superguy16

Warriors: Return to the forest

Streampelt nodded and then picked up her prey again before heading back to camp. When she got there, she dropped the prey onto the pile and then went into the warriors den, went to her bed of moss in the corner, curled up, and fell asleep. As she slept, she wondered about Jaystar's reaction after she had told him about her having feelings for him too. He looked a bit surprised, she thought to herself as her tail went over her nose. Like he wasn't expecting that I'd feel the same way.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Lovesong was still behind the rock. And she was horribly bored. She decided that she was going somewhere else, and she didn't care if Jaystar saw her. It was too mushy for Lovesong's tastes. Lovesong had other ideas then to have a mate and kits, and deal with all the mushiness of love and mates and stuff. Lovesong walked off, looking for unsuspecting cats to prank. Part of her drew her back behind the rock to continue to spy on Jaystar, but the other part of her didn't want to go anywhere near there.

Coralpoint was flopped, upside down, on a log outside camp. It was a lovely day, and the sky was so blue. Coralpoint was relaxed, thinking about one thing: how attractive Poppytide was. He imagined her, fishing, and hunting, and doing all the other things they did. He didn't have another thought about anything. He looked up at the sky, and saw Poppytide's face in the clouds. He had a sudden urge to go have kits with any she-cat around. He remembered seeing other she-cats too. Coralpoint didn't feel like moving, so he stayed where he was.

Edited by sweepea825

"Yeah that's true but while I was following you guys I picked up her scent and it's somewhere nearby," Shadow said in reply to his question and statement. She had been furious earlier with Trick and Hawk but now she was just feeling a bit annoyed and frustrated. That was because of Hawk's power but most of the other annoyance was hers toward him using his power on her. She let it go, though, and started to head in the direction that she had detected Pumpkin's scent from. She then stopped about halfway there to wait for them if they chose to follow her to Pumpkin's whereabouts.

Hawk frowned slightly when Shadow finished speaking, but he hurriedly hid the frown. Shadow didn't need to think he was angry or anything of the sort; that would only return her fury, and he sure didn't want to mess up the good work he had did earlier. The jet black she-cat was now only a little annoyed, partly from him letting that annoyance stay as to not let his power be spent too strongly at once, but he suspected that it was also partly because she didn't like him using his power on her. Oh well – she wouldn't be snapping at him, so what was the point worrying about that?You know the point, a voice in his head whispered, and he hung his head slightly in a guilty fashion as the voice went on. You know that you don't like doing this to Shadow. You think it's unfair. It was true; Hawk thought it was unfair and hated it. Oh, how I've changed, he thought almost wistfully. The old Hawk from the past would not have hesitated to use his power, even relished the ending result. When did he change? When did this guilt at controlling other cats' emotions, even just a little, come upon him?

Hawk knew that the feeling and guilt had come gradually, as he had barely noticed it. Now, thinking back, he supposed it had started when he first realized that he had feelings for Shadow. It took him a while to come to that conclusion, partly because he rarely had any cause to use his powers. Usually he only did it for fun, to make a cat look stupid or to convince the cat to do something he or her didn't want to do but Hawk wanted him or her to do. Now he hesitated, if just for a second or two, thinking before he convinced whoever the cat was about if he really was sure he wanted to do this. Did he want to take advantage of a cat just because of something he had always been able to do and no other cat had the ability to? Hawk guessed that he had only been aware of it since the battle. That one time he had to use his powers. He followed Shadow, trusting the jet black she-cat to lead them correctly with her great tracking skills like she had used earlier on her prey, allowing his thoughts to wander and the memories to come flowing freely back.

That day in the battle, Hawk's part in the plan was to stop little Wolfkit from escaping and foiling Mint's vision that Trick had so nicely prepared for him. It had been much harder than he had expected, what with Mint's also goody-two-shoes sister Tamashi interfering. Even with a good claw down her leg to show her what was what and who's in charge here, she was still able to mess up his plan a little by distracting him enough to let Wolfkit escape halfway to where Mint was standing, transfixed in his other reality of the vision. Hawk had been forced to tackle her to the ground, gaze into her eyes, and try to persuade her that she was completely safe and so was Mint and all the others. Sure, it didn't work partly because Tamashi was on the side yelling at Wolfkit to “not be dumb” and breaking his concentration, although she couldn't do anything physically to hurt him. But that was only part of it. The other part was that the massive tabby was developing . . . a conscience. Yes, a conscience. He couldn't deny it anymore; he no longer could hurt innocent cats without a blink, although he could avert his mind from their eyes and tell himself it was for the greater good.

