Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

Dearest Journal

Not much has been going on here lately. The Mistress has been working hard at getting all of her crops in before the end of the season. All of the Magi's said that she should have let the keep the solstones set to spring and summer only, but she wouldn't have it. She loves all four seasons, and just wanted the stones to give the best conditions for each season.

Seren and I tried once again for another egg but were unsucsessfull. We have high hopes for the next time though. I've been enjoying spending time with my grandchild. She is an incredibly beautiful Sunstone. I really enjoy spending time with her and discussing philosophy and ethics.

-Rhewi Benyw-

Dear Journal

These past couple weeks our mistress had been adjusting to a new sleep pattern that had left her exhausted during the later part of the afternoon. Thankfully she had requested few days off simply recuperate to that we are all very relieved. After waking up from a long over due power nap she walked over to where two new additons have been nestling under the watchful eyes of the Guardian Dragons surrounded by Magma Dragons who insisted keeping the eggs warm. Amongst the new two new additions were a black caveborn dragon egg (rare to find one lately born without parents) and a silver tinsel. The latter arrived shortly after CB White Dragoon and Little Bronze Angel were blessed with a bronze tinsel egg. Our mistress help cleared up why a bronze tinsel vanished and in its place a silver tinsel. The black caveborn has now hatched from its egg and stumbling about crying loudly. Heheh.....youngling definitely loves the attention it has been receiving from all the clans appears to have an abundant amount of energy. Again to see the happy expression across her face on these two were welcoming sight to behold and hope it stays.

Oh, I've just been informed by our sole Guardian of Nature, Wing Tenshi Guardian four new arrivals had been brought in by our mistress. The new Pink Dragons have already influence them with their songs that will have a boy and girl of each kind. We've been given instructions to keep them with the new hatchling and silver tinsel egg. What will their names be? Rumors are floating about that one of the new mysterous caveborns shall be be named after TJ.

AngelicSapphire

Dear Journal,

It's been quite a while since anyone wrote in this dusty old journal. Glam keeps it around for us to jot down our thoughts in. The majority of the pages have been taken up by Satin's entries, but she's stopped writing and started spending more time with the hatchlings of the cave. She's such a mother, that one.

Well, I've always liked to write, so I decided it wouldn't hurt to share my thoughts with the world. Although I'm not quite sure what to say. An introduction seems appropriate. My name is Ukhiyami, and I'm a male White dragon. I'm CB, but I don't discriminate against others based on their lineages. My mate is Solafleur. Ever since I laid eyes on her I just knew...but let's have none of that romance stuff.

Anyway, our first hatchling (a Magi after his mother) gendered male earlier today and he's been flying around happily, boasting about how he is a male and males are superior, as he claims. His mother simply chuckles at this. But our firstborn hasn't even grown up yet and already she is asking for another. She's been casually saying "If we had a daughter..." so she's hinting that she would like a little girl to "balance out" the male/female ratio of our family.

I'd be happy to oblige, and fulfill her request of a complete family as soon as our cooldown is up. Until then, I'll be writing in here.

- Ukhiyami

~ ~ ~

Dear Journal,

Yes, it's me again. I felt like, as the official journalist of the small family, I should describe my mate and son a bit. How can I talk about them if the readers have no reference to their personality, or their appearance?

Well, of course we start with Solafleur. Solafleur is, to put it gently, a sheer genius. The instant she clambered out of the remains of her orange egg, she absorbed all the knowledge of the world. She has a vast intelligence, and knows every detail on a broad spectrum of subjects. But sometimes it can be quite depressing for her. She has nobody to share an intellectual conversation with. I'm pretty smart myself, but I don't like to say much. I prefer to just sit back and think, analyze things on my own, or write in this journal.

Solafleur always wanted a hatchling. When she gendered, she became a sort of babysitter to all the little hatchlings and even attempted to warm the eggs, but sometimes ended up accidentally teleporting them instead! They didn't end up far, only traveling a few feet and relocating themselves in the far corner of the cave.

