Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty-One

Stay safe, Edenello! A couple of my co-workers are hunkering down as well.

11 minutes ago, Edenello said:

I'm trying to stay awake until it ends

i get this. no matter how i do by saying I'm not worried about things.... i still worry. i might be up until 2 anyway, that's just me.

12 minutes ago, Edenello said:

I decided on Vreymas for the 20 weeks challenge

wow!

also, while i know some Linkin Park songs, i don't think i know the one you're doing.

i need a few more CB dragons for my lineage.... and then i need moar names! XD 

and while i was typing this, i got an alert for flash flood warnings until 3:45 a.m.  goodie.  but we're not going out anywhere.... until tomorrow afternoon XD 

Gonna rain I guess, but we're not under any sort of warning/watch or anything at the moment, so that's good. I hope it's not too bad tonight, since that spikes my anxiety so high. I blame the movie Twister. lol

Posted (edited)

National Weather Service for Western PA:

9:35 PM - The severe potential is rapidly decreasing as storms shift east. There are currently no warnings in effect. The Tornado Watch will expire at 2 AM, but we will cancel it earlier if the threat completely ends. Flooding remains a threat overnight as rain continues.

9:45 PM - While the severe threat subsides, we're becoming increasingly concerned about flooding potential overnight, especially in southwest PA. If you must be out driving tonight, be very careful about water of the roads.

so that's me tonight,

I'll probably be up late anyway. XD 

Edited by trystan

We have flood warnings here until 6 pm tomorrow, but I am not going out and we are on high ground, so no worries here. We had periods of very heavy rain today with thunder and lightning. It has stopped for the moment but is set to rain more with possible severe storms.

it's been quiet for a while.

the good news from a little after 11:

The Tornado Watch has now been **cancelled** for our area as the chance for severe weather overnight ends. Flooding remains a major concern as thunderstorms with heavy rain continue overnight into Wednesday morning.

yay!

we're on high ground  too, and that's great, until i have to go shopping tomorrow XD 

also, Molly and Harvey had their follow-up appointment since they had some teeth pulled, and they're both healing nicely now, and can have the crunchy kitty food again. yay!

Yay! Go kitties!

It's definitely raining now. A lot. With some thunder. And some lightning. Lucy cat is displeased. Pippin cat has not noticed, and Emma seems fine. *Shrugs* Cats. 

We did have thunder earlier, but Aemon was the only cat in our living room with us, and he seemed okay. I don't know about everyone else though.... but they're good now :D

Posted (edited)

Hasn't rained in ages but we got over 70mm a couple of days ago.

Lost control of the car twice today as the tyres hit oil on water. (Luckily no one was near me when the skidding commenced)

fun

Accidents everywhere.

But I got an upside down mint.

And crumpets were on sale at the supermarket...............

🙃

Edited by sithdragon
added some words............ as you do. We get cyclones, not tornados. Those look hideous..... Please be safe

5 hours ago, sithdragon said:

And crumpets were on sale at the supermarket...............

:D

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and crumpets with jam*

*oh, and cake*

Happy Birthday, @purplehaze!

Bright and sunny. I'm glad you guys are all safe from your various weather events.

Good to hear the kitties are healing, @trystan!

rainy and dreary today, but no storms today. yay.

it's your bday, purple? yay!! happy bday!

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

*oh, and cake*

Happy Birthday, @purplehaze!

8 minutes ago, trystan said:

it's your bday, purple? yay!! happy bday!

Thanks! It is a rainy, gloomy day here, but my friends and I plan to party this afternoon anyway!

Happy birthday! My own birthday is on Saturday! I'm too excited. 

It's windy here, but there's a bit of son. 

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Thanks! It is a rainy, gloomy day here, but my friends and I plan to party this afternoon anyway!

Enjoy!

We had a crazy busy lots of donations $1100+ day.  I think they missed us. :P

55 minutes ago, Evangeline said:

That's pretty awesome. Lots to sort through? 

Lots! And we're still trying to make visible progress in the mounds in the shed. :rolleyes:

The guy who installed my door yesterday is back, trying to make the top lock connect properly (unsuccessfully) and installing the deadbolt lock below it. This is taking much longer than I anticipated.

24 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Lots! And we're still trying to make visible progress in the mounds in the shed. :rolleyes:

The guy who installed my door yesterday is back, trying to make the top lock connect properly (unsuccessfully) and installing the deadbolt lock below it. This is taking much longer than I anticipated.

Oh my gosh. It's gonna be a whole monster if it ever comes to life. 

...Oh nooo. xD I feel like those things always take longer than expected. 

I just tried to edit my sig and lost a bunch of it. Time to learn how to edit sigs again. RIP. 

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone. I had a good day in spite of the gloom and rain.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.581624091ae8680eb1c3bf3af6953909.jpeg

Simply stunning picture! Looking so happy!

Love it! You had fun! :D

2 hours ago, Evangeline said:

It's gonna be a whole monster if it ever comes to life. 

XD It's already a monster. There aren't enough hours in the days to tackle it properly, especially when there are customers about.

2 hours ago, Evangeline said:

feel like those things always take longer than expected

Much. :rolleyes:

Good luck sorting out the sig.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

I had a good day in spite of the gloom and rain.

yay! and such a fun picture! :D 

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Love it! You had fun! :D

XD It's already a monster. There aren't enough hours in the days to tackle it properly, especially when there are customers about.

Much. :rolleyes:

Good luck sorting out the sig.

Hahaha. It needs a name, then! 

I think I got it to some semblance of what I wanted it to. Do you know if the artists of the eggs in my sig is still around? I can't find them.

Purple, you look so happy! I hope you have a fantastic time! 

Posted (edited)

i adulted a little bit ago - my laundry strips I'll now be using are made in Canada.

it started from a Farmer's Almanac email that had laundry strips from Earth Breeze.  used them for a few years, and then paid attention to the fact they're made in china.  so i ordered another brand. also made in china.  now I've ordered from Clean People, and these are made in Canada. yay! of course, we have the box from the second brand.  i mean, I'll still use them.  but we won't have to actually order laundry strips for maybe 2 years 🤯 LOL

Edited by trystan

I usually never stop posting because I'm stressed about another day; Today is state testing :(