, he turned tail and took off in the air, hoping the Silver hatchling would take care of the little White one.

((Phew, sorry for the novel. I got bored, and wanted to get Ryu introduced to Kit, AND get Kit introduced to healing.))

Edited by Katzyn

((At least it was mostly meant for only me. =3

You guys don't REALLY need to know most of it; just know that Ryu is an older male hatchling, lives in a cave near our main Cave, taught Kit how to use her powers a bit, and seems friendly. Oh, and that he left Kit with Faeyth, so hopefully Spork will be able to b on, to have Faeyth take Kit inside. xd.png))

Edited by Katzyn

((Maia, you have to fill out the character application form found on the front page, then rainface will tell you if your character is accepted into the RP or not.))

Name:Ursula

Type:Vampire

Power:Make Clones By Sucking The Blood Of Others

Job:Warrior

Personality:Nice To Others,Cruel To Enemies

Appearance:Like All Female Vampire Dragons

Edited by Maia

Faeyth's eyes widened as she saw the storm dragon approaching. He had wings, which fascinated her beyond belief. She then realized that he was carrying her best friend, and concern immediately filled her face. She ran to where they landed, seeming to have forgotten the newcomer when she saw her exhausted friend. She saw the scar tissue where the wounds had just healed, and it seemed she'd had quite a fall. She went to the back of the den and returned with some berries, placing them before her friend for energy.

Crypt returned, having been searching for Kit. He'd gone to the den where she said she'd be, and, not finding her, had gone looking in the unknown lands around for her. When he saw that she had returned, in bad shape, he quickly went to her side. He lie down beside her, curling his tail around her protectively. Silently, he stared out into the land around the burrow, ready to protect her from anything should the need arise.