I finally gave in to her persistent reasoning when she grew up, and we successfully bred our first egg. She insists it was "destiny" that our first breeding was a success, and I just nod and agree. What she doesn't know is that I secretly received a fertility treatment to bump up the chances. Our firstborn hatched from that egg- a Magi like Sola. We named him Solyami, a mix of our two names. My name means "White Gift" in Draconic, Solafleur's means "Sun Flower," and Solyami's name means "Sun Gift."

Impatient as Sola is, she has already come up with names for our future offspring. Some of them are "Noireyami," meaning "Night Gift" and "Luneyami" meaning "Moon Gift." My favorite is the one I came up with: Tairyami, meaning "Day Gift."

That's all for now, journal.

- Ukhiyami

Edited by glamoursea2

Dear Journal

It is in the way hours of the morning and find myself unable to sleep thus decided to write down my thoughts while they are still freshly imprinted on me. The caveborn black dragon wings have finally grown and it is by the magic of the new pink dragons a healthy boy. It continues seeking attention feeling a little intimidated by the mysterious new eggs, but the ungendered silver tinsel hatchling does not seem to mind.

While the caveborn black dragon spends most of his time wanting to practice flying, the silver tinsel has taken a protective role with the Guardian Dragons over the new additions to the clan. It is cute especially since the small youngling is still fragile itself.

AngelicSapphire

Dear Journal,

We have some peculiar new eggs, some of which have hatched into even stranger hatchlings. They're cute, but it's usually hard for me to adjust to new additions to the cave. One of the new breeds is a dark blue, like the deeper part of the ocean, with these bright mint-colored tufts of skin on its back. I've seen some of the gendered hatchies running around ,and they have slender wings that look like some prehistoric pterodactyl's wings- all flippery and flat.

This other new release is a bright, almost blinding green with crisp orange horns and a tangerine-colored underbelly. We currently have two of them, and all they ever do is eat fruit. Anything juicy will suffice- I'll bet the two of them would live in a pineapple if they had the chance. But all the same, I'm growing quite fond of them, and I can't wait for them to gender and gain their names.

Our owner used to name us as soon as we hatched, but more recently she's been waiting some time to name her hatchlings. When they gender, she determines a fitting name for them. Some of her Pygmies are being used as placeholders. As soon as the name they're holding gets taken, they get another one. The poor things don't stick with the same name for long.

Well, other than new hatchies and new eggs, that's basically all that's happened. Our son- Sola and mine- grew up, but I don't think he's got his eye on a mate or anything. I'll be writing in here later, I supposed. So bye for now!

- Ukhiyami

Dear Journal

We now know what specie of dragons our new additions to our clan at last. The bright green horn dragons are known as Gold-horned Tangars and the blue with green spots are known Spotted Greenwings. Out of the four gathered only the male spotted greenwing hatchling appears cherishing his youth. The silver tinsel, My Little Silver Angel who we all feared would not make has grown into a full fledge adult. Already few days old had chosen a life long mate with a lovely Balloon dragonness by the name of Balloon CB and now proud parents of a Balloon egg.

Our other tinsel, Little Bronze angel and her life long mate CB White Dragoon from what I've notice from afar are comforting each other after their second courting have not been blessed with another offspring. It has been voted amongst the clan that the new bronze tinsel egg that they be its adoptive parents. We shall wait a few days before approaching them with the bundle of joy.

AngelicSapphire

September 25th 2011

Hello,

My name is Mystique Midnight and I am a female alt black hatchling. I know this is supposed to be Silver Rain Star"s journal but he just recently gave it to me saying he was to busy to write. So today MoonLit Marrow and SunLit Holly had a egg today, it was a bronze tinsel. MoonLit Marrow loves his mate very much but he would like to have a silver tinsel egg one day. Anyways my best friend is an alt vine named Meadow Ivy, the pink dragons say they influenced "her" to be female as "her" mom requested. I think my dad is calling me, oh, it's getting dark I have to go out hunting, bye.