When he towered over Wolfkit with the full intent to use his power to manipulate her mind and envelope her in that cozy feeling of safety, there was the annoying little voice in his head once more. “You know this is wrong,” it whispered, making Hawk falter slightly. “You know it's unfair. She's just a kit – she can't help it, you must look so scary to her. Mint is her friend, and her crush. Of course she wants to save him; she probably doesn't even realize he's in a vision, he just looks dazed and blank to her.” A moment later he shook the voice away, but by then it was too late. Sure, he faltered just a little, but that moment of hesitation was enough to let what the voice said sink in. He was being unfair to this innocent little kit. That was why, when he finally did whisper the persuasive words, there was half the power that he had meant for it to have behind it. Of course, he still tried. Oh, yes, he did. But it was no use; Wolfkit's strong mind control and pure stubbornness was more than enough to shake away Hawk's voice and the thoughts he was trying to put into her mind.

Snapping back to the present, Hawk realized that Shadow was already on the move. Hurriedly he followed her, trying to catch up but failing miserably. The thoughts in his head swirled around – I'm developing a conscience, I'm developing a conscience – and made his paws clumsy. Vines seemed to lash out against them, tripping him, although that was just his imagination playing tricks. Sure, there were a lot of brambles, but it was his own fault that he couldn't steer clear of them. Concentrate, he ordered himself fiercely. The little trick you played on Shadow – he winced at the choice of words, as he felt like he was tricking his own mate – won't last forever. She's bound to clear up some time or other, and will definitely scold you for using your power out on her. You don't need Shadow scolding you also for being clumsy and slow. What if we lose Pumpkin because of you? The last thought made him stumble again, this time over a small twig that he could have easily sidestepped. His face burning in mortification, Hawk quickened his pace, WATCHING WHERE HE WAS GOING THIS TIME. As he finally caught up with his mate, he realized with a small start that this was the way to the river.

“Hey,” Hawk meowed to both Shadow and Trick, and even partly to himself. “Isn't this the way to the river?” The tabby knew that it was, and he didn't know why he asked that – how stupid of him! - and he continued hastily in order to cover that up. “That means we were right all along,” he continued, excited despite himself. They quickened their pace even more, but then Hawk noticed a look of confusion on Shadow's face. At the same time, he noticed that the wind had dropped. Perhaps that had nothing to do with anything, but Pumpkin had power over wind . . . “What - “ he began, but then broke off as the jet black she-cat sniffed the air tentatively. Dread descended upon him, wiping away the excitement and exhilaration that had been there earlier as he realized that his mate, the best tracker he knew and familiar with shadows and hiding places, had lost Pumpkin's scent trail. How could he not have foreseen this? It was expected of a cat possessing Pumpkin's personality to go off and hide, but she usually left a clear scent trail so that her friends could find her after just in case they started worrying. It was unlike her to cover it up, and it was ESPECIALLY unlike her to drop the wind completely.

Hawk opened his mouth to speak, to call out in case Pumpkin was near, but Trick beat him to it. “Pumpkin, I know that's you!” he meowed, and the tabby could pick out a slight tremor that gave away how worried the tom was. “Please let me find you . . . I'm worried about you . . .” Now Hawk was thinking that Trick was kind of laying it on thick . . . or did he really feel that strongly about Pumpkin? Hmm, he smelled something funny. This would be interesting, once they had actually found her . . . When the tabby snapped out of his thoughts and musings, Trick was a little way in front of him. Hmm, seemed that he really was eager to find Pumpkin. By his face, Trick had found some of her scent. That was good news, to be sure. A moment later he whispered something to the grass that Hawk didn't catch.

“Excuse me?” he meowed a little too loudly, tilting his head slightly. “Did you say something, Trick? Any clue as to where Pumpkin is right now? I think it's her who's controlling the wind so that we can't find her.” Hawk knew for sure that this was true, as well as what Trick's reply to the first two would be, but he said it anyway.

Shadow sighed sadly when she couldn't place Pumpkin's scent but that changed a bit when she noticed that Trick had found it. She then muttered under her breath, cursing herself for not thinking about sniffing the grass. She then laid down as she waited for Trick's response to Hawk's questions and statement. She had acknowledged him earlier and had nodded to his earlier question about the river. She didn't say anything now, though, and just looked around their surroundings.

