Jumonji

Kingdom Hearts.

You also miss out on knowing almost half of the Organization XIII members.

My favorite game series (Baten Kaitos) has a prequel which pretty much spoils all the "mystery" of the first game. If you play them in the order they were made, all the plot twists are shocking, if you play them in timeline order, half the twists are ruined.

You probably shouldn't play BBS then.

I understand where you're coming from with the order. Of course, I play them as they come out, but now that I've played them all and are replaying them, I'm going in order to get the story from beginning to end. It's just the way I work.

... ;A; I feel weird now.

I understand where you're coming from with the order. Of course, I play them as they come out, but now that I've played them all and are replaying them, I'm going in order to get the story from beginning to end. It's just the way I work.

... ;A; I feel weird now.

Honestly, I don't care what order you play them in after the fact. But the first time they're played, it should be in release order.

You can watch Star Wars however you want after you've seen it, but I'm a firm believe in the Original Triology, then the Prequel Triology.

Honestly, I don't care what order you play them in after the fact. But the first time they're played, it should be in release order.

That is a little... Harsh. I feel like I'm being told what to do with the games I collect.

They're just games. Take a breath, man.

That is a little... Harsh. I feel like I'm being told what to do with the games I collect.

They're just games. Take a breath, man.

I'm a firm believer in this as a writer. There is a reason Nomura released Birth By Sleep after he released the others, and there's a reason that Nomura made 358 after we'd already knew who Roxas was instead of using it to introduce him to us.

Like I said. Play them however you like, but I firmly believe the first time it's done should be in release order.

Haha, I think I'm the only one here who doesn't have a super strong opinion.

I played the games neither in release order nor in timeline order. I went back and filed in the gaps later by playing all the games. I get to patch things together, etc.

I can see the benefits of both sides, but I'm more inclined to agree with 7D$.

For example (spoilers!):

If I had played Days before 2, so much would have been lost. "Oh yeah, that kid is Roxas, he is Sora's nobody. Of course I know that. He doesn't really live in TT, it is all fake. Lalala. Oh good, he rejoined Sora. I thought Riku would probably get him to." However, when I first played 2, I was like.."OK, I know this is Roxas.. but where is Sora? What do they have to do with each other? Why do Sora's memories break in? etc.."

Just saying. I don't think it really matters that much, but I am inclined to do release order as they come out, and then timeline order. Take Crisis Core for example. So much of that game would be hard to understand, and the ending totally unsatisfying, if you hadn't played 7 first.

I'm not saying that it "reveals what doesn't need to be told" I'm saying that it reveals to much about what they already tell you in the first game. I digress.

I just don't really understand. I find this akin to read the first and third book of a trilogy and letting yourself fill in the blanks of what happens in the second book because what you come up with might be better.

There is a big difference in reading the first, then second, then third book in a trilogy. Normal games are longer and have more useful details you don't want to miss whereas in-betweeners like 358 are relatively shorter and have information to explain the information going from book one to book two or book two to book three.

I like to play games, watch movies, read books in the order dictated by the timeline. This is how I do things and I am not going to try to get people to do the same. I just prefer it this way but I know there are people who don't and I am okay with that.

Though this doesn't matter because I don't normally play prequels or in-betweeners in the first place because they are usually relatively boring and filled with info I didn't really want or need.

There is a big difference in reading the first, then second, then third book in a trilogy. Normal games are longer and have more useful details you don't want to miss whereas in-betweeners like 358 are relatively shorter and have information to explain the information going from book one to book two or book two to book three.

I like to play games, watch movies, read books in the order dictated by the timeline. This is how I do things and I am not going to try to get people to do the same. I just prefer it this way but I know there are people who don't and I am okay with that.

Though this doesn't matter because I don't normally play prequels or in-betweeners in the first place because they are usually relatively boring and filled with info I didn't really want or need.

I consider CoM to be Book 2 because it's very important and half of KH2 doesn't make sense without it.

I consider CoM to be Book 2 because it's very important and half of KH2 doesn't make sense without it.

KH2 made perfect sense to me

KH2 made perfect sense to me

Except for the whole Sora sleeping deal. Chain of Memories also introduced Namine and establishes her and Sora's relationship.

It also hugely established Riku's climb out of darkness and why he has Ansem inside him.

Except for the whole Sora sleeping deal. Chain of Memories also introduced Namine and establishes her and Sora's relationship.

It also hugely established Riku's climb out of darkness and why he has Ansem inside him.

Okay I don't care about all that. Please I will play my way and you will play your way. Can we agree on this.

I played the games in the order they came out; KH ~ CoM ~ KH2

As much as I HATED CoM, I'm glad I played it, if only for the story.

Plus, it was when we were first introduced to Axel. How can this not be good?

CoM was awesome sweet. [/opinion]

Okay I don't care about all that. Please I will play my way and you will play your way. Can we agree on this.

If you aren't playing for the plot, what are you playing for? The gameplay is nice but not that great, and the graphics are slowly getting outdated.

Skipping CoM would be like playing Crisis Core then Advent Children/Dirge of Cerberus. I didn't fully understand 2 till I played CoM, and I wish I had played it earlier.