Mystique Midnight

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 28th 2011

Hi,

I grew up! Everyone is very excited, but the thing is I am not that excited.........my parents are doing a planned marriage for me. Their going to pair me to a gold dragon male. I know gold dragons are rare and everything, but, wouldn't that make him all snobby. I don't know, I'll just enjoy being an adult before the marriage.

Mystique Midnight

Edited by Dragoncia

Previous | Next

---

Journal, entry six -

I can't believe it. All this time, and the orb is still there. The blue one I first mentioned so long ago.

Aqua's started going to school- several weeks ago, actually. It's been some time since I've written in this journal, only because there's nothing to write about. The only new things in the cave are new dragons showing up. We have quite a few new dragons in our cave, actually. Several Purples, a White, etc.

Actually, a new species of dragon eggs have appeared in the main cave. The ones we got turned out to all be females. We call them Tangerine, Seaweed, Kiwi and Seahorse.

Aqua's always muttering about the egg and hatchling laws- she always seems to want more eggs than she can really handle. I think she deals with the scroll pretty well, even if she's too impatient to wait for the eggs to hatch. No wonder she wants more Reds, she's always checking the scroll to see if they can incubate eggs yet.

Well.

Guess that's all I have to say.

Till next time,

-Space

Edited by aquamarine__

September 29, 2011

Dear Journal,

Today was the first day that I could see colors. It was very fascinating, I do say. There were a lot of different colors, and dragons. I saw beside me, a small hatchling, that was crimson with red and yellow wings. There was also a blue hatchling with piercing yellow eyes and a glimmer of mischief in it. Also, a red hatchling and a white one with pretty yellow stripes on it. They all stared at me, looking at the shine I gave off. That's when I noticed how I looked. I glanced down at myself. I had a bronze sheen, that I admit, I thought was pretty delectable. I ignored the other hatchlings and cast my gaze around the cave.

I noticed there were round objects around me. Eggs. I licked a gray one that looked rough, jumping in surprise when it pinched my tongue a little. One egg resembled that white and yellow hatchling I saw, oddly enough. Also one that had a few cracks in it, with three stripes. The top one red, middle was black, and bottom was gray. I turned to look around when another egg caught my eye. It was a silvery egg that gave me a calm effect. The silver glow lit the cave softly. I crawled to the mysterious egg. Wondering what stunning hatchling will come out of it, I sniffed it curiously, and quickly drew back. It smelled cold, hard, and lifeless. How could something so..inanimate, hold the very life of a hatchling in it?

Already, I was tired. I'll meet dragons later. Right now, it's time to sleep. I crept back to the pretty shell I hatched out of and curled up comfortably. I think I heard someone as I eased into sleep saying, "We will call this hatchling...Elios Thade." My heart immediately connected to the name with a feeling of warmth. How weird...

Tis' a short day, but tomorrow will be long. Hopefully I will meet the person, or dragon, that led me towards my life.

~Elios Thade

Edited by Dragonwing1234

Dear parchment:

The nights are starting to become longer, and the days shorter. Today has been distinctly chilly, although I much prefer chilly to the sweltering heat we've had over the past week and a half.

Tinsels seem to be springing up out of nowhere. We have four now, two adults and two hatchlings, as yet ungendered.

I haven't mated again with Solaris. He doesn't seem that interested in mating for a second time. Although, I'm not sure I want to mate a second time either. Time will tell, I suppose.

--Wrong Gender Yet Again

October 6, 2011

Dear Journal,

A lot has happened when I first hatched. I grew taller..things got shorter..and much more. The hatchlings around me have grown into majestic dragons, as so as me. That beautiful silver egg has become a lively dragon, although, as a hatchling, he looked like a rat in a corner.

Today was foggy. Though there were some outbursts of sun, then the dragons would all clamber out of the cave to suck in the warmth of the light. I took a walk through the forest. It was beautiful, beyond words. Yellow leaves have fallen, along with red and orange ones, each blazed by a darker, comforting color. Some leaves were still green, but others, not. It spent a long time in the forest. It was calm, peaceful, and silent. Later, I returned to the cave, satisfied.

