AncientFyre

Grab-hatch-(drop)

Right now the Halloween eggs at the AP are at 2days 13h and can't be influenced. As TJ stated in another topic, he won't change the 3 day-limit for BSA influence, so we have to find other ways to get to the influencable eggs of the AP.

Here's the idea: everyone with scrollspace grabs AP-eggs and hatches them (should not take long). once they hatched, you can gift, trade or re-AP them. we'll keep at it, until the eggs with 3days and more appear. (I seem to recall that there was only a post going that direction but I could not find it.)

So, what do you think?

This is exactly what many people do during holiday walls! There is usually a hatchie-wall at the end of holiday walls for this very reason. (Also, this is probably more a Site Discussion thing, since it's asking users to participate in something and not an actual suggestion for the site.)

Please, don't re-abandon hatchlings when the AP is this low! They grow up in the wild and never get to scrolls of people who would love to raise them. If they're posted in the departure thread, they'll easily find a good home.

8 hours ago, dragongrrl said:

Please, don't re-abandon hatchlings when the AP is this low! They grow up in the wild and never get to scrolls of people who would love to raise them.

As long as people remember to take them out of hatcheries first, the hatchlings won't grow wild.

1 hour ago, Laura-Borealis said:

I've hatched several batches. It's coming along - 2 days, 20 hours now.

that must be why I caught a hatchie at 2 days 21 hours a while ago with 191 uv! I got so confused tbh XD then I gifted it to my friend. I was expecting the hatch-drop wall to come in after the egg wall ends

I think it does? Any that I've hatched and abandoned would have 7 days, same as any that's fresh out of the egg. The one you caught must have been abandoned by someone a few days ago.

13 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

As long as people remember to take them out of hatcheries first, the hatchlings won't grow wild.

This is why I use hatcheries with ER-only options that automatically remove hatchies when they hatch (if I don't intend to keep the hatchies). Manual removal can get tedious after a while.

3 minutes ago, Obelisk-of-Light said:

This is why I use hatcheries with ER-only options that automatically remove hatchies when they hatch (if I don't intend to keep the hatchies).

Same here!

I use AOND and Evina's. Are there any others that allow adding eggs to the ER only

36 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

Same here!

I use AOND and Evina's. Are there any others that allow adding eggs to the ER only?

I don't think so, but I'm not sure.

I was doing this nonstop the last few days, now feeling a bit burnt out and like I need to spay people's dragons. So am taking a break from it. Sad to see not many CBs mixed in like past years.

26 minutes ago, Vhale said:

I was doing this nonstop the last few days, now feeling a bit burnt out and like I need to spay people's dragons. So am taking a break from it. Sad to see not many CBs mixed in like past years.

We need a Trap-Neuter-Release program 😂

57 minutes ago, Vhale said:

My last hunt half an hour ago revealed a CB Marrow. growing on my scroll now, and all the 2g, 3g 4g even gen pretties I bred should be coming up with the last four hours of breeding from the 31st. I know there were others talking about dropping cbs on the 31st, both old and new releases for those with trouble catching them. I hope these get to people who want them, and not the Wilderness.

Personally, I still need CBs of Pumpkins, Desipis, Witchlights, Arcanas, Kohrakis, Omens, Pitfires and 4 more of the new release. I've managed 2 of the Pumpkins and Desipis, 1 each Witchlight and Arcana, but 0 Kohraki, Omen or Pitfire. I don't unlock again until tonight, and I hope the Halloween AP lasts until I can pick up at least 8 more.

GO SLOWER!

We really need higher trophy levels.

2 hours ago, Obelisk-of-Light said:

This is why I use hatcheries with ER-only options that automatically remove hatchies when they hatch (if I don't intend to keep the hatchies). Manual removal can get tedious after a while.

Huh, do hatchlings keep accumulating views even when they're scroll-less? 

I've been throwing hatchies in the AP left and right

edit: checking on some of my hatchlings that I precog'd, hatched, and abandoned, I think they do. WELP, I did not know this. And here I thought I was contributing to a hatchie wall this entire time. RIP.

Edited by Kiyoura

4 minutes ago, Kiyoura said:

Huh, do hatchlings keep accumulating views even when they're scroll-less? 

Yes, they do. Unless they are removed from the hatcheries.

Just now, purplehaze said:

Yes, they do. Unless they are removed from the hatcheries.

💀 I wish I knew beforehand, welp.

I didn't realize that either. Today I've been removing them before abandoning, but I didn't yesterday, oh well.

TBH I don't care if they grow up wild. Every one that grows up wild is one less messy clutch clogging the AP next year. 

😭 I've only been hatching and abandoning nice lineages in hopes that I'd re-find them again maybe in a few days.

We have different philosophies 😂 I was hatching the messies on the theory that someone always picks up a hatchling, if only to freeze. 

I hope you find yours again! or at least they find homes.

Yeah, I'm hoping they didn't all end up in the Wilderness.

1 hour ago, dragongrrl said:

My last hunt half an hour ago revealed a CB Marrow. growing on my scroll now, and all the 2g, 3g 4g even gen pretties I bred should be coming up with the last four hours of breeding from the 31st. I know there were others talking about dropping cbs on the 31st, both old and new releases for those with trouble catching them. I hope these get to people who want them, and not the Wilderness.

Personally, I still need CBs of Pumpkins, Desipis, Witchlights, Arcanas, Kohrakis, Omens, Pitfires and 4 more of the new release. I've managed 2 of the Pumpkins and Desipis, 1 each Witchlight and Arcana, but 0 Kohraki, Omen or Pitfire. I don't unlock again until tonight, and I hope the Halloween AP lasts until I can pick up at least 8 more.

GO SLOWER!

We really need higher trophy levels.

I also nabbed one CB marrow. I did manage to add 1 CB of the newbies, which is nice. I only had 7. And one nice purebred pumpkin. The other nice lineages I snagged misgendered. 1 2g Prizekin. /sadness.