KipsyCakes

Let's all share our Haunted Harvest Farms!

55 minutes ago, Gluria said:

Finally did smth with my farm but neither done yet nor happy with how it looks like v.v

image.png.3c41684136d0caef137dfc88d86d61a5.png

Ooh, I like the glowshrooms flanking the lamppost-lined entryway!

On 11/1/2021 at 11:39 AM, Moonlightelf said:

I love what everyone came up with their farms ^^ So many unique farms! 💖

I had bit of fun when planning the garden ^^ In fact, I came up with a story :3

p38kghD.png

Story under spoiler tag due to it being a bit lengthy :3

Reveal hidden contents

"What did I sign up myself to this time?" Young man sighed as he rode on back of a Magi dragon, being not too far away from their destination. While he had gladly taken the task from his mentor, her words of caution rang in his mind: "Take Nar'Sanara with you. Just in case. With what has been happening during previous years, one can never be too careful."

It was true that the past events around this time of the year had been quite a handful with reports from the outbreak of Undead dragons, haunted forest and discovery of lost city at the Great Desert... but he remembered more fondly the little hatchlings coming to his mentor's door for some candy or the visit at the carnival. If only he had gotten his mentor with him, but apparently she needed to attend to a meeting with a Candelabra dragon. And breaking a promise to such dragon would have rather ill consequences too. Or so he has been told.

"We are here, Damra," the Magi dragon informed, landing near the mansion and what had looked like a farm nearby, making the man snap out of his reminiscence of the past events. Immediately there was a feeling as if something was watching his every move, making Damra get down from the dragon's back to look around. Something just didn't feel right. Hastily he grabbed the notes he had been given about what had been already known about this place. A scientist had been living here with his wife and three assistants... now the question was where were they? Why was the mansion dark? As he walked down the path towards the mansion, his eyes glanced at what was supposedly the farm in the distance.

Nothing was normal in this place. Even less when Damra opened the door into the mansion, only to be greeted by a scared cat that immediately dashed into the farm. After the initial jump scare from the feline, he stepped into the mansion that soon presented itself as abandoned. His heart sunk at this thought, remembering the stories his mentor told about one very specific Haunted house. Was something similar going on here?

After spending couple hours in the abandoned mansion, Damra came back out with handful of notes. He had gotten bit of respite from the feeling of being watched, but same luxury didn't offer itself to Nar'Sanara. "Damra... I feel very uneasy about this place... I am glad that Styna had that meeting now, given that this pressure would have been too much for her by now," the Magi mused about the predicament, the man nodding under his hood as he sat down on the porch to read the notes and reports. Few reports in particular caught his eye...

Day 235

Aurax is shining especially brightly tonight as we bury my wife into the soil of the garden. It is unfortunate that the Carnivorous Plant had managed to somehow spread from the enclosure into the nearby acorn squash garden. Goodbye, my beloved Helera... I will miss you very much....

Day 281

I told my assistants to be careful when going into the enclosure, but of course Kellan had other ideas when going to harvest the Glowshrooms. I suppose the Omen wyrm passing through to another territory wasn't enough of a warning to that man. Then again, I was always the superstitious one of this entire team. Otherwise the observations and studies on the Eye Stalks and Carnivorous Plants are going well.

Day 347

I should have told Aldoe to not harvest today... the blasted tree didn't survive the storm like I had anticipated. Rest in peace, my friend. Kellan's grave had started to grow the Glowshrooms and somehow... they are more haunting than the ones in closure. I need to observe if Aldoe's grave will do the same, given the spores harvested from the mushrooms.

Day 359

With Aldoe's death, an Eye Stalk has sprouted nearby the Pumpkins. With Latho we decided to build smaller enclosure to contain the plant.

Day 434

Latho couldn't take this anymore. I will continue the experiments alone with the plants. At the very least the garden is doing well, but the pathways were too much work to maintain anymore. Oh Helera... I miss you so much...

Day 439

Where is it? I cannot find it. I know there is something else watching me. It isn't from the two closures...

Day 441

Where is it!? Where is it!? I have to find it!

But... what if it isn't a plant...? What do I do?

"...Nar'Sanara?" Damra finally spoke, making the Magi nearly jump from the fright of being addressed: "Y-yes...?"

"Lets go home. I think we are done here."

I know it's from last year, but OH MY GOODNESS I love it!  That's a lovely little horror story!

Now I feel I like this a lot more ... will have to do smth about the graveyard tho, not happy with that one yet

image.thumb.png.3285b62c8616b9a9a360d1257dc2b804.png

4 hours ago, Gluria said:

Now I feel I like this a lot more ... will have to do smth about the graveyard tho, not happy with that one yet

All the neat rows of green looks nice to me.

Okay, so... here's my Haunted Harvest farm!  There's a nice open area where you enter, to sit on hay bales and drink hot cocoa and hot mulled cider.  Don't know why the cider's green, though! 

There's a nursery beside the cabbage patch, for starting all the new seeds.  Just don't venture past the fence...

The Prophet is speaking from atop a twisted tree in the old graveyard, and the local cats are filing in to hear her speak.  The kitten at the foot of the tree believes.  Matthew the Raven is observing from behind a pile of stones.

Back past the pumpkin patch, the land sinks down into a bog, where the most delectable glowshrooms can be found.  A wooden path has been laid down to access them, but a part of it always washes out after a heavy rain. 

Once you've completed your tour, you can join us on the hay bales and hear a spooky story about the farm in years gone by, guaranteed to chill your bones! 

The Story: 

Content Warning: murder, suicide, misogyny, Puritanical stuff, violence, revenge... you know.  It's a Halloween horror story!