~Elios Thade

Diary of a White Hatchling

Day One

I've never been here before. The whole area is different from my hatchplace, and I don't see any adult dragons I recognize. There are over 350 of them, too, where my old cave had only a little over 200. There are a lot of dead eggs, all with teeth marks, and I'm terrified whatever did it to them will attack me. There are a long of fanged dragons here, maybe it was their fault...

The only friend I've made is a young Silver hatchling, who hasn't aged a day in the time I've been here. There's one with a blue mane, too, but I like the pink-maned one more. She's more friendly. There's also a hatchling that blends into the stones, and it doesn't move much. I hope it's okay.

There's two weird blobs of fog here, and I've heard the owner of this cave use words like "experiment" to describe one and "trade" for the other. I wonder what she means. Will I be "experimented" on? Everything here is so confusing.

I've met what's supposedly my future mate, and I suppose she's nice. It makes my eyes hurt to look at her, though, but at least she doesn't throw her shininess in my face like the others of her breed. She's a little mean, though, and I don't know if I want to be paired up with her for life.

The other dragons seem to tolerate me, though none of them play with me when I'm bored or even when I'm not. They seem... distant, like they're too good for me. I wish they'd be more friendly.

I don't have much else to say. I'll try to write more, but I need to find out more about this new home.

~Unnamed

October 6th 2011

Well, I met my mate, he was much nicer then I thought he was going to be. He was not snobby at all and very respectful. I guess I should have been more enthusiastic about this because I know my parents would never pair me with some disrespectful and mean dragon. My mate's name is Eclipsed Daylight, which I think is very pretty. We did not have an egg or anything but this marriage is definitely going to be something I will enjoy.

Mystique Midnight

8/10/11

Entry One

I'm not sure where I am or where I came from. Just two days ago, I hatched from my egg and started to become aware of my surroundings. Several other eggs were around me, most of them covered in starry-patterns. There were two green things there as well - I think that they may have been dragons, but they seemed more plant-like than anything, and not very nice, either. I tried to avoid them as much as possible. There was also a hatchling with bright green eyes whose body was the color of the darkest night. She wasn't too unpleasant, although she seemed to have aggressive tendencies. We get along well enough.

Apparently, this black dragon, Neon Green Shadow, as I later learned was her name, and I are quite special additions to what I learned was referred to as the "Odd Clan" (such a bizarre name). The leader, Galactic Stargazer, has made it his mission to ensure that we are kept safe. From what I can gather from the older dragons of the clan, this black female and I are something incredibly precious... caveborns, whatever that means. From what I've been told, it means that we were stolen away from our parents instead of raised in the wilderness by them, which seems cruel to me. Either way, myself and this hatchling are treated by the other dragons as though we are something worthy of awe.

I've heard rumors that this black dragon is to be my mate. I'm not sure how I feel about this, but the dragon tamer who oversees the Odd Clan insists that a caveborn black and a caveborn silver will be excellent mates. Such a strange creature, that dragon tamer is!

Although, this creature isn't that bad. They did give me this parchment on which I am allowed to record my thoughts.

Alas, I am done with this for today. The starry-patterned eggs have hatched into starry-patterned hatchlings, and they are quite lively, constantly flying around the lair and proving to be quite the distraction.

-Me, newly named by the dragon tamer and Galactic Stargazer as "Shining Silver Stardust"

Beauteous Beloved (previously the unnamed White hatchling), 10/9

I am now an adult, and I see the cave with different eyes. The Silver hatchling who I made friends with seems to be getting more and more distant from me, but I wish our friendship would last. The hatchling that looked like stone grew up as well. He has a lot of shiny crystals embedded in him. I wonder if it hurts.

