Book Number: 8
Number Of Pages: 341
Book Title: Through the Ever Night
Author: Veronica Rossi

Book Number: 3

Number Of Pages: 272

Book Title: Certain Dark Things

Author: Sylvia Moreno-Garcia

Summary: Mexico City is supposed to be free of vampires, but Domingo meets one and is enamored by her. The story follows her trying to escape the city, as she is on the run from a rival vampire gang.

Rating: 5/10

Review: The worldbuilding was good, but the characters felt barely fleshed out. The first half of the book was incredibly slow, and I wish that we had gotten to delve into the lore much more than the little snippets the characters told us about. I almost stopped reading halfway through, but the second half of the book picked up right as I was about to drop it. I'm still not sure how I feel about it.

Book Number: 2

Number Of Pages: 355

Book Title: Fade Away

Author: Harlan Coben

Summary: Myron is hired to find Greg Downing, a basketball superstar that desapeared. 

Book Number: 9
Number Of Pages:389
Book Title: Into the Still Blue
Author: Veronica Rossi

Book Number: 10
Number Of Pages: 292
Book Title: Sundial
Author: Catriona Ward

On 8/6/2023 at 12:52 PM, purplehaze said:

No, this was the first of her books that I had read, but it won't be the last.

:)

Book Number: 3

Number Of Pages: 343

Book Title: Whitethorn Woods

Author: Maeve Binchy

Summary: The lives of many in Rossmore will be affected if a new road is built.

Book Number: 11
Number Of Pages: 396
Book Title: Echo
Author: Alyson Noel

Book Number: 12
Number Of Pages: 293
Book Title: Promised
Author: Caragh O’Brien

Book Number: 1

Number of Pages: 351

Book Title: Final Girl Support Group

Author: Grady Hendrix

Summary: Our main character is a final girl (meaning she survived a deadly attack and managed to survive.) The other final girls are being targeted by someone, and it's up to our main girl (who's name I CANNOT remember, I apologize) to find out who is doing the murdering. 

Review: 4.5/5 Um... It's good, but Hendrix's supernatural stories are so much better! I didn't really find myself relating to the main character. The final twist is a good one though. I really enjoyed the ending. 

Book Number: 2

Number of Pages: 598

Book Title: Fairy Tale

Author: Stephen King

Summary: Charlie Reade is a seventeen year old kid who helps an elderly man and his dog. When the man passes away, Charlie inherits his house and the way to another world through the shed!

Review: 5/5 Amazingly fun to read! It's Stephen King writing fantasy and not horror, but it is a lot of fun to read. The characters are funny, and Radar the dog is just the bestest girl. I found the story heartwarming at times, insane at others, and just fun! 

Finally posting! Ha! Took forever to read that Stephen King novel for some reason, even though I loved it!

Book Number: 13
Number Of Pages: 433
Book Title: Capture the Crown
Author: Jennifer Estep

Book Number: 14
Number Of Pages: 439
Book Title: Tear Down the Throne

Book Number: 4

Number Of Pages: 522

Book Title: Heart and Soul

Author: Maeve Binchy

Summary: Clara Casey sets up a new heart clinic and affects the lives of many.

Edited by Lagie
Forgot the number

Number Of Pages: 261

Book Title: The Kaiju Preservation Society

Author: John Scalzi (audio narrated by Wil Wheaton 😍)

Edited by Little-Star

On 8/9/2023 at 6:33 PM, AsymDoll13 said:

Book Number: 2

Number of Pages: 598

Book Title: Fairy Tale

Author: Stephen King

Summary: Charlie Reade is a seventeen year old kid who helps an elderly man and his dog. When the man passes away, Charlie inherits his house and the way to another world through the shed!

Review: 5/5 Amazingly fun to read! It's Stephen King writing fantasy and not horror, but it is a lot of fun to read. The characters are funny, and Radar the dog is just the bestest girl. I found the story heartwarming at times, insane at others, and just fun! 

Finally posting! Ha! Took forever to read that Stephen King novel for some reason, even though I loved it!

Glad to see this one get a good review, I bought it last year and it's on my list to read!

Book Number: 1

Number Of Pages: 294

Book Title: The Silent Guard

Author: K.J. Taylor

Summary: Book 2 in the Southern Star trilogy finds the new Shadow That Walks, Southerner Kearney Redguard learning to understand himself and his new abilities after his escape from death. Now that he's escaped his life of a slave can he be the kind of leader that can rally Southerners and Northerners to his cause, despite the two peoples never working together?

Book Number: 5

Number Of Pages: 177

Book Title: Love 'n' Marriage

Author: Debbie Macomber

Summary: Stephanie's coworkers have decided she's just the woman to tame grumpy boss Jonas Lockwood.

