SkySong278

Shapeshifter Avatar: The Last Airbender ooc

good luck with moving ! we'll be here once you return ~~

i think the house plan is a good idea, it would be easy to bring them back as well !!

Thanks, guys. I'll make a few posts until I can move my characters into Miho's house. I need to introduce her father anyway.

The three are heading up to the volcano to see they dragons, perhaps both characters can see each other there as the dragons come from their dens. Mihos father could be leading the ceremony and that's how they get caught and his introduction.

Ahhh yeaa, that could work. And the other characters who are already at the volcano may see a ceremony in a different view and some onlookers may see Jun if he doesn't disguise himself with rock.

Since the ceremony will be taking place near the mouth of the volcano.

oh !! i'm sorry, i was waiting for medic since she said she wanted to reach the top of the volcano before sliding her characters out 0: but sure ~ i'll get a post up later tonight or tomorrow ! ^^ 

It's okay. I was trying to get them up the volcano so they could come across the other group and you don't have to worry about posting during your busy time. XD

Quick question!

You guys mentioned a ceremony happening at the top of the volcano. Since that's where the Kui/Kiyo/Jun group is going, could you go into a bit more detail into what it looks like?

Sure one sec:

So, there is a palace a ways away from the base of the volcano. It has rooms, a kitchen, a lobby, a dining/dance hall, the works. Behind it is a long ass stairwell that goes to the top of the volcano's peak. Now, the lava is there, it's just further down the volcano than expected, like a good 40 feet down. The reason for this is there are two cave openings, one for each dragon who escape the tunnel to fly up to the peak and give a show and accept gifts. 

There is an ornate platform that looks very reminiscent to the style of the old Fire Nation balconies, but with more supports and stuff. The supports are metal and then covered in rock to help keep the platform suspended while it peers over the edge. 

On the platform are benches and chairs sitting against the railing to make room for dancers who dance with the dragons when they come out, and to make room for spectators watching. The platform is fairly huge (and so is the volcano's hole, but the platform only covers a small fraction of the opening). There are statues of dragons on every corner of the platform and there is red carpeting on golden (but false gold) sheets of metal holding together wood and protecting them from the heat. The portion of the side of the platform facing the center of the volcano doesn't have railing. It has another piece of itself jutting forward. There seems to be lots of items that get left there and taken by the dragons (among them food, drink, and children's toys, some others items left there are sentimental value). There is a pedestal at the end of this walkway that is 6 feet wide (the walkway itself, not the podium) which has the book that a ceremonial priest walks up and talks out of it, basically asking the Dragon gods for prosperity from their people and give good fortune, while taking the items as offerings to do those deeds. But it is in another language. You can make more of it than that.

The book isn't always up there. Xd it's up there throughout the day before the ceremony and is taken after the ceremony ends and hidden in a safe place, so that nobody tries to push it into the lava. There are Fire Nation guards and some military officials on the balcony at all times, so it be stupid to try.

The dancers transform into smaller and less decorated dragons and mimic the dragons dancing as best as they can, despite their inability to fly.

Taking drinks and food up to the platform is allowed, but keep technology either hidden or leave them at the lobby or at home. There is no need for technology and the people who may take pictures are the people who see the spectacle from the island's base (the docks and ships are the best places to watch) and the designated photographer for the dragons. Don't leave anything on the platform that juts further out than the rest of the platform or else the dragon's will think it is their's and will take it. And no, they don't do refunds.

Everybody who goes are expected to give an item and prayers to the dragons. The prayers can happen anytime, though it is discouraged to do it during the dance and are encouraged to do it right before the ceremony or right after the items are taken.

They don't commune with the people on the platform and only arise during ceremonies for a dance and gifts before going back to their caves. People may see them in the caves at the base, but they won't show themselves to people generally. Exceptions may happen.

Since it is above a volcano, undressing in the presence of a dragon is highly discouraged. They have changing rooms in the lobby for such things. If you are going to be too hot, change into a more revealing or airy dress or suit (for guys, it is discouraged to not wear a shirt unless you are a dancer).

So yea, there. Decided to add the customs cuz why not

Edited by Merciless_Medic

So my boy jumping in as a fire Drake and performing the Dancing Dragon like he would with Rin and Shaw at the sun warrior temple would be a no-no here right?

The Sun Warrior Temple has different customs and the dragons don't mind if you dance with them, as it is the point.

The dragons in the volcano are no different from that, but it is the society's customs that make a difference. The dragons couldn't care less, it's the war generals and military, as well as the other higher ups, who would see it as almost disrespectful to their dancers. You'd have to have some kind a license or permit to be a dancer and be trained in the dance. The dance the dragons do at the volcano has a different variation compared the Sun Temple dragons, which is why they are kind of strict on who gets to dance with them.

One of the Noble ladies will tell Yota this, assuming they remember.

assuming they remember

Good to know! Don't want my baby to get fried by his future father in law for doing this, it'll pain him not to join in though. 

HAHA i would love if that was the first interaction

but yay !! can't wait to get up there and see the ceremony ~~ 

just waiting for doc to reply (no rush !!) and i'll post as well : D 

@AroaraAngelwolf 

hehe you mistyped yui's name as yue and i had a weird "whoa" moment cause that's my name : ' D

what i get for naming my character so similar to myself, now i'm being charmed by yota ~~ 

Oh my, I was thinking of the water tribe princess who became the moon I'll fix it. I get the same moment when I see someone doing my name XD thankfully I don't have any characters close to my name.

And you deserve a Yota!

ah yes yue !!! i love her, little me was so excited to see her up on the big tv screen LOL

aww thank youuu ~~ for now ill settle for fawning over how sweet yota is to the girls ; D 

Me, too. I’m waiting for Valid but maybe I missed their more recent post?

Ah! Sorry! I lost track of the posts and didn't realize it was my turn :'D I have to take a final exam in the morning but as soon as that's done, I'll be working on a post! Can't promise it'll be posted until Friday morning, though, since I work from noon to 8:30pm.

Ahh sorry that is totally the fault of my fickle creativity/attention! I'll start crafting a post tonight after work.

I’ll get a reply posted soon. in CO for Labor Day, visiting family. might post tomorrow night or on Tuesday.