My mate, named Silver Triple Threat, seems a little more friendly now that I've aged. She's still extremely vain and I can't help but be annoyed by her constant primping and preening. The owner of this cave had us mate recently, and I was both excited and pleased to know that the egg was of my own breed. The owner seemed unhappy, though, and she moved the egg to a huge free-for-all pile in a clearing. I hope my egg's okay and it wasn't squished by the tons of other rejects out there. The owner started digging into our parents and their parents and so on after the breeding, and she seemed really annoyed with them. She kept muttering something about inbreeding. Is that a bad thing? Will it kill my egg?

I can't leave the cave to look for it, due to the huge dragons from beforehand with fangs that are at least as long as my paw. They keep snickering at a shiny bronze-colored egg in the cave, like they want to eat it, though they protect a hatchling that seems to be dead with their lives. I wonder what's going on with them. I found a long stick that was blown into the cave on a storm wind. I think I'll hold onto it, just in case those fanged menaces come near me.

The shiny bronze egg matches the color of the shiny dragons. They're the same breed, apparently, as my mate, but they have totally different colors. At any rate, they keep a close eye on the egg, especially one. There's also another White dragon that hangs around the egg a lot. I've tried talking to him, but he seems worried that his child will disappear. Poor guy.

The fogball that my owner calls an experiment is still there, and I'm starting to get worried for its health. It doesn't have too much time left to live, but none of the other dragons seem to be worried. It must be a routine thing. Does this mean my owner is a murderer, that she kills dragons for sport? I'm going to stick close to my mate now, just in case.

Here come the fanged dragons, staring with their mouths watering at the bronze-colored egg. I'll go make sure they aren't up to anything bad. Until next time.

~Beauteous Beloved

October 9th, 2011

It's a normal day, the sun shining a bit, but foggy at times. My owner bred up all their dragons, now waiting till she can. She also successfully made a tinsel egg, but abandoning it. When I make an egg, probably she'll do that. I don't know if I should be sad.

My owner can't wait till the paper and nebula egg will hatch, so she can get more eggs. She is also ecstatic that she managed to get some CB stripes. I don't see how. They are just dragons all the same. After failing to make a silver tinsel and a magma egg, she is discouraged. She is heading off to stalk the cave an AP now, while I will go hunting.

~Elios Thade

Dear parchment:

Cold tonight! I don't think I'll be going exploring. Not if I can help it. I'll just stay here, curled up in my warm nest. Along with the Pygmies, who must've crept in when I wasn't looking. Company is nice though.

Not much else to report really. We've had a tiny egg randomly appear. Don't know what that is going to hatch into. Certainly not a dragon, since it's too small to be even a Pygmy.

-- Wrong Gender Yet Again

9/10/11

Entry Two

I've now reached maturity, and, as such, I am considered to be a full-fledged member of the clan. The other dragons seem to have accepted me into their rankings, although some still seem unsure about my presence, and as such, avoid me.

There are only a few other members in the clan that are considered to be "metallics". I've recently met the one other silver dragon of the clan, Odd Silver Star. She's a female, and is a bit older than myself, and was the first metallic to join the Odd Clan. As such, the older metallics (they all seem to be something referred to as "tinsels", and, as such, go around wrapping themselves up in tinsel, which seems awfully silly to me) go to her for guidance. Many of them refuse to go to the clan leader, Galactic Stargazer, claiming that as a non-metallic, he doesn't understand their individual needs. He seems like a fine dragon to me... a bit spacey at times, but an adequate leader.

One of the tinsels... a bronze, named Coppertone Thuwed, is quite fun to be around, although she does come off as brash on occasion. I like her much better than Golden Spatula Dorkface (what a silly name for a dragon! Only that ridiculous dragon tamer who oversees the Odd Clan could come up with such a ridiculous thing), who takes it upon herself to boss around the other metallics like their unofficial leader, simply because she is a golden tinsel descended from Midas Dorkface and of a lower generation than the others. She seems particularly standoffish towards me; perhaps it is because I'm caveborn, which seems to denote a high importance? I may never know.

