Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty-One

Posted (edited)

Ooh, guess I don't need to come in ranting about stupid trivialities from my day. Sorry that friend didn't turn out as you'd hoped, @Lunastar_13.

Page 217.

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

27 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Ooh, guess I don't need to come in ranting about stupid trivialities from my day. Sorry that friend didn't turn out as you'd hoped, @Lunastar_13.

It's alright. You care, you all do, and that's why I like you guys. 

2 hours ago, Lunastar_13 said:

If I knew

If only. Sorry you got hurt by them.

*Hugs again*

6 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

If only. Sorry you got hurt by them.

*Hugs again*

*hugs* 

If only I did. I was stupid enough to fall into their trap, but I'm smart enough to not do it again! Also I won a fossil of a frish today. I can't tell whether it's a frog or a fish. I don't think they got one. 

Guys! I got a very cool dragon!!! 

FKvxS.gif

eek, sorry to hear that, @Lunastar_13 {{hugs}}

so...one of my group texts (the yarn group in the county i moved from) blew up this morning - there was an earthquake in north Jersey that everyone in eastern PA felt - people in my yarn group, people in the writing group (on discord), friends that i zoom with on some saturdays, my mom, my older daughter.... everyone is fine and safe.  there was an earthquake felt in the same places back in august of 2011, that i felt too.  it felt like an huge 18-wheeler came barreling down the Main Street of the little town where my office is, and then, it was over.  it was very weird.

meanwhile, i have dragons to name... XD 

@trystan

The dragon that I totally didn't get 20 minutes ago is a Mistra Dragon! 

Here's the four eggs I have; including that one up there:

5CLfI.gifEShCj.gifa12Aq.gifFKvxS.gif I'm sorry the lineup had to be finished. 

3 hours ago, Lunastar_13 said:

Thank you. I wish I didn't friend them... If I knew they'd be manipulative and a narc, I wouldn't have friended them. If I knew they would act depressed and act like I'm guilt tripping them into them thinking my depression is worse than it is (which, my depression is worse than they think), I wouldn't have been their friend. If I knew they would make me feel obligated to feel bad for them, refuse to play the music I wanted to listen to, and only put on "100 Bad Days" by AJR, making me think of my family deaths, which, they know I'm sensitive about, and, if I knew they were controlling, I wouldn't have been their friend. If I knew they would control who my friends are, and who I was, I would've never been their friend... 

This line from Bonnie Tyler explains how I feel right now: "Once upon a time I was falling in love, but now I'm only falling apart. I don't know what to do, a total eclipse of the heart." But instead of "love" it's something that explains how I used to feel before I knew they would do this. 

Here's another quote: "All my (irl) friends are toxic all ambitionless, so rude and always negative" not all, just the one I've been talking about. I'm going to stop now so I don't accidentally say something I shouldn't from my depression... 

That's rough, still. It's a lot to deal with. I hope you can find some peace. 

Posted (edited)

oh very nice, @Lunastar_13!

make sure you put them in some hatcheries.

what works for me is when eggs or hatches are at 5d23h, i put them into three hatcheries.  they usually don't get sick - but there was one time recently because of the new release.  so i stuck to two hatcheries.

Edited by trystan

@Evangeline

Working on it. Also, you like me eggies? I do! Also, I find eggies that seem cool, not ones that are not exactly cool. Via, if CB, description of eggie, if not, I just give it away bcuz I'm egg-locked 🥲

They're very pretty! 

Do you have any dragons you obsess over and catch? 

Side note: Are we allowed to post view links now? 

@Evangeline

I have no clue. I did it bcuz I'm new and don't really know rules. If you're talking about the rules in a different forum, I think I saw those but that's for that forum inside the forum. 

(Man, idk what to call it, I forgot.) 

11 hours ago, Lunastar_13 said:

^ me but with the movies

Also, *sniff* 

I SMELL A POTTER HEAD! 

XD

Don't worry, my whole family is Potter Heads, including me. 

Been one since I was like 11 (in 5th grade). I'm turning 33 tomorrow so.... It's been a long time. lol

Even though JKR is not a great person... *sighs*

1 minute ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Even though JKR is not a great person...

Wut

I didn't hear about this. 

If you're comfortable, could you tell me? 

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Lunastar_13 said:

@Evangeline

I have no clue. I did it bcuz I'm new and don't really know rules. If you're talking about the rules in a different forum, I think I saw those but that's for that forum inside the forum. 

