rainface

Hatchlings

Jai finished her cleaning and curled up to sleep

((gotta go for a while, possibly for the rest of the evening sorry))

((Aww, bye Jaina~ Have a good night, if we don't see you later. =) ))

ooc;; Bye! Just so I have a good reference, what is everyone's time zone? Right now it's 9:45 for me, East Coast US.

bic;; Faeyth froze in place as Ryu began speaking to her, and she slowly looked up at him. "Faeyth," she answered, afraid. Suddenly her eyes went white like her brother's had when he'd used his powers, and a split second later Faeyth had disappeared. She wasn't gone, but had become invisible, for her pawprints were still visibly trembling on the ground where she stood.

Cryptic made a soft purring sound as Kit groomed him, nodding. "A very delicious surprise," he answered, licking some fruit from his muzzle. He turned, and, as she was grooming him, he in turn groomed her as well, not even noticing Faeyth's sudden invisibility.

Slowly Faeyth became visible again, and she obviously didn't realize she had even disappeared to begin with. She just stared up in obvious fear and awe at Ryu.

Edited by TheSporkMaster

Ryu gasped as little Faeyth disappeared right in front of his eyes after introducing himself. He blinked several times, thinking maybe his eyes were playing tricks on him, but no...she really was gone. "Faeyth," he called, but then she reappeared. He blinked again, utterly confused, especially since the hatchling didn't even seem to have noticed that she'd gone all see-through.

~~

Kit didn't even notice, somehow, when Ryu called out Faeyth's name; she was consumed suddenly with the fact that not only was -she-, shy little Kit, grooming Cryptic, handsome Silver male, but he was grooming -her-, as well! She swallowed a nervous giggle as they groomed each other.

((Sorry, Carbonlich, but you'll have to wait til rainface approved your character, before you can start RP'ing with us...But I'm sure she'll approve you. happy.gif She doesn't seem picky. =D))

Faeyth looked up at Ryu with confusion, wondering why he shouted her name. Was he upset? She shrunk back further, curling her tail around herself defensively.

Crypt happily cleaned the fruit from Kit's spotless scales, occasionally giving her a glance out of the corner of his eye. She was certainly beautiful. Her pure colors seemed to reflect her innocence, making her seem all the more beautiful.

Ryu saw that he had upset Faeyth, and softened his voice as he said, "Faeyth...didn't you notice? You disappeared from view. I couldn't see you for a moment...Your eyes went such an odd colour, then you vanished...did I startle you? Are you okay?" He took a hesitant step towards her, unsure if he should feel her forehead for fever or not, not wanting to spook her further.

~~

Kit fought down a blush, realizing that Cryptic kept glancing at her. "Um...there! All done, I think~" Kit crowed, pulling away nervously.

She looked over at Faeyth, trying to get her mind off of Cryptic, and noticed she seemed to be acting very defensive in front of Ryu, and wanted to go see what was going on, but something in her "gut" told her not to. She looked over at Cryptic, wondering what he was thinking, if he was seeing what she was seeing...

~~

((argh...I can't help but feel now that I did something wrong last night. sleep.gif

*sigh*))

ooc;; Hon, there's no sense in worrying about it if you can't do anything about it at the moment. Don't let things bother you, alright? My offer still stands if you want to talk.

bic;; Cryptic blushed as Kit noticed he'd been watching her. He turned and followed her gaze, seeing Faeyth standing afraid infront of Ryu. His muscles tensed as his protective side kicked in, but he had the same feeling that he shouldn't interrupt.

Faeyth looked very confused, then realized her powers had been acting up. Her cheeks turned bright pink in embarassment. Ryu seemed so skilled and in control of his powers, despite the incident, and yet here she was, as far from control as possible. "My powers.." she mumbled, staring down at her paws.

((Rawrrr, you're right, I know you're right. >_<))

Ryu watched Faeyth for a moment, trying to understand. "I have to say, I've never met a Silver, with the exception of your brother there, "he pointed vaguely in the direction of Cryptic, "so I don't actually know anything about the magic your species can do..."

