SkySong278

Shapeshifter Avatar: The Last Airbender ooc

i don't mind aging down slightly if we need to ~~ i just figured since jun's been travelling alone for a bit he should be older otherwise what if he just ......... dies in a bush  

I changed my char’s age to be 19 so it was about the same as everyone else’s. you can have him keep his age or change it slightly. nah don’t do that.

oh okay !! sorry i didn't see that for some reason : D sounds good, i'll keep him as he is then ~ if everything else is all good then i can't wait until we start ^^ 

hello!! this looks like a lot of fun! i hope you don't mind we adding a boy here

Name: Kui Baiyan ( 白銀葵)

Birth Place: Fire Nation, Shu Jing

Social Status: Wandering performer

Appearance: Kui retains the pale complexion and long, flowing dark hair common of a citizen from the Fire Nation. He stands at around 165cm (5'4). His eyes are a brown so light they almost appear to be a pale orange. His black hair is silky and extraordinarily long, reaching down all the way to the middle of his back. Kui often opts to keep his hair down, but will occasionally tie it halfway into a topknot when performing or out in public. Years of performing have earned Kui lean muscular build that is hidden underneath his layered clothing. Kui normally wears makeup strictly during performances, but has taken to painting a streak of red at the corners of his eyes every morning regardless if he's performing or not.

(I'd like to draw a reference later on but for now have a picrew to help visualize my boy!  [x] )

Clothing: Similarly to the other firebenders in his troupe, wears a traditional zhiduo on top of a layer of other robes. On the outermost layer of his outfit, Kui wears a thick white robe with the flower signature of the Weiyue troupe sewn sprinkled throughout it. Underneath that Kui wears four additional robes switching between red and white with each layer. He wears plain brown sandals that are obscured by the length of his robes. Kui's right hand is covered with a silk black glove while his left hand remains oddly bared.

Identifying Marks: On the back of Kui's right hand is a brand of the Weiyue troupe. Kui usually hides the brand underneath his glove.

Personality: To a stranger, Kui is a charismatic performer with a quick wit and an even quicker silver tongue. He loves to mingle with other people, especially customers. He is more than happy to indulge in whatever requests someone may have—whether that be a dangerous trick or small talk—so long as they have the coin to afford him. In reality, the suave man Kui tries to make himself out to be is little more than a facade. In private, or in the instances his mask is forcibly ripped off, Kui is a highly anxious individual prone to becoming flustered at the smallest sign of affection. Beyond his inability to handle his own sensitive emotions, Kui has a love of learning about other cultures and exploring places, food, or events he's never had the opportunity to experience. While he seldom keeps friends during his travel, he is especially passionate about watching his friends enjoy themselves or overcome problems by their own merit.

Element Bended: Fire

Animal Shapeshift: Huli jing (狐狸精). A nine-tailed fox with a gorgeous black coat marred only by red markings at the tip of his tails and a thin line of "eye shadow". Kui retains the same orange-brown eyes that he has when he's a human. As a fox, Kui's physical strength weakens but his hearing and sight increase, allowing him to hear well enough to hear something burrowing underground and see decently into the dark. Kui is larger than the average fox and his fluffy fur only makes him to appear bigger than he actually is. From head to body he is around 86cm (2'8) with a single tail being 58cm (1'9).

Skills: As a performer, Kui's experience with firebending has almost entirely been for entertainment purposes. As such, as soon as he was able to firebend, he was taught different methods of how to manipulate fire to become a spectacle. He's adept at creating shapes and arcs out of fire as well as redirecting flames that have been shot at him. Before leaving the troupe, he was in the process of mastering breathing fire. He is fairly capable of performing the technique, but sometimes he lacks the fortitude to fully control a stream of fire exiting his mouth. Working in the troupe has taught Kui to be able to improvise and react quickly to any situation. His time performing has allowed Kui to develop a persona while entertaining others. He's able to maintain a sense of decorum even when he's internally panicking. Kui is more than capable of hiding his true nature from most people, but there are a few situations that tear of his mask of professionalism and leave him bewildered.