(Man, idk what to call it, I forgot.) 

Last time I saw, it was against the rules! You might wanna edit and change the links to lineage links to be safe.  No harm, no foul! Make sure to read the rules so you don't get in trouble. ^_^ 

https://dragcave.net/lineage/5CLfI

Like this! 

When I was new, I accidentally eggie spammed too. I got warned for it. 

Edited by Evangeline

@Evangeline & @Lunastar_13 - yes, you can post eggs - but your own.  don't post anyone else's unless you have permission.  and yes, it's better to use the lineage link, as Evangeline posted above.

I'm a quiet kinda Potterhead, I've been reading them since the third book came out, and i have all of them in hardback and all of the movies too (mind you, 1 and 2 are on VHS! XD), and the books are on my reread list, maybe reading with an eye towards everything we know now - that JKR wrote racist and homophobic stereotypes baked into the novels.  and she has other issues as well. *sigh*

Just now, trystan said:

@Evangeline & @Lunastar_13 - yes, you can post eggs - but your own.  don't post anyone else's unless you have permission.  and yes, it's better to use the lineage link, as Evangeline posted above.

I'm a quiet kinda Potterhead, I've been reading them since the third book came out, and i have all of them in hardback and all of the movies too (mind you, 1 and 2 are on VHS! XD), and the books are on my reread list, maybe reading with an eye towards everything we know now - that JKR wrote racist and homophobic stereotypes baked into the novels.  and she has other issues as well. *sigh*

Thank you, frand. I wasn't entirely sure! 

I see talk of potterheads! I used to live and breath those books. I still love those books. I recently convinced my partner to watch all the movies. 

Spoiler

JKR has knowingly donated money towards anti-trandsgender groups, unfortunately. She's also spoken out against the transgender community.

13 minutes ago, Evangeline said:

Thank you, frand. I wasn't entirely sure! 

you're quite welcome

4 minutes ago, trystan said:

you're quite welcome

Do you have a favourite house? 

Annnnddd, there are so many new dragons. I have so much to catch up on now. 

While the view link (of your own eggs only) is allowed, it is still safest to use the lineage link to avoid accidental (or intentional) over-viewing which could result in sick/dead eggs.

4 minutes ago, Evangeline said:

Annnnddd, there are so many new dragons. I have so much to catch up on now. 

Yeah, it can be really hard to catch up. I have scroll goals of 4M/4F CBs of each breed/variant so dragons with lots of variants like the Astraels can take me a long time to collect.

4 minutes ago, trystan said:

Ravenclaw

@Evangeline & @Lunastar_13 - my scroll is trystan830, let me know if you want me to breed anything for you! :D 

Love a good Ravenclaw! 

And thank you! I really need to sit down and figure out what breeding projects I still need to do. 

@purplehaze That's a noble pursuit! How many dragons total are you up to now? And do you know how many adults you still need to complete your current goal? 

1 hour ago, Evangeline said:

Side note: Are we allowed to post view links now? 

Yes. For your own dragons only. Meant to be in your signature, though, I think.

1 hour ago, trystan said:

there was an earthquake in north Jersey that everyone in eastern PA felt

Wow! Glad everyone was okay.

43 minutes ago, trystan said:

that JKR wrote racist and homophobic stereotypes baked into the novels. 

Hunh. I'll have to look for that on my next reread. I knew about the other stuff.

The termites are flying tonight. I cannot wait to get this place tented. (Have to finish replacing the doors first.)

24 minutes ago, Evangeline said:

And thank you! I really need to sit down and figure out what breeding projects I still need to do. 

you're quite welcome!

16 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Wow! Glad everyone was okay.

yeah, me too.  we would have felt it, had we still been there.

16 minutes ago, Lagie said:

The termites are flying tonight.

eek!

Posted (edited)

Some people in this area felt that earthquake, too, but I did not notice it.

34 minutes ago, Evangeline said:

How many dragons total are you up to now? And do you know how many adults you still need to complete your current goal?

I have 15,709 adult dragons at the moment.

I am really not sure how many CBs I still need. I am missing most of the Astraels that can only be CB if they are pollinated. I realized fairly recently that I was missing color variants of the Pyropellis, too, as well as the stunned Electrics. And I am still missing one Saturday Gemshard. That's all I can think of right now, but there might be others.

Edited by purplehaze

5 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I am missing most of the Astraels that can only be CB if they are pollinated

i have all the colors of Astraels, so let me know when you have a CB one you want pollinated :)