TJ09

2022-09-12 - Encyclopedia Update

Nice update and brings clarity to the game...

But where is the blue Solstice entry?! We've been waiting for this breed to get justice for years and we were told it would only happen with a pedia update... Well :/

Hmm, for me there are ten breeds that show up as incomplete even though I seem to have all sprites and notes unlocked...

Sweet!  This makes it so much easier to navigate!  Sometimes that many sprites just makes my eyes gloss right over the one I'm looking for, being able to filter it is a huge help!

3 hours ago, TCA said:

Woo! And we finally get the silhouettes!!

Huh ? Where didn't we ? (serious question.)

The first thing I went for - as you do - was #incomplete. Sinomorph came up - is that just because it has no sprites but adult ? It didn't ask for more views or anything !

Oh wait - but a couple more breeds I have completely unlocked also came up...

Edited by Fuzzbucket

50 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Huh ? Where didn't we ? (serious question.)

The Creatures page has new silhouette sprites. :)

All my breeds have notes now \o/

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Oh wait - but a couple more breeds I have completely unlocked also came up...

Yeah, I'm seeing that, too.  that's odd.

We're quite sure this is an incorrect use of the word "sentient":
"Spells are the willful use of magic by sentient creatures. This is how humans interact with magic: expressions of the caster’s will."

Are you sure you meant sentient or maybe rather sapient? It's a painfully common mistake for some reason and sapient seems much more likely here.
irl reference: sentient is true for dogs, fish and humans, sapient is true for humans, and none is true for bacteria

sentient is pretty much just about sensory processing and reactiveness to the stimuli (basic awareness of the environment, e.g. a fly being drawn to a food source and having a flee reflex when you try to smash it with a newspaper or slipper. I don't think you meant to cover a fly in this paragraph - you did though)

I'm confused. When I screened for incompletes I got only Sinomorph (which does not appear to have anything new to unlock), Holiday 2021 (which does seem to have new unlocks), and Undead (which has new silhouettes). Where are the dozens of breeds with updates?

Hm, I'm also seeing one or two breeds that I know aren't complete for me--I'm missing some sprites--not showing up while using the #incomplete filter.

Edit:  Going manually through, I found another breed or two that needed an unlock that wasn't showing with the filter

18 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I'm confused. When I screened for incompletes I got only Sinomorph (which does not appear to have anything new to unlock), Holiday 2021 (which does seem to have new unlocks), and Undead (which has new silhouettes). Where are the dozens of breeds with updates?

I wonder if you already had enough observations or raised ones that they're already completed even with the updates?  I got a whole ton of breeds...

But then again, it's quite possibly a bug, since some of us are getting breeds that are completed returned using it and others don't seem to be...

Edited by KageSora

16 minutes ago, KageSora said:

I wonder if you already had enough observations or raised ones that they're already completed even with the updates?

I wondered that, too, but if so I am a little disappointed because how do I know which ones have new info if I don't have to unlock it?

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

I wondered that, too, but if so I am a little disappointed because how do I know which ones have new info if I don't have to unlock it?

Manually check, I guess.  I've been going through and doing that to see what the filter catches and doesn't.

It would have been nice for the breeds to be listed in the OP.  :(

False-Hydras got a bunch of info, but since I'd observed so dang many to unlock all the variants they're just auto-completed, for example.

Lemme try and put together a list of ones that I've found that had new/added lore, I'm going through some now...

Okay, here's what I got:  (* = I had to unlock stuff)

Regular Dragons:

• Aether Wyvern
  • Alcedine Wyvern
  • Astralophyne
  • Blazeback
  • Bright-Breasted Wyvern*
  • Cantomaris
  • Cloudplume*
  • Dark Green
  • Dorsal
  • Lotaan*
  • Mistra*
  • Moonstone*
  • Pyrrichios*
  • Serrati Wyvern*
  • Thundersnow*
  • Tsunami Wyvern*
  • Wisteria*

Pygmies:

• Coral Pygmy Wyvern
  • Glowback*
  • Mariner*
  • Pipio*

Two-Headeds:

• Blancblack
  • False-Headed Hydra*
  • Quonebb

Holidays:

• Holiday 2010 (Ribbon Dancer)*
  • Holiday 2011 (Blizzard Wizard)*
  • Holiday 2014 (Mistletoe)*
  • Holiday 2016 (Snow)*
  • Holiday 2021 (Pyranost Lindwyrm)*
  • Heartstealing*
  • Vermeil*

Hybrids:

• Amalthean*
  • Joker*
  • Sophrosyne*

Drakes:

• Howler*
  • Tarantula*
  • Tatterdrake*

I imagine there's others, but that'll require probably just going through the entire Encyclopedia to see.  As of right now you can check against what's listed on the Wiki, but as soon as that's updated there won't be a way to tell what you auto-unlocked and what you had already unless you remember reading it...  I'll see what I can do about checking against that, but I've only got a little bit of time left and IDK how quick the Wiki will get updated with all this XD

Aaaaand  the wiki is updating and I don't have time to manually check against edit history and sort out what got added and what was there before.