Pumpkin could smell and hear the others. They were extremely close, and Pumpkin didn't want to be found. She'd been so at peace on her own, and had been so stressed out with them. While on her own, she'd realized that she wasn't the rogue-killing type, as goodie-goodie they might be. Pumpkin knew she really couldn't go back. Now, they were on the verge of finding her. Pumpkin needed to do something, and fast. She saw some bushes a mouse length away, and she made a bee line for them. On the other side of the bushes, not in sight of the others, was a cliff, and underneath was a small stream. Pumpkin knew she'd have to jump. She crouched down, and sprung up, off the edge and plummeted toward the water...

Honeypaw smiled. "sounds great!" she admited. her smile brightened when she thought about how modest and caring speckledpaw was. "stop being silly! that was a great catch!" honeypaw said. she started to trot happily torwards camp.

Firespirit nodded to her apprentice. "i'm sorry" she burst out. "i'm sorry i can't train you" her green eyes scanned her apprentice worridley. she looked at her fresh kill. The orange she-cat finished it in short swift bites. Firespirit tucked her kit into her warm belly fur untill the kit was barelly visible. She smiled as she reallized what good friends she had.Firespirit sent a quet thanks to starclan.

(i'll add more carries later)

[Just erase the last part of Light's post because apparently Holly and DP didn't read that. >.>

And you know what? Screw the arial font. I just realized how irritating it is to read small, tiny, skinny font.]

Lightnose stared down at Rippleleaf's lifeless body, stunned with grief. Her one kit would never know her mother. She would only know Leopardpelt, her kind foster mother, but never Rippleleaf's fierce love . . . it's all your fault, a voice hissed in the medicine cat's mind. You weren't able to save the queen. And yet you think you can train Wisekit properly - what kind of medicine cat are you? She bowed her head, hiding her face from the rest of the cats in the den, knowing that the voice was true, believing it without any doubt. She WAS a rotten medicine cat. Don't worry about that now, another voice whispered in her head. This one was oozing sympathy and seemed friendlier. Leopardpelt and Wisekit need you right now, it continued. You should know what to do. Help them. Pull yourself together and help them.

With a shaky sigh, Lightnose rose to her paws. Rippleleaf's kit - Mintkit - was already getting acquainted with its new mother, Leopardpelt, who had gently pushed it toward Fullkit and Boltkit, nursing hungrily by her belly. I need to tell Jaystar, the medicine cat realized. The leader would know what to do. And they needed to hold a vigil for Rippleleaf tonight, and bury her as soon as possible after. Jaystar could organize all that, probably call a Clan meeting to announce it.

Feeling better now that she knew what she had to do, Lightnose beckoned Wisekit with a flick of her tail. "Come here, future medicine cat apprentice," she meowed lightly, forcing a smile onto her face as she tried to brighten the dark mood. "Let's go see Jaystar. We need to hold vigil for Rippleleaf tonight and tell her friends and family, especially her mate." Her voice cracked slightly as she said this. Rippleleaf's mate. What would she tell him? How would he react to this terrible news? Or perhaps he already knew - for all the medicine cat knew, he had been outside the whole time and had heard her dying cries. Being observant wasn't exactly her strong point.

Sighing, Lightnose brushed away her thoughts with a slight shake of her head. "Come on, let's go," she meowed to Wisekit, tilting her head slightly forward to indicate the direction they should go, straight to Jaystar's den. I'll visit the nursery later, to tell the queens and Rippleleaf's close friends about what's happened, she thought to herself, but for now I need to go straight to Jaystar and tell him first. The medicine cat padded, with a decisive air, to the den where Jaystar slept. "Hello? Anyone in there?" There was no reply. Perhaps the leader was out hunting. That wasn't exactly good, but she could work her way around that.

"We're taking a detour," Lightnose told Wisekit, turning around again. "Let's go to the warriors' den. We'll tell them the bad news about Rippleleaf and the good news about the new little members of the Clan. With luck, perhaps one of them - maybe Streampelt, she and Jaystar seem to be really close and I think she was with him last - would know where he is." Without waiting for an answer, the medicine cat swished her way past the almost-apprentice and headed for the large den where the warriors slept together. "Hello?" she meowed, poking her head nosily inside.