CoM was awesome sweet. [/opinion]

If you aren't playing for the plot, what are you playing for? The gameplay is nice but not that great, and the graphics are slowly getting outdated.

Skipping CoM would be like playing Crisis Core then Advent Children/Dirge of Cerberus. I didn't fully understand 2 till I played CoM, and I wish I had played it earlier.

I'm a nostalgia nut. I love to look at super old graphics than look at super new and go we have come a long way. Also I do play for the plot but I think the plot you see in one and two are just fine and need no explaining. I also rather like KH graphics.

KH graphics are nice (I do like them a lot), but they aren't up to Final Fantasy 13 quality.

That makes no sense to me. I can understand disliking CoM's plot, or disliking the game, or not being able to play it yet and not wanting to spoil it by looking it up online.. but just not caring?

The plot of 1 and 2 is fine, but it is even better with CoM.

I'm not saying you can't do it how you want, I'm just saying I don't understand it at all.

"The intricacy's of one persons mind is nothing compared to that of another." meaning you understand your mind but trying to understand someone elses is very difficult.

I only ever feel the need to play a in-between game is when the plot of the games that particular on is set between is ununderstandable on their own. If they are understandable then it is just useless info that I can care less about.

"The intricacy's of one persons mind is nothing compared to that of another." meaning you understand your mind but trying to understand someone elses is very difficult.

I only ever feel the need to play an in-between game is when the plot of the games that particular on is set between is not understandable on their own. If they are understandable then it is just useless info that I could care less about.

If CoM had been titled KH:2 you would have played it though.

Whatever.. I still think it is a little weird. I could probably understand LoTR just by reading the third book, or get the gist of Harry Potter by reading the 1st, 3rd, and 7th books. But I would be missing out on characters, events, and other things that are important. I understood the events of KH:2 so much better after playing CoM. And it isn't like I know everything now, KH is the kind of game where you never quite understand everything.

If CoM had been titled KH:2 you would have played it though.

Whatever.. I still think it is a little weird.  I could probably understand LoTR just by reading the third book, or get the gist of Harry Potter by reading the 1st, 3rd, and 7th books.  But I would be missing out on characters, events, and other things that are important.  I understood the events of KH:2 so much better after playing CoM.  And it isn't like I know everything now, KH is the kind of game where you never quite understand everything.

I explained this already. There is a big and I mean HUMONGOUS MASSIVE GINORMOUS difference in in-between games/books/movies and games/books/movies 1,2,3,4,5.......... CoM is a in-between game NOT a 1,2,3,4,5 game. Yes if CoM was labeled KH2 I would have played it because it would have been KH2 and I wouldn't play KH3 without first playing KH2. You see the majority of in-between games/books/movies are info to explain the original info. Unless the original info is completely not understandable I don't need the secondary info. I don't want the secondary info. I don't care about the secondary info. Also playing Com if it was KH2 then going and playing KH3 I probably would have thought okay what was up with the useless info in KH2. You don't NEED to play in-between games or read in-between books or watch in-between movies unless necessary to the understanding of the series but if you read/watch/play 1,2,3,4,5 series you can't and I mean CAN'T skip any. All the harry potter books are on the growth of harry and friends and if you skip 2,4,5,6 you miss those whole years of growth and IMPORTANT information. whereas me skipping CoM I am not skipping absolutely VITAL information. Also no you don't ever quite understand everything but I understand enough as is and any more understanding and I just get plain bored of the plot.

Edited by crazywargod

How can you judge the information in CoM as useless if you don't even know what it is? Are you the kind of person that prefers movies to books because the movies strip out everything but the barebones plot to fit it in two hours?

Edited by 7Deadly$ins

I explained this already. There is a big and I mean HUMONGOUS MASSIVE GINORMOUS difference in in-between games/books/movies and games/books/movies 1,2,3,4,5.......... CoM is a in-between game NOT a 1,2,3,4,5 game. Yes if CoM was labeled KH2 I would have played it because it would have been KH2 and I wouldn't play KH3 without first playing KH2. You see the majority of in-between games/books/movies are info to explain the original info. Unless the original info is completely not understandable I don't need the secondary info. I don't want the secondary info. I don't care about the secondary info. Also playing Com if it was KH2 then going and playing KH3 I probably would have thought okay what was up with the useless info in KH2. You don't NEED to play in-between games or read in-between books or watch in-between movies unless necessary to the understanding of the series but if you read/watch/play 1,2,3,4,5 series you can't and I mean CAN'T skip any. All the harry potter books are on the growth of harry and friends and if you skip 2,4,5,6 you miss those whole years of growth and IMPORTANT information. whereas me skipping CoM I am not skipping absolutely VITAL information. Also no you don't ever quite understand everything but I understand enough as is and any more understanding and I just get plain bored of the plot.

Warning: the following post contains spoilers for Harry Potter and Kingdom Hearts

If you only want the absolute vital information, you could read a summary online. In fact, I'll give you all the vital information: Sora leaves Destiny Islands and saves the world, but he looses his friends Riku and Kairi on the way. In CoM he meats the mysterious Organization and a girl named Namine. In KH:2 he manages to find his friends, stop the Organization from using the power of Kingdom Hearts from taking over the world, and reuniting Roxas with himself/Namine with Kairi to become whole again.

