Number Of Pages:191

Book Title: Les Contes Interdits; Le roi grenouille

Author: Patrice Cazeault

Edited by Little-Star

Book Number: 27

Number Of Pages: 281

Book Title: Five Feet Apart

Author: Rachael Lippincott with Mikki Daughtry and Tobias Ianconis

Summary: Stella Grant likes to be in control though her out-of-control lungs have her in and out of hospitals. And then she meets Will.

Book Number: 75
Number Of Pages: 385
Book Title: A Curse for True Love
Author: Stephanie Garber

Book Number: 76
Number Of Pages: 688
Book Title: Tower of Dawn
Author: Sarah J Maas

Book Number: 26

Number Of Pages: 444

Book Title: The Girl Who Could Move Sh*t With Her Mind

Author: Jackson Ford

Edit (11/03)

Book Number: 27

Number Of Pages: 237 Book Title: Dans l'univers des contes interdits: Bastien et Mathis, les orphelins Anderson

Author: Yvan Godbout

(I have now 40 out of 48 books read in that collection)

Edit 2 (11/06)

Book Number: 28

Number Of Pages: 408

Book Title: The Reborn King (The Dragon's Blade Trilogy #1)

Author: Michael R. Miller

Edited by Little-Star

I'm here. I'm here. Totally forgot to update my books! I apologize, since I'm sure you've all missed my reviews. lol

Book Number: 18

Number of Pages: 295

Book Title: Siege of Crowford Castle/Haunting of Crowford Station

Author: Amy Cross

Summary: Right. Two books again. Castle was fun. I loved the concept and the ending is wonderful./This one was less good, but it's still pretty fun to read. I recommend all of these. 

Review: I loved both of them, Crowford Station slightly less, but yeah... They were fun. I love ghost stories, so, yeah. Cool. 

Book Number: 19

Number of Pages: 385

Book Title: Hex

Author: Thomas Olde Heuvelt

Summary: Catherine has been around since the 1600s in this small American village, and the locals will do anything to 1) keep her a secret and 2) keep her eyes sewn shut. 

Review: 5/5 This is my favorite book of October 2023. I adored the concept (witch in modern times), and I loved the characters. It's so good! And it's free to read if you have a Kindle Unlimited account~ Go read it. It's so good! I mean Catherine just appears in someone's home, and a member of the family puts a dish cloth over her face. I laughed so hard.  

Book Number: 20

Number of Pages: 480

Book Title: Gerald's Game

Author: Stephen King

Summary: A day of passion in a cabin beside a lake goes wrong when Jessie's husband passes away, and she's left handcuffed to the bed. 

Review: 5/5 So I know I harp on and on about concepts, but this one is so fascinating! A woman is handcuffed to a bed, and King manages to take that and expand it into a over 400 page novel! Jessie is an interesting main character, and you really get to know her, and her demons from her past. 

Book Number: 21

Number of Pages: 529

Book Title: Phantom of Crowford Theater/The Terror of Crowford Carnival/The Secret of Adam Grey

Summary: Three books this time! All about the city of Crowford in England, a notorious ghost town. 

Review: 5/5 So... I know, three books. I'm insane, but they're so short. I've now caught up on this series, and The Secret of Adam Grey was a perfect novel. I loved the character of Adam, sad, loves his son and works for the wrong people. It was so good! The other two are good, but it was a wonderful story of a man trying to keep his son safe. 

Book Number: 22

Number of Pages: 295

Book Title: Siege of Crowford Castle/Haunting of Crowford Station

Summary: Right. Two books again. Castle was fun. I loved the concept and the ending is wonderful./This one was less good, but it's still pretty fun to read. I recommend all of these. 

Review: I loved both of them, Crowford Station slightly less, but yeah... They were fun. I love ghost stories, so, yeah. Cool. 

Book Number: 23

Number of Pages: 352

Book Title: Misery

Summary: Paul Sheldon finds himself nursed back to health by someone who is his biggest fan...

Review: 5/5 I don't think I can convey my love of this novel in a single review, so I don't think I will. 😛

Book Number: 24

Number of Pages: 562

Book Title: Pet Semetary

Summary: A new home for a lovely family ends badly when they find out about the Pet Semetary in the woods nearby.