Streampelt was curled up inside her nest, her tail over her nose, sleeping peacefully. Lightnose would have to wake her up - not that she really minded. The medicine cat was cross to begin with, and having to help two queens with their kits, losing one, and having to tell a leader who was out of camp, therefore making her have to track him, wasn't exactly helping her mood much.

"Hey, Streampelt!" Lightnose called loudly, waking some of the other warriors. She ignored the dirty looks she got from them. "Wake up!" she called again, just as loud. "Do you know where Jaystar is?"

((yes we did; pine just didn't feel like editing and i went along with it...my first post as her after light posted was indication of that but then i had her come back after i saw pine's post as Jaystar and yeah))

Streampelt woke with a start when she heard Lightnose's voice. "What?" she asked groggily as her mind was still trying to wake up. Then it kicked in and she said as she became more awake, "He's out hunting. I beat him back to camp but he might be here soon." She then noticed something on the medicine cat's face and she asked gently, "What's wrong?"

Shadow laid her head on her paws, thinking how much of a failure she was. She had tracked many things before now and never failed. She sighed, knowing that Pumpkin had shifted the wind so as to hide her scent from her, Trick, and Hawk. But why? she thought to herself. She then figured that Pumpkin just wanted to be alone but she could have told her and the others so that they wouldn't worry so much.

Leopardpelt licked each of her kits gently. The tiny one, Rippleleaf's, Mintkit, was in between the bigger two, mewing right along with them. Leopardpelt sighed as she watched them. Oh, Rippleleaf, why did this happen? She looked up at the blue sky. She knew her friend was always going to be there with her kit, even if it was in spirit. Leopardpelt made a silent vow she'd never let her friend's memory die. Leopardpelt loved Mintkit like one of her kits, but when the kit was old enough, she was going to tell her of her mother. "I wonder if the father will visit?" She looked down at Mintkit again. Then she thought of Featherstreak. A warm flutter filled her when she thought of the sleek-furred tabby who had fathered her kits. So what if he was ThunderClan? She loved him just the same. She looked at the kit that had brown stripes like it's father and orange spots like her. She purred, but she was also struck with sadness when she looked back at Mintkit. The little she-kit was an exact copy of her mother: sleek mottled brown and red fur and an agile build. Leopardpelt just knew this kit was going to be a quick thinker just like her mother.

((Editing with other chars in a few min., I'm hungry. ^^))

((EDIT: I'm going to bed, have school tomorrow, but I'll post/edit in the morning with the others.))

Edited by LightningRip

That day seemed to be so perfect. Coralpoint was staring at the clouds without a care in the world. He briefly remembered he'd had kits with a hot she-cat, he couldn't remember which one as they where all the same, some time ago, and he wondered how she was doing. However, just as he was getting off the log, he fell asleep. He dreamed a wonderful dream. He saw Poppytide, one of his many loves. She wanted to have kits with him! They walked off into the woods, when Coralpoint woke up. He laid on the log, turning over in his mind.

Hawk heard Shadow muttering under her breath a few heartbeats after Trick found Pumpkin's scent. He couldn't make out the words, but the content was pretty clear – Shadow was blaming herself for not finding the she-cat's scent sooner or something along those lines. The tabby knew his mate well enough to know that she prided herself on her tracking skills. It was unusual for some other cat, much less Trick, to find a scent trail before the jet black she-cat did. But then again, he had seemed desperate, and probably was. Shadow and Hawk were merely curious and a little – a little, mind you – worried about Pumpkin. “It's not your fault,” he murmured, stepping close enough to her that only the two could hear. Not that he should have bothered – Trick had all his senses trained on finding Pumpkin. Still, he took the precautions, if only out of habit. “If Pumpkin doesn't want to be found, of course it'll be hard to find her,” he continued soothingly, then fell silent. Sometimes Shadow didn't want to be soothed, and you could get a couple of lashes from her tongue if you weren't careful.

Suddenly there was a rustle. A chill ran down Hawk's spine and the fur on his back stood stiffly on end as he identified the rustling as the rustling of something big - perhaps a cat - moving the leaves of a bush. And all his life, the tabby had never known someone who would rustle the leaves on a bush just for fun . . . perhaps when a cat was trying to hide, they would dive into the bush . . . PUMPKIN! His head swiveled around, his eyes managing to catch the swift second as a bushy tail the color of Pumpkin's fur disappear into the bush. It wasn't hard to guess who it might be - after all, who else would be diving into bushes trying to hide from Hawk, Shadow, and Trick in the middle of the night? - but Hawk opened his mouth and breathed in just in case. The she-cat's familiar scent filled his nose. There was no mistake - they had found Pumpkin.

