SkySong278

Shapeshifter Avatar: The Last Airbender ooc

great, i just posted mine as well ~~

yui: wow i wish i could talk to travelers they are so wise !!

jun meanwhile: trying to scale a mountain while yelling 

okay. I’ll read it and I might get a post up in the morning.

lol at Jun 😂

Ooh, posts are up!
Kui travels to make money so I could put him quite literally anywhere an interaction is needed!

yep and it looks like the party’s going to be at Crescent Island if you’d like to join.

okay. I’ll get a post up in there again later.

I'll get a post in either tonight or tomorrow, too :) Summer class is starting for me so I want to get a bunch of prep work done today.

@ sky: no problems at all with her seeing jun, i'm eager to get into interactions as soon as possible !! : D 

i'll get a post up tmr or the next day ~ 

edit: oh sorry, quick question !! 

is the plan for everyone to meet at crescent island then?

i can have yui head there too, if so ~ 

Edited by Edelgard

okay and okie doke :)

yep if you’d like.

Uhhhhh Crescent Island might be tricky? Assuming this RP is happening within 10-15 years after Aang defeated Ozai (I'm basing this on the "Everyone still hates the Fire Nation", and Aang's still alive), Crescent Island might not be exactly habitable? Within the original series, Roku destroyed the Fire Temple with a violent volcanic eruption that proceeded to have no end. The ceaseless flow of lava made the island uninhabitable. How... How exactly are we going to get characters to an island that's basically unapproachable thanks to Avatar Roku?

Edited by ValidEmotions

Was everyone thinking about ember island? And the dragons current live in the sun temple if we're following the Aang thing, at least the two last wild ones, not shifters. 

The same temple zuko and Aang visited and that my boy Yota's mother is apart of and the society is still technically a secret unlike the white lotus that comes out of hiding in the last 4 episodes. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

From what Sky and I were talking about, this is after Aang has left the mortal plane of existence. There should be another avatar that takes his place, but there hasn't been one that has awakened yet. So technically this is more than a decade or two. It's been a good several decades if we think that Aang lived his years at a ripe old age and moved on.

Okay, so this thread is not using LoK canon then, correct? Because, with LoK canon, Aang and Zuko were able to return the Fire Nation to the good graces of the other populations and very little to no tension remained by the time Aang's grandkids were born. Though, even if Korra isn't in existence in this RP, would Aang and Zuko still succeed in the same mission? Given that their efforts bore fruit before Korra was born. I'm mostly just trying to get a grasp of a timeline and what canon is being used or not lol

Okay, I will keep the plot a secret for now, but since people are asking about the setting, I shall divulge a little bit into our planned thing.

Aang is dead. There should be another avatar, but after a mistake was made in finding the avatar, the temple guardians were scared. An avatar should have been found, as it has been 16 years since the death of Aang. However, nobody came forth with the power to wield more than one element and so, due to the absence of the influential power the avatar held, the world slowly fell into chaos. They have been trying to keep the peace between the warring nations of Fire and Earth. Suddenly, something stopped their fighting on their own, and now strange occurrences are happening around the world. Some towns are said to be decimated while other villages were taken down and the people abducted. Nobody knows who has done this.

Some theorize that it's a secret organization, who was as famous as the white lotus. Others think that a much more powerful force is tearing everyone's way of life apart slowly.

Though, due to the recent war between the Fire and Earth nations, people from the two are at odds with each other. Their relations will range from apathy to hatred. Very few will actually like each other, much less find love in the other Nation.

Edited by Merciless_Medic

Technically, it's an AU where some events of Aang's reign can still be felt (like the non airbenders being at the northern air temple when Aang traveled there during the episodes). However, it's around the time of Aang's great grandkids, so most of his influential power in his children's children are waning.

woww does that mean yui is related to zuko

finally i can be close to my husband < 3 

yeah, i kind of assumed this was canon divergent without a heavy focus on the specifics of what's happened in atla 0: like we're all just here to have a good time and not worry too heavily about war consequences 

Oh there will be war to worry about very soon, but for now, the most anyone has ever heard of are the disappearances of small towns and villages, where the populations are negligent in the number compared to big cities like Ba Sing Se or the Crescent Island.