They all said it was a suicide.  Shame, over her pregnancy out of wedlock.  Guilt over being such a temptress, a jezebel.  She had damned her own soul.  They buried her outside the churchyard, as was fitting.

He had said that he adored her, loved her more than life itself.  And fool that she was, she had believed him. 

When she told him of the baby, she had expected him to be pleased, if anxious to wed sooner than they had planned.  In fact, he'd begged her to come away with him.  He knew a town, he said, where the pastor would wed them immediately, no questions asked.  Then they could present themselves to their parents proudly, arm in arm, as husband and wife.

She'd met him at the crossroads, the following dawn.  Climbed up behind him on his horse, and off they went.  He had seemed a bit irritable.  Touchy.  Maybe because the horse was skittish, that morning -- or was it only so skittish because he kept spurring it on so relentlessly? 

Then came the river. 

He dismounted in the middle, where it was deepest, and hauled her down after him.  All the gentleness had fled his touch.  His expression was cold, disgusted.  She could see that, in his eyes, she had become nothing but a burdensome object.  Even his own child, quickened in her womb, was but a nuisance sent to torment him.  He spoke not a word as he held her, held them, under. 

They buried her outside the churchyard.  Although she had done nothing but love and trust most faithfully, be fruitful and multiply as God had commanded.  Her parents were inconsolable.  As for him, he wept false tears at their side, and no one was the wiser. 

He generously forgave her for betraying him.  Temptations of the flesh are powerful, after all.  He had loved her too much to blame her, and saw no reason to seek the father, possibly driving another young soul too soon into the arms of death.  Bravely, he carried on. 

Years passed.  Her parents, worn thin from grief and shame, faded and let death take them.  It was as if he had murdered them as well.  Yet he remained above reproach.  In time, he even married, and had the audacity to welcome children of his own.  And when their grandfather died, their father began to farm the family land. 

The land beside the cemetery.  The land, as it happened, nearest to her grave.

The first time she tried it, all she could manage to send out was a sickly green shoot that withered nearly as fast as it had risen.  The next time, it was easier.  By the third attempt, she was able to put down roots.  Then, all she had to do was wait.  The sun and rain would do the rest. 

He paid no mind to the weeds outside the borders of his farming plots.  Not until the day his son returned home bleeding.  What could have bitten him?  The father spent hours crouching in the fallow fields, musket in hand, but no creature appeared, and each night he came back empty-handed. 

The next time, she took flesh as well as blood. 

Afterward, the son lay fevered, his wound festering.  She could feel his strength waning as hers waxed full.  Sending it forth, she used it to grow what she was once robbed of.  Soon, she would have children.  Soon, the father would know a portion of her pain. 

But as he went hunting the unknown threat, he came across something in the undergrowth.  Something that grew a sickly, rotting green.  Something with teeth. 

He had a dark suspicion.  To his wife's confusion, he would neither scythe nor burn the thing.  Instead, fences were mounted to encircle it.  It could garner no more blood.  Its shoots were arrested in their growth.  And, day by day, the son's small strength returned. 

But that was then.  Now, she has a secret.  It gestates in the northern bog, the farthest that her powers will extend.  This child, he will not take from her.  This child will grow, mature.  And by late autumn, when the son is sent again to harvest fungus from the swamp, her child will be full-grown.  The son will be too far to hobble home.  The father, he will feel the deepest pain there is.  And she, beneath the sod, will find her peace at last.

20221101_205538.jpg

Edited by Kelkelen

Me in the mood for some major reworking on my farm: Why don't you. Regain energy! Faster!!! 🙈

image.png.051cd1f0211741e6e7d6e199e6c73819.png

1 hour ago, Kelkelen said:

Okay, so... here's my Haunted Harvest farm!  There's a nice open area where you enter, to sit on hay bales and drink hot cocoa and hot mulled cider. 

Once you've completed your tour, you can join us on the hay bales and hear a spooky story about the farm in years gone by, guaranteed to chill your bones! 

Disclaimer: Not responsible for any loss of life and limb if someone enters the fenced off area in Aisle 6.

I want to add some grass between the plots on my farm but I’m out of coins and I’m too lazy to harvest my crops and then wait for them to regrow.

1 hour ago, Naraku said:

What farm?

I believe that's what they call a plague. 

On 11/3/2022 at 4:58 PM, Gluria said:

Me in the mood for some major reworking on my farm: Why don't you. Regain energy! Faster!!! 🙈

image.png.051cd1f0211741e6e7d6e199e6c73819.png

Mood. 

What do you mean, wait?  I have plans now!

12 hours ago, sorenna said:

Mood. 

What do you mean, wait?  I have plans now!

Hear, hear!! 

Okay, I made an attempt.  :)

All obstacles, as mentioned before, are natural; I only removed, I did not add.

HHarvest.png.5e740dbb76f38e224297f095ee42d8c2.png

Next year I'll harvest that second Eyestalk and add some more squash & pumpkin back there; it got a little squash-heavy toward the front, with not enough in back.

I have decided that the lump next to the closed eyestalk is a dead mouse, left there by the cat near the cabbage head.  (The Catbbage, if you will.)  :P

Does anyone know how many levels there are?

On 11/4/2022 at 12:01 AM, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Disclaimer: Not responsible for any loss of life and limb if someone enters the fenced off area in Aisle 6.

hahahaha!  Yes... the tale explains in depth! 

I decided today to make a corner sidewalk so my new crops didn't have enough time to grow, but those pesky kids managed to break two parts of the new fence already and took all the corn, parsnips and cabbages in between! 😕

NYtM3sM.png