"Pumpkin!" Hawk meowed out loud. He ignored the surprised glances of Trick and Shadow. There was a strange pounding, almost roaring, in his ears. There was nothing in his mind but a burning need to get to Pumpkin before it was too late for . . . for what? What could possibly put her in danger? There was no time to think, no time to ponder these questions, only to follow his instinct. And Hawk's instinct was almost always correct. Ears flattened, tail puffed out, the tabby shot forward, past his friends, and dived head-first into the bush . . . and came to a surprised halt.

For in front of Hawk was a sheer cliff, dropping away a few mouse-lengths before his paws. And below him, plummeting down at a neck-breaking speed, rushing toward the dark, dangerous-looking, river that was flowing along swiftly and mercilessly . . . was Pumpkin.

"No," Hawk whispered. Then, "No!" he yelled. Without letting himself think too much about what he was just about to do, without letting fear take over his heart and doubts plague his mind and make him unsure about this . . . he took the plunge. Maybe that wasn't exactly a good idea, he thought as he flew downwards, spread out like some type of flying squirrel only in cat form, trying desperately and failing miserably to halt his downfall, even slow it down a little. "I have to save Pumpkin," he whispered - well, more like hissed, with his teeth gritted against the biting wind - to himself. Meowing out loud usually helped him settle his thoughts. Not this time, however; this time he was too busy trying to keep himself balanced and not dropping head-first and trying to keep himself above Pumpkin so that he would at least land near her. "I have to save Pumpkin!" Hawk repeated, louder, his voice carrying on the wind roaring past his ears. His fur was fluffed up against the cold, and the river below him glinted evilly in the pale moonlight.

Suddenly there was a rushing blackness - trees, he realized with a small start - and then . . .

SPLASH!

The rocks loomed below her. If she died, she knew the end was for a good cause. She knew she wouldn't die in vein. The rock hit her fur. Then the rest of her landed, deep in the water. A sense of wonder rushed through her. She was alive! She smelled the others, and they were closer then they should have been. She smelled Hawk, and realized he was coming down. She laid still, pretending to be dead. She could feel a gash on her stomach, and felt certain this was the end. She also realized that there was the very real possibility of Hawk landing on her. There was a feeling of impending doom, deep inside of her.

Shadow sighed and said in reply when she heard her mate's words, "I know but I just don't know why I hadn't thought of sniffing the grass earlier to find her scent." I just feel stupid, she added in her mind and was thankful that neither Hawk nor Trick could read minds as their power. She was then surprised when Hawk suddenly called out Pumpkin's name and headed towards the bush that the other she-cat had been in. She was then horrified when he jumped off the cliff. She quickly got up and went to the edge of it since she could only watch as her mate fell. Laying on the rocks below, she could see Pumpkin and she hoped that she was alright.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Jaystar trotted into camp, a couple fish in his jaws. He dropped them onto the fresh-kill pile and looked around. His brow furrowed. A few cats were milling around with drooping tails and sad eyes. Jaystar tasted the air as he padded towards the nursery where he knew Lightnose would be. The coppery scent of blood and death hung on the air. Within it was the scent of Rippleleaf. Rippleleaf is dead! The realization shot through him and nearly made him stumble. "Lightnose!" he called into the warrior's den. He could scent the young medicine cat within, along with his beloved, Streampelt.

Streampelt looked towards the entrance when she heard Jaystar call through it. She was still confused and had no idea what was going on. I wish someone would tell me, she thought to herself as she let out a sad sigh and got up to her paws. She stretched a bit before emerging from the warriors den and passing Jaystar on the way to the fresh-kill pile. She hadn't realized it but she had brushed her pelt against his when she walked by him.

Boltkit mewed and lay up against his mother. He wondered what was around them, for he couldn't see it.

-

Mintkit lay on her side between the other two kits. She recalled that scent she had smelled first.. Another cat.. But.. The scent had gone away, and now she was with this cat... She mewed and her "mother" licked her on the ears. Mintkit drifted into sleep, forgetting the other scent temporarily. After all, there were just so many other new things to think about.

-

Fullkit nuzzled the smaller kit laying beside and rolled over onto her side, pressed against the other kits and her mother. She breathed in the scents of her siblings and mother deeply, sighing. She rolled over to face the other kits again and fell asleep.

