Jumonji

Kingdom Hearts.

FINALLY! Been waiting to see something! Something also occurred to me, Master Xehanort's voice actor for English, Leonard Nimoy, passed away, so I wonder who they will get to replace him, same for Ansem the Wise though they do have a replacement I suppose.

From what I've heard in the past. The voice work is one of the the first or last things to be done. (not sure which) but since many were in the stages of recording the voices for the english dub I can only assume that Both Nimoy and Lee had either finished or were close to finishing their parts. This is the end of the Xeanort saga, so if his replacement is needed, it won't be for a very long time. Ansem on the other hand, I'm not so sure.

It really is sad to see such great actors pass on. sad.gif

Well a few of the past games...I forget which specifically but I know Dream Drop Distance did, used a person who voice matched Lee for the last part with Riku. I imagine they will use him. But theres still a while yet before we get any sort of idea who will replace him if the voice acting wasn't done.

Is it just me, or did most of the trailer match what was already described of the D 23 expo?

Flowmotion being back is nice though (I've gotten so used to it..)

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

Oh wow, a Tangled world? Awesome!

Yup. We also get to explore more of Hercules' world this time. Not just the arena or underworld, but it looks like we get to finally scale Mt. Olympus. Who knows? Maybe they'll bring Zack back or Auron. smile.gif

Awesome ^-^

Hades is my second favourite Disney villian from the series, right after Maleficent.

Been playing KH: BBS.

I got my butt whooped by Captain Hook twice dry.gif

Edited by DragonSpirit009

user posted image

Edited by Syiren

user posted image

YYYYYYYAAAAAAASSSSSSS I wanted this world even more than Frozen! So excited that it will be a part of the game.

YYYYYYYAAAAAAASSSSSSS I wanted this world even more than Frozen! So excited that it will be a part of the game.

Same here. Even more exciting is that they stated that it's not going to have Sora simply going through the game and redoing the movie's storyline, but instead the story will pick up where the movie left off. smile.gif

Best yet, the interview revealed that it's going to take place AFTER the movie which means no tired rehashing of the plot like they've done with so many others. It'll be a brand NEW story featuring Big Hero 6. biggrin.gif

That is good to hear, I hope that they are willing to do that with some of the other new worlds as well. Even though I wouldn't mind playing through some of the stories, I don't want it to do that with all of them.

That is good to hear, I hope that they are willing to do that with some of the other new worlds as well. Even though I wouldn't mind playing through some of the stories, I don't want it to do that with all of them.

Same here, though I wouldn't mind going through the story of Treasure Planet if they add that in. Since the guy who directed both Tangled and Big Hero 6 also directed that movie. I'd love to have Sora Solar Surfing and sailing on a ship fighting pirates...again, but different than cursed pirates.

OMG!!!! I need a Ps3 now, I have been waiting for this forever. It's 630 and I just woke up my mom with a fangirl squee >.< Hope they have another Lion King world and Little Mermaid one as well.

OMG!!!! I need a Ps3 now, I have been waiting for this forever. It's 630 and I just woke up my mom with a fangirl squee >.< Hope they have another Lion King world and Little Mermaid one as well.

I highly doubt it will be on the ps3, probably ps4 (which I dont have but will buy immediately upon this release) I'm all for Pride Rock again, though Little Mermaid wasn't exactly my favorite. I was watching a discussion video on Youtube for potential new worlds, and Atlantis the Lost Empire popped up, which I think would be an awesome addition, just like Treasure Planet. They are both kinda obscure but they would still be great.

It's going to be on a PS4 and Xbox One. So I'm holding off on buying a PS4 until it comes out just in case there's a special edition. wink.gif

As for Lion King and Little Mermaid... YES TO LION KING, NO TO LITTLE MERMAID.

Lion King is my all-time favorite Disney movie so I literally screamed when I saw it was a world in KH2. The only disappointment I had was there wasn't as much of the amazing music in it. The stampede scene in the game was... silent!

Lion King was Nomura's favorite Disney movie too so odds are he'd want it in there again. Maybe with Lion King 2 this time so we can meet Kiara and Kovu. Pridelanders vs Outlanders is pretty close to the Light vs. Dark theme they've got going with Kingdom Hearts. wink.gif

Little Mermaid, though, it's on the level with Agrabah and Hundred Acre Woods. Enough is enough, it was in both of the other games, stop already. There's nothing else they can add with it to bring it back, they used the storyline of the movie in two different ways. No more Little Mermaid. Especially not Sing-Along again.

^ I agree fully with that. Lion King was epic and in KH2 Nala did hint to a possible return when she mentioned her baby in front of Sora. It was during the trio's second visit to the Pride Lands. I'm all for a sequel in that. smile.gif

Little Mermaid is a great movie and I really liked it in the first KH game where you actually got to fight and swim around without using musical numbers to clear an obstacle. Even if Ursula was a flipping pain in the first game, it was better than the second where you had to use a DDR style system to match the moves with the songs. I love DDR, but for KH it was...eh. Thankfully it was an optional world so you didn't have to play it if you didn't want to, unless you wanted to get all of the keyblades.

