Shokomon

Filter by Presence Or Absence of Progeny

As it says on the Tin, I'd like to add options in the Filter menu for "Presence of Progeny" and "Absence of Progeny." Basically, filter by whether or not they have kids.

I pair my dragons by whether or not they have kids (and thus, a mate) already, so it'd be helpful, if I didn't have to physically remember which one had kids or not (and go through each page when I didn't remember.)

I could make a "Paired" and "Unpaired" group, but that will take forever (especially for people with well over 1000 dragons,) and unlike something like Lineage or Breed which are static groups, Progeny-based groups would change as soon as any dragons had a successful pairing. Therefore, they would work better as computer-generated groups like "Unnamed Hatchlings/Adults" or "Ungrouped."

What do you guys think?

Very nice idea! I could see this being useful, even outside of permanently paired scroll habits. For example, "Absence of Progeny" could be helpful when hunting for something that one can 'safely' rename for a project, at a glance. I'd totally use it. Support!

12 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Very nice idea! I could see this being useful, even outside of permanently paired scroll habits. For example, "Absence of Progeny" could be helpful when hunting for something that one can 'safely' rename for a project, at a glance. I'd totally use it. Support!

I agree with this. It would also be helpful for people looking for zombie fodder who don't want to accidentally mess with someone else's lineage. 

Very good idea! Everyone in this thread's had great points and I agree completely :D

Support

(great for lyrical and otherwise themed lineages)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Support!

In my case, I would probably use this feature to find lineages I intended to continue but forgot about.  So if I find a Halloween checker with no offspring, then I can go figure out whether I have a suitable mate or not.

And of course, any dragon which has offspring can probably be bred to its most recent mate and produce a nice dragon without too much thinking or searching.

Generally, more filter/search options means more ways to find the dragon(s) you're thinking of.  Although for clutter-reduction reasons it might become necessary to add an advanced search feature with tickboxes for all the sorting and filtering options.

Support!  :)  I would find this particularly useful in combination with some of my groups - CBs, checkers, codes...

Yesssss please! This would be so very helpful. 

(extra-helpful for my 'possible zombie fodder' group so I could easily check which ones accidentally have progeny... I'm not the best at remembering what I have and haven't bred!)

Oh, I think this would be wonderful.With my thousands of dragons, finding an unpaired dragon can be very  time consuming.

15 hours ago, ADN6 said:

I agree with this. It would also be helpful for people looking for zombie fodder who don't want to accidentally mess with someone else's lineage. 

:blink:

For this reason alone - support., I always TRY to remember to look, but....

This is still a thing that I want. And I'm glad other people have a use for it too!

Currently looking through my various Halloweens for those without mates. Christmas and Valentine's still to go.

I *need* this! Also as a search tag when adding to a group, e.g. #offspring

Edited by Ruby Eyes

+1 support for this. Too many of my shinies are mated to the same handful of mates because I can never remember which ones I've already bred. x__x

Yeah, supporting. Very good points brought up in this thread.

I'm in support of this as well for all the reasons already listed previously in the thread! Great suggestion! :D

Support! But maybe they should be called Caveborn and Bred because people are more familiar with those terms?

Support, please!

There was a filter on TJ's scroll stat page and AoND once upon a time that would calculate dragons with the most progeny and numbers of dragons with and without progeny, but they don't seem to work anymore. TJ's site doesn't even check individual scrolls stats anymore.

1 hour ago, Scarlet_claw said:

Support! But maybe they should be called Caveborn and Bred because people are more familiar with those terms?

But being Caveborn/Bred wouldn't tell me if the dragons have kids.

Caveborn and Bred would be the absence or presence of lineage. Something like this would be used to identify if the dragon has identifiable parents/parentage, which arguably sounds like a useful filter as well.

This topic isn't for that, though. This thread is for a filter that tells me "this dragon has babies" or "this dragon does not have babies." 

In other words, does this dragon have a progeny page or not. 

Thanks for the support though.

1 hour ago, dragongrrl said:

Support, please!

There was a filter on TJ's scroll stat page and AoND once upon a time that would calculate dragons with the most progeny and numbers of dragons with and without progeny, but they don't seem to work anymore. TJ's site doesn't even check individual scrolls stats anymore.

Does it? It still still counts how many dragons you have and which ones have the highest stats. (We are talking about this page: DC Records)

*checks page*

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.70be230cbbb5e9c788a23ceaaac2d94e.png

Yeah, the progeny section is broken....

That'd be nice if it could do that again. We don't have the option anywhere else after the loss of Eggs around the World. 

I'm surprised that TJ's site worked for you. I log in, it says it's checking my scroll, then goes straight back to the login page. 

AoND still has the Stat checker but the progeny are zeroes.

Screenshot_20210501-201516.png

10 hours ago, dragongrrl said:

I'm surprised that TJ's site worked for you. I log in, it says it's checking my scroll, then goes straight back to the login page. 

AoND still has the Stat checker but the progeny are zeroes.

Screenshot_20210501-201516.png

Its broken everywhere then?

We really have no othee way to check other than manually...

1 hour ago, Shokomon said:

Its broken everywhere then?

We really have no othee way to check other than manually...

My question is whether the function was broken or disabled, and TJ would be the one to ask.ask.

Did anything ever just show you all your dragons with progeny ? I've never seen such a thing - but maybe I just never tried...

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Did anything ever just show you all your dragons with progeny ? I've never seen such a thing - but maybe I just never tried...

I think there was a listing on one of the fansites, maybe EATW, but my totals were already in the thousands, so I didn't look at it much. I haven't found any progeny stats since my return last November, and I have looked.