-

Leopardpelt licked each of her kits gently one more time as they fell asleep. Then she lay her head down on the nursery floor, looking at the moonlight filtering in through the narrow entrance. "I wonder how long before Featherstreak can see the kits?" She wpndered out loud.

((no time for tags at the moment))

[Lol, Lightnose isn't young or anything close.]

Lightnose noticed that Streampelt's eyes were still blurry with sleep and had opened her mouth to yell again, but then the she-cat blinked, clearing her eyes of all drowsiness. She told the medicine cat that Jaystar was out of camp hunting but would probably be back soon. Well, at least I don't have to wait a while before telling him, Lightnose thought to herself, relieved. I could definitely take a nap right now. My old bones are aching and can't take any more drama. It occurred to her, suddenly, that Streampelt was looking at her curiously. "What's wrong?" she asked gently, and a feeling kind of like dread filled up in Lightnose's chest. It was her face, the medicine cat realized. The she-cat was smart enough to figure out that something - probably something bad - had happened. Oh, well, I'm going to have to tell the Clan sooner or later, so why not tell Streampelt now? Lightnose thought logically.

She sighed heavily and opened her mouth to answer, but before she could say a word, Jaystar's scent filled her scent glands. The leader was back from hunting, it seemed. The medicine cat closed her mouth. Well, that was faster than I'd expected, she thought. "I'll be right back," she meowed out loud to Streampelt with a slight nod, padding toward the entrance of the den. Just as she reached it, she heard her name being called. "Yes, Jaystar? I'm right here." Lightnose slid out of the den and faced the leader, gazing into his wise, experienced eyes. She realized, with a sinking feeling in her chest, that, judging from the grim expression on his face, Jaystar already knew about Rippleleaf's death. She would still tell him anyway - just in case and to avoid any confusion.

Behind her, Lightnose heard Streampelt push her way out of the den and head to the fresh-kill pile. Guess she would miss the news, then. Oh well, no concern of mine, the medicine cat thought with a flick of her tail. She could tell her later. "Rippleleaf's dead," she meowed softly, just in case any cat was listening. It was best to tell Jaystar first - if he wanted the medicine cat to spread the news, she was more than happy to, but he might want to just make the announcement to the Clan and get it over with in a Clan meeting. "It seems you already know that," Lightnose added, tipping her head slightly to one side. "But, on the brighter side, we have three new additions to our Clan: Mintkit, Boltkit, and Fullkit, I think it was." She forced a smile onto her face, as if to wipe away the bad news.

[short post is short.]

Wolfkit limped out of Mint, Artickit, and her's makeshift shelter underneath the tree. She winced as her hurt leg stepped on a river stone. The pain was weakening, and she could walk on it a little, but it still hurt every now and then and she had no desire to get in a fight right then. She nervously looked back and forth before walking stiffly out into the shallows of the river. Lapping up a few licks of water, she walked as quick as she could back to their den. She kept glancing over her shoulder. Oh stop it you fool, Hawk thinks your all dead, why would he be stalking you? She chided herself with a sigh. Although, as soon as I'm healed, I'm gonna give that crowbait a piece of my mind. She wished she could track him down right now, but with her leg not fully healed and.. and she wanted to stay with Mint. Maybe.. maybe he likes me too.. She thought. But then she sighed. What are you thinking, Wolfkit? What about Splashkit and Wiskeit and RiverClan? Besides, he probably doesn't even like you.. But she couldn't help thinking that maybe, just maybe he might. She sighed and poked her head back inside the den. "Mint?" She called quietly.

--

Mysticpaw sighed and pressed her nose into Firespirit's fur. "I-It's okay. It's not your fault he's gone. Let's just focus on Markedkit.." She backed into a corner and sat down. Her whiskers twitched as she studied the little kit laying beside Firespirit.

--

Flamespark shoved his way into the nursery. He saw Mysticpaw sitting in a corner and Firespirit with a kit nuzzled up against her. A kit? Shock welled up inside him, mixed with a little hurt. "Firespirit? I-Is that YOUR kit?" He looked at it again. It was tiny, must not have been that old. How could I not have known if she was going to have kits? Does news really travel that slow in thunderClan these days? He walked forwards a little bit, and his step faltered as he sniffed the air. Faint, faint trace of the forest, which meant it wasn't Firespirit's kit. He sighed in relief and sat down less than a tail-length from Firespirit. "okay so.. I don't know how I don't know already, but.. What'd I miss?" He asked, now filled with curiousity.

