Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I slept in this morning, which felt really good!

Nice! I hope to tomorrow, but doubt the dogs will let me.

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Hope the sale goes well, Lagie. And hope you can resolve things with your volunteer.

Sale did! Over 2000 between shop and sale today.

Not so sure about the volunteer though she did show up as she'd committed to the sale.

Hope the social event goes well for you.

2 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Got most of my Christmas shopping done last night on Etsy. ❤️ 

Hooray!

So, yeah, great shop day, and the rain held off. Everything's better with doughnuts.

49 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Hope the social event goes well for you.

It was not as bad as I feared. There were only a few people I didn't already know and we were not crammed together. It was fun seeing wedding pictures. They had a Quaker wedding in a bookstore in NYC and after the reception they paraded through the streets to a nearby park with their 3-piece jazz band and a lot of tambourines and little drums. It all looked like a lot of fun.

49 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Everything's better with doughnuts.

I second that!

hello! i'm back home! it took about 6-1/2 hours, and i think most of that was because it felt like i was toddling down the turnpike behind someone who was driving like me - verrrry sllowwwwly XD 

and at one of the rest stops i circled the gas pumps for far longer than i wanted to - they were all in use - and then gave up and went to a rest stop further west to fill up - i had about a 1/2 tank of gas when i stopped anyway, so it was okay to go a little further down the road.  i left close to 10:30 a.m. and got home just before 5 p.m.  that's a long drive!

And PA is a very wide state! ;) Glad you are home safe!

19 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

And PA is a very wide state! ;) Glad you are home safe!

yes it is!

and thanks. :D 

Welcome back! Was it fun at least? Like did you have a fun radio station playing or a podcast or something going? 

28 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Welcome back! Was it fun at least? Like did you have a fun radio station playing or a podcast or something going? 

thanks!

i have my mp3 player hooked into my stereo - a fun mix of pop 80s, metal, movie scores (lots of Pirates of the Caribbean (first 4 movies)) and musicals! XD 

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Bright and sunny. I need to go home today to do some dropping off and picking up. I wonder what kind of mess will greet me at that end of the road. (Yesterday's mess at the north end had Saturday traffic backed up more than usual weekday rush hour traffic.)

Good afternoon, CPA!

*Are the waffles still warm? Grabs a couple to reheat.*

Stopped at the store for one thing on the way home from church and got caught in a downpour! Luckily I managed to get back to my car before the worst of it hit and by the time I got home it had settled to a steady rain. We are supposed to get up to an inch. Temps were supposed to get to 60, but it doesn't feel anywhere near that, yet. At least it is not freezing!

It poured last night for a bit. Just poured. 

Friend is off to get the last 5 gifts on our list, but the truck is only a two-setter, so I'm still trapped in this trailer. Imma go insane, but all Christmas is done, as long as they find things for those last 5 (who are family friends), and yeah. I'm getting a kindle! It's denim and pretty! My friend's dad tends to spoil me, since he knows that my own dad isn't... great (he's much better now that he's sorted himself out), but anyway... he's getting me a kindle! I'm stunned. lol

Edit: Oh wow. I just reread this, and I sound like a spoiled brat. Ack. Sorry guys. Not my intent. 

I hope everyone is having a good day! 

Edited by AsymDoll13

rained here last night and is sunny today (currently 55f outside)

my head feels like its gonna explode from sinus pressure. bleh.

@AsymDoll13 yay for kindle! That's very kind of him.

Oh no! Feel better @IzzyCat91! I usually get a cold that goes into sinus infection or vice versa, at least once a year. I'm not looking forward to it. If you dip a washcloth into hot water (with a tiny bit of salt in it) and hold it against your face as you breath in, it helps! My grandmother told me that. ^^ Feel better though!

9 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

my head feels like its gonna explode from sinus pressure. bleh.

Sorry about the sinuses. That is truly miserable. I hope you feel better soon!

18 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

but anyway... he's getting me a kindle! I'm stunned. lol

Nice! :)

Hello all! Thanksgiving was good. Got to spend lots of time with my little nieces and nephews (all 5 of them). My husband made Tembleque (coconut cream pudding) which was fabulous.

I am also sick. It started with a sore throat on Friday but yesterday and today have been miserable. Also raining here (a constant drizzle). My pup has been a good boy and snuggled with me in bed while I am sick.

29 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Oh no! Feel better @IzzyCat91! I usually get a cold that goes into sinus infection or vice versa, at least once a year. I'm not looking forward to it. If you dip a washcloth into hot water (with a tiny bit of salt in it) and hold it against your face as you breath in, it helps! My grandmother told me that. ^^ Feel better though!

Thanks, I will try that. I also have an herb steam I use to help so if the salt fails me, i at least have a back up lol

20 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Sorry about the sinuses. That is truly miserable. I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks. It's normal for me this time of year but it still sucks lol

9 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Hello all! Thanksgiving was good. Got to spend lots of time with my little nieces and nephews (all 5 of them). My husband made Tembleque (coconut cream pudding) which was fabulous.

I am also sick. It started with a sore throat on Friday but yesterday and today have been miserable. Also raining here (a constant drizzle). My pup has been a good boy and snuggled with me in bed while I am sick.

Glad Thanksgiving went well!

oooh coconut cream pudding sounds delightful, am jealous.

I hope you feel better soon!

I am supposed to be cleaning today (cat boxes, rat cage, bathrooms, laundry, vacuum) but it's not looking good lol. I might just do the rat cage, cat boxes and laundry since I feel yucky and everyone else except Cookie is still in bed. 

*sends everyone umbrellas*

*and cough/cold/allergy remedies*

Now to do some dragon shifting.

Just watched Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and now I'm on Etsy looking at spine candles? What the heck is wrong with me? lol

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Bright and sunny. Today's the day I finally pay off my credit card. :) The question is... which bank line do I want to stand in to do so? :P I'm thinking the farther west one, even though it's more driving, because I won't have to pay for parking and because it's next to my preferred food store, and I also have to go food shopping.