SkySong278

Shapeshifter Avatar: The Last Airbender ooc

And no use for fishing by hand or pirate ships. Can we have some technical stuff like the air ships, submarines and the tanks we see in Aangs time yet be after Kora, but keep electricity and piping and stuff? Like people realized what it did to the environment so to keep things clean Kora had things built in moderation so protective pieces of historical significance was limited to only a few mechanical machinery?

Just now, AroaraAngelwolf said:

And no use for fishing by hand or pirate ships. Can we have some technical stuff like the air ships, submarines and the tanks we see in Aangs time yet be after Kora, but keep electricity and piping and stuff? Like people realized what it did to the environment so to keep things clean Kora had things built in moderation so protective pieces of historical significance was limited to only a few mechanical machinery?

yeah, i like this 0: if we're going to be post-korra can we diverge from canon for a bit and say that it remains more atla-based technological wise? otherwise a bunch of characters are suddenly out of a job and i already have enough of an economic downturn with covid-19 rn i don't want to roleplay one fictionally 

The Sun Warriors might still be a secret to most, but there will be a leak (either before or during the RP) but it is usually kept a secret among the temple people who guard their respective temples. There may be more dragons as well.

As for the Shapeshifting aspect, the spirits have gifted some with the ability to shapeshift, as a way to tie themselves more to the world of the mortals as the technology advances. However, technology isn't as advanced as we think. The most advanced nation is either the Earth or Fire nations, and it's usually among the non-benders.

Now, to still have some "nobility" or "royalty", they can be like the queen of England. They are ceremonial royals and nobles, they may have some power, whether publicly known or in secret, but for all intents and purposes, most of the power goes to the democratic government. Or there could be a made up City that still had royalty, as I know some people wouldn't want to have to be under a democratic rule. Some preferred to be under royalty. There could be a divide. They will still be under the Earth Nation name, but there can be the Democratic Earth Nation and the Royal Earth Nation or Traditional Earth Nation.

And yes on the new politics and tech. There may be some new additions that we can talk more about here, but I would like to keep it small as the spirits and protesters have been messing with the development of tech.

Edited by Merciless_Medic

I like the technology mashup idea! This back and forth about science versus spirituality but everyone goes the route of what's healthy for the planet and not just centered on what's beneficial to humans. 

1 minute ago, Merciless_Medic said:

There could be a divide. They will still be under the Earth Nation name, but there can be the Democratic Earth Nation and the Royal Earth Nation or Traditional Earth Nation.

ah okay !!! thanks a lot medic, really appreciate your hard work ~~ sorry for all the questions !! 

4 minutes ago, AroaraAngelwolf said:

2 minutes ago, Edelgard said:

yeah, i like this 0: if we're going to be post-korra can we diverge from canon for a bit and say that it remains more atla-based technological wise? otherwise a bunch of characters are suddenly out of a job and i already have enough of an economic downturn with covid-19 rn i don't want to roleplay one fictionally 

Yes, we shall go with that.

Also, the range of years gone by (I had no idea Korra was that far from Ozai's defeat), I can really just make it right after Korra's death, leading to the supposed Earthbending avatar.

:V Honestly, it could go either way based on what you have for a secret plot: straight into an Earthbender Avatar or a significant delay/interruption in the Avatar Cycle. Now that we all just kind of mashed up a technology level, it'll fit both scenarios.

Yes.

I don't want to spoil the plot, so I'm just going to say that the delay/interruption did not happen, but our characters and the temple guardians may believe that, as the temples didn't shine like they did for Aang or Korra. And when they did shine, they found someone, but they weren't the avatar, yet they had a similar potential.

But, the destructions and areas of spiritual significance have become out of whack. There will be some areas where islands have been inhospitable due to the raging spirits there. They have not been consoled with what has been going on, so they take the piece of land they can and protect it at all costs from anyone who comes in. They have been known to capture and hold humans, or make them go insane.

Other spirits have been weakened and only reside near their place of meditated origin. The people there may never feel the spirit's presence until the avatar comes in to give them power and belief once again.

EDIT: I just realized that I haven't made a post yet for my thing. XD hehehe whoops. I am going to make one more character (a non-bender) and plop them right into Crescent Island (kind of literally, as I plan on having them be the laughing stock like how Sokka was).

Oooh okay makes a little more sense. Usually those touched by a  spirit their hair turns white. Kaiji could have came from one of those spirit islands from the south, his mom escaping but not after a wolf spirit helped her. 

Would that somehow fit? He wouldn't know this but find out later he came from the south pole, a spirit abducted his mom while she was pregnant and a white she wolf spirit helped his mom with his birth and excape, gifting him with the form and the white hair of the wolf? 

Sure, that could fit. Maybe the spirit will put some of its power through you. As you use its given power and believe in it (like shapeshifting into a wolf), then the spirit that is tied to you starts gaining more power and gives your character more power and protection, even when your character is not in its territory. This would normally cause friction between the spirits as they are pretty territorial between other spirits, but they are more worried about getting more ties to the mortal realm than territory at this point, so pockets of neutral ground between some have sprouted. 

However, when your character starts to do things the spirit disagrees with, it will take that power away. It could be anything you desire it to be. It could be as petty as not use the new technological advances or it could be something a bit more serious like not killing anyone or harming the wildlife and nature in general (especially wolves). 

ohh aroara we posted so fast within each other 00: sorry, that was my bad !! i should've said something in ooc

i'm going to edit my post for yui slightly and repost it so it flows nicer with your reply, i've deleted my other one ^^ 

@SkySong278 Are you alright with Gyiroh crossing paths with Kirra?

I'm still trying to figure out who to direct Riorri towards, but I figured Kirra and Gyiroh bumping into each other might reasonably work since Kirra mentions wanting to find some kitchen bowls. 

yes that’s fine and I’ll try to get a reply posted tomorrow. sorry. was kind of a busy day today.

Edited by SkySong278

with val's validation (ha get it) i sketched my daughter before working on some stuff tonight ໒( ͡ᵔ ▾ ͡ᵔ )७

sry its so messy i dont clean my lines properly ever 

58c0a9147bd0e2841602a528de358979.png

PS18bCbl.png 

Ahhh look at this lady~~ 👀 Yui looks great!

I haven't started the next post for Gyiroh because I've been distracted, whoops.

getting a post posted now in the rp thread. wasn’t feeling very good earlier but I’m feeling a bit better now. I was also working at home today so I couldn’t post around then either.

Edited by SkySong278

I’ll post a reply in there again tomorrow. it was a bit of a busy day today for me and I’m going to go to bed soon. I’ll post sometime in the morning or during my lunch break.

I'll post a reply so those don't get stuck on me. I have 5 other RPs to make replies for, as well so hopefully I can get it all done tonight. XD

I made a more accurate version of Yota on pitcrew. I still couldn't get the blue markings so their red *for now, but this is what he'd look like in his military school uniform. 

54346_qVlR84uQ.png

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf