purplehaze

New -- 100-Day Breeding Challenge 2023 - Ending September 7!

10 minutes ago, Saintley said:

Another week and still on Gen 1. Once again no egg.

Oof. That's frustrating. Are you fertilizing? (I've been overcompensating and fertilizing both mates. XD )

20 minutes ago, Saintley said:

:(

What Lagie said. Or maybe try a different mate for your starter dragon and see if that works better.

Or maybe you will finally get lucky next week.

Hope something works for you.

23 minutes ago, Saintley said:

Why not switch to one of your other lineages from Chilean? They're looking great?

4 hours ago, LadyMadonna said:

Why not switch to one of your other lineages from Chilean? They're looking great?

Yes - they are lovely. Go for it !

6 hours ago, Lagie said:

Oof. That's frustrating. Are you fertilizing? (I've been overcompensating and fertilizing both mates. XD )

Yup, every week.

6 hours ago, LadyMadonna said:

Is that allowed at this point? 'Cause there is one that's a breed-alternating stairstep that is going very well so far

6 hours ago, Saintley said:

Is that allowed at this point? 'Cause there is one that's a breed-alternating stairstep that is going very well so far

Sure. I don't see anything in the rules to prevent it. ;)

In that case, some catching up to do here:

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): https://dragcave.net/lineage/Cusrp

What Gen are you on now?:  2

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): https://dragcave.net/lineage/tjSFQ

What Gen are you on now?:  3

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): https://dragcave.net/lineage/n1vib

What Gen are you on now?:  4!

Nice! Hopefully they continue to cooperate!

2 hours ago, Saintley said:

In that case, some catching up to do here:

These are beautiful! I'm glad you were able to switch to something that is cooperating for you!

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): the egg

What Gen are you on now?: 5th

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): Ye Olde Omelette

What Gen are you on now?: 5th

Wait - that looks right - a male olive ?

I think if I influenced it male and paired with a female daydream it would bend as opposed to being a straight stair ^^

Unless I'm insane, influencing it male would get you a straight stair - the two breeds are alternating male and female.... But I may be nuts.... (I messed up my first challenge o this project making stair mistakes...) I THINK I see what you mean now, but....

1 hour ago, eurypterids said:

I think if I influenced it male and paired with a female daydream it would bend as opposed to being a straight stair ^^

You are right.

@Fuzzbucket it is quite easy to get confused! I particularly have trouble when trying to figure out what to do with the 3rd gen! But eurypterids is right and influencing it male would change the direction.

Edited by purplehaze
typo

12 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

You are right.

@Fuzzbucket it is quite easy to get confused! I particularly have trouble when trying to figure out what to do with the 3rd gen! But eurypterids is right and influencing it male would change the direction.

You are telling me. You may remember the first time I took part in this and tied to build a spiral..... In the end...

A mess: https://dragcave.net/lineage/8h1Vq

if y'all promise not to steal my names, I'll share my spreadsheet with you.  it's google sheets, and one of my tabs is for this project.  (and also tabs for my other projects.  all with names XD 

planning things out on a spreadsheet really helps me with the visualization of sprirals, stairsteps, and checkers (is it a checker if they're all the same breed?)

anyway, message me if you would like a glimpse into my crazed spreadsheet mind ;)