Edited by LightningRip

"Hawk!" Shadow called after him, "Why'd you do that?" She didn't realize it but tears were falling down her cheeks. She hoped that he hadn't done it to kill himself. If he did I'm never going to forgive him for it, she thought to herself as she continued to sit there and wait for Hawk's response. She knew that it wasn't fair if she never forgave him for killing himself but they had only just gotten together and it wouldn't be fair if he just suddenly died before they could have a family.

Hollowheart licked behind Owlflare's ear "On second thought I could just stay here." He really didn't like seeing Owlflare like this.Hollowheart curled his tail around his frontpaws staying beside her."Think of it this way. you have a reason to not go on wild rabbit chases threw snow. It also means until you're better you can keep a eye around camp. He was trying to cheer up Owlflare ,Hollowheart left out the part about himself not having a valid excuse not to go on a boarder partol or hunting trip with Addermouth if the older tom asked him.He'd have to find some other reason to refuse in the meantime.

(gonna edit post later with thymekit, been meaning to kill him off for while)

Jaystar flicked his tail anxiously. Streampelt's gentle reassurance, no matter how small, was actually helpful. Her catmint-and-riverwater scent would always calm him down- Focus! he admonished himself. “So... we have lost Rippleleaf. She was a gentle warrior and I wish she'd survived. But she has given her kits to the Clan.” He bowed his head. “I am sure the kits will be well taken care of.” His eyes glinted. “Please spread the news about Rippleleaf. I have other business to take care of; I will see if I can work an announcement about the kits into the day later on. One other thing.” He paused, twitching his ears. “Care to enlighten me about who the father of Rippleleaf's kits is? I would like to know.” He made a mental note to visit the kits later. If Lightnose didn't know, he would hopefully be able to guess the father by what the kits looked like.

"You don't have to," Owlflare said in reply with a small purr as he licked behind her ear. She then listened to all that he said and nodded before saying in reply, "Yeah that's true." Then after a few minutes she added, "You have a valid excuse not to go with Addermouth now. You could politely refuse by saying that you're helping take care of me until I'm better." Her tail flicked a bit in happiness after she had said this and she waited for his response to it.

Streampelt was now laying down beside the fresh-kill pile, eating a fat squirrel. She heard bits and pieces of Lightnose and Jaystar's conversation and got the gist of what they were talking about. Rippleleaf's in StarClan now and I bet she's really happy up there, she thought to herself as she continued to eat. She was still sad that the queen was dead but life in the clan would go on. It just won't be the same, she added in her head as she sighed and looked around the camp.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Hollowheart had a slight smile. he nodded "That I do Owlflare, now I'm the one that owes you . Hollowheart purred, he knew that Addermouth wouldn't be able to find fault with that.That he'd do the same thing if anything happened to Silverfur.

Thymekit crawled out of the nursey entrance shaking off his fur.he blinked a couple times.The kit was the mirror image of his father Addermouth. Thymekit snuck over to the freshkill pile taking a mouse before he could get caught and sneaked out of camp with it.

I'm older than Yewpaw and Strongpaw how come they got to be apprentices before me? At this rate they'll be warriors sooner too...Theymkit wasn't hungry anymore but he knew the warrior code well enough to understand it'd be bad if he wasted the mouse so he reluctantly ate it looking around Doesn't smell like I'm close to the camp anymore. Oh well I'll just keep walking . Thymekit didn't care where he was going he just watched to get out of the camp for once.

"You don't owe me anything," Owlflare said in reply softly as she looked at him. "Just you being safe is all I care about right now." After she had said this, she nuzzled him in the shoulder a bit with her head and purred. She didn't want anything bad to happen to him; not now, not ever. I don't think anything would happen to him but I could be wrong, she thought to herself as she continued to nuzzle him and purr.

Lovesong was still behind the rock, and she could hear strains of Jaystar's conversion. She had just been getting ready to go of elsewhere. Her legs were stiff and cramping, and she was hungry. Rippleleaf had died, and had gone to StarClan. No one knew who the father was, but Lovesong, knowing her father, could hazard a guess who it was. Lovesong really needed to stretch out her legs, but she didn't want to risk Jaystar seeing her and asking questions.