Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

2 minutes ago, SoraBbb said:

I keep wanting to chat here more but I never know what to say these days. How is everyone doing this evening?

just jump right in and chat!

i've ordered a gift card for the older daughter for the holidays, and she'll be getting cash also - the card+cash will equal what we're giving the younger daughter so she can get a winter jacket.

and now i'm ordering a book for my mom - "The Art of Manipulating Fabric." she sews and quilts, and i hope she'll like it.

11 minutes ago, SoraBbb said:

How is everyone doing this evening?

Good. Tired, though.

Scrubbed down the kitchen and bathroom today and got a bunch of stuff ready for Thanksgiving.

Got my pies baked. Other stuff just ready to go. Turkey gets stuffed and in the oven early tomorrow.

Bestie and I just made our first ever sugar cookies from scratch! ^^ We did it you guys!

Edit: Okay... they're baking, but still... It was easy and fun. 

Edited by AsymDoll13

4 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Bestie and I just made our first ever sugar cookies from scratch! ^^ We did it you guys!

Edit: Okay... they're baking, but still... It was easy and fun. 

Congrats! I like making cookies. I always try to make a few fancy kinds around Christmas. Otherwise I do easy! XD

I don't mind baking, since I used to help my grandmother a little bit. But... the bestie isn't great at relaxing with recipes. Things have to be so precise, which I understand, but it can be a bit overwhelming for both of us. lol

lately my last many batches of home-baked cookies have been the pre-made dough from the store.  still yummy.

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

But... the bestie isn't great at relaxing with recipes. Things have to be so precise

I had an aunt like that. She had to follow the recipe down to the last 1/4 teaspoon of each ingredient with no changes or substitutions.

Same aunt thought that when you read a book you had to read every single word the author wrote.

43 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I had an aunt like that. She had to follow the recipe down to the last 1/4 teaspoon of each ingredient with no changes or substitutions.

Same aunt thought that when you read a book you had to read every single word the author wrote.

Was she on the autistic spectrum? Bestie is. 

41 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Was she on the autistic spectrum? Bestie is. 

Not that I know, but autism wasn't really recognized back then.

8 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Not that I know, but autism wasn't really recognized back then.

That makes sense. My bestie just has an issue with relinquishing the control of making food (it's not just baking).

11 hours ago, trystan said:

my dad used to say "stuff* expands to fill all available space"

It certainly does! XD

10 hours ago, SoraBbb said:

I keep wanting to chat here more but I never know what to say these days. How is everyone doing this evening?

I had a nice quiet evening. I'm house sitting so I'm kind of o/d'ing on PBS Kids. :P

10 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Excellent. I hope they're tasty! I try to do shortbread cookies at Christmas. They make good gifts.

Good morning, CPA! B)

Happy Thanksgiving!

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and turkey sandwiches*

Bright and sunny!

The dogs here keep trying to bark at the neighbour's dogs. We can't go in the front yard any more because of that.

Happy Thanksgiving to all in the USA! Happy Thursday to everyone else!

What are you especially thankful for today?

@Lagie I guess you have seen? The AP is a sea of mint green. @FortyTwo has been busy!

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

@Lagie I guess you have seen? The AP is a sea of mint green.

I saw that at Silvi's just now! Most of the ER eggs are mints.

happy turkey day!

and hello from the county where i moved from last month! i'm in a motel like two minutes down the road from my mom!  i think if she had an extra bed, i could have stayed there. XD 

well, i still read actual physical books.

years ago (easily like 11 years ago) i got a tablet in like the early fall. (this was before i got my first smart phone). my daughters loved it and wanted to play games on it.  so for the holidays that year, my mother-inlaw got both my daughters their own tablet.  but in the few years i had my tablet, i had both my daughters and a family friend tell me that it wouldn't be all that long before i started reading books on it.  nope.  never did.  my devices now are my phone, laptop.... and an actual, physical book to read. :D 

that said, i guess it all depends on your style of reading.

On 11/23/2022 at 7:57 PM, SoraBbb said:

Doing good! Getting ready for bed as I have to work tomorrow. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all!! I hope it was lovely.

50 minutes ago, trystan said:

well, i still read actual physical books.

years ago (easily like 11 years ago) i got a tablet in like the early fall. (this was before i got my first smart phone). my daughters loved it and wanted to play games on it.  so for the holidays that year, my mother-inlaw got both my daughters their own tablet.  but in the few years i had my tablet, i had both my daughters and a family friend tell me that it wouldn't be all that long before i started reading books on it.  nope.  never did.  my devices now are my phone, laptop.... and an actual, physical book to read. :D 

that said, i guess it all depends on your style of reading.

I will read both. I don't mind, and my tablet's battery is... Not great. Never has been. (It's pretty cheap).

34 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I will read both. I don't mind, and my tablet's battery is... Not great. Never has been. (It's pretty cheap).

ah gotcha.

so i'm going to say it's up to you if you want a kindle.  whenever i buy anything online, i always read the negative reviews to see what people don't like about the items.

I read physical books. I like turning pages, and that book smell that any kind of e-book just can't replicate.

I am sufficiently suffonsified. :D As in turkey has been et and lots of other stuff, too. I even made money for my shop. XD

6 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I read physical books. I like turning pages, and that book smell that any kind of e-book just can't replicate.

are you me?? i love the smell of books!

I too am a book lover, but if I want to read a thing bad enough, I will use whatever media is available do so lol

Dinner at my mom's went pretty well, I made ham (home made glaze and all for the first time ever and it was BOMB!)

Tomorrow we go to my brother in law's to be with Ben's mom and brother. I am making deviled eggs, green bean casserole, and stuffing (starting the eggs now so they can sufficiently chill. Casserole and stuffing will take like 30-45 minutes MAX and that's generous, it should really only be like 25 total.