KipsyCakes

Let's all share our Haunted Harvest Farms!

Pretty happy with mine as a partially reclaimed old graveyard.  I didn't remove a single gravestone (didn't want to disturb... anything 👀), just worked around them and added a few here and there. Not counting the scaredy cat, there are 13 black kittens. The cauldron in the back-left has questionable contents, but the one towards the middle-right is clearly cabbage soup. :lol: A couple of the graves have suspiciously fresh-turned dirt and the eye-stalk is keeping watch at the gate.This was pretty fun, and I'm really enjoying seeing everyone's beautiful gardens. Especially the short stories! Thank you all for sharing.

image.thumb.png.7bc5b6fe9f312b5ff3b44952dd2958e7.png

I ended up really liking my farm (also because I know in the future I'll get a chance to work on making it a little more "pretty" and "cultivated" looking). I totally get the feelings about the energy max, how many resources were given and required, etc. Generally, like for Xmas events, we are used to a two week timer, I don't know if this had that or not, but I just know I was busy a lot. 

But I kinda like how mine and others look like "What sort of dummy goes into this overgrown graveyard, throws some seeds around, doesn't even know what all the packages of seeds are, and may or may not come back to tend it to see exactly what happens and LOOK!!" This is probably why the dragons don't put us in charge of cleaning up graveyards very often, especially some that may have some various multi mana mix influences. 

It seems I brought a poor mama cat with me, she had to watch all these horrifying things grow, is scared out of her wits trying to figure out how to get to anywhere from here and her three kittens haven't lost their mittens (perhaps their minds) because they seem to be like "oooo this looks like fun, look at all the small logs and tree holes I can climb into with the friends with the glowy eyes and play this is going to be great!!

So ultimately, when I built a story around it, as dragons understand sometimes us "lackadaisical humans irresponsible of the consequences of their actions and that is why we can't put them charge of anything and have to do it all ourselves".... Now I understand why we need GoNs and Sinomorphs. Maybe it isn't just to keep all the various crazy dragon species in check. Maybe they are keeping an eye on us too, and will gently remind us in the future we need to be better custodians of our places and give us another chance and cleaning it up a bit more, like parents letting their children "clean up their room" attempts over and over. Once I built a story, I didn't mind it so much:

Halloween Farm.PNG

Edited by Natayah

On 10/30/2021 at 8:21 PM, Pinch of StarDust said:

30092663_finishedhauntedharvestwith2crows.png.5b9b84b9bb75dc37a6bbe9f0391c2cba.png123863721_2crows.png.0dfb611e56ccc80e9d9ad2e42f4b53ed.png

oh im glad u liked the idea! i wish i could see your picture tho :"0

These are all lovely!! I really hope we get more games like this in the future too!

My favorite things are pumpkins - so of course I had to do an overgrown pumpkin patch! They are taking over the rest of the garden :o :) 

Spoiler

Halloween_Garden_Final.thumb.PNG.7600d948a574edc88bfa4402c79b940e.PNG

1 hour ago, Alskasaur said:

Also, this isn't my farm but it is my favorite farm by far and I was seriously considering doing something similar...

Behold the kitten army!

Screenshot-75.png

Their username better be "catcrazy" or similar

Jh6NJ6e.png

story:

In the north, in a far, far away region, very wealthy and powerful people used to have insanely big properties to spend the holidays and gather with other wealthy families. Time passed by and masquerade balls and ships full of servants slowly stopped being seeing around. In a land of full of forbidden and sometimes unrequited love, the snowy magical forests and majestic mansions lost their charms, dragons and humans vanished, mist and ghosts found a new home.

Many of those opulent properties had their very own graveyards back their mansions, but ghosts from one particular graveyard tell some mysterious man arrived and started growing crops there, in between the tombstones and started a new family with a blind dragon and countless cats. Growing and harvesting pumpkins year after year seem to bring peace to this man and his family.

