TJ09

2022-09-12 - Encyclopedia Update

Not to be ungrateful, but can we get a search feature and/or filter-by-breed on the scroll? Not having these features is super annoying.

Would it be alright to post a (hopefully) full list of the dragons that got updates, for those who auto-unlocked them so they don't have to trawl the entire encyclopedia?  Or would that be too "spoilery" and something everybody's supposed to hunt out themselves?

I managed to (hopefully) get a list together of the breeds that got new stuff or added/tweaked stuff.

3 hours ago, KageSora said:

Would it be alright to post a (hopefully) full list of the dragons that got updates, for those who auto-unlocked them so they don't have to trawl the entire encyclopedia?  Or would that be too "spoilery" and something everybody's supposed to hunt out themselves?

I managed to (hopefully) get a list together of the breeds that got new stuff or added/tweaked stuff.

There are lists in previous posts. ;)

And the tombstone is gone for me. I'll try and do some clicking about tomorrow! Thank you for the update, TJ! :)

@alci You can type the breed name without the # into the filter box to filter by breed.  It will start filtering beginning with the second letter you type.

12 hours ago, purplehaze said:

@Sheriziya The discrepancy between the counts may be just that the counts in the encyclopedia are only dragons that you have obtained after the encyclopedia was introduced. Any dragons that you had before that are not tallied.

Aha, right! And these breeds are all from (way) before the introduction of the encyclopedia! I had forgotten the encyclopedia wasn't there until 2015 :D
Thanks for the reminder!

I'll have to check the actual dragons to see their dates to see if they should have been in the encyclopedia nonetheless :D

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

There are lists in previous posts.

True, I just wasn't sure about "all at once".  I'll toss it in a spoiler just in case.

Alright, so here's a compilation I put together after combing through the Wiki (including the "edit history" to see when things were added, as it started updating while I was originally taking notes) and the Encyclopedia side-by-side.  Most of them are just full-on new entries, but some of them were partial additions and some of them were just little shuffles like "moved from one section to another".

May not be 100% complete, as I didn't check to see if any known spelling/grammar errors were updated or anything, etc., but this should be the vast majority if not all of them.  If it has added lore rather than just a brand new entry for one that didn't have any, I marked the sections that got new/tweaked data.  (Some of these are as simple as one extra line to unlock)

Spoiler

* means I had to unlock some stuff it myself, no asterisk means I relied entirely on Wiki edit history.
Italics means it has some tweaks/added lore, non-italics means it didn't have any entry prior.

Regular Dragons:

• Aether Wyvern

• Alcedine Wyvern

• Astralophyne

• Blazeback

• Bright-Breasted Wyvern*

• Cantomaris (Adult Behavior, Habitat)

• Cloudplume*

• Coastal Waverunner (Hatchling Behavior)

• Dark Green (Appearance/Basic Anatomy tweak, Adult Behavior, Habitat)

• Dorsal (Hatchling Behavior, Adult Behavior)

• Elux Lucis

• Floret Wyvern (Alstroemeria)

• Gemshard

• Khusa

• Lotaan*

• Mirisia Amphiptere

• Mistra*

• Monarch

• Moonstone*

• Pyrrichios*

• Sandwaste

• Serrati Wyvern*

• Shumoga

• Stratos

• Tercorn

• Thundersnow*

• Tideweaver

• Tsunami Wyvern*

• Venturis

• White (Some points from “Appearance” moved to “Adult Behavior”)

• Wisteria*

• Xol

Pygmies:

• Coral Pygmy Wyvern

• Glowback*

• Kyanite

• Mariner*

• Pargulus

• Pipio*

• Red-Tailed Wyrm (Adult Behavior, Habitat)

Two-Headeds:

• Blancblack

• False-Headed Hydra*

• Quonebb*

• Temple Wyrm

Holidays:

• Caligene

• Holiday 2010 (Ribbon Dancer)*

• Holiday 2011 (Blizzard Wizard)*

• Holiday 2013 (Solstice)

• Holiday 2014 (Mistletoe)*

• Holiday 2016 (Snow)*

• Holiday 2021 (Pyranost Lindwyrm)*

• Heartstealing*

• Iridichi

• Kohraki

• Pitfire

• Vermeil*

Hybrids:

• Amalthean*

• Jester*

• Sophrosyne*

Drakes:

• Howler*

• Morpho

• Psuedo-Wyvern

• Sabertooth Bull

• Spotted Teal

• Tarantula*

• Tatterdrake*

These changes are really great and I hope it's a sign of things to come. Maybe filters for our breeding page? I'm so, so, so happy to see filters for the encyclopedia and I'm hoping it is added for the thing we definitely really need it for! *fingers crossed*

I'm a little bit disappointed that egg descriptions haven't been added to the encyclopedia, though. I keep having to rely on the DC Wiki just to know what is what because there's just... too many breeds to keep track of and I'd rather not give a third party site views for that. To be honest, I think that's one of the major requested features that could bring more usefulness to the encyclopedia. It's already got great usefulness, just by telling you what biomes you can find eggs with. Is it possible a future update to the encyclopedia is planned to add this feature?

I went through yesterday and worked on completing all of my dragons that were tagged incomplete, but today I have a whole other list! Two breeds that were marked incomplete when I logged off yesterday now show complete (holiday dragon 2020 & sinomorph) and now 8 more breeds show incomplete that didn't yesterday (holiday 2010 & 2011, iridichi, jester, pipio, pseudo-wyvern, tsunami, and venturis). The only one that was there yesterday and still is today is undead.

I had the Vermeil show up today when it didn't yesterday, and it seems the Sinomorph has been fixed and no longer shows as incomplete.

First and foremost, thank you, TJ and all artists involved! These updates are amazing, I love new lore, and filters are some of the most useful features one can have in hand when dealing with databases :wub: I'd just like to add to the list of improvement notes that some dragons for which I'm still missing sprites are tagged as #complete. They are mostly those with alt sprites:

• stun Bolt Dragon
  • False-Headed Hydra Dragon
  • Iris Floret Wyvern
  • Holiday Dragon (2020)
  • scaleless Lumina Dragon (both Light and Dark)
  • green Nilia Pygmy
  • yellow Sapphire Dragon
  • wild Shumoga Dragon

Zombies are doing just fine showing as incomplete, though. Also, it would be so cool if we could filter by biome, hybrids, unbreedables, dinos, halloween and valentines ("holiday"s already have that on their names), and also have egg descriptions and a place for blue-winged Solstice XD

Anyways, thank you so much, everyone! I love it <3

I really am enjoying the new notes in the encyclopedia -- new fun facts about our dragons.

Thanks TJ and everyone else who had a hand in it. :)

Thanks! I've wanted to see more added to the encyclopedia for a while now, so this is great.

Looking forward to browsing through these! Awesome!

Is there a page detailing tags that can be searched? I’ve seen them mentioned in forum posts before, but never seen a comprehensive list.

Not to complain, I really love the new features added to the encyclopedia, but why does the encyclopedia get a search bar and not the breeding page as well?

1 hour ago, MoonlitEevee said:

why does the encyclopedia get a search bar and not the breeding page as well?

Hopefully the only reason is that this update was entirely focused on the encyclopedia and maybe we will get the other search bars that we want in a more wide spread update?