It's still scary, but for people who have been stuck at home or coddled nobles, they likely have heard tales from their parents (if they are generals or warriors of their realm, especially Fire and Earth Nation nobles) or have been hearing it from their friends of power.

Right now, everything between the Earth and Fire nations are quiet. No one knows why, but they are just glad that the two biggest nations have stopped fighting and they are more worried about the mass abductions. 

Ahhh okay. So we're looking at some 60-70 years after the 100-year War? :V Because, now I have to ask: How did Airbenders return? LoK uses the Harmonic Convergence and Korra's actions as the reason for how Airbenders were returned to a world out of balance. My airbender is heavily crafted from that canon :'D Including the gender desegregation of the Air Temples. So, I'm kind of in need of knowing what I need to adjust :u

Crescent Island never had a population; it was just the destroyed Fire Temple. It's why I asked xD Since Roku made it uninhabitable within the first season of the main series.

Edited by ValidEmotions

I don't know much of Korra's canonicity of events. When was Korra a thing? Is she an avatar and was she alive when Aang was around? 

Legend of Korra takes place about 40-50 years after the 100 Year War comes to an end. Korra is the next Avatar, a born waterbender, naturally. The series involves Aang's children and grandchildren (the grandchildren range from newborn to some 14 years old at the beginning of the series). There are a lot of technological advances and every nation has rather good relationships (not perfect, mind you). There's even Republic City, which is a giant melting pot of all nations filled with benders and non-benders. In season 4, Airbenders have returned to the world because of Harmonic Convergence and Korra's actions to prevent an evil spirit from gaining control for the next 10,000 years.

No two Avatars can be alive at the same time. Only when one dies, is the next one born in the next element. And the cycle has a pattern: Air, Water, Earth, Fire, Repeat.

Edited by ValidEmotions

Yea, so we can have the events of Korra happen, it would just have to be after she dies.

I'll give one spoiler. There is an avatar in this RP, but they are an NPC and they won't show up until way later in the plot. But, following Korra's events, they are an Earthbender. 

I'm glad we didn't make a concrete year to date for this RP because I honestly forgot about Legends of Korra existing. So we'll have to say after she is dead as well. I'm assuming she is 16 during her series and she lives until a ripe old age, as well. Meaning that it will have to be at least 130 years after the 100 year war and 90 years after Korra's debut. This would mean Crescent Island's issue with being inhabitable have been fixed as someone or a group of someones (mainly those who started the protesting I'll mention later) have made it habitable enough to be a bustling city.

That means that the technological advances are still there (please remind me what has been done so I don't accidentally make it too modern or too... in the era of Aang), Capital City is there, but Fire and Earth Nations after Korra has passed went through a turn in the worse for their relations. Suddenly, it seemed like they fixed the problem after 5 years of warring. Too fast to be normal, but most people don't mind it too much due to the rise in abductions and odd disturbances in the land. Some say the spirits are upset.

There will be some groups where they will protest against the rise in technological advances, saying that the people are not keeping their ties to the spirits of the lands and water and air, angering them as they are losing their connections to the mortal world. While this may be true, nobody can for sure know, as the avatar has yet to be found.

Edited by Merciless_Medic
Forgot to mention Crescent Island's status.

So the thing about the dragons, has there been more born in that time? As for the sun warriors I mentioned, they kept their temple and tribe secret for thousands of years would it be possible for them to still remain a secret?

wait, so the rp is as advanced as LoK-era politics/technology?

doesn't that mean there isn't an earth kingdom royalty anymore? so jun wouldn't be any kind of nobility, since wu abandoned the royal family to make the earth kingdom democratic?

and wouldn't that mean our technology in the current rp is outdated? because of republic city / the unified currency that everyone uses, instead of the different Fire Nation / Earth Kingdom coins? 

edit; also does this mean we have motorcycles and phones and stuff LOL 

Edited by Edelgard

Wait wait xD Medic, that's 220 years after Ozai's defeat. Korra's time would have made it some 120-130 years (when combined with Aang's). That leaves another ~100 years and we're looking at a Firebender Avatar in their 20's at youngest. (Assuming no interruptions to the cycle.) So, if there is an interruption to the cycle, significantly delaying the birth of an Earthbender Avatar....???!!!! 👀 That's a juicy plot.