Book Number: 6

Number Of Pages: 183

Book Title: Rainy Day Kisses

Author: Debbie Macomber

Summary: When Susannah babysits her niece, things don't go smoothly until new neighbour Nate steps in to assist.

Published in one volume titled 'Perfect Partners'.

Book Number: 15
Number Of Pages: 414
Book Title: Conquer the Kingdom

Book Number: 16
Number Of Pages: 288
Book Title: Mister Magic
Author: Kiersten White

Number of Pages: 453 (French version)

Book Title: L'écrivain public (The Letter Writer)

Author: Dan Fesperman

Summary: Historical fiction/crime drama based on a real event in New York during WWII, presented as a suspected act of sabotage in the book.

Review: 3/5 Kept me going despite occasional issues with pacing and believability.

10 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

Glad to see this one get a good review, I bought it last year and it's on my list to read!

It's so good! I really loved it!

5 hours ago, littleironhorse said:

Number of Pages: 453 (French version)

Book Title: L'écrivain public (The Letter Writer)

Author: Dan Fesperman

Summary: Historical fiction/crime drama based on a real event in New York during WWII, presented as a suspected act of sabotage in the book.

Review: 3/5 Kept me going despite occasional issues with pacing and believability.

In french :O I'm happy to see another french reader ! (Your first language ?)

Number of Pages: 453

Book Title: A Man of Honor

Author: Barbara Taylor Bradford

Summary: This book details the life of Blackie O'Neill who grew up in Ireland. He had a young life of poverty and loss, losing his mother, father, and sister, and at the young age of 13 traveled to England to apprentice with his Uncle Patrick, a builder. The story chronicles Blackie's growth from child to adult.

Review: This book is a prequel to Bradford's book A Woman of Substance, which I have not read. It felt like there was a lot of detail about people who were not really closely connected to Blackie, but I am sure that was to lay the groundwork that connects the two books. The characters were well detailed and the story was engaging. I will probably put the previous book on my "to read" list.

21 hours ago, Little-Star said:

In french 😮 I'm happy to see another french reader ! (Your first language ?)

(English to be polite :) )  Hi!  Yes, French is my first language.  We're actually somewhat close neighbours, I live about 30 minutes southwest of Montréal. 

Book Number: 17
Number Of Pages: 370
Book Title: Pretty Girls Dancing
Author: Kylie Brant

Book Number: 18
Number Of Pages: 391
Book Title: The First Girl Child
Author: Amy Harmon

Book Number: 19
Number Of Pages: 496
Book Title: The Endless War
Author: Danielle L Jensen

On 7/13/2023 at 4:05 AM, Little-Star said:

I am a little bit late, but I would absolutely love to join! My goal is to set aside more time for reading this year and next.

Book Number: 3

Number of Pages: 432

Book Title: What Never Happened

Author: Rachel Howzell Hall

Summary: 20 years after her family was murdered on a small island, Coco heads back to take care of an ailing aunt. As a newspaper writer, mostly for obituaries, Coco notices that the elderly are dying quickly... too quickly. 

Review: 4.5/5 Set right in the beginning of the COVID 19 pandemic, this book was fun to read and see what people thought of the virus going around. I really liked it, even if the story was a bit rushed at the end. 

Book Number: 4

Number of Pages: 304

Book Title: Grave Devotion

Author: J.R. Erickson

Summary: Kale meets Annie at a carnival, and the relationship takes a turn for the worse. 

Review: 5/5 Annie is messed up, y'all. I just... wow. Bit of a love story gone wrong, and a revenge story too!

2 hours ago, AstridBeatrix said:

I am a little bit late, but I would absolutely love to join! My goal is to set aside more time for reading this year and next.

welcome welcome!! 

Book Number: 20

Number Of Pages: 304

Book Title: Hex You

Author: PC Cast, Kristin Cast

Book Number: 21

Number Of Pages: 356

Book Title: The Stolen Heir

Author: Holly Black

Book Number: 4

Number Of Pages: 265

Book Title: Death of a Bookseller

Author: Bernard J Farmer

Summary: Sgt Wigins, just finishing his late shift, helps a drunken man home. He learns the man is a rare book collector and has been out celebrating a once-in-a-lifetime find -- an original annotated Keats poem. The two become friends and when the man is later found stabbed to death with the rare Keats missing, Sgt Wigins must find his killer. A suspect is arrested, convicted, and sentenced to hang but Wigins, convinced that he is innocent, begins a race against time to find the real killer.

Review: Interesting characters and a rather intense plot, but I was not interested in the details of rare book collecting that seemed to dominate, so I found the action moved much too slowly for me.

Book Number: 22
Number Of Pages: 400
Book Title: The Box in the Woods
Author: Maureen Johnson

Book Number: 23
Number Of Pages: 449
Book Title: Nine Liars
Author: Maureen Johnson

Book Number: 24
Number Of Pages: 304
Book Title: Book of Night
Author: Holly Black