Review: 5/5 So if I love Misery, I'm obsessed with this novel. It's my favorite Stephen King book. It's spooky, funny, and it stays with you. Even if the movies are awful...

And finally~:

Book Number: 25

Number of Pages: 286

Book Title: The Exorcist's House

Author: Nick Roberts

Summary: New farmhouse. It's possessed by demons... The title sorta gives it away. Yeah. 

Review: 4/5 I liked this book, until the epilogue. It should have ended where it did, but no... They had to add one to the story. 

Book Number: 77
Number Of Pages: 980
Book Title: Kingdom of Ash
Author: Sarah J Maas

Book Number: 78
Number Of Pages: 447
Book Title: The Second Blind Son
Author: Amy Harmon

Book Number: 29

Number Of Pages: 230

Book Title: Abîmes

Author: Jonathan Reynolds

Book Number: 14

Number of Pages: 254

Book Title: Light to the Hills

Author: Elin Hilderbrand

Summary: Amanda Rye, a young widowed mother, joins the WPA Packhorse Library Project to bring books to families in the Kentucky Appalachians and forms strong bonds with the people on her route, especially the McInteer family.

Review: Fascinating look at the people and culture of Depression-era Appalachia. Likeable characters and a believable storyline.

Book Number: 26

Number of Pages: 367

Book Title: Dolores Claiborne

Summary: Dolores is accused of murdering her employer, Vera, a wealthy woman on the small island they live on. She tells her story in her own words. 

Review: 5/5 So... this book is cool. I love the format of Dolores telling her story through a police interview. It is only her story; there is no one else. It's amazing! Also written with Kathy Bates in mind for Dolores. Guess who played the titular character in the movie? lol

Book Number: 27

Number of Pages: 308

Book Title: The Silent Patient

Author: Alex Michaelides

Summary: Alicia murdered her husband and then didn't speak again. A parapsychologist, Theo, wants to know why. 

Review: 5/5 Story time! One time on facebook, I saw someone say this book was boring, so I went in with some trepidation. No need! This book kept me on my toes until the very end! It even ends on a bit of a cryptic line. I really liked it! I was on the edge of my seat trying to figure out what happened!

I'd like to join! I want to get back into reading after losing my love for it in highschool

I know I'm not going to make it to 250, I think 10 is a more realistic goal for me 😅 but this seems like a fun way to get back into it

5 hours ago, Zonnedauw said:

I'd like to join! I want to get back into reading after losing my love for it in highschool

I know I'm not going to make it to 250, I think 10 is a more realistic goal for me 😅 but this seems like a fun way to get back into it

Welcome ! Not a lot of people reach 250 but that doesnt matter, we are here to have fun and enjoy reading !

Book Number: 79
Number Of Pages: 528
Book Title: The Stolen Throne
Author: Abigail Owen

Book Number: 80
Number Of Pages: 464
Book Title: Bonesmith
Author: Nicki Pau Preto

Book Number: 30

Number Of Pages: 288

Book Title: Stranger Things : Flight of Icarus

Author: Caitlin Schneiderhan

Book Number: 15

Number of Pages: 320

Book Title: The Singles Table

Author: Sara Desai

Summary: Zara is afraid to open herself to love. Jay has no time for love while building his business and considers himself too broken to be loved. Zara uses her matchmaking skills to try to find someone for Jay. Guess the outcome.

Review: I really don't know why I wasted so much time on this book. I did not like or care about the characters. And it was so predictable: boy meets girl, boy hates girl, girl hates boy, boy and girl end up together.

Book Number: 81
Number Of Pages: 361
Book Title: The Gates of Paradise
Author: Melissa de la Cruz

Book Number: 82
Number Of Pages: 334
Book Title: Told You So
Author: Leanne Slade

Book Number: 83
Number Of Pages: 416
Book Title: We Were Restless Things
Author: Cole Nagamatsu

Book Number: 5

Number Of Pages: 344

Book Title: The Open and Shut Case

Author: Harry DeMaio

Summary: This is Sherlock Holmes with intelligent animal characters. When a "cursed" famous sapphire disappears from a high-security museum event, and the curator is murdered in the process, it's up to the sleuth Octavius Bear and his companion Mauritius Meerkat to solve the mystery.