Soon, I am to see if I will be mated to Neon Green Shadow (it doesn't seem as though Galactic Stargazer or the dragon tamer have discussed the matter with her as of yet; perhaps they fear her? From what I've heard, she is an incredibly powerful dragon, and those of her breed have been described as fickle when choosing mates). As of yet, there are not enough dragons who would be available to help take care for all of the eggs if we were to be successful in our breeding, and our offspring would have to be abandoned in that situation, which none of the members of the clan want.

Hopefully, things will go well with Neon Green Shadow (I would rather her not harm my newly grown silver scales if she finds that I do not meet her standards for a mate).

-Shining Silver Stardust

Dear Journal,

Erallaine and I bred our fifth egg yesterday. Now we are the proud parents of two Red Stripes, one Green Stripe, one Blue Stripe, and, yes, a Black Stripe. According to the many humans scurrying about the cave and collecting eggs like mad, 2nd gen PB Stripes are valued, but no matter the worth of my eggs, I will always be sad to see them go. None of them live with us- as soon as they are bred, they are traded away and raised by other owners. Erallaine and I have successfully bred every time, and the look on her face when she sees the egg for the first time is priceless. When the time comes and the unborn child is given away, out of her sight forever, I can't stand to look at her. She always seems absolutely crushed. I hope that one day we will be able to keep an egg of ours, but for now our offspring are nothing more than pictures on a scroll.

On the other hand, today was a good day despite the loss of our fifth egg. We had a nice cold front come through and cool us off after months of merciless heat. The hatchlings were thrilled, and for a little while it was fun for them as they tackled each other in piles of crisp Fall leaves and clambered up the peeling trunks of trees. Eventually they came stumbling back into the cave, feet numb and teeth chattering. They all curled up against the warmth of their mothers' bodies or just continued their roughhousing inside rather than outside. I can't wait for Winter- it will be my first Winter yet. I am young, only months old, but already a wise adult. Yet I have never seen Christmas lights or smelled an evergreen Christmas tree before. I can't wait- not for the presents, but for the celebration, the mood, the overall feel of the Holidays. I already know I'm going to love Winter. And it doesn't snow here, so I won't be suffering from frostbite instead of celebrating on Christmas day.

- Elwynn

Dear Journal

I am not quite sure why I am writing this. Maybe it is for fun. Maybe I'm doing it because I think I'll need it in the future. Maybe I'm doing it to help fill the hazy spots of memory in my life.

My memories are hazy. My name is Dark Misfit, which fits me perfectly. I don't remember much as an early hatchling or an egg. My master has researched my lineage and found that my mother was a geode dragon and my father was a black dragon, like me. However, the differences between us were immense, the biggest being that he was the rare 'alt' black, meaning that he was much darker, much smoother, much sleeker than me. I was, and am, a simple common black dragon, with nothing interesting to define me.

My master and I assume I was abandoned because of this, because I didn't possess this incredible beauty. My memory starts stumbling around a pile of eggs, all of them abandoned by other masters. I think there was a day glory there, but I am not sure.

I was soon picked up and given a home in the large network of caves on the side of a cliff where I live now. I was raised with quite a few other hatchlings, although I only clearly remember one. Don't Judge a Book by Its Cover, a female geode dragon, always stood out to me.

The other dragons often show aggression towards me because I am a natural warrior. It is true, I often feel the need to fight and am good at it as well, but that doesn't mean fighting is my life. It's gotten to the point where I have moved deep within the network of caves, living in a small private cave that can barely fit me curled up. However, I love it here. What else could I do? It's the only thing I know of life.

26/10/11

Entry Three

I have not yet found a mate yet, regrettably. I was unable to mate with Neon Green Shadow; she rejected me and now, won't come near me. I'm not sure why, but she doesn't seem to like other dragons. I don't feel too bad about the rejection; she rejected a silver tinsel male as well. Still, I would like to have a mate.