There is one thing left for Aladdin that they haven't done yet. The plot for the Third movie. Where Aladdin meets his father. That could actually prove to be a great world. With the bigger areas that they mentioned the worlds having it could be fun to fly on Carpet to get to the Island Turtle and find the Hand of Midas. Also sneaking into the 40 thieves camp could be fun too, and a heartless-possessed boss for Saluke would be a cool fight too. smile.gif

Sure We've seen a LOT of Agrabah in the past games, but the third movie has several new locations that are both different and would be neat to explore.

But back to the Little Mermaid world issue, it's time for something new. I wouldn't complain one bit if we got Atlantis or Lilo and Stitch as a world.

Hmm what worlds would you like to see? Opening up a discussion.

Despite the apparent hate online, I'd like to see a Frozen world.

Lessee, what else...

Lion King 2

Treasure Planet (Because pirate ships IN SPACE)

Atlantis

Toy Story (Toy Sora, Donald, and Goofy?)

Monsters, Inc (Can you imagine a monster Sora? wink.gif Or at least, a Sora who has to dress up as a monster haha)

Brave

Princess and the Frog

Wreck-It Ralph (!!!)

Meet the Robinsons

Emperor's New Groove

Sword in the Stone (Merlin's already in it so why not?)

Pocahontas

ANY Miyazaki movie

I really don't want to see old worlds other than the hub worlds. Basically I'm tired of Agrabah, Altantica, and Halloween Town.

I think some of the more obscure disney movies would be fantastic for them to feature because it's fun to see new material, and it's good for them business-wise (People didn't see movie, play KH and see the gameplay, like the world, buy movie & watch movie. Profit for disney)

I'd like to see the Rescuers featured over a second Lion King movie. Mice Sora/Donald/Goofy would be fun.

Or Fox and the Hound. Goofy is already a dog (I think?). Donald could be one of the birds featured (or just a duck) and Sora could be a fox. I know it's the saddest story ever, but I loved that movie and it would be fun to see how it would work in the KH universe

I agree Sword in the Stone would be a good one since Merlin is in the game already.

Also, Jungle Book. I know they had framework for this in BBS but it never made it to the full game.

Oooh and Robin Hood would be fun. That has a nice story and a greedy prince who could easily have a heartless created from.

More Pixar movie stuff would be great

Wreck it Ralph (You're inside a video game inside a video game!)

Toy Story

Monsters Inc (Would make some great heartless and boss fights)

If they hadn't done Big Hero 6, the Incredibles would have been fun to include.

If we have to bring back worlds, I'd like to see Lilo and Stitch again, but in Hawaii instead of space.

I don't see any Ghibli movie being featured sadly. Disney only owns the distribution rights to those movies in the US. Ghibli is still it's own entity separate from Disney. They (Disney) would have to pull a lot of strings to get Ghibli to allow them to use any of Ghibli's material.

(I do think a Spirited Away themed world would be fantastic for KH though!)

Second thought, thoughts on Square Enix inclusions?

It would be interesting if they included a FF based world. Though I'm sure they'll include FF characters again.

My guess is they'll probably put Lightning into the game.

I'd really like to see the Warrior of Light from the first game though, I think he'd fit well into the KH world.

I really don't want to see old worlds other than the hub worlds. Basically I'm tired of Agrabah, Altantica, and Halloween Town.

I think some of the more obscure disney movies would be fantastic for them to feature because it's fun to see new material, and it's good for them business-wise (People didn't see movie, play KH and see the gameplay, like the world, buy movie & watch movie. Profit for disney)

I'd like to see the Rescuers featured over a second Lion King movie. Mice Sora/Donald/Goofy would be fun.

Or Fox and the Hound. Goofy is already a dog (I think?). Donald could be one of the birds featured (or just a duck) and Sora could be a fox. I know it's the saddest story ever, but I loved that movie and it would be fun to see how it would work in the KH universe

I agree Sword in the Stone would be a good one since Merlin is in the game already.

Also, Jungle Book. I know they had framework for this in BBS but it never made it to the full game.

Oooh and Robin Hood would be fun. That has a nice story and a greedy prince who could easily have a heartless created from.

More Pixar movie stuff would be great

Wreck it Ralph (You're inside a video game inside a video game!)

Toy Story

Monsters Inc (Would make some great heartless and boss fights)

If they hadn't done Big Hero 6, the Incredibles would have been fun to include.

If we have to bring back worlds, I'd like to see Lilo and Stitch again, but in Hawaii instead of space.

I don't see any Ghibli movie being featured sadly. Disney only owns the distribution rights to those movies in the US. Ghibli is still it's own entity separate from Disney. They (Disney) would have to pull a lot of strings to get Ghibli to allow them to use any of Ghibli's material.

