Guillotine

Mark kill action after dodge

Character limits make this hard to express in the title.

Basically, when you try to kill a dragon and it dodges, it takes time to reset the ability for the kill to succeed. Some kind of visual indicator for the owner that a given dragon has dodged in that time period would be greatly appreciated, especially since my memory is spotty.

The simplest way would probably just be disable kill until you have a chance at a different outcome

I support, it's odd that it's the only action that has a "cooldown", so to speak, that doesn't get disabled

Oh this would be very helpful, I usually end up going back and forth to my action log all the time, or just trying everything again to be sure lol. Lots of unnecessary clicking around. Support!

8 hours ago, KageSora said:

The simplest way would probably just be disable kill until you have a chance at a different outcome

I support, it's odd that it's the only action that has a "cooldown", so to speak, that doesn't get disabled

Yeah, replacing "Kill" with "The dragon is wary of you and will not let you approach for another [#] hours," (or similar) until it resets would work. I'll genuinely take anything, though, if the kill-dodge behavior is strongly desired.

this would be very convenient. while were at it, i wouldnt mind it if dragons dodged way less than they do now, but...

100%. A failed kill action should put the target on cooldown. Unless I'm mistaken, a dodge has a hidden 7 day24 hour cooldown anyway. This helps makes zombies more accessible and gives new users more transparency to understand the hidden systems that do not have a guide. 

ETA: fix the time. I've had the same fodder dodge multiple times so I think that's why I thought it was 7 days.

Edited by Charu

47 minutes ago, Charu said:

100%. A failed kill action should put the target on cooldown. Unless I'm mistaken, a dodge has a hidden 7 day cooldown anyway. This helps makes zombies more accessible and gives new users more transparency to understand the hidden systems that do not have a guide. 

No, dodges 'reset' after 24 hours (actually I've heard 'after midnight' but I'm not sure about that) and you can try again then.  (This is the generally accepted information, I don't think I've ever actually re-tried in that timespan.) 

I'd definitely like some sort of dodge-indicator, for me it would be helpful to simply remember I've already tried that one, when I have a handful of the same breed to try killing sometimes I get confused which ones I *just* tried.

8 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

No, dodges 'reset' after 24 hours (actually I've heard 'after midnight' but I'm not sure about that) and you can try again then.  (This is the generally accepted information, I don't think I've ever actually re-tried in that timespan.) 

I'd definitely like some sort of dodge-indicator, for me it would be helpful to simply remember I've already tried that one, when I have a handful of the same breed to try killing sometimes I get confused which ones I *just* tried.

For some reason I thought it was 7 days. It's probably because I've had the same fodder dodge over and over again lol. I'll fix the post.

11 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I can definitely confirm that it resets at midnight. I have done it several times in the past when it was past midnight, but less than 24 hours, and been able to successfully kill the beast. ;) Of course it can still choose to dodge again on that attempt also, just as it can repeatedly dodge day after day, month after month! (I'm looking at you, Mr. Baikala!)

Just disabling the the Kill option seems to be the easiest solution

On 8/31/2021 at 2:42 PM, Guillotine said:

Yeah, replacing "Kill" with "The dragon is wary of you and will not let you approach for another [#] hours," (or similar) until it resets would work. I'll genuinely take anything, though, if the kill-dodge behavior is strongly desired.

I really like the wording here, a dragon would be on high alert after dodging the first attempt anyway.

The trouble might be (I know nothing of coding) that - from experience - it can dodge at 5 minutes to midnight and you can kill it 7 minutes later, at 2 minutes past.

I like this idea! I keep forgetting which dragon I've tried killing, a mark would definitely be nice

I don't think it'd be too hard code wise either, just set it so that the reminder disappears when it reaches the second day, since DC has a clock (and it uses EST time) it should be easy to set the reset time when the internal timer's date changes