There is a lovely ribbon dancer dragon named The Epic Grinch that I am interested in. As of yet, she seems uninterested in me, but that isn't an outright refusal in itself. Still, I wonder if we will ever be able to mate together. She has a long history with one of the Stargazer nebulas in the Clan, and I'm not sure that she will give that up for me.

There's another ribbon dancer in the clan, named "A Christmas Ribbon", who doesn't seem to have a mate. Perhaps I should look into getting to know her.

Right now, eggs that I haven't seen before have started floating around. The dragon tamer says that these are "holiday eggs" for the Halloween dragons (I've only ever seen three of these in my life; all female - one is very small and orange, and has a strange affinity for pumpkins, and the other two are bony and smell of death). Apparently, there will be a new breed of dragon very soon. The dragon tamer wants to collect as many of these new dragons as possible. Hopefully, these new dragons will not be as strange as the other Halloween dragons.

-Shining Silver Stardust

Isiwen's Journal:

Breed: Ochredrake

Egg Stolen on: Oct 23, 2011

Hatched on: Oct 26, 2011

Journal Entry One: (October 26th)

I felt warm, laying in a soft blanket. I was in some kind of dark place, yet I felt safe. A muffled humming filled my ears. What was it, that sound? I laid still and focused on the noise. It was a sweet sound, cheerful. I moved slightly, stretching out. As I moved there was a slight *Crack*. A beam of light shone through. Different smells began to fill my nose. I was intrigued, moving around to get a better look. The sounds, those smells and bright lights got the better of me. I pushed myself out of the 'thing' that was incasing me. It seemed so bright out here, my eyes focused in on something. A face looked down on me, lovingly yet curious. 'Oooh so thats where the sound was coming from' I thought as the face smiled and continued humming the sweet Lullaby that stuck in my head.

A cool breeze made me shudder. I stretched, it felt so good. As I began to move I noticed something beneath my feet. It was damp and kind of fuzzy, yet smelt fresh and had a bright colour to it, green. I moved again, tripping over something hard and grey. As I picked myself up and steadied my legs and looked up taking in all the colours, sounds and smells around me.

The sound came back and the face reappeared, and as i opened my snout I was surprised to hear that I too could sing along. This place was exciting and full of new thing to explore. I think im going to like it out here.

July/6/703 AF (After Formation- it means how long it's been since their clan was formed.)

Dear journal,

I don't even want to start one of these. But Hamay says the cave needs someone to keep its daily history so even if something happens, our story will go on. She's so dramatic, nothing will happen I don't think. The only dragons that pose any threat are those stripeless stripes that Kolquwar has rallied up. But that's beside the point right now. I'll elaborate on those goons later.

Well, journal who I've decided to name Ahiru because that's what Hyaoni's nickname for me is (Must be 'writer' or 'scribe' in Japanese or something.), let me introduce myself. I am Mlagern the magi dragon, unofficial name-rater and semi-official scribe of the cave. Pleased to make your acquantence. From now on in I will be keeping a record of daily events that go on in our wonderful clan life for future people to see someday hopefully, even though because I have a freeze spell on me I'll probably live forever unless I acidentally stab myself with a pen tipped with poison or something. Nevertheless, dear Ahiru, you will be around for many years to come.

Well, let's make some use of this page already... what did happen today? Hmm... Ah! Garganor's son started showing little stubby, featherless wings today. It's his first born so he's with him almost every waking moment. Too bad Garnogor isn't a silver like his dad. White dragons are okay for healing and stuff but other than that they just eat the greenery off the trees and all the fruits from the plants around. Not that I dislike Paie or Aegen! In fact Paie-

The rest of the page is blotted out with black ink, like a makeshift white-out. You have to turn three pages over before the ink stopped bleeding through the pages and Mlagern resumed writing. The silly boy must have tipped his ink.

-is actually really nice to me. Despite how she was raised by wolves and sniffs your rear end to greet you, she's fun to hang out with; and do I honestly give any reason to dislike Aegen? Garganor has a beautiful mate in her, both body and soul. Anyway, it's getting dark out and my witchlight is dwindling due to me being so tired. I'm going to crash in bed now. I'll make an update tomorrow, see ya then!