Maybe those forsaken places are meant for beings who belong to nowhere, not even there. But perhaps, just perhaps, that emptiness fills their hearts with peace and that peace fills the emptiness with new life.

These all look so good! Sadly my pumpkins didn't grow up in time but apart from that I'm fairly happy with my farm/cemetery.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.abb7956d0f12d77616e8c4f796a60353.png

Edited by Docthings

https://dragcave.net/halloween21/MessengerDragon

OyKZQcI.png

Glowshrooms are cute. Cat and raven admire miscellaneous pumpkins. Eyestalk asks scarecrow's opinion on pumpkin-carving attempt. Other scarecrow chilling with a raven. Cabbage is a pretty flower. Gravelly path and grass in front of some visited graves. Cool composition with lamppost. Eyes-in-a-log peeking through a swamp. Pumpkin scarecrow just because. Tree-eyes' corner with cauldron and squashes. Other eyes-in-a-log have some pretty parsnip flowers to admire.

I planned to finish my farm today (I understood that the event was supposed to continue through November 1), but it seems that now it needs to stay like this. I'm generally pleased with the result, but I wish I could properly grow the rest of the plants and finish my creepy little cemetery in the upper part:

h1KdY3.jpg

The Annual Kitten Conspiracy Meeting:

RjqGwG.jpg

I didn't get anywhere NEAR breeding all previous Halloween dragons this year...didn't even get all the CB's bred like I had planned, because I fell asleep at the computer after carving my (IRL) pumpkin, and getting the candy set out, and my costume on...and lost basically all of Halloween night because of that, RIP. :( Here it is, after 3AM already, and my partying didn't have a chance to really get going. XP Oh well, there's always next year. :P  At least I got my farm the way I wanted it.  (mostly)  While I like the fences, they just didn't work with the look I was going for. I wanted it to remain wild and overgrown-looking.

Final result:

DC_HalFarm_2021_10final.png

I love what everyone came up with their farms ^^ So many unique farms! 💖

I had bit of fun when planning the garden ^^ In fact, I came up with a story :3

p38kghD.png

Story under spoiler tag due to it being a bit lengthy :3

Spoiler

"What did I sign up myself to this time?" Young man sighed as he rode on back of a Magi dragon, being not too far away from their destination. While he had gladly taken the task from his mentor, her words of caution rang in his mind: "Take Nar'Sanara with you. Just in case. With what has been happening during previous years, one can never be too careful."

It was true that the past events around this time of the year had been quite a handful with reports from the outbreak of Undead dragons, haunted forest and discovery of lost city at the Great Desert... but he remembered more fondly the little hatchlings coming to his mentor's door for some candy or the visit at the carnival. If only he had gotten his mentor with him, but apparently she needed to attend to a meeting with a Candelabra dragon. And breaking a promise to such dragon would have rather ill consequences too. Or so he has been told.

"We are here, Damra," the Magi dragon informed, landing near the mansion and what had looked like a farm nearby, making the man snap out of his reminiscence of the past events. Immediately there was a feeling as if something was watching his every move, making Damra get down from the dragon's back to look around. Something just didn't feel right. Hastily he grabbed the notes he had been given about what had been already known about this place. A scientist had been living here with his wife and three assistants... now the question was where were they? Why was the mansion dark? As he walked down the path towards the mansion, his eyes glanced at what was supposedly the farm in the distance.

Nothing was normal in this place. Even less when Damra opened the door into the mansion, only to be greeted by a scared cat that immediately dashed into the farm. After the initial jump scare from the feline, he stepped into the mansion that soon presented itself as abandoned. His heart sunk at this thought, remembering the stories his mentor told about one very specific Haunted house. Was something similar going on here?

