Shokomon

Filter by Presence Or Absence of Progeny

1 hour ago, dragongrrl said:
2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Did anything ever just show you all your dragons with progeny ? I've never seen such a thing - but maybe I just never tried...

I think there was a listing on one of the fansites, maybe EATW, but my totals were already in the thousands, so I didn't look at it much. I haven't found any progeny stats since my return last November, and I have looked.

It was EATW. It was really, really useful. At least, it was for me.

I still have one of the tables saved: 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fVThjkEkDZHc5sJ0d2r-lcXDUzKzikUzU-uXpVmR5DA/edit?usp=sharing

The site listed not only which dragons had kids and didn't, but for the dragons with progeny, it listed their mates, all their children, and ordered them by which ones had the most babies.

I used it all the time to figure out what dragons were free and who weren't (since I bred them monogamously.) 

I don't know how it looked with dragons with multiple mates. Probably just listed them separately...

I still miss it..

17 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

It was EATW. It was really, really useful. At least, it was for me.

I still have one of the tables saved: 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fVThjkEkDZHc5sJ0d2r-lcXDUzKzikUzU-uXpVmR5DA/edit?usp=sharing

The site listed not only which dragons had kids and didn't, but for the dragons with progeny, it listed their mates, all their children, and ordered them by which ones had the most babies.

I used it all the time to figure out what dragons were free and who weren't (since I bred them monogamously.) 

I don't know how it looked with dragons with multiple mates. Probably just listed them separately...

I still miss it..

I miss the site too. It had tools that I don't see replaced anywhere else. 

16 hours ago, Shokomon said:

But being Caveborn/Bred wouldn't tell me if the dragons have kids.

Caveborn and Bred would be the absence or presence of lineage. Something like this would be used to identify if the dragon has identifiable parents/parentage, which arguably sounds like a useful filter as well.

This topic isn't for that, though. This thread is for a filter that tells me "this dragon has babies" or "this dragon does not have babies." 

In other words, does this dragon have a progeny page or not. 

Thanks for the support though.

Oh. Wow, I'm stupid XD

1 hour ago, Scarlet_claw said:

Oh. Wow, I'm stupid XD

Aw you aren't stupid!

Progeny and lineage are related after all.

Everyone makes mistakes. I'm sorry if the OP was confusing.

This is still a thing I want.

I need to add this to my sig.

I'm right now manually adding a "singles" group for all my dragons without kids, split by gender...

This made me wish this would happen automatically....

Then I remembered I made a thread about it.

I still want this please. 

Support!

I would love if the full suggestion I implemented but even if it is just added as a group filter option (#offspring), that would help.

This is still a thing I want.

Making your own group only works if you update it constantly...which I don't.

Yes. Please.

I have a group called "Has Progeny" that I add things to after their first breeding, but a filter would be wonderful

I thought this thread was started in 2022 and just saw it was in 2021 >_< Please this