~A scribe who is very happy to not be writing in the third person.

(This is fun, expect more from me :3)

(This seems like fun, so I want to give it a go.)

Entry 1- First day of the Ninth month

Silri, my...erhm- our Keeper, has told me that I should take up the habit of writing in a journal. She says that it will help me when I need to vent my frustrations or if I simply want to look back on fond memories of our adventures together. I do admit that it will be nice to record all of the interesting facts I have learned. I used to rely on Silri as my confidant, but now that our clan has started to grow quite large, it's hard for her to find the time anymore. Especially since my nocturnal habits rarely coincide with hers. We still go on our nightly outings together, but that isn't enough for me. Most of my other clanmates are not the... intellectual type. Which I think is a gracious opinion. Silri is one of the few I can engage with in intelligent conversation. At my Keeper's insistence, I have given the others more chances than they deserve. Even if I did wish to talk to them, most of my clanmates feel uncomfortable around me. It is not as though I have any desire to turn their eggs- only if Silri asks will I do something of that nature. Not even Lucita, my fellow vampire, enjoys being around me very much. But we vampires are solitary creatures. Silri jokes about me being spoiled. I do not think so, and wish she would stop saying that. I deserve priority for her attention. I was her first egg, after all. Sometimes I miss the days when it was just Silri and my three other hatchmates living together, as infuriating as they were-and still are. Our cave was much more humble then, and I do not regret the luxuries we have come to enjoy-far from it- but I am tired of vying for her attention. I think that's enough useless prattling on this scroll for one night. I can hear Silri chirping in excitement- she's probably found some new eggs. Oh, how wonderful. It would have been a shame to get accustomed to the peaceful egg chamber.

Entry 2- Second day of the Ninth month

Of course, I was correct. It has been some months since Silri has brought home eggs. Her tutelage under dragon keeper Rhyslen left little time for nurturing new young ones. Alistaire, with his insufferable righteousness, was lost without any eggs or hatchlings to guard. It seems guarding the cave with Linsha isn't enough for him to do. And Xiao Qiao would not stop twittering wherever she went, though thankfully Lyu manages to keep the pink quiet a majority of the time. I found the quiet a welcome relief. I have never found little ones appealing, and don't see why so many of my clanmates wish to have them. Silri and I credit this to my undead state. It's a hypothesis I cannont fault, though there's little evidence to support it. But back to my original topic, Silri has indeed brought some new eggs to the cave. She and I browsed through the library to try and determine what breeds she had found. Kalaharihk recognized the red speckled one as a Sunstone, but the blue ones were a mystery. It felt so good to pour over tomes with Silri once again- hunting for knowledge! Even if it wasn't a physical adventure, it filled me with an excitement I haven't felt in a long time. Our research was fruitful- they were Moonstone eggs, another breed of nocturnal dragon. This was a relief to me, as us nocturnal beings tend to be more sensible than our diurnal kin- and far less loud. The last egg took much longer to determine. There was no doubt in anyone's mind it was a pygmy. Pygmy eggs are ridiculously tiny. I would imagine Lyu and Xiao have to be careful while tending pygmy eggs, so they do not accidentally step on or inhale the small things. The only question was what species of pygmy it was. Little research has been conducted on pygmy biology, and their relationships with larger dragons is still unknown. After a full night of research the identity of the pygmy is still unknown. The only clue we really have is the color of the egg, which is a dull blue, and the weight. Silri keeps remarking about its weight, and so do Lyu and Xiao. Alistaire was as overjoyed as Silri, and both Xiao and Lyu are looking forward to nurturing these new additions. I don't really see why the pinks' assistance is necessary, as me and my hatchmates got along just fine without them, and Xiao is always chattering. But they do allow Silri to spend more time out on adventures with me, so I suppose I cannot complain.