(I do think a Spirited Away themed world would be fantastic for KH though!)

Second thought, thoughts on Square Enix inclusions?

It would be interesting if they included a FF based world. Though I'm sure they'll include FF characters again.

My guess is they'll probably put Lightning into the game.

I'd really like to see the Warrior of Light from the first game though, I think he'd fit well into the KH world.

Just keep in mind that a lot of the worlds you're suggesting would require a LOT of work since they'd have to make multiple forms for Sora. I omitted a few of the ones you suggested for that very reason. They have to come up with complete 3D models of all versions of the trio, plus all the specialized attacks they'd have to use.

That's probably the main reason they reused Atlantica, because they already had the model for Sora with it.

Timeless River, Sora still used the same attacks, he just looked different. In some ways, Dolphin!Sora also used the same skills, you just couldn't use a few abilities because no legs and no running.

Lion!Sora, they had to come up with an entirely new set of attacks for him, and even the way he holds the keyblade is different. So since they already have it set up with him, they'll probably use it again for him.

But you're suggesting mice, dogs, anthropomorphic, and whatever animal they'd be in Jungle Book, which is a lot of work for the developers. Sadly, I don't think they'd be willing to put THAT much into it, plus it'd take them a lot longer to do it all. I dunno about you, but I don't want it to be 2020 by the time the game comes out. xd.png

As for a FF world, I'd love the world of XIII to be in there. The planet, not the other area. It's got a wide variety of terrain that can be used without too much effort.

What I don't want to see, unfortunately, is any movie that has live-action included. As much as I like Narnia, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Mary Poppins, and Pete's Dragon, I did NOT like the transition of Pirates of the Caribbean to video game. Which is the main reason why I don't want them to bring in Star Wars or Marvel, unless they use already animated versions like Clone Wars or the Marvel cartoons.

Edited by zaverxi

Well,

According to that video it seems like both Lion King and Nightmare Before Christmas aren't returning in KH3. With Nightmare, I'm not that surprised because we pretty much covered it in both 1 and 2. But not having Lion King sucks! sad.gif

That being said, I'm really glad for some new worlds like Tangled and Big Hero 6 are in it along with the return to the Coliseum.

What worlds I'd love to see? I've already covered it in the past, but I'll go over it again.

Worlds I'd like to see:

Treasure Planet

Atlantis (or) Lilo and Stitch

Robin Hood

The Great Mouse Detective

The Rescuers/Rescuers Down Under

Aladdin (for the plot of the 3rd movie)

Definitely some of the Miyazaki movies. Howl's Moving Castle or Kiki's Delivery Service especially, or even Castle in the Sky was great.

Oliver and Company

Ducktales/Darkwing Duck world

Gargoyles

And it'd be really neat to meet Goofy's son Max, so hopefully also a return to Disney Castle.

Of course, I also really want to return to Radiant Garden. I know twilight Town is pretty much guaranteed to be in it, but i hope Radiant Garden is also included and heck, maybe even Destiny Islands where we can actually roam around freely and explore the mainland a bit too.

Yeah I know how it is with new forms, which is why it's in my "worlds I'd like to see"

Just one of those movies would be great to have. (and we'll see, who knows what they included)

Though, Jungle book Sora could still be sora since Mowgli is a "manchild" also. Since they already built part of the world in a game, I see it still being possible.

(I actually think the exclusion had something to do with the rights to the story?)

Robin Hood would still be doable though. Goofy and Donald are good as is (probably just a clothes change which is just a skin change). Sora as an anthro-animal is mostly just a skin change on his character model (like the Halloween Town model). I imagine he'd still be able to hold the keyblade like normal.

Ohmygawd, I totally forgot Gargoyles was a Disney franchise. That would be a fantastic world to include in the games. (No alternate forms needed).

I totally agree no live-action ports. It clashes too much with the style of the games.

Well,

According to that video it seems like both Lion King and Nightmare Before Christmas aren't returning in KH3. With Nightmare, I'm not that surprised because we pretty much covered it in both 1 and 2. But not having Lion King sucks! sad.gif

*narrows eyes at* Until I see actual real confirmation by the developers or someone else actually working on KH3 that Pridelands won't return I'm going to disregard that video.

Not some fan crying over it, that's not source enough for me. After a quick google, I saw nothing official saying this.

*narrows eyes at* Until I see actual real confirmation by the developers or someone else actually working on KH3 that Pridelands won't return I'm going to disregard that video.

Not some fan crying over it, that's not source enough for me. After a quick google, I saw nothing official saying this.

Actually, The Gamer's Joint is a very good source of KH info. He's one of the Key Keepers and researches his facts. It's IGN that are the dingbats when it comes to getting KH info wrong.

Having said that I will keep an open mind open for Lion King to make a return.