He lowered his head, trying to catch her eyes with his, "I can try to help you, though, if you need to learn how to better use them...It seems to me that having uncontrolled magicks would be very dangerous for you...."

ooc;; Aw, it's okay. I know the feeling of thinking you've done something wrong. -hugs-

bic;; "It's not all silvers, it's just us..." Faeyth mumbled. "Our bloodline.. our ancestors have had these powers since the beginning of time. The powers are ancient and mysterious, and are a living thing inside of us that go from one generation to the next. My same power spirit belonged to my ancestors, and has been around for thousands of years." She glanced at her brother, frightened. "We can't control them... but I would like to learn... But it might not work.."

Ryu sat there, taking all of this in, trying to think of a strategy. After a few moments of silence, he said, "Well, first thing in controlling it, I think, would be to recognize -when- you were exercising your magic, then stopping it or shaping it in the manner you wish to use it, rather than just using it without thought...Agreed?"

~~

Kit joined in at this point, getting the gist of what they were talking about, "I'm sure Lady Philomena could help you, as well, since she is very knowledgeable about so many things..."

Faeyth's eyes began to brighten. "I want to learn," she said, still in her submissive position. "Please, will you teach me? No one has controlled my power since my very first ancestors."

Ryu nodded once, thoughtful. "I'll try, but I don't think we can really -do- anything until your power shows itself again. You'll need to get accustomed to the feeling that indicates when you're going to use magic, so you can be more aware and stop or alter it more easily..." He stopped, hoping that made sense ((lol)).

~~

Kit sidled around Faeyth, touching her back gently with her tail. "I'm sure you'll learn it, Faeyth." She smiled encouragingly at her friend.

Faeyth turned and looked at her best friend, smiling as she felt comforted. "I hope so," she answered, smiling. Cryptic approached his sister, nuzzling her affectionately. "You'll do great," he said, flicking his tail and showering her with sparks.

ooc;; I have to go at any time, so I'll be disappearing in a sec, sorry.

--Actually, I have to go now. Sorry. So, it's 11:08 at night for me now, to give you an idea of when I'll be on. Bye! (Hope everything goes well!)

Edited by TheSporkMaster

((Okay. Have a good night~

Oh, by the way, I'm in Mountain standard time. Forgot to answer, all those posts ago.))

((same and just hit daylight savings time))

((Yes, ma'am. =3

Jaina, where do you live? PM me, if you don't wish to share it on the public forum. =) ))

((Oh, no, sorry. Will edit this post.))

Ryu smiled, watching as Kit's confidence in her friend helped Faeyth gain confidence in herself. He continued, "Well, I guess I'll have to live here, then, so I can keep an eye on you and your progress. It wouldn't help you any if I was gone while your magic decided to make itself known, now would it...?" He looked around. "I suppose I could carve myself out a little cave..."

~~

Kit stepped up. "I'll help," she offered, flexing her digits and claws. "I've always wanted to try digging." She grinned at Faeyth and Cryptic.

Edited by Katzyn

"I need to go get some water..." Jai muttered she got up from her comfy spot on the ground and wandered toward the mouth of the cave

((Edited last post with RP reply.

And yes, it did, thank you for asking. wub.gif Things are back to normal, and it seems I was overreacting, as I am very good at. He was a little upset at what I had done, but he certainly wasn't angry or anything. I apologized, and he told me there wasn't anything to apologize for, and to please just forget it because he knew it was still upsetting me. He said he was only upset that I hadn't told him what was going on (was having an emotional breakdown, and pretty much shutdown physically).

So, yes, all better. =3))

((good to hear everything came out alright))

ooc;; Aw, I'm so glad! -huggle-

bic;; Faeyth nodded. "I can try to help also, if I could maybe get my powers to work. But, my brother's much stronger than me, so he'd probably be a better digger," she said, looking to her brother with a smile. He returned the smile. "I'd be glad to help," he answered, nodding his head.

((Thanks, guys. wub.gif))

Ryu bowed once in thanks, then turned to the wall he wanted to carve into. It was across the Main cave from Kit/Faeyth/Jai/Cryptic's cave, on the other side of Shiel's cave.

He and Kit, together, struck at the wall in perfect unison, each slashing into the wall with their claws. It was hard, as rock usually is, but they managed to carve out a little hole within a few minutes, but it wasn't even big enough for Kit to curl up in. Kit sat, panting slightly, then turned back to the others, smiling. "Come on, guys, this is fun~"