I just get plain bored of the plot.

I though you said you play for the plot?

CoM has vital information. If a Harry Potter book opened with Harry down in a tunnel and a mysterious man threatening him with his own wand, would you say.. "Oh, I get the gist, I don't need to know when Harry left, his interactions with Ron and Hermoine, the reason he is down in this hole, where the guy came from.." or would you read Harry Potter: Chamber of Monsters (acronym not on accident) to find out that stuff?

Sora matures, learns more about the meaning of friendship. Namine's existence actually makes sense. You meat more characters, Riku's story especially is important, as he actually retains information from the time.

I can understand skipping Days as it is not too important. But CoM, and in-between games in general? Not really.

Warning: the following post contains spoilers for Harry Potter and Kingdom Hearts

If you only want the absolute vital information, you could read a summary online.  In fact, I'll give you all the vital information:  Sora leaves Destiny Islands and saves the world, but he looses his friends Riku and Kairi on the way.  In CoM he meats the mysterious Organization and a girl named Namine.  In KH:2 he manages to find his friends, stop the Organization from using the power of Kingdom Hearts from taking over the world, and reuniting Roxas with himself/Namine with Kairi to become whole again.

I though you said you play for the plot? 

CoM has vital information.  If a Harry Potter book opened with Harry down in a tunnel and a mysterious man threatening him with his own wand, would you say.. "Oh, I get the gist, I don't need to know when Harry left, his interactions with Ron and Hermoine,  the reason he is down in this hole, where the guy came from.." or would you read Harry Potter: Chamber of Monsters (acronym not on accident) to find out that stuff?

Sora matures, learns more about the meaning of friendship.  Namine's existence actually makes sense.  You meat more characters, Riku's story especially is important, as he actually retains information from the time.

I can understand skipping Days as it is not too important.  But CoM, and in-between games in general?  Not really.

I have actually played and beaten KH1 and KH2 but yes only the absolutely VITAL information for me is necessary and any more than that it just ruins a good plot. Yes I play games for their plot but too much detail and the plot looses mystery and my interest but it works the other way too too little detail and the plot has too much mystery and losses my interest. I thought Kh1&2 had enough detail. I actually already am kinda reading CoM anyway so it doesn't really matter.(this is the main reason for my not playing the game but I also think it is really unnecessary but is a good manga and I can't stop)(there are exeptions to all the rules in my head and I don't understand my mind myself and I would appreciate if you would let my stop having to try because whenever I do it only makes a mess of things)

How can you judge the information in CoM as useless if you don't even know what it is? Are you the kind of person that prefers movies to books because the movies strip out everything but the barebones plot to fit it in two hours?

Are you kidding I love books and preffer books by far. I loath what they did to the harry potter movies as they went on because the books got bigger until five(with about 700 pages or more)and they started to get smaller by a bit. Though there was still too much for movie and stripped them. Oh I actually was yanking my hair out.

Edited by crazywargod

I don't know what to say. I actually just watched the cutscenes and read summaries of CoM, mostly because I didn't feel like playing it.

I played KH2, then 1, and am now almost halfway through Re:CoM. None of the other games (yet!).

Confused? Fck yeah I was.

I think I watched some/most of the CoM scenes on YT and read the wiki to get the idea of what happened, and there are still some things I don't understand. I'll figure them out someday.

I usually play release order on game series (too impatient to wait for everything to be out so I can play in time-order xd.png), then if something doesn't make sense to me, go back and play in chronological order.

I'm the type that wants to know everything going on in a series/game/movie/book, and often get satisfied and leave when I do. Sometimes I like something so much that even when I know everything (or very close), I still come back to it just because I like it. (See: KH, Star Ocean 3, FF games)

IMO, crazy, you're missing out on a lot of awesome information and depth of the KHverse by just scraping by on the skeletal plot, but hey, your style, your loss.

As to the argument of whether or not CoM is important? Yes, yes it is. Gameplay is a ***** (hatehatehatecardsystemdamnit), but the story = very important.

I played KH2, then 1, and am now almost halfway through Re:CoM. None of the other games (yet!).

Confused? Fck yeah I was.

I think I watched some/most of the CoM scenes on YT and read the wiki to get the idea of what happened, and there are still some things I don't understand. I'll figure them out someday.

I usually play release order on game series (too impatient to wait for everything to be out so I can play in time-order xd.png), then if something doesn't make sense to me, go back and play in chronological order.

I'm the type that wants to know everything going on in a series/game/movie/book, and often get satisfied and leave when I do. Sometimes I like something so much that even when I know everything (or very close), I still come back to it just because I like it. (See: KH, Star Ocean 3, FF games)

IMO, crazy, you're missing out on a lot of awesome information and depth of the KHverse by just scraping by on the skeletal plot, but hey, your style, your loss.

As to the argument of whether or not CoM is important? Yes, yes it is. Gameplay is a ***** (hatehatehatecardsystemdamnit), but the story = very important.

It has a mange by which I am reading

My proof of its existance.