After spending couple hours in the abandoned mansion, Damra came back out with handful of notes. He had gotten bit of respite from the feeling of being watched, but same luxury didn't offer itself to Nar'Sanara. "Damra... I feel very uneasy about this place... I am glad that Styna had that meeting now, given that this pressure would have been too much for her by now," the Magi mused about the predicament, the man nodding under his hood as he sat down on the porch to read the notes and reports. Few reports in particular caught his eye...

Day 235

Aurax is shining especially brightly tonight as we bury my wife into the soil of the garden. It is unfortunate that the Carnivorous Plant had managed to somehow spread from the enclosure into the nearby acorn squash garden. Goodbye, my beloved Helera... I will miss you very much....

Day 281

I told my assistants to be careful when going into the enclosure, but of course Kellan had other ideas when going to harvest the Glowshrooms. I suppose the Omen wyrm passing through to another territory wasn't enough of a warning to that man. Then again, I was always the superstitious one of this entire team. Otherwise the observations and studies on the Eye Stalks and Carnivorous Plants are going well.

Day 347

I should have told Aldoe to not harvest today... the blasted tree didn't survive the storm like I had anticipated. Rest in peace, my friend. Kellan's grave had started to grow the Glowshrooms and somehow... they are more haunting than the ones in closure. I need to observe if Aldoe's grave will do the same, given the spores harvested from the mushrooms.

Day 359

With Aldoe's death, an Eye Stalk has sprouted nearby the Pumpkins. With Latho we decided to build smaller enclosure to contain the plant.

Day 434

Latho couldn't take this anymore. I will continue the experiments alone with the plants. At the very least the garden is doing well, but the pathways were too much work to maintain anymore. Oh Helera... I miss you so much...

Day 439

Where is it? I cannot find it. I know there is something else watching me. It isn't from the two closures...

Day 441

Where is it!? Where is it!? I have to find it!

But... what if it isn't a plant...? What do I do?

"...Nar'Sanara?" Damra finally spoke, making the Magi nearly jump from the fright of being addressed: "Y-yes...?"

"Lets go home. I think we are done here."

6 hours ago, Pasifeon said:

oh im glad u liked the idea! i wish i could see your picture tho :"0

Sorry...I tried to edit an edit and it didn't work.  Here is my finished Haunted Harvest:

1119742274_lastfinalhauntedharvest.png.805e3d3ba16d555188bf41ddff16912c.png374136116_2crows.png.b64d7d82d930ef8eff4b7078279ab33f.png

h1.png.582d56439382894cb14a6ecb9e4f504e.png
This is what I ended up with.
Yesterday when I logged into DC I still had hope that I'll have enough energy to also do a forest-swamp mix, but I decided to try adding scarecrows as flags (which I actually already tried on smaller scale) and then I spent all day and energy overthinking their numbers and positions. Eventually I got tired of it and removed all the "flags", as I couldn't tell anymore if they there an improvement or not. This looks clean at least. I spent around 1300 gold on everything; if I knew what I was doing I guess I would only need around ~500 gold.

Spoiler

h3.png.a08207091a9efa5cfe0b7818d82798c4.pngh6.png.bb72ffbdc37d0db6ddda735b44a4655d.png

Someone tied a scarecrow to the cat's tail.
h8.png.7d267e462a563633390b7ee69240b0d7.png

I liked the way the last two default rows looked so I left them.  :)  Just threw in a scaredy cat and a kitten.  If I realized a few things earlier, I would've finished growing my corn and had things better organized on the last row.  I'm so stinking pleased with MY CABBAGES on the front row.  XD  My garden.

I had so much fun decorating my lil farm! Watch out for the spooky graveyard in the back, though. 👻

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 8.53.49 AM.png

I LOVE seeing all these. Every tidy little farm makes me wish I'd done neat plots carefully fenced off, then I see a gloriously wild cemetary choked with weeds and haunted by dozens of cats, and I long to re-do mine in homage. I'm praying to the Halloween gods that we get to revisit this game in the future!

Thanks for sharing, everyone. 👻🎃💀

Edited by Laura-Borealis