History: Kui was born to the Weiyue Company, a troupe of a variety of performers that split off from the Fire Nation circus to become their own organization. Kui, like all others born in the company, was given the name Weiyue and began learning to become a performer at the age of four. Being an anxious child, Kui didn't take well to performing in front of a life audience. His older adoptive sister, Lei, taught him to pretend to be someone else whenever he was doing his routine. Kui gratefully clung to this method and slowly became more comfortable performing. Kui spent his childhood traveling with the company and performing in taverns, villagers, and cities across the globe. In the troupe, children were raised together by several of the adult members of the group. As such, Kui wasn't particularly close to his mother who preferred dancing to rearing children and he never knew his father who was a Fire Nation soldier stationed in one of the towns the company visited. Lei and her twin brother, Huan, were the only two people Kui considered himself close to. At the age of 13, Kui began to grow disillusioned with the troupe. He craved intimate relationships, but between moving from town to town and being unable to connect with the other members of the troupe, Kui began to feel lonely. Even Lei and Huan, who he considered to be his closest friends and family, began to focus more on their duties within the company than their relationship with Kui. Two years later, after much deliberation, Kui packed his bags and left without saying a word. He's be on his own for a few years, performing for anyone who will pay to watch and searching for somewhere he can call home.

Family: Meifen (Biological mother), Lei (Adoptive older sister), Huan (Adoptive older brother)

Love Relationships/Crushes: N/A

Edited by Doctortear
picrew link broke

welcome and nope, not at all :). accepted ^_^

Edited by SkySong278

aww kaiji looks so smol 

i had some extra time so i edited jun's sheet slightly by changing his appearance, and decided to age him down by a year !! 

okay. I’ll edit your char sheets.

@Merciless_Medicdo you think we have enough characters to start? if so, I’ll post the ic thread soon.

Okay. I’ll probably get the rp/ic thread posted either later today or tomorrow at some point.

whoever wants to. I’ll follow with Kirra after or I can start it off.

Edited by SkySong278

Okay :v Are we basically just starting off wherever and working out the details later, or is there an idea for how to have characters in the same general vicinity as each other?

um maybe we can post them in the areas where they live as well as do what they normally do and then have them randomly meet or we can discuss something else for having them meet.

Riorri's a traveler so getting them wherever it's decided upon won't be an issue. 

Gyiroh, on the other hand, I'll need a little bit to work off of in order to come up with something. She's based in the Earth Kingdom, in some non-specified mining village. So, anything closer to a mountain range. I can probably excuse her as getting on a train and traveling the continent. 

From what I saw of Auroara's post, her boys are currently at sea? 

okay and yes. they’re fishing but I think they started off near the fire nation but I’m not sure.

Yes they are at sea, near the borders of earth kingdom waters near where Kaiji was found.  They where in the fire nation then they shipped out. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

oh okay. got it. I’ll post as Kirra soonish.

ohh

jun's a traveler so getting him anywhere won't be too hard, since i'm pretty sure he's going around terrorizing random villages anyways

yui might be a bit hard though, i'll see what the final plan to meet up is since she's a homebody ; _ ; 

i'll post an opener for them in a bit ~~ : D 

okay. Kirra’s on Crescent Island if you’d like him to go there. I may have her hitch a ride on a boat and be a stowaway later to get elsewhere.

sure it can :). that’ll definitely cause chaos for sure.

Especially when Kaiji knows something about it that Yota doesn't. Kaiji knows it was benders who caused it because he was there. Yota thinks it was a natural disaster. 

19 hours ago, SkySong278 said:

okay. Kirra’s on Crescent Island if you’d like him to go there. I may have her hitch a ride on a boat and be a stowaway later to get elsewhere.

sounds fun !! can't wait until we get everyone together ~ 

ah okay Aro and that sounds like a good idea.

okay Edelgard :). I got my post up as Kirra.