Edited by KageSora

Spoilering my post because it looks like these tags have been fixed.  Thanks, such a fast response! :blush:  Now to finish unlocking the new unlocks!

Spoiler

I worked very hard to get my Encyclopedia up to date prior to the update.  I have also found inconsistencies with the #incomplete tag.

I had 21 dragons show up as incomplete tag.  One I expected, as it is the only one I'm currently working on.  Of the other 20, the following 7 dragons showed up as #incomplete, even though their pages indicated no further unlocks, and do not show any new silhouettes (I apologize for overlaps with prior posts).  Please don't take my number of dragons with new lore (13) to mean anything other than I've viewed enough of the other updated dragons to have completed them automagically. 😆

• Falconiform Wyvern
  • Gold-horned Tangar
  • Grave
  • Shadow Walker
  • Sinomorph
  • Ultraviolet
  • Water Walker

I've checked all my #completed dragons, and the following 11 dragons have additional unlocks.

• Blazeback
  • Holiday 2011 (Winter Magi)
  • Holiday 2016 (Snow)
  • Iridichi
  • Jester
  • Mirisia Amphiptere
  • Pipio Pygmy
  • Pseudo-wyvern Drake
  • Serrati Wyvern
  • Sophrosyne
  • Tsunami Wyvern
  •  
Edited by Moranna

I decided to put QOL requests in a different post.

Filter requests:

• I'd like to be able to filter by first letter of the name.  Sometimes I don't know how to spell, lol.
  • A reference page for a list available # filters, with a brief description of what they mean. 
  • A count of how many dragons each filter brings up.  For example, "Holiday" should show "15".
  • Add filters for Halloween and Valentine dragons.
  • Add filter by biome, including "Unknown".

Encyclopedia requests:

•  For consistency's sake, types should be assigned to everything that doesn't currently have one (chicken, dinos, undead, zyumorph).  Not sure how to handle Zyumorh and Undead, since their alts have different types.  Maybe "Mixed", or internally tag them with all the relevant types? 🤔
  • Will dragons without an element, like Bauta and Common Pygmy, be assigned one?
  • Can the two different types of Florets be updated to indicate Iris vs Alstromeria?
  • Can the images for the blue Solstice dragons be brought back?
Edited by Moranna

Awesome! Thanks for the update, TJ!

I did notice some weird things though. Not sure if I should post this here or elsewhere. Mods, please move it if it should be somewhere else.

1. There is actually showing text instead of a silhouette.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.cace88048f36f04860a554960bd583b5.png

2. It's showing text with a link:

Spoiler

image.png.83f005f9a04f9a73cbfcb509ced48a1c.png

3. On the page of the above dragon, it's not showing a silhouette, but instead text (I've this issue with several breeds already, also while accessing the breed name link from the dragon page instead of the encyclopedia page):

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c503786c216e39cb748b68fb13d606bc.png

4. Encyclopedia doesn't count the Glaucus correctly. It says I only have one adult raised:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a22d7a6a2bd6c2d270a95e7cdd13ec89.png

While I actually have 4 adults and 1 hatchling on my scroll:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.54e29cb019ae7925ab012836353ce7a0.png

5. For the hellhorse the count is also wrong. The encylopedia says I have none, while I have 1 adult.
6. For the howler drake it says I have 1 adult, while I actually have 5.

7. For the Sunrise it says I've got none, while I have 3 adults

8. For Ultraviolet it says I've got none, while i have 1 adult

Question for completing my breeds:
What is the dragon between Skysilk and Skywing?

BTW, I love the encyclopedia. It's been a while since i checked it :D

@Sheriziya The discrepancy between the counts may be just that the counts in the encyclopedia are only dragons that you have obtained after the encyclopedia was introduced. Any dragons that you had before that are not tallied.