KipsyCakes

Let's all share our Haunted Harvest Farms!

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Why won't things go where I want to put them?

Some things take a 4 x 4 space. I had trouble with those last year.

are there new decorations for the haunted farm? i actually really like the way i left mine last year, so I don't want to mess with it unless there's some new stuff.

1 hour ago, Aniia said:

are there new decorations for the haunted farm? i actually really like the way i left mine last year, so I don't want to mess with it unless there's some new stuff.

No. I'm disappointed.  It'd be nice if some of the decorations were simply reversed images for more variety.

If I recall correctly there are 8 cats/kittens, and 2 ravens/crows on my farm

268A99D7-3ABB-4869-882A-488801318487.thumb.png.e43dea2dbd317484faac314acd75d4fe.png

On 10/26/2022 at 11:19 PM, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Why won't things go where I want to put them?

It took me WAAAY too long to figure out that the fence pieces still take up a square -- either the square behind the fence, or the square in front of it.  Once I had that in mind, it was easier to plan accordingly.  Also, you can't put anything on top of the buyable "path" squares, but you *can* place items on the existing paths. 

Good luck!  I'm going crazy trying to get enough energy and money, and dropping things in the wrong place by accident!  How did _anyone_ build their farm in only a week, last year???

1 hour ago, Kelkelen said:

How did _anyone_ build their farm in only a week, last year???

I mapped mine out on a pice of paper. XD Then had to completely rework it when I realized a lot of the grown items took up four spaces not one or two. :rolleyes: But it was a lot of fun and I'm pleased with the result.

https://dragcave.net/halloween21/Lagie

12 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I mapped mine out on a pice of paper. XD Then had to completely rework it when I realized a lot of the grown items took up four spaces not one or two. :rolleyes: But it was a lot of fun and I'm pleased with the result.

https://dragcave.net/halloween21/Lagie

I love it!  I really like how it's orderly in the front and kind of wild in the back...and is that carnivorous plant COLLECTING victims?  😮  My front half is actually similar, but I want to make a cemetery on the back left and a swamp with mushrooms on the back right... and I've wasted SO much energy fiddling around back there with fences!

I’m still trying to figure out how some users were able to have the plants close to other ones. I keep having them not grow saying too close:p

39 minutes ago, animalworld7 said:

I’m still trying to figure out how some users were able to have the plants close to other ones. I keep having them not grow saying too close:p

I think it's both timing of planting and a little bit of a glitch. I've removed stuff. then been unable to put it back, and there's no Undo button.

I'm done. 

I was right. I made a mess

(My phone won't take a screenshot of the whole garden)

Those three cauldrons are just Miracle Grow I swear!

Screenshot_20221030-150334_Chrome.jpg

Can you spot the hidden kitten?

10 hours ago, Kelkelen said:

I love it!  I really like how it's orderly in the front and kind of wild in the back...and is that carnivorous plant COLLECTING victims?  😮 

Thanks! :)

Um... maybe? ;)

Good luck with yours!

I love all your pumpkins, @Long_Before_Sunrise! And kitten was easy! :)

been having a lot of fun with this. fences take so much space and it's hard to plan them correctly though... still thinking about what i'll add in the back, but i'm happy with how it's going so far

image.png.290a65309f12bf25602dda277c6703db.png

11 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I think it's both timing of planting and a little bit of a glitch. I've removed stuff. then been unable to put it back, and there's no Undo button.

I'm done. 

I was right. I made a mess

(My phone won't take a screenshot of the whole garden)

Those three cauldrons are just Miracle Grow I swear!

Screenshot_20221030-150334_Chrome.jpg

Can you spot the hidden kitten?

Thanks for the info and great harvest farm! Yep cute kitty and.. lol mines still “to be determined” 🤣

I really liked the sprites last year so I just made a "growing stages" display on the farm, plus a little bit of outside decorations using the crops and weeds that didn't quite fit the aesthetics of the interior farm. The sprouting cabbages are, frankly, gorgeous. Because the gate was an even number in an odd-tile board, I left 2 rows outside on the top-left side instead of 1, and it still functions very well as an illusion of evenness, imo.897560542_SmartSelect_20221031-031851_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.00da7bcdb313678e5d11613a3c85896d.jpg

https://dragcave.net/halloween21/Shadowdrake

Edited by Shadowdrake

On 10/27/2022 at 9:50 AM, CHEP said:

No thoughts, just cabbag

Screenshot_20221027_165030.png

Absolutely love this one.

Now you just have to hope the avatar and his friends don't waltz through that 😄

I enjoy seeing all the creative Haunted Harvest Farms.  I made mine sort of random.

Harvest.png

9 hours ago, Gluria said:

Absolutely love this one.

Now you just have to hope the avatar and his friends don't waltz through that 😄

0948a95c2fa58dc7025b4d9f85d36e956a571e7fEachThirstyHawk-mobile.jpg

CE6-B5-E13-BB1-B-460-E-BA7-F-A58-AE338-B

https://dragcave.net/halloween21/StarKaabi

"Welcome to the Fairsky Family Farm. Totally not a dragon graveyard. All those tombstones? N-no, those are just... props! We swear! No one died here, nope, totally not, uhh... ohhhh YEAH I just remembered I think I left the socks in the... oven! Yeah! The oven! Erm BYE-"

Edited by Moonstruck_Starlight

I love seeing everybody's farms!  I got a very late start on mine  (honestly, I think there might have been a glitch? A few days in I noticed I was at Level 0 despite having some stuff planted that I thought I'd put in days ago) and didn't do anything with it last year, so it's all new to me.  :)  So far I'm keeping a lot of space 'wild,' and have decided that I am only going to use "natural" (randomly-generated at the start of the game) rocks & stumps - it'll be a fun challenge!  I'll post a picture once I'm a little further along.  Meanwhile I'm just monocropping acorn squash for $$ in between all the rocks I'm still indecisive about removing.  :)

Edited by sorenna

Finally done with my farm today!

chrome_2022-11-02_21-12-47.thumb.png.8e6fc7cef6f606150ab668bdd4da8f99.png

Welcome to my abode, what stew can I make out of you today?

(Yes, that's a poor attempt at drawing a :3 face on my farm lol.)

I came back from a long hiatus so this is my first time playing this.

Some gripes about the game:

• The energy system - I really wished the cap is higher when I was doing a big renovation on my farm. It capping out in 4h (?) is way too short IMO.
  • Lack of layering - Honestly kinda annoying that I can't put a different floor tile in the squares where I have other decorations. Also, why do fences take up an entire square when they're clearly only occupying the sides of a specific square???
  • Fixed places where crops can be grown - I'd like to be able to move where we are able to plant crops for a more creative design but oh well.
  • Decoration choices - More variety would be nice but kinda understandable that nobody really wants to divert resources into working on adding to an old event.

Overall I still had fun though. I like how crops don't actually die if you don't water them but just stays suspended since some previous growth stages' sprites are pretty nice.

I couldn't resist placing a few carnivorous plants in my little graveyard, lurking around tombstones 💀

Halloween.jpg

1 hour ago, Auriene said:

I couldn't resist placing a few carnivorous plants in my little graveyard, lurking around tombstones 💀

For that casual cemetery exploration that ends in shocked screams.

I really like your graveyard.

But what are those three kittens up to?

22 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

But what are those three kittens up to?

I believe it is The Annual Kitten Conspiracy Meeting - last year, they held it in a different spot . Although I have no idea what exactly they are up to, they are kinda mysterious about that 😺