Edited by purpledragonclaw

Book Number: 28

Number of Pages: 336

Book Title: Weyward

Author: Emilia Hart

Summary: A young woman Kate, abused by her boyfriend, moves into the small cottage that her great-aunt left her. The women that came before her left behind secrets, and she wishes to figure them out. There are chapters from present time with Kate, chapters from WW2 from Violet, and last but not least, chapters from Althea from the 1600s. 

Review: 5/5 The woman empowering women theme in this novel is amazing! The women are superbly written, and I loved every single page of this novel. Lots of nature themes as well. 

Book Number: 29

Number of Pages: 364

Book Title: The Midwife of Auschwitz

Author: Anna Stuart

Summary: Set in Poland during the beginnings of WW2 and throughout the war, an older Catholic, Ana, and a young Jewish woman, Esther, find themselves as friends. They're eventually thrown into Auschwitz-Birkenau together and work together to deliver thousands of babies. 

Review: 5/5  This novel is inspired by an actual woman, and it's grim sometimes, hopeful at times, and always amazingly researched. I loved the characters of Ana and Esther. Their thoughts and hopes were mine as well as I was immersed in this novel. I recommend this a billion times over again. 

Book Number: 84
Number Of Pages: 336
Book Title: Dead Girls Can’t Tell Secrets
Author: Chelsea Ichaso

Book Number: 85
Number Of Pages: 336
Book Title: Dark Horses
Author: Cecily von Ziegesar

Book Number: 86
Number Of Pages:364
Book Title: Courage
Author: Natalie Keller Reinert

Book Number: 30

Number of Pages: 404

Book Title: The Midwife of Berlin

Author: Anna Stuart

Summary: After managing to find her husband, Filip, and adopting an adorable baby girl that she herself tattooed in Auschwitz, Esther takes a break from finding Pippa, the little girl taken for "Germanization" during the grueling years in the camp, but her adopted daughter helps find the girl. 

Review: 5/5  This is the sequel to The Midwife of Auschwitz, and it is just as good! It's beautifully written, and I adored it! If you like historical fiction based in face, these are great!

Book Number: 31

Number of Pages: 384

Book Title: The Second Life of Mirielle West

Author: Amanda Skenandore

Summary: Mirielle West, wife of Charlie West the movie star, finds herself diagnosed with Hansen's Disease, better known as leprosy. She's sent to a hospital in Louisiana that specializes in her disease, far from her glamorous life in California. She leaves behind memories of her son, lost in an accident at only seven, and two young girls. Her only wish is to find a cure. 

Review: 5/5 Yep. This book taught me a lot about the disease that our leading lady suffers, and I had no idea about the "colony," as it's called, in Louisiana. It's well done, and it made me laugh. Frank was so very funny...

Book Number: 87
Number Of Pages: 313
Book Title: Luck
Author: Natalie Keller Reinert

Book Number: 88
Number Of Pages: 320
Book Title: The Deepest Night
Author: Shana Abe

Book Number: 89
Number Of Pages:296
Book Title: The Haunting of Sunshine Girl
Author: Paige McKenzie

Book Number: 90
Number Of Pages: 296
Book Title:The Awakening of Sunshine Girl

Book Number: 91
Number Of Pages: 322
Book Title: The Sacrifice of Sunshine Girl

Book Number: 28

Number Of Pages: 1085

Book Title: Atlas Shrugged

Author: Ayn Rand

Summary: Who is John Galt? He's the man who said he would stop the motor of the world... and did.

Book Number: 31

Number Of Pages: 329

Book Title: The Haunting of Ashburn House

Author: Darcy Coates

Book Number: 16

Number of Pages: 298

Book Title: Sunrise of Half Moon Bay

Author: Robyn Carr

Summary: Adele and Justine have never been close. Born twenty years apart, Justine was already an adult when Addie was born. The sisters love each other but they don’t really know each other. Adele has spent the last 8 years devoted to caring for her ailing parents. Now she is struggling to find a new life for herself. Her sister Justine is a lawyer and has always seemed to have it all together, but is now rocked by her husband's infidelity. Both women realize they must support each other as they start over.

Review: Not a bad story, but I got very frustrated with Addie's indecisiveness -- I found myself wanting to shake her more than once.

Book Number: 32

Number Of Pages: 435 (says Goodreads)

Book Title: The Bone Shard Daughter

Author: